Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Borden

Chris Carson - RB - Seahawks

Chris Carson rushed 16 times for 55 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 12 win over the Panthers.

Carson opened Seattle’s second drive with a 16-yard run, but he was mostly bottled up early in this one. He also fumbled in the second quarter, but the ball ended up going out of bounds. It was a great break for Carson. Following that fumble, Russell Wilson marched the offense right down the field, and Carson capped the long drive with a one-yard score. He opened the second half with a 15-yard run in which he went flipping through the air after trying to hurdle the tackler, eventually landing on his feet and gaining a couple more yards, and opened the next drive with a 12-yard run. He was mostly bottled up from there, but Carson once again dominated the backfield work. The workhorse on a run-first offense, Carson will be a solid RB2 next week against the 49ers.

Not a bad game vs. a tough Carolina run D, TD saved his output. As usual zero receptions. 😐

Edited by The Frankman

Chris Carson rushed 22 times for 90 yards and one touchdown in the Seahawks' 21-7, Week 14 win over the Vikings on Monday night.

Carson was probably the best offensive player on the field in this one, which was a massive struggle for both teams with the ball in their hands. Russell Wilson threw for just 72 yards and had a mind-numbing interception near the goal line with six seconds left in the first half. This game sat at 6-0 deep into the fourth quarter when Carson bagged the game's first touchdown with 2:53 to go, plunging in from one yard out. He was picking up chunk gains all night and remains locked into lead-back duties for the NFL's run-heaviest team. Carson will again be an RB2 next week at the 49ers. He had 108 total yards against San Fran in Week 13.

Dec 10 - 11:14 PM

Putting him in over Ingram this week. I survived but idk if I can trust Payton another week when Zack Line is getting a goal line carries.  That said Ingram will probably blow up this week now.

Carson is too dependent on TDs.

I feel like Seattle is situational on who gets the goal line carries.

Edited by fantasycurse42

6 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I dunno, the lead back on the most run heavy team in the league.   He’s averaging 17 carries a week since missing week 10 due to injury and looks to me to be the preferred goal line option.  Penny is the backup.  Davis the 2 minute drill back 

7 hours ago, Skeletore Eh said:

I dunno, the lead back on the most run heavy team in the league.   He’s averaging 17 carries a week since missing week 10 due to injury and looks to me to be the preferred goal line option.  Penny is the backup.  Davis the 2 minute drill back 

Yeah...average for the last four weeks:

Consistent usage? Check. Carson (17 rushes, 1.5 targets) vs. Davis (3.75 rushes, 1 target) vs. Penny (6.75 rushes, 0 targets)

Highest snap %? Check. Carson (51%) vs. Davis (26%) vs. Penny (20%)

Highest Red Zone Carries? Check. Carson (14) vs. Davis (6) vs. Penny (3)

Basically, high floor RB2 with consistent usage and production in my opinion.

I'm probably rolling with him over Ware and Ekeler in my flex this week (standard league), primarily because of the injury worries and Carson has a good matchup against SF.  

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Skeletore Eh said:

the lead back on the most run heavy team in the league.   He’s averaging 17 carries a week since missing week 10 due to injury and looks to me to be the preferred goal line option.  

Like others have said, he has an excellent floor.

On 12/11/2018 at 8:20 AM, fantasycurse42 said:

Looks like he will be on the sidelines when they come back from break :kicksrock:

19 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Looks like he will be on the sidelines when they come back from break :kicksrock:

Alright well that seals my series of bad calls on the semi finals week. Sheesh

Edited by Insein

2 hours ago, Insein said:

Alright well that seals my series of bad calls on the semi finals week. Sheesh

Knew he'd pan out. Keeping me alive.

• Like 1

Outscored Big Ben & JuJu, love this man!!

Edited by fantasycurse42

Chris Carson rushed 22 times for 119 yards and one touchdown and caught 6-of-6 targets for 29 yards in the Seahawks' Week 15 overtime loss to the 49ers.

Carson was featured as a runner once again, but he also set career highs in targets and receptions with the Seahawks trailing at half. Entering the game, Carson only had 13 receptions across 11 games, so this will likely end up being an outlier performance, but it is notable that the Seahawks could be in similar game script as they were this week with the high-flying Chiefs coming to town. With Carson gobbling up 15-20 carries per week, he will an upside RB2 in Week 16.

This guy keep getting lots of carries and bull-rushing people. I said earlier in the year I'm surprised he doesn't get receptions because he's a decent pass-catcher. These kind of games zoom his stock from upside RB2 right into the stratos of legit RB1.

A little concerned about Carson this week.

- Does Penny come back and make this a 3 man rotation again?

- Does the flow of the game keep him sidelined? Current over/under is about 54 with the Chiefs -2.5. I understand they want to run against that bad run defense and play ball control, but if they fall behind, Carson could be a huge bust.

2 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

A little concerned about Carson this week.

- Does Penny come back and make this a 3 man rotation again?

- Does the flow of the game keep him sidelined? Current over/under is about 54 with the Chiefs -2.5. I understand they want to run against that bad run defense and play ball control, but if they fall behind, Carson could be a huge bust.

Not concerned about either issue.

Even when Penny was playing, Carson was rolling. I don't think a gimpy Penny is going to steal too many carries considering how dominant Carson has been, especially around the goal line. And we won't know until Wednesday but I have a feeling Penny isn't going to play anyway.

Regarding the second point, KC is 26th against the run and has given up 160 per game in their last three. Not to mention they haven't been lighting up the scoreboard the same way since they lost Watkins and Hunt. The Chiefs will be playing this game in the toughest stadium against the team most committed to running (with the exception of Baltimore now that Jackson is the guy). I have a hard time seeing the Chiefs building a big lead - they may not get the lead at all. 

Edited by Apple Juice
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Not concerned about either issue.

Even when Penny was playing, Carson was rolling. I don't think a gimpy Penny is going to steal too many carries considering how dominant Carson has been, especially around the goal line. And we won't know until Wednesday but I have a feeling Penny isn't going to play anyway.

Regarding the second point, KC is 26th against the run and has given up 160 per game in their last three. Not to mention they haven't been lighting up the scoreboard the same way since they lost Watkins and Hunt. The Chiefs will be playing this game in the toughest stadium against the team most committed to running (with the exception of Baltimore now that Jackson is the guy). I have a hard time seeing the Chiefs building a big lead - they may not get the lead at all. 

Starting Carson 

I am too.

Edited by fantasycurse42

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I was with you until the bold. Every single time someone has written this, it has backfired. Please edit and remove *with confidence (to appease the fantasy overlords).

Fair. Acknowledging jinxes typically neutralizes them so Carson should be alright...

Mahomes has passed far harder tests than Seattle. Baltimore, Denver (when they had Chris Harris Jr.), Chargers 1st game, you name it. I hope Seattle can score TDs to keep the game close because I need Carson's 75-95 yards and a TD plz.

3 minutes ago, Fear The Turtle said:

I am not seeing the usage for Carson today that would justify the very high rankings I'm seeing for him everywhere. I'm actually contemplating using J. Richard instead. Am I off base here? Or Hyde?

Completely agree in a meaningless game. Adams is in for me

• Like 1

Chris Carson - RB -  Seahawks

Chris Carson rushed 13 times for 20 yards in Seattle's Wild Card loss to the Cowboys.

Carson's sophomore campaign needs to be remembered for its breakout rather than it's final outing. Initially thought to be a castoff following the selection of rookie Rashaad Penny in the first round, Carson out-performed Penny, Mike Davis, and even C.J. Prosise in the preseason in order to move up the depth chart and notch the first 1,000-yard season (including nine touchdowns) in his young career. Carson was Seattle's workhorse when healthy, even doubling-up Davis in carries (247 to 1112). Given coach Pete Carroll's and OC Brian Schottenheimer's stubborn approach in running the ball incessantly, Carson likely won't come with a discount as a guaranteed 20-touch back in 2019. He'll still be a confident mid-round selection.

Jan 6 - 1:06 AM

5 hours ago, Kiddnets said:

Tough way to end the year - If Penny is healthy the days of Carson dominating touches are over IMO

Disagree.

Guy ran with force all season. He is the pound it down your throat guy this offense thrives on. 

He had absolutely nowhere to go yesterday, guy was running into walls all day, Gurley couldn’t have done anything with what he had to work with.

Edited by fantasycurse42

7 hours ago, Kiddnets said:

Tough way to end the year - If Penny is healthy the days of Carson dominating touches are over IMO

Predictable play calling leads to running back struggling in game against good rush defense. Your conclusion: Carson is bad.

12 hours ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Predictable play calling leads to running back struggling in game against good rush defense. Your conclusion: Carson is bad.

nothing to do with yesterday - I dont think Carson is bad at all - you are correct on just a bad game....Im looking more long term outlook.....they sunk a 1st rd pick on this kid and he showed flashes....wasnt his year as he was banged up and took a while to find his groove...my point was I think this is a RBBC next yr with both rotating touches rather than Carson 20 - carries with 3-5 for Penny...

Guy was 5th in the NFL in rushing. Can someone tell me what his YAC was? I suspect top 5 amongst RBs. 

I agree Penny will be in the mix, but this guy can play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Guy was 5th in the NFL in rushing. Can someone tell me what his YAC was? I suspect top 5 amongst RBs. 

I agree Penny will be in the mix, but this guy can play. 

Yea I think I am going to try and buy him this offseason when the inevitable Penny offseason hype starts taking off. 

Curious why people think Penny will take over. It was pretty clear that Carson was the better player all year and not sure it was all that close.  Carson does come with the injury risk so Penny will get his shot at some point.  Fyi I own neither guy.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:30 PM, Kiddnets said:

I am a huge Penny fanboy and heavily invested, and not even I can figure out a way to justify this statement.  What leads you to this?

Carson is the real deal and fits in with what the seahawks want to do.  I dont see him going away or becoming the lesser part of this backfield.  

29 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Carson is the real deal and fits in with what the seahawks want to do.  I dont see him going away or becoming the lesser part of this backfield.  

Agree. Penny will break out in his senior season, like he did in college. Carson should be elsewhere then.

His one yard TD against the 49ers on 4th and goal might’ve been the greatest 1 yard TD run I’ve ever seen.

He’s a beast. I have nothing invested here, but he ran with a purpose this year, don’t see why he takes a backseat to anyone. Maybe Penny gets more involved, but Carson isn’t going to be relegated to irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

I am a huge Penny fanboy and heavily invested, and not even I can figure out a way to justify this statement.  What leads you to this?

I never said Carson would be irrelevant or worthless...I said the days of him dominating touches such as 25 -5 over Penny are over IMO....they did not invest a 1st rd pick on this kid to give him 5 carries per game...I see more of a RBBC split next year.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kiddnets said:

I never said Carson would be irrelevant or worthless...I said the days of him dominating touches such as 25 -5 over Penny are over IMO....they did not invest a 1st rd pick on this kid to give him 5 carries per game...I see more of a RBBC split next year.  

People say this every year with Carroll run teams. Trust me, he doesn't care where they are drafted. I've seen this argument since we "paid" Flynn and there was no way a 3rd round rookie was going to beat him out.  Yeah, they started Wilson.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiddnets said:

That argument carries very little weight and especially so with Seattle. They made a mistake in the draft, why make it worse?

18 hours ago, Kiddnets said:

Very reasonable to project a RBBC. They compliment each other well.