What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (4 Viewers)

Given the choices, I’m cool with Chris winning. But what a weak final 3. When they asked Gavin what his biggest move was, he said “I made relationships...” so his biggest move was essentially the same as the first day of kindergarten. 

Devens screwed up bigtime at the Final 5 by not sitting on his idol and getting Gavin voted out.
I don't think that would have mattered at all.  Final four of Devins, Chris, Lauren and Victoria.  Devins still needs to win Immunity or beat Chris in fire making which he didn't do.

With this final four, even if Lauren wins immunity, I think she takes Victoria to the finals leaving Chris/Devins fire challenge and Chris would have still put himself up against Devins if he won.  

What a horrible finale to the best overall season, IMO.  I liked the EofE idea, but it should have been done up until the merge and then been over.  Chris was such a Dbag during the jury questions, I was sure he talked himself out of the win.  I didn't like Gavin, but he should have won for never getting a vote and never being voted off.  Also, I'm a huge NewsRadio fan and I thought he was great on that show with Phil Hartman.

On a side note, I don't get when people are like "Damn.  So and so looked cleaned up well and looked awesome on the reunion."  All that means is they are ugly and makeup makes them look good.  That ginger looked like a different person from the real person we saw on the island.  After seeing what she looks like in real life, any time they showed her at the reunion, all I can see is Bozo the clown.

Definitely worried that this Sandra and Rob thing is going to be the jump the shark moment for the show. No interest in seeing either one of them.
That's a good way to put it.  They better hope there are some memorable characters in the batch of players next season.  If not we have the crapfest of people praising Rob and/or Sandra on how they are such good players, blah blah.  They need a few people (or at least one good one) to bump heads with Rob and Sandra.  If it's a love fest featuring Boston Rob I'm skipping the season.  

The women at the reunion tend to look different with makeup, for sure.  But we have to remember we're used to seeing them a certain way.  And then all of the sudden we see them a little heavier (sometimes) and with what looks like a ton of makeup on.  The difference in our eyes is such that it is often a put off and makes us think 'she looks like a clown with all that caked on makeup, I can't believe... etc.'  

But maybe that's the way they usually look in real life and we're not used to seeing them like that.  A little getting used to the contrast from what they looked like on the island (dirty and no makeup) and maybe they wouldn't look so clownish.  That said, a live broadcast on TV in Hollywood may tend to cause some of them to go an extra mile to try and look their best.  Their everyday look is likely somewhere in between.  

I thought Julie and Julia looked nice at the reunion.  I wouldn't have recognized Wentworth if I saw her on the street the way she looked at the reunion because I'm used to seeing her with no makeup on.  Seems some transition from the island to the studio more easily than others.  Lauren looked better on the island and Aurora looked better in the studio, imo.  

The women at the reunion tend to look different with makeup, for sure.  But we have to remember we're used to seeing them a certain way.  And then all of the sudden we see them a little heavier (sometimes) and with what looks like a ton of makeup on.  The difference in our eyes is such that it is often a put off and makes us think 'she looks like a clown with all that caked on makeup, I can't believe... etc.'  

But maybe that's the way they usually look in real life and we're not used to seeing them like that.  A little getting used to the contrast from what they looked like on the island (dirty and no makeup) and maybe they wouldn't look so clownish.  That said, a live broadcast on TV in Hollywood may tend to cause some of them to go an extra mile to try and look their best.  Their everyday look is likely somewhere in between.  

I thought Julie and Julia looked nice at the reunion.  I wouldn't have recognized Wentworth if I saw her on the street the way she looked at the reunion because I'm used to seeing her with no makeup on.  Seems some transition from the island to the studio more easily than others.  Lauren looked better on the island and Aurora looked better in the studio, imo.  
I get what you're saying, but I don't like women in real life that wear a lot of makeup.  Makeup was meant to enhance slightly.  Not change your looks completely.  

Chris was such a Dbag during the jury questions, I was sure he talked himself out of the win. 
How so?  You mean the time he asked Gavin a question and Wentworth and Lauren got all huffy and said "how bout letting the jury ask the questions?" ?  

A few minutes later Gavin did the same thing and asked Chris a question and no one said a word.  But Chris was a dbag?  

I get what you're saying, but I don't like women in real life that wear a lot of makeup.  Makeup was meant to enhance slightly.  Not change your looks completely.  
I agree.  I think Lauren went a little overboard with hers.  She is a natural beauty.  I thought Julie's was nicely done.  

How so?  You mean the time he asked Gavin a question and Wentworth and Lauren got all huffy and said "how bout letting the jury ask the questions?" ?  

A few minutes later Gavin did the same thing and asked Chris a question and no one said a word.  But Chris was a dbag?  
The way he was explaining this "sales techniques" or whatever to the jury like he was so much smarter than them.  That usually doesn't work if you've been on the island the whole game.  But dude was voted off and he was explaining to the jury his techniques of how he outwitted them.  It might have just been good editing, but they even showed the jury's reactions like "WTF?"  I was sure at that point, he was talking himself out of the prize.

I agree.  I think Lauren went a little overboard with hers.  She is a natural beauty.  I thought Julie's was nicely done.  
And to be clear, the only one I noticed this season was Vic.  The others weren't crazy overboard.  But in season's past, there have been some people who reminded me of Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.

What a horrible finale to the best overall season, IMO.  I liked the EofE idea, but it should have been done up until the merge and then been over.  Chris was such a Dbag during the jury questions, I was sure he talked himself out of the win.  I didn't like Gavin, but he should have won for never getting a vote and never being voted off.  Also, I'm a huge NewsRadio fan and I thought he was great on that show with Phil Hartman.

On a side note, I don't get when people are like "Damn.  So and so looked cleaned up well and looked awesome on the reunion."  All that means is they are ugly and makeup makes them look good.  That ginger looked like a different person from the real person we saw on the island.  After seeing what she looks like in real life, any time they showed her at the reunion, all I can see is Bozo the clown.
Been with a few gingers in my life....they never looked quite the same in the morning. I know most don`t but makeup works wonders for gingers.

The way he was explaining this "sales techniques" or whatever to the jury like he was so much smarter than them.  That usually doesn't work if you've been on the island the whole game.  But dude was voted off and he was explaining to the jury his techniques of how he outwitted them.  It might have just been good editing, but they even showed the jury's reactions like "WTF?"  I was sure at that point, he was talking himself out of the prize.
Looked like he quickly realized he should keep quiet when he put his head down as to say oh crap let me shut up.  His sales technique description was how he outwitted Lauren and the others once he got back in the game.  I didn't think he was gloating about outwitting the others on Edge.  He was blindsided for his vote off.  He explained that he used his time on Edge to try and mend relationships and provide (fish, work around the beach) for the others at Edge.  It was really his only game play that he had available to him.  He mentioned it at the final because he needed the jury to know what his intentions were and how his actions helped (hopefully) him get a few votes (if he got back into the game of course).  I felt like he was preparing his case while on Edge if by chance he made it back on the show.  

If he doesn't mention that at FTC, maybe the jury wouldn't think he did anything to deserve a win over Gavin.  It's possible that it turned a few off but I think it caused a few of them to think about the combination of his efforts at Edge and his great game play once back in the game.  It appeared that Wentworth was voting Gavin come hell or high water and Lauren was her little sister so she voted the same.  But only a couple more voted Gavin.  The rest voted Chris and I think he felt he had to plead his case to get some of those votes.  

I really think Victoria was a no brainer vote for Gavin as they were close and he reiterated that at FTC.  But she voted Chris in the end.  His comments at FTC seemed to at least sway her off Gavin.  

Looked like he quickly realized he should keep quiet when he put his head down as to say oh crap let me shut up.  His sales technique description was how he outwitted Lauren and the others once he got back in the game.  I didn't think he was gloating about outwitting the others on Edge.  He was blindsided for his vote off.  He explained that he used his time on Edge to try and mend relationships and provide (fish, work around the beach) for the others at Edge.  It was really his only game play that he had available to him.  He mentioned it at the final because he needed the jury to know what his intentions were and how his actions helped (hopefully) him get a few votes (if he got back into the game of course).  I felt like he was preparing his case while on Edge if by chance he made it back on the show.  

If he doesn't mention that at FTC, maybe the jury wouldn't think he did anything to deserve a win over Gavin.  It's possible that it turned a few off but I think it caused a few of them to think about the combination of his efforts at Edge and his great game play once back in the game.  It appeared that Wentworth was voting Gavin come hell or high water and Lauren was her little sister so she voted the same.  But only a couple more voted Gavin.  The rest voted Chris and I think he felt he had to plead his case to get some of those votes.  

I really think Victoria was a no brainer vote for Gavin as they were close and he reiterated that at FTC.  But she voted Chris in the end.  His comments at FTC seemed to at least sway her off Gavin.  
Yeah, and it all may be editing for suspense.  I honestly don't know.  But our take was that he was talking himself out of the win.

I'd also like to add that I say things like Dbag, or say I hate someone on TV, or things like that, but I don't mean it personally.  Like I hated Wardog and thought he was a moron.  But I'm just talking about in the confines of the game.  He might be a smart, really great guy.  So I just wanted to clarify the use of my words.

Also the editing has become so predictable.   Whoever they are talking about getting rid of before TC my wife always says "Well they are not going home tonight"

I don't think that would have mattered at all.  Final four of Devins, Chris, Lauren and Victoria.  Devins still needs to win Immunity or beat Chris in fire making which he didn't do.

With this final four, even if Lauren wins immunity, I think she takes Victoria to the finals leaving Chris/Devins fire challenge and Chris would have still put himself up against Devins if he won.  
If Devens doesn’t give Chris back the othe half, Chris isn’t in the final four. 

It would have been awesome if the jury would've still voted for Devins.  Even if it just resulted in them having to redo the vote to get an actual winner.  The sad thing is, Devins will probably be invited back but there's no way he'll be able to catch lightning in a bottle again.  He wasn't that great of a player in the beginning.  He did some boneheaded things that worked his way.  It wasn't until the end when he started finding idols that he really started to shine.  Again, he's my favorite player ever, but I just can't see him being this lucky again if he comes back.

If Devens doesn’t give Chris back the othe half, Chris isn’t in the final four. 
Agreed, my post was in response to this:

Devens screwed up bigtime at the Final 5 by not sitting on his idol and getting Gavin voted out.
He was talking about Devins using his Immunity Idol on Gavin so that they could be sure on voting Victoria out.

rick6668 said:
Agreed, my post was in response to this:

He was talking about Devins using his Immunity Idol on Gavin so that they could be sure on voting Victoria out.
Right. Lauren and Rick both misplayed at the end. I still can’t beleive she protected Chris. If you have an idol you can use the next week to guarantee a spot in the final 4, there is no question you hold onto it. 

Right. Lauren and Rick both misplayed at the end. I still can’t beleive she protected Chris. If you have an idol you can use the next week to guarantee a spot in the final 4, there is no question you hold onto it. 
Yeah, I agree on Lauren, I'm not sure what else Rick could have done (besides win immunity).  Playing the idol for Gavin was fine IMO.  He was trying to secure a final 3 spot, even though Gavin would have likely not followed through.

Gavin, Lauren or Victoria going home likely leads to the same result.  Chris/Rick in the fire making challenge.  I think Victoria might have gotten more votes than Gavin against Chris, so I don't mind his play of sending her home.

Yeah, I agree on Lauren, I'm not sure what else Rick could have done (besides win immunity).  Playing the idol for Gavin was fine IMO.  He was trying to secure a final 3 spot, even though Gavin would have likely not followed through.

Gavin, Lauren or Victoria going home likely leads to the same result.  Chris/Rick in the fire making challenge.  I think Victoria might have gotten more votes than Gavin against Chris, so I don't mind his play of sending her home.
Rick should have realized that not giving Chris back his half of the idol made him vulnerable and Chris was his top immunity threat and fire challenge threat. Rick didn’t think ahead enough. He was guaranteed final four with his idol so he’s making fire or winning the last immunity to get to the final three. He didn’t sit back and figure out who was his only true challenger and he lost because of it. 

Rick should have realized that not giving Chris back his half of the idol made him vulnerable and Chris was his top immunity threat and fire challenge threat. Rick didn’t think ahead enough. He was guaranteed final four with his idol so he’s making fire or winning the last immunity to get to the final three. He didn’t sit back and figure out who was his only true challenger and he lost because of it. 
Yeah, I totally agree. Giving Chris back his idol was his mistake (If Lauren doesn't make her mistake, then Rick doesn't even have the opportunity to give it back).

After he won Immunity at 5, his idol was not that important as it had to be used.

My thoughts:

1) EofE is a terrible idea.  The winner was in the game for what, ten days?  

2)I hate that idols are put back in play.  Have an x number of idols/advantages, and that's it.  These seasons where someone has an idol 3/4 weeks in a row makes it seem fixed.

3)I've essentially lost all interest in this show.  I watch it with the gf, so I will continue, but I will complain non stop.  Eye candy is all I have left, which made this season pretty good.

My thoughts:

1) EofE is a terrible idea.  The winner was in the game for what, ten days?  

2)I hate that idols are put back in play.  Have an x number of idols/advantages, and that's it.  These seasons where someone has an idol 3/4 weeks in a row makes it seem fixed.

3)I've essentially lost all interest in this show.  I watch it with the gf, so I will continue, but I will complain non stop.  Eye candy is all I have left, which made this season pretty good.
1.  agree - decent concept but executed a bit wrong

2.  agree 

3.  somewhat agree ... I don't watch much regularly so this still entertains me.  Eye candy is always a plus of course.

should go back to old school and eliminate idols altogether. 

And the Rob/Sandra idea is absolutely terrible.  Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired. 

But I haven't missed an episode yet, so I'll be back regardless. 

Worst. Season. Ever.  Worst. Ending. Ever.

Long time fan. To quote someone else, fear they've jumped the shark here... Piece of #### result to have a winner who spent almost a month out of the game...  Reem me daily on the jury?  WTF, Jeff... WTF?

Now Boston Rob and Sandra as mentors?  Might be time stop stop watching.

Hated Chris winning. He won from bonds with the jury? Must be nice sitting around for a month sucking up to the voters instead of blindsiding people trying to stay in the actual game. Terrible twist that backfired and ruined great casting. 

Hated Chris winning. He won from bonds with the jury? Must be nice sitting around for a month sucking up to the voters instead of blindsiding people trying to stay in the actual game. Terrible twist that backfired and ruined great casting. 
Agreed except for the the great casting comment. I'd much rather have all new members and skip the returning players unless it's all returning players. And even then, I'd rather see all new players. 

For sure, they definitely wanted some sizzle and fireworks from 4 "fan favorites" who had very different styles and draw. And they got no mileage at all out of them. Total whiff. 
Rather see all noobs myself... but I do like David and his approach to the game.  Hard to believe Lauren, on the other hand, could be dumb enough to hand Chris her idol when it still had remaining life.  Of course, Wentworth the big mouth, had an impact by revealing Lauren's idol to Chris on EoE.  Joe framed the season by helping a boring group advance early in the game. He then let his chance to get back in the game slide through his fingers.  Maybe if someone cut his hair?

Rather see all noobs myself... but I do like David and his approach to the game.  Hard to believe Lauren, on the other hand, could be dumb enough to hand Chris her idol when it still had remaining life.  Of course, Wentworth the big mouth, had an impact by revealing Lauren's idol to Chris on EoE.  Joe framed the season by helping a boring group advance early in the game. He then let his chance to get back in the game slide through his fingers.  Maybe if someone cut his hair?
Lauren was a complete idiot. It's beyond me how saving Chris furthered her game at all especially since she was now at risk for the final 4. Made 0 sense at all and two seconds of thought should have immediately told herself that you never, ever, give up your idol when you are guaranteed final 4, which means you are at worst in a fire challenge for final 3. Boggles my mind how dumb people can be. Same with Rick saving Chris. The only super physical threat to him in challenges and he saves Chris giving him that half an idol.

It really makes Chris winning that much worse that he got saved twice. That idol coming back at final 6 was awful as well. How can you give the EoE person an idol with that few left? Such an advantage, but I honestly think Survivor wanted that first of someone winning who was voted out.

Worst. Season. Ever.  Worst. Ending. Ever.

Long time fan. To quote someone else, fear they've jumped the shark here... Piece of #### result to have a winner who spent almost a month out of the game...  Reem me daily on the jury?  WTF, Jeff... WTF?

Now Boston Rob and Sandra as mentors?  Might be time stop stop watching.
Yea I finally got through the final earlier today.  Had zero cares who won. My thoughts were the same as yours    

And now we get back to back seasons of rob and Sandra?!  Maybe they need to call it at season 40.  

Idols are everywhere with two or three in play per tribe at any point in the game. Advantages, secret second ballots, tribe shuffles every 3 votes... all the gimmicks floating around... it's not the same game. They don't know ####.
I hope for season 40 they cut way back on all the gimmicks.  Don't really want to watch a season of all former winners determined by how many idiots someone can find. 

Expect to see Rob and Amber try to orchestrate another takeover with minions.  Not going to happen with this group.  Pavarti hasn't played in so long it might be interesting to see how she tries to manipulate.  Might be fun to see her interact with Tony and Sandra and others.

Season 38's ending sucked (terrible twist) but season 40's theme is awesome and should make for a very intriguing season.

That guy is extremely accurate in his twist and cast spoilers.

Walking Boot said:
Amber and Rob

Never mind :lmao:
I don't mind Amber, played twice, won once in an all star season, though Rob helped her immensely.

If that is real though, Rob and Sandra in back to back seasons will make it Rob's 6th (5th won't be a participant apparently.)

Anyone with 3+ seasons go away forever

Rob(4), Sandra(3), Parvati(3), Tyson(3) need to be the first to go.  What a #### show.

I don't mind Amber, played twice, won once in an all star season, though Rob helped her immensely.

If that is real though, Rob and Sandra in back to back seasons will make it Rob's 6th (5th won't be a participant apparently.)

Anyone with 3+ seasons go away forever

Rob(4), Sandra(3), Parvati(3), Tyson(3) need to be the first to go.  What a #### show.
Pretty sure it is real. That guy is almost always right. They only have 14 female winners to choose from.

Mile High said:
Like the Season Amber won and Rob finished second in?
No, like the time Rob won without much resistance.  Now he has Amber on his team to try and get one of them to another winner's circle.  One of them will probably be first to be voted off, though.  Or should be among the first to go.  

Users who are viewing this thread