What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good trade for 2017 1.04 Rookie Pick? (1 Viewer)

northern exposure

Footballguy
12 team non-ppr Zealots Dynasty league.

Starting requirements are: 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-5 WR and 1-4 TE. Total # of RB/WR/TE starters is 7.

Trade offer is: 

Get: 2017 1.04 rookie pick, 2018 5th round pick (projected 4-8 range)

Give: Doug Baldwin, AdamThielen and 2018 2nd round pick (projected 4-8 range)

I also have the 1.03 rookie pick

Notables on roster:

QB- Matt Ryan, Tannehill

RB- McKinnon, AP, Perkins, Lacy

WR- KAllen,GTate, Perriman, Cobb,K Benjamin,Treadwell, Maclin and M Jones

TE- Kelce, Henry, CJ Fied

Take the deal as is or counter? I have tried to trade Baldwin before and there isn't a lot of love for Angry Doug out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you could do better.  For me, I don't see a huge difference between Baldwin and 1.04.  I'm sure most would prefer 1.04 but I think it's safe to slot Baldwin's value in the mid first round.  For the sake of this let's even push Baldwin down to equal to 1.10.

You get: 2071.04, 2018 5.06

You give: 2017 1.10, 2018 2.06 and Adam Thielen

I get the desire to move up and get a better prospect for this team because it looks like it needs a little work to be competitive but I just feel the cost is a bit much.  In the least, I might try to swap out that 2018 2nd round pick and put in AP instead.  That 2nd round pick is valuable in rebuilding and by doing this you can use a deal to force getting some value out of an older AP who probably has a very short shelf life.  The other owner still gets Baldwin and Thielen and AP for the 1.04.  I personally think Thielen and AP should be enough to cover the gap between 1.04 and Doug Baldwin.

My point being I would try to get something a little better because I don't think I would feel bad if I lost out on the original offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Warhogs... I have Baldwin at the 1.07 range.  to give up Thielen and the three round drop in 2018... Nope.  Keep Baldwin.

It's spelled Thielen and I don't know how you can call a 26 year old WR coming off a 69-967-5 season and just signed a new 3 year contract that could be $9 million per year worthless but then again you may not know much about him if you don't know the proper spelling of his name. The guy is a really solid WR and his role on the team has been growing.  

The deal isn't severely off so while I think it's not maximizing the value on Baldwin I can see going either way.  My concern is that it feels like giving away a 2018 2nd round pick so who is the OP hoping to get at 1.04? The team's biggest need is RB but the top 2 could be going at 1 & 2.  At 3 & 4 the OP will be able to certainly get one of Fournette, Cook or McCaffrey but if they go top 3 then what?  I haven't bought into any of the top WR in this draft but the OP could be trading away Baldwin, Thielen and a 2nd in 2018 for their pick of the WR in this class. That sounds fairly steep to me. I would rather keep Baldwin and take whatever RB drops to me at 1.03.

id be tempted here to take this

I see the argument for both sides, but this team doesnt necessarily look like its competing this year. I think I would be tempted to gamble on a potential stud at the 3 and 4.

The idea of for sure getting 2 of davis, williams, cook, fournette, CM is pretty enticing

It's spelled Thielen and I don't know how you can call a 26 year old WR coming off a 69-967-5 season and just signed a new 3 year contract that could be $9 million per year worthless but then again you may not know much about him if you don't know the proper spelling of his name. The guy is a really solid WR and his role on the team has been growing.  

The deal isn't severely off so while I think it's not maximizing the value on Baldwin I can see going either way.  My concern is that it feels like giving away a 2018 2nd round pick so who is the OP hoping to get at 1.04? The team's biggest need is RB but the top 2 could be going at 1 & 2.  At 3 & 4 the OP will be able to certainly get one of Fournette, Cook or McCaffrey but if they go top 3 then what?  I haven't bought into any of the top WR in this draft but the OP could be trading away Baldwin, Thielen and a 2nd in 2018 for their pick of the WR in this class. That sounds fairly steep to me. I would rather keep Baldwin and take whatever RB drops to me at 1.03.
I prefer the 1.04 to Baldwin.  While Baldwin is good, he will be 29 and I'm looking for the chance to take an elite guy at 1.4

Thielen had a good season.  Is it the start of something big or is he a mid-tier guy that is somewhat replaceable?   Guys do emerge and disappear on a regular basis.

As in most deals, give me the best player.  I think it is the 1.04 in this case.

Baldwin and a second rounder is steep for the 1.04, maybe negotiate some other considerations with Baldwin for the 1.04?

Users who are viewing this thread