What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (8 Viewers)

PEOPLE has spoken to multiple people involved with the show’s production, who confirmed that the incident in question — which involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.

The incident was not caught on camera, but at least one other contestant witnessed it
WTF, that dude needs some help.  Hope his son realizes his dads behavior is inappropriate, but feel sorry for the kid as I'm sure he's going to be picked on non-stop for his dads actions.

The finale and reunion show won't be live apparently. They're going to film it from 1-4pm PT and then broadcast it on TV at the usual time at night. Seems laughable to think they'll be able to keep the winner from being leaked prematurely
We normally watch just to see who won and then turn it off.. We may  stick around for the first 5 minutes to see if they even attempt to make an excuse for not booting Dan out originally after the first claim and all the video evidence.  My guess they will just brush that aside with a quick "things happened and we took care of it".. :mellow:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt they say anything more about it at the reunion show. Just like HR when fielding calls about past employees, verify the absolute minimum to protect your back.

We normally watch just to see who won and then turn it off.. We may  stick around for the first 5 minutes to see if they even attempt to make an excuse for not booting Dan out originally after the first claim and all the video evidence.  My guess they will just brush that aside with a quick "things happened and we took care of it".. :mellow:  
Yeah they'll discuss it briefly and sweep it off.  No way the guy actually is at the reunion.

I'm rooting for Dean 100% now though. 

Terrible season.

I seriously doubt they say anything more about it at the reunion show. Just like HR when fielding calls about past employees, verify the absolute minimum to protect your back.
I rarely watch the show anymore, but I was reading about this today, and it looks like the reunion show will be taped a few hours before it airs instead of being live this time.  

The reunion show usually sucks anyway. Live is overrated. We spend a season watching a highly-edited entertaining show.  Whatever the reason for it, I'm ok with even a quickly edited pre-recorded reunion show if it makes it a better watch.

My guess is they want to have time to edit around the discussion of the creepy molester guy.  I could see the discussion going in ways that CBS wouldn't be comfortable with it going.
Yep.  No other reason than this. Watching their back here.  

My guess is they want to have time to edit around the discussion of the creepy molester guy.  I could see the discussion going in ways that CBS wouldn't be comfortable with it going.
Definitely this.  I think CBS realizes how serious this is and that they could still get sued.  They are going to be extremely careful here.  Even the EW article on it said nothing. 

I read somewhere that Richard Hatch was going to be on 40 and they pulled him after this happened.  Also saw(maybe it was this thread) that season 40 contestants got a talking to about this and that there is a zero tolerance policy on this sort of stuff. 

WTF, that dude needs some help.  Hope his son realizes his dads behavior is inappropriate, but feel sorry for the kid as I'm sure he's going to be picked on non-stop for his dads actions.
of all the ways CBS mishandled this issue, putting the 13 year old son on camera was by far the worst.   Even though the final straw happened after the family visit, they still had more then enough fuel to know that Dan was never coming out of this untarnished.   They should have made some excuse why Dan did not have a family member present and move on from there.

Every single one of us knows how awful 13 year boys can be to a class mate in a case like this.  

:(

of all the ways CBS mishandled this issue, putting the 13 year old son on camera was by far the worst.   Even though the final straw happened after the family visit, they still had more then enough fuel to know that Dan was never coming out of this untarnished.   They should have made some excuse why Dan did not have a family member present and move on from there.

Every single one of us knows how awful 13 year boys can be to a class mate in a case like this.  

:(
Sure, but it's not CBS's job to predict or protect the family of predatory contestants from bullies.

This article about Jeff Varner's take on CBS taping the finale has me a bit confused.

"I've talked to cast members. I know what happened that got him removed and I'm telling you, 100% horse s--t," he wrote. "The cast has rallied behind Dan and few to no one is behind Kellee [Kim]." "It's so painful to see what is happening with this show," Varner said in his rant. "They are pre-taping the reunion because cast members plan to publicly support Dan and call out producers. Can't have that on a live mic. Ugh. So pissed. Rant over. For now."

Is he saying the (2nd) incident that got Dan booted was no big deal? And they kicked him off for a ticky tack reason save face? So the cast was going to have his back at the reunion? That's what sounds like what he's saying.

This article about Jeff Varner's take on CBS taping the finale has me a bit confused.

"I've talked to cast members. I know what happened that got him removed and I'm telling you, 100% horse s--t," he wrote. "The cast has rallied behind Dan and few to no one is behind Kellee [Kim]." "It's so painful to see what is happening with this show," Varner said in his rant. "They are pre-taping the reunion because cast members plan to publicly support Dan and call out producers. Can't have that on a live mic. Ugh. So pissed. Rant over. For now."

Is he saying the (2nd) incident that got Dan booted was no big deal? And they kicked him off for a ticky tack reason save face? So the cast was going to have his back at the reunion? That's what sounds like what he's saying.
Couldn't the cast members just come out to the press about their support of Dan?

If they give up the money, I guess? :shrug:  All sorts of NDAs and agreements they have to sign and big penalties to be paid.
According to Varner they were going to spill the beans at the live show. Why wouldn't they be willing to discuss it after the reunion show?

Edited to add: What I'm really wondering is what does CBS have to gain from silencing this. The true would come out eventually. 

Are they not going to have an audience at the reunion? 

According to Varner they were going to spill the beans at the live show. Why wouldn't they be willing to discuss it after the reunion show?

Edited to add: What I'm really wondering is what does CBS have to gain from silencing this. The true would come out eventually.  
It would be interesting to see what the one contestant that supposedly witnessed it would say. 

Are they not going to have an audience at the reunion? 
Guessing cbs wants to protect its image, survivor franchise and how they handled etc.  believe there’s live audience but will edit out.  

Pretty good article here
Eh, while it had some good points, criticizing the show because Kellee was voted off and Dan was not, as if the producers of the show decided that, makes it seem like the writer of that article has an axe to grind.  I also think failing to mention the two other women on the show who admitted on camera that they lied about Dan's actions so as to make him a bigger target was a mistake.  Assuming Dan is the bad guy in this whole story (I don't buy what Varner is saying, given his history), he can f off and fade into obscurity, but I think everyone should take a breath and hold off with their hot takes until we know more.  I know, in this day and age, people overreacting and jumping to conclusions right away for the sake of having a hot take is the norm, but I am sure there are reasons that CBS and Probst are not saying much thus far, and letting it play out a bit first seems like the way to go here. 

Eh, while it had some good points, criticizing the show because Kellee was voted off and Dan was not, as if the producers of the show decided that, makes it seem like the writer of that article has an axe to grind.  I also think failing to mention the two other women on the show who admitted on camera that they lied about Dan's actions so as to make him a bigger target was a mistake.  Assuming Dan is the bad guy in this whole story (I don't buy what Varner is saying, given his history), he can f off and fade into obscurity, but I think everyone should take a breath and hold off with their hot takes until we know more.  I know, in this day and age, people overreacting and jumping to conclusions right away for the sake of having a hot take is the norm, but I am sure there are reasons that CBS and Probst are not saying much thus far, and letting it play out a bit first seems like the way to go here. 
I'll admit I haven't watched this show in ages. I wanted to watch it with the Legends and Boston Rob on as he was one of my favorites. Can't remember the last episode of this I watched. Getting back to the point I read abut this whole thing. The name sounded a bit familiar so I asked my buddy who's done some very small film work (Was in a movie awhile back with Vince Vaughn and became friendly with Tyrese Gibson and Paul Walker). He's also collaborated with Meek Mill and some others. 

Now to what he said. He told me he's heard of this Dan in the past.Couldn't tell you his clients but said he's heard some stories similar to this one in the past about the guy and some accusations from female clients (weren't named) as well as Male but nothing could get him pinned dead to rights on anything. He has a pretty dam good lawyer as well and usually anything was settled out of court or thrown out privately. From what I've heard about this guy he's your typical Hollywood elitist who thinks he can do no wrong and gets whatever he wants. The problem is he went after a girl who wasn't falling for his tricks

He said the inappropriate touching happens in Hollywood big time and the whole METOO movement is only the tip of the iceberg. So many more actors and actress's and Hollywood people need to come out on the abusive behavior by expects, producers, directors and even co-stars. There's also been mentions of names dropped who traveled to Epstiens island and numerous child abuse and trafficking claims but given it's the elite nothing will be pinned on them. people are paid off constantly and people threatened and too afraid to speak. 

Onto the actual show now I haven't watched so my opinion is based on what I've read and heard. Kellee mentioned Dan's inappropriate behavior the first episode correct? Producers warned him from what I read. The second accusations no matter what should've taken him off the show. I disagree with the article above which is one of the first I read about just holding him out of Challenges and other things with physical contact. What does that really solve? Nothing. Either keep your hands to yourself and or your ### is off the show that simple. For the two other girls who admitted to lying I can't without seeing the show or hearing from them determine if they really are telling the truth about lying about it or not. I will say with $1M on the line one can believe the girls had similar situations with Dan but were afraid to be victimized and off the show as well. Kellee made for an easier target now to vote off. Jeff Probst is pretty active on Twitter defending the show numerous times or interactive with the fans no matter what but he's been very quiet. He either can't speak do to legal ramifications or he's completely embarrassed how CBS handled things and believes he could've done more to protect the show and the cast involved especially Kellee. His hands were probably tied by CBS and producers. It's just a terrible look for the show that they went this long with keeping Dan on the show. 

The fact the final interview segment is not live and Dan is not even part of the final episodes raises a lot of eyebrows. This is really one of the few "Reality/Game Shows" I actually have enjoyed when I've had the time to put into watching a full season. I put those in quotes as I believe Survivor is way more Genuine with live reactions and stuff then shows like Duck Dynasty, Jersey Shore and other shows of it's kind where they've been incredible exposed. Contestants are suppose to be protected. I remember one contestant years ago in one of the first 3-4 seasons (Forget the season and member) who got severe burns from accidentally falling into the fire. They did an amazing job getting him off the island and making sure people were safe and all. 

Overall it's a bad look for the show. Hopefully it's a good lessoned learned by all here. And Honestly all I got to say about CBS is if that was my daughter who went through that what I'd do I'd be in jail for an VERY VERY LONG TIME. I don't fault Probst as much though because I guinely feel he had his hands tied and feels awful about the situation where CBS just wanted the ratings off of the issues. 

Any guesses on the winner? If I was a betting man, my money would be on Tommy but I really don't have any idea.
Really depends who wins immunity.  Tommy, Dean and Noura should ALL want to get rid of Janet and Lauren, so you'd think that's what would happen if not for idols.  Noura's 100% goat -- so chalk would have it be Tommy or Dean.  Too close to call, but I think Dean's had a slightly better game IMO.

Tough vote there on Janet or Lauren.. If I was Dean for jury votes here is how I'd of played it...

Give Janet the HI he had and explain to her Tommy's plan to oust her.. Have her play both HI's and :bye: Lauren..

Big time jury play, Tommy and Lauren have no idea you saved Janet so they both believe you tried to save her.. And well Noura is still :crazy:  

Dean should win.. They've been out to get him since 10 so to last to final 3 and make the moves he did :thumbup:

Noura may get a vote, but it should be down to snaky Tommy or "survivor" Dean...

I only watched a little of last week and tonight, but Noura is more than a bit nutty.  It was so obvious that she had no chance to win, and I think that realization hit her during the whole jury questioning section.  I thought Dean would win, based on what I had seen, which again was not much. 

I'd have voted for Dean, but I think he suffered from most of his good game play coming after most of the jury had been voted out.  I kind of wonder how many of them would change their votes watching the season back.  Tommy deserved to lose just for repeatedly going to Dean with the last Idol clues.

Hello, audio?
So did anyone else have audio issues at the beginning?  From the start of the show until Rob and Sandra left them, I had no audio. 

Yeah, Kelly got a nice fat check for sure. They're in full CYA mode.

My dad, brother and I were dying over the Sia awards. Jamal thinks he's making out like a bandit with 15k and them Elaine and Janet get 100k each.
We laughed at that as well. 

Yeah, Kelly got a nice fat check for sure. They're in full CYA mode.

My dad, brother and I were dying over the Sia awards. Jamal thinks he's making out like a bandit with 15k and them Elaine and Janet get 100k each.
Yeah where in the world does that $15K figure even come from?  Sia:  I’m gonna give away $215K....now let me think how I should split that up. 

After watching the season back on TV, I wonder how many of those that voted for Tommy regret that decision.  

He was with numbers for most of the season.  Didn't win or find anything.  He ratted out basically everyone while promising them loyalty to the end.  Every single secret told to him was provided to anyone he felt could help him in that particular moment.  His handling of the last idol and Dean was just laughable.  

Dean, on the other hand, was at/near the bottom of many votes.  He peaked at the perfect time and played a great game.  

The best thing Tommy did (and it won him the game) was he got to know everyone.  He seemed to have some sort of relationship with just about everyone else.  Dean did not.  Noara did not.  

I thought Tommy was least deserving of the three, including Noara.  He was right to help Dean make fire over Lauren, though. She would have won imo.  

When Noura stopped and thought about things it turned out she understood the game after all.  She nailed her big choice -- getting rid of Lauren and picking Dean to knock her out with fire.  And she had some decent insights in front of the jury as well.  Her problem was she just couldn't shut up and was way too impulsive in the moment. 

Asking Dean "have you ever dated a crazy girl?" was a season highlight.

Tough vote there on Janet or Lauren.. If I was Dean for jury votes here is how I'd of played it...

Give Janet the HI he had and explain to her Tommy's plan to oust her.. Have her play both HI's and :bye: Lauren..
Yeah, I thought Dean misplayed his hand there.  He had an opportunity to do something for the jury in real time (not bringing it to light in the final TC).  His HII ended up being worthless. 

If he wanted to be ruthless, he could have given Lauren his idol and then used the nullifier on her.  But he was right to vote out Janet.  She would have probably won the fire challenge.  

It would have been funny if he would have given Tommy his idol (since Tommy claimed it should be his anyway because he found the first clue) and then used his nullifier against Tommy.  That would have been cool to see Tommy's emotions go from  :D  to  :angry: .   

After watching the season back on TV, I wonder how many of those that voted for Tommy regret that decision.  

He was with numbers for most of the season.  Didn't win or find anything.  He ratted out basically everyone while promising them loyalty to the end.  Every single secret told to him was provided to anyone he felt could help him in that particular moment.  His handling of the last idol and Dean was just laughable.  

Dean, on the other hand, was at/near the bottom of many votes.  He peaked at the perfect time and played a great game.  

The best thing Tommy did (and it won him the game) was he got to know everyone.  He seemed to have some sort of relationship with just about everyone else.  Dean did not.  Noara did not.  

I thought Tommy was least deserving of the three, including Noara.  He was right to help Dean make fire over Lauren, though. She would have won imo.  
I've watched every single Survivor episode and this was one of my least favorite seasons for various reasons, but what you touch on is what keeps me coming back and what keeps the show interesting for me.  Individuals on the jury all have their own unique motivations for voting for/against a winner.  Some like the social aspect and will vote for who played the best social game, some will vote for the underdog who made it to the end despite everyone trying to get rid of them, some will specifically vote against the person who blindsided them, etc., etc.  I found it funny that it was played up for the jury that Tommy had made final 2 deals with practically everyone post-merge and even Sandra mentioned how awesome that was for Tommy's game.  But in previous seasons, this exact strategy has backfired more than once as players started talking to one another and realized they were being two-timed.  It's caused people to be voted off numerous times over the years.  I made a guess of Dean winning 6-4 prior to the final votes being read, but the more I think about it, the more I"m OK with Tommy being the winner.  No doubt Dean played an incredible end-game, but Tommy played a more complete game from day 1 to day 39.

In general, I"m not a fan of returning players coming back in future seasons, but I'd agree that Kellee deserves another shot.  And Elaine was probably my favorite player this season, so I'm glad she got $100K from Sia.

Users who are viewing this thread