Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
mquinnjr

Live PD: A&E Live Red Zone Version of "Cops"

28 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

Lots of crime action? 

A surprising amount.  I think it shows that even the smaller cities still have a lot of crime for cops to deal with.

Hate this show.  Don't know why I keep getting sucked in.

• Thanks 1

Holy #### did that guy just die after hitting his head on the car?

5 hours ago, shuke said:

He went down HARD! Cop knew it was bad also...  "Let me get these handcuffs on you then we'll get you some help"..

Guessing he won't be stealing again anytime soon :mellow:

On 11/16/2019 at 12:53 AM, shuke said:

That was the greatest open field tackle in the last couple of decades.  I thought the cop may have gotten a 15 yard penalty for a hit to the head, but after a review, it was clearly shoulder to shoulder.  Then the guy's head to blacktop.  :lol:

I literally could watch bad guys get hurt committing crimes on a loop for week's on end.  There is nothing funnier than seeing a guy go stiff and falling face first after being tazed.  

47 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

That was the greatest open field tackle in the last couple of decades.  I thought the cop may have gotten a 15 yard penalty for a hit to the head, but after a review, it was clearly shoulder to shoulder.  Then the guy's head to blacktop.  :lol:

I literally could watch bad guys get hurt committing crimes on a loop for week's on end.  There is nothing funnier than seeing a guy go stiff and falling face first after being tazed.  

I'm always amused by all the Constitutional scholars out there that got their degrees at the University of Budweiser. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I'm always amused by all the Constitutional scholars out there that got their degrees at the University of Budweiser. 

"I know my rights" is the call of the ignorant.  I love the people who say, "You can't arrest me because you didn't read me my rights!" :lol:

I also love when the people have their phones on filming the cops when they arrive, then see the TV cameras and get mad at people filming them  :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 11/12/2019 at 1:38 PM, Poke_4_Life said:

Felt like I was in a Live PD episode yesterday. May in fact be at some point. 

Heading up the Interstate between OKC and Tulsa. Saw an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper deploy a stop strip on the opposite side of the Interstate. (I wasn't sure what was happening at the time.)  Car tops the hill with three more troopers in pursuit.  The car was moving fast and soon I am even with the pursuit as I see the trooper release the strip right after the car being chased passes me. As I watch in my rearview mirror the car hits the strip or is trying to avoid it and loses control. In my mirror I watch as the car goes airborne and rolls numerous times. Like something out of an action movie. 

Turns out the car was stolen. Driver was ejected and died. Craziest thing I have ever seen. 

Article about the crash and pursuit.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I actually root for the people to die or end up paralyzed.  These people put so many innocent lives in danger it's ridiculous that the penalty for running is so light.  

Maybe I'm naive, but where does one buy a meth pipe?  Every single meth head they stop has a meth pipe and my wife and I are always like, "Where do these people buy these things?"  Is there a meth store?

Just saw Dan Abrams on ABC as a legal counsel or something for the impeachment hearings.

Busy guy.

1 minute ago, KCitons said:

Just saw Dan Abrams on ABC as a legal counsel or something for the impeachment hearings.

Busy guy.

I don't mean this in a bad way (because I do like him), but I can't take him serious anymore with "real" news.  All I can hear when I see him now is some corny, sexual innuendoed pun.  

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I don't mean this in a bad way (because I do like him), but I can't take him serious anymore with "real" news.  All I can hear when I see him now is some corny, sexual innuendoed pun.  

I feel the same way about John Krasinski. I see him as a goofball from the Office. Not as tough guy Jack Ryan.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Maybe I'm naive, but where does one buy a meth pipe?  Every single meth head they stop has a meth pipe and my wife and I are always like, "Where do these people buy these things?"  Is there a meth store?

vape shop?

21 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

From the clientele, I always assumed it was Walmart? :shrug:

32 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Gas station

36 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/07/12/a-rose-in-a-glass-by-any-other-name-is-a-crack-pipe/#3172961c610c

https://www.reddit.com/r/trashy/comments/8pq62j/the_fact_that_the_local_gas_station_sells_legit/

https://www.cracked.com/blog/5-secret-criminal-uses-stuff-they-sell-in-gas-stations/

Edited by Walking Boot
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I always got mine HERE.

• Laughing 1

20 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Tried of making your own?

• Like 1

I'm now addicted to having this on late on the weekends.  I hate myself.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shuke said:

Im hoping it comes to my town 

19 hours ago, shuke said:

:lol:. It is on our TV every Friday and Saturday.. Perfect "background" show.. 

A&E is not available on YouTubeTV. My only regret about cutting the cable is no LivePD.

7 hours ago, boilerdave said:

A&E is not available on YouTubeTV. My only regret about cutting the cable is no LivePD.

Philo is $20. 

They went back down to 8 departments.  I wonder why they did that?

7 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Contracts with some departments were up. Jefferson County posted about it on their Facebook page. Asked for public input about contracting with the show.

Edited by scottybo

6 minutes ago, scottybo said:

Contracts with some departments were up. Jefferson County posted about it on their Facebook page. Asked for public input about contracting with the show.

But they have a ton of places they could go back to. I think they were trying something with 12 and I guess it wasn’t worth it. 

9 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I know the Austin area (Williamson County) commissioners voted to have Live PD removed.  Thank god as a drive through there on occasion. That area is known for d*ckhead cops but they were definitely extra while filming - always looking to catch people on bs thats for good tv, etc.  

4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

But they have a ton of places they could go back to. I think they were trying something with 12 and I guess it wasn’t worth it. 

I mean, Live PD wants to renew. JCSO just wants some public input before they agree.

2 hours ago, Major said:

I know the Austin area (Williamson County) commissioners voted to have Live PD removed.  Thank god as a drive through there on occasion. That area is known for d*ckhead cops but they were definitely extra while filming - always looking to catch people on bs thats for good tv, etc.  

You actually believe yourself?

3 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

Tulsa PD just straight murdered an innocent case of Budweiser. 😪

Just saw this.  How'd you see this 2 hours ago?

7 hours ago, shuke said:

Just saw this.  How'd you see this 2 hours ago?

Mark Twain was right. Everything does happen later in Cincinnati?

I think the “live” episode was from 9-12 and they replayed it immediately after.

I am firmly on the civilian side of the bolt-cutter thing, btw. Some of the probable-cause justifications they stretch for are ridiculous. Of course choosing what stops to show makes it look like I am the only guy in the country not rolling around in a car entirely upholstered in meth.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:33 AM, TheIronSheik said:

missoula is out of the rotation.

i guess me getting ticketed for public urination doesnt get ratings.  :kicksrock:

lol, they just had a traffic stop in Tallahassee where a woman accidentally locked herself out of the car in the middle of the stop. Multiple backup arrives ti help her unlock the door...only to realize the car is crammed full of Valentines pot edibles. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

14 hours ago, JaxBill said:

lol, they just had a traffic stop in Tallahassee where a woman accidentally locked herself out of the car in the middle of the stop. Multiple backup arrives ti help her unlock the door...only to realize the car is crammed full of Valentines pot edibles. 

Yea, was a :doh: moment for her..

The Car accident earlier in the night was wicked.. Oh well, another accident, looks like a nice car.. wait, who is that walking up to the driver...  :shock:punches the Driver and shoves him down.. The driver was Ticked off.. had 3 or 4 cops holding him down and it was taking everything they had to keep him down so he couldn't go kick that guys butt.. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, grateful zed said:

missoula is out of the rotation.

i guess me getting ticketed for public urination doesnt get ratings.  :kicksrock:

They couldn't tell you were peeing.

Seems to me that this is the opposite of Red Zone.  They break to stories with the hope of action and most of the time they are complete fails in that respect.  Cops is better in my opinion, but every episode seems to be at least 20 years old.

@danabrams: Tonight #LivePD will be back riding live with departments around the country! One hour show tonight and two hours on Saturday. See you at 9p @AETV!

The Lawrence Indiana in the show is actually in Indianapolis. A 24 year old Police Woman with the Indianapolis PD was shot and killed yesterday responding to a domestic violence call. 😢

• Sad 2

Now that they are riding live again, why only one hour on Friday?

And watching last night I don't understand why all officers are not wearing masks and gloves.. They all should have them in their cars ready to put on the minute they leave the car.

Instead they are inches away from people as they arrest them..
Last night they had some drunken idiot against the car and he kept turning towards them yelling that they were "ussies" .. You could even see the cop a couple of times wipe his face, apparently from the guys spit..

Then we watched one cop, who had gloves on, reach up and wipe his nose with the gloves.. Well, there goes any protection they were providing.

:wall:

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, JaxBill said:

West Baton Rouge has an officer in Hawaiian shirt who could be Gardner Minshews older cousin

@RyClayson: Bayou Vice #LivePD https://twitter.com/RyClayson/status/1254214020300709889/photo/1

Those two that ride together are fun to watch.

Last night a suspect took off running and instead of yelling "STOP!!" like a normal cop does, he yelled "Oh yea.... let's go!!" :lmao:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1