What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (10 Viewers)

Great episode mostly because 2 of the cast I couldn't stand got voted off in blindside fashion. Sucks that Karishma found an idol but at least she didn't fall for Missy's BS. Not sure WTH Missy was talking about on her exit speech but glad we don't have to hear from her again until the reunion show 

Also great watching Noura cost her team a shot at food by instantly celebrating her immunity win.

Yeah, Noura is oblivious to the world of clues.  She doesn't listen to instructions when they can be of obvious benefit.  All she heard was PB&J sandwiches to the winners group.  Yay, I won!!  huh?  Oh well, I WON!!  

Glad missy is gone.  I believe Jamal somehow slipped her a note before that TC to tell her to give that history lesson on African-American participants.  The scowl on his face the whole time was priceless.  

Someone should do a montage of the lost look face of Elizabeth throughout the season. She's always shocked by what's going on.  

Also love the twist of sending two tribes to TC with no time to get with their alliances (if in the other group) to formulate a vote.  They need to do this more often.  It gives single players on the outs a better chance to make a move. I believe this certainly hurt missy as she seemed fairly secure in the single larger group.  

Aaron may have thought he'd just win all the immunity challenges.  They never showed him out looking for idols.  Of course he may have and they didn't show it, but you can't win them all. 

Both deserved the walk after last week.. Only 1 to go.. And just how stupid is Missy?.. "you were the 3rd one Elaine?"

Well, no bleep, who else would have been the 3rd one, your partner ???  :lol:
How about “I wasn’t coming for you Tommy.” Who did you vote for then?
Lol. Those were comical. Is she really that stupid? 5 votes and everyone knew instantly what happened and she’s trying to say she wasn’t coming after him and she didn’t know who the 3rd vote was?

Almost mystifying when you think that we just watch the 40 minute show and she was living the vote counts for hours before tribal.

Love this new twist, wish they keep it for every season or most of the future seasons... but how about this goes down as they merge???

Missy is so full of herself.. wonder why she didn't mention to Jeff that this must be the first time two African-American people got voted out?

Krishna is useless which brings me to my next point of has a lawyer ever done well on Survivor?  I recall some lawyer made it to the final 3 recently but didn't win.  They just do not know when to shut up.
The voting twist was cool.

I cannot stand Karishma and he lazy ### finding an idol screams producers placing them for certain people. They know she’s going to pickup coconuts and it’s in a ridiculously obvious place on their path. How would so many people miss it but lazy finds it in seconds?

jhib said:
It appears that way sometimes, but I think it's more likely another artifact of the editing.  I'm sure there are plenty of squabbles we don't see, tons of idol-searching that they don't show, and more people at risk to go home than we generally think.  So when someone finds an idol, it's easy for editors to go back and find a way to make that person seem more in danger than they otherwise would.
After last night, there’s no way you can convince me that they aren’t placed for specific people or the hope that those people will find them. Karishma is a lightning rod, so they want to keep her. The idol is literally in the one place she would find and it was on the path (Noura mentioned that) where the coconuts were sitting. That “path” is likely high traffic so no one else saw it? It was sitting in the one place she would bend down and knowing how lazy she is, it’s in the only place she might find one.

You can choose to live in ignorance, that's fine. :thumbup:
Lol. Living in ignorance is believing every bit of the show is completely random and Jeff and the other producers are 100% hands off. They are making a TV show with ratings. Don’t act like there could never be pre-meditated thoughts on where to place an idol. They aren’t handing them out, but if they know someone is going to pick up coconuts along the path, it’s not hard to put one right where they’d look if bending down. They literally showed us how everyone thought she was the laziest person on the planet and you think it’s coincidence that the only searching she did was bending down to pick up a coconut? Talking about living in ignorance. Timing wise it comes right before a tribal (happened to be 2) where she was an obvious target. Wow, what a blindside that would be knowing everyone’s assuming she can’t have an idol without ever looking.

I’m not saying that they sign NDAs and just hand them out but they know the places these folks would go and do go so it’s not difficult to put them in a spot with a high percentage chance it goes to the person they want to have it. I didn’t always think that but I do now that they seem to always be in play. 

I'm not naive enough to think that the producers haven't always taken some liberties with the game for ratings. But its now at the point of absurdity. Don't make a point to have Jeff say "we'll draw randomly for spots" when doing some sort of balance challenge (so that nobody can complain about differences between the mechanisms, or the wind, or whatever) and then expect me to believe that Karishma 100% randomly found that HII.

I'm sure they cover themselves legally with the contestants by inserting some sort of "producers have 100% discretion over game mechanics" language into the agreement that the players sign, but if I'm the person that gets voted out because of that II (which may not happen, as she'll probably get dragged to the end as a GOAT at this point) and it costs me a shot at $1 Mil, I'm pretty ####### pissed when I see how she got it.  (to the point where I'd consider legal action)  Same way I'm LIVID if I'm Jamal and  lose my vote in the stupid way he did last week. 

Its one thing to nudge things in a direction you want (picking a specific challenge for a certain time so that the person you want to keep around has the best chance at immunity) but when you're basically planting an idol in the 1 spot where you know the game's laziest player might see it, that's so messed up.

Been watching the show since day 1, but this really hurts my enjoyment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not naive enough to think that the producers haven't always taken some liberties with the game for ratings. But its now at the point of absurdity. Don't make a point to have Jeff say "we'll draw randomly for spots" when doing some sort of balance challenge (so that nobody can complain about differences between the mechanisms, or the wind, or whatever) and then expect me to believe that Karishma 100% randomly found that HII.

I'm sure they cover themselves legally with the contestants by inserting some sort of "producers have 100% discretion over game mechanics" language into the agreement that the players sign, but if I'm the person that gets voted out because of that II (which may not happen, as she'll probably get dragged to the end as a GOAT at this point) and it costs me a shot at $1 Mil, I'm pretty ####### pissed when I see how she got it.  (to the point where I'd consider legal action)  Same way I'm LIVID if I'm Jamal and  lose my vote in the stupid way he did last week. 

Its one thing to nudge things in a direction you want (picking a specific challenge for a certain time so that the person you want to keep around has the best chance at immunity) but when you're basically planting an idol in the 1 spot where you know the game's laziest player might see it, that's so messed up.

Been watching the show since day 1, but this really hurts my enjoyment.
Just like when they hid an idol in the place where Ben hung out every morning when he needed it the most. Survivor is edited I'm sure they do multiply things to help favorites along.  Watch some live feeds of BB sometime.

The best part is Krishma wasn't even looking for an idol and yet one fell into her lap anyway. This is Big Brother level of tampering.
Is it possible she found an idol meant for someone else.  I understand the suspicion, but I don't understand why they would want her to find an idol.  First of all, she's final 3 for sure.  She sucks at everything, and everyone hates her.  Why would anyone vote her out?  Also, I can't imagine she's a ratings bonanza.  I can't find a reason producers would want her to find an idol.

Is it possible she found an idol meant for someone else.  I understand the suspicion, but I don't understand why they would want her to find an idol.  First of all, she's final 3 for sure.  She sucks at everything, and everyone hates her.  Why would anyone vote her out?  Also, I can't imagine she's a ratings bonanza.  I can't find a reason producers would want her to find an idol.
You saw how she was #1 on everyone's list to go right? Janet was #2. Noura even had a full explanation why they wanted her gone. It was all in last night's episode.

I understand the suspicion, but I don't understand why they would want her to find an idol.  First of all, she's final 3 for sure.  She sucks at everything, and everyone hates her.  Why would anyone vote her out?  Also, I can't imagine she's a ratings bonanza.  I can't find a reason producers would want her to find an idol.
They wanted her to find an idol to help in getting hid of 4 people they don't want to win. 

You saw how she was #1 on everyone's list to go right? Janet was #2. Noura even had a full explanation why they wanted her gone. It was all in last night's episode.
They’ll talk about it every week, and they’ll always find a reason to keep her. Hope I’m wrong.

Lol. Living in ignorance is believing every bit of the show is completely random and Jeff and the other producers are 100% hands off. They are making a TV show with ratings. Don’t act like there could never be pre-meditated thoughts on where to place an idol. They aren’t handing them out, but if they know someone is going to pick up coconuts along the path, it’s not hard to put one right where they’d look if bending down. They literally showed us how everyone thought she was the laziest person on the planet and you think it’s coincidence that the only searching she did was bending down to pick up a coconut? Talking about living in ignorance. Timing wise it comes right before a tribal (happened to be 2) where she was an obvious target. Wow, what a blindside that would be knowing everyone’s assuming she can’t have an idol without ever looking.

I’m not saying that they sign NDAs and just hand them out but they know the places these folks would go and do go so it’s not difficult to put them in a spot with a high percentage chance it goes to the person they want to have it. I didn’t always think that but I do now that they seem to always be in play. 
Do you think they heard them telling her to go get Coconut's on the trail and quickly ran in front of her to place it??? Or maybe they hid it, then told others Krisma   is so lazy, you should send her down the path.. Or maybe, as she was  walking the path, they sent a messenger pigeon towards her on the location of the idol :confused:

And yet, with no one knowing she had an idol, she didn't receive one vote.. Producers must have put the bug in their ear to go after Missy.. 

I think some need to walk away before you start believing other conspiracy theory like.. The NFL is fixed, it's the only reason the Patriots keep winning... Or maybe you already do :oldunsure:  

They’ll talk about it every week, and they’ll always find a reason to keep her. Hope I’m wrong.
:goodposting: I mentioned this weeks ago.. She is this seasons drag to the final 3.. As you mentioned, someone will continue to say "she is so lazy we need to get rid of her". And then come vote time they'll vote someone else out as they know she isn't a threat to win anything. 

Do you think they heard them telling her to go get Coconut's on the trail and quickly ran in front of her to place it??? Or maybe they hid it, then told others Krisma   is so lazy, you should send her down the path.. Or maybe, as she was  walking the path, they sent a messenger pigeon towards her on the location of the idol :confused:
It took her an hour to collect coconuts and accidentally find the idol, so honestly there was enough time.

We aren’t saying they are telling people where to look but honestly you are being really naive if you don’t think they consciously put idols in specific places. As mentioned above, the season that PTSD marine (Ben) won they created a new twist to keep him in the final 3.

The show folks are all on headsets, they can communicate anything and there’s no regulations on when an where idols get placed. Don’t kid yourself into thinking there isn’t a gray area that Burnett et al don’t take advantage of when they want. 

And yet, with no one knowing she had an idol, she didn't receive one vote.. Producers must have put the bug in their ear to go after Missy.. 

I think some need to walk away before you start believing other conspiracy theory like.. The NFL is fixed, it's the only reason the Patriots keep winning... Or maybe you already do :oldunsure:  
Lol at comparing rigging the NFL to rigging an edited reality TV show. While I do think that it’s pretty easy for refs to have way too much of an impact (like gifting GB a win over Detroit), comparing the two things is laughable. 

It took her an hour to collect coconuts and accidentally find the idol, so honestly there was enough time.

We aren’t saying they are telling people where to look but honestly you are being really naive if you don’t think they consciously put idols in specific places. As mentioned above, the season that PTSD marine (Ben) won they created a new twist to keep him in the final 3.

The show folks are all on headsets, they can communicate anything and there’s no regulations on when an where idols get placed. Don’t kid yourself into thinking there isn’t a gray area that Burnett et al don’t take advantage of when they want. 
that idol could have been placed there a week ago for all we know.. as we've seen people always go quite a ways from camp searching, most would never think of searching right next to the path they all walk everyday.

And again, no one has mentioned why the heck the producers would risk fixing the game for someone that is obviously being dragged along due to not being a threat. :shrug:

Lol at comparing rigging the NFL to rigging an edited reality TV show. While I do think that it’s pretty easy for refs to have way too much of an impact (like gifting GB a win over Detroit), comparing the two things is laughable. 
I wasn't comparing them  as much as I was joking that once you start believing one conspiracy theory, the :tinfoilhat: starts to fit a little to comfortable and you start down a path you might not return from. ;)

To help in getting rid of Missy, Aaron, Elizabeth or Dan?
IMO,  If they really wanted to fix it, they'd want to do everything in their power to get her voted out to stop this drag along player that happens every season now. :shrug:

that idol could have been placed there a week ago for all we know.. as we've seen people always go quite a ways from camp searching, most would never think of searching right next to the path they all walk everyday.

And again, no one has mentioned why the heck the producers would risk fixing the game for someone that is obviously being dragged along due to not being a threat. :shrug:
She’s been talked about being voted out a bunch. As mentioned earlier Noura had her on the chopping block before the immunity challenge. Now I would believe the random picking of groups so if Karishma was on the other team instead of being the swing vote, she might have been in trouble. She found the idol before the immunity challenge and at that point Missy and Tommy weren’t discussed as going home, only her. Even Janet wasn’t really discussed until the immunity challenge.

IMO,  If they really wanted to fix it, they'd want to do everything in their power to get her voted oyt to stop this drag along player that happens every season now. :shrug:
Imo  at the time they cared more about making sure one of those 4 I mentioned wasn't the winner of season 39

I wasn't comparing them  as much as I was joking that once you start believing one conspiracy theory, the :tinfoilhat: starts to fit a little to comfortable and you start down a path you might not return from. ;)
Gotcha, but I think it might be more “conspiracy” to think that Survivor would never have producers trying to keep fan favorites or disruptive people in play to keep ratings up. 

True. There are these weird cycles for underdogs: s/he's good as gone - someone else makes themselves a bigger target - back to being bottom of totem pole - safe due to merge/swap/med-evac - becomes swing vote - becomes goat for someone else. I guess she's too obvious a choice.

Raging weasel said:
Great episode mostly because 2 of the cast I couldn't stand got voted off in blindside fashion. Sucks that Karishma found an idol but at least she didn't fall for Missy's BS. Not sure WTH Missy was talking about on her exit speech but glad we don't have to hear from her again until the reunion show 

Also great watching Noura cost her team a shot at food by instantly celebrating her immunity win.
What do you mean by her not falling for Missy’s bs?  Missy didn’t bs her ... she voted tommy like she said she was going to do.

stbugs said:

Did you skip the part where she was asked to go look?  Did you skip the part where folks said she was gone for over an hour?

What do you mean by her not falling for Missy’s bs?  Missy didn’t bs her ... she voted tommy like she said she was going to do.
Basically that Missy was acting extra nice because she wanted Tommy gone. The whole " I'm not a bully, I'd really like to know you better,let's be friends" BS.

For a trial lawyer, Karishna seems awful emotional and defensive when confronted.  Could be her strategy in court.  "Your honor, I'm not comfortable with this witness and I'm being bullied by juror #6."  
I can’t even imagine her functioning in normal life. Seems like she does nothing and knows how to do less. Her social skills are abysmal but she sure does know how to blame everyone else and not be self aware, so there’s that. 

Basically that Missy was acting extra nice because she wanted Tommy gone. The whole " I'm not a bully, I'd really like to know you better,let's be friends" BS.
Did you miss the part where she told karisma that she was going to act that way at tribal on purpose?

Did you miss the part where she told karisma that she was going to act that way at tribal on purpose?
No but in my opinion I don't think Missy is the misunderstood nice girl who really does want to be her friend. Her words and actions during the whole Dan episode just made me think she is not a good person. Karishma probably realized this as well and decided to vote her off and work with the other group instead.

For a trial lawyer, Karishna seems awful emotional and defensive when confronted.  Could be her strategy in court.  "Your honor, I'm not comfortable with this witness and I'm being bullied by juror #6."  
I can't believe she is a trial lawyer period. She doesn't seem to have the communication skills or confidence :shrug:  I wonder if she's actually good at it??

Oh Christ. The woke season continues.

Now 2 black people winning immunity at the same time is cause for a big speech?
My first thought was how often do two people have immunity anyway?

My second thought was that Jeff should have replied "It didn't occur to me because I'm not preoccupied with your race and think of you as I do every other contestant - black, white, red, green or purple."   However, I knew he would be more gracious.

Just watched.  I've liked this season for what its worth.  I was worried the Boston Rob and Queen angle would be over played, but they didn't go to the well too often.

It would not surprise me if Karishna was planning on voting out Tommy, and even though Missy told her she was going to say mean things, it changed her mind.  Missy was over the top with her comments on Karishna, I don't even understand why she was trying to sell it.  She thought she had Elizabeth and Karishna, she didn't need any other votes.  She thought Elaine was voting for Karishna.  I think she cut her own throat.

Karishna definitely one of the most annoying players in Survivor history.

Missy throwing out a race card out of nowhere was very awkward...calling out Jeff for not "celebrating and acknowledging two black people winning immunity at the same time"....seriously...?....you are going to call him out for not thinking about race?......as mentioned very rarely on this show have two people had an immunity necklace to begin with....I don't get the agenda of why it is bad he didn't "think" to celebrate two black people having them.....

Missy throwing out a race card out of nowhere was very awkward...calling out Jeff for not "celebrating and acknowledging two black people winning immunity at the same time"....seriously...?....you are going to call him out for not thinking about race?......as mentioned very rarely on this show have two people had an immunity necklace to begin with....I don't get the agenda of why it is bad he didn't "think" to celebrate two black people having them.....
Yeah, she could have pointed out that it happened without making it out to be Jeff's oversight.

This is the point where Survivor ceases to be a reality show and becomes a semi scripted show for me.

I don't think the producers are telling the contestants what to specifically say but I have a strong belief the producers know what type of season and topics they want to edit (so that they can stay relevant to current events) and have encouraged all the players to speak their mind strongly about what ever social topic they may be thinking about.

Before the episode came on, I pondered out loud to my wife, "I wonder what the woke moment of the night will be".

I don't watch Survivor for lessons in how to act in society.

Users who are viewing this thread