What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MixTape Draft - Back to School edition. Make your picks and post your mix! (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
LINKS TO FINAL MIXES:

KP'S MIX OF THE ELEMENTS

NV'S MIX OF CANADIAN GEOGRAPHY

SIMEY'S THEOLOGY MIX

ROCKACTION

DOPE

ILOV80S' H.S. CURRICULUM MIX

sn0mm1s

Raging Weasel

dal_phan_boys

-Oz-

Put them in the Iron Maiden!

Waingro's Driver's Ed

Prof. Marco's Ed You Kay Shun

Here are the rules of the draft...

1. It will be a free for all, just stick to the idea of school/classes, (hell, I guess partying and playing videos games too).  So you can:

- make a mix with songs make a general reference to school, teachers, classes, etc..

- make a mix that "teaches" a single class/subject - ie all songs about Astronomy

- make a mix that has a song or two from a bunch of different subjects/classes

- make a mix of all school fight songs or songs from Homecoming dances

- make a mix of a combo of the above. 

2.  We are focusing on song titles/lyrics, not artists.  ie you can't use a Beatles song for your Zoology class (unless it's a song about an animal)

3.  I am not going to strictly enforce it, but I think we should try to keep these at 90mins or less.  These mixtape drafts started with the idea of putting them on different lengths of real cassette tapes, but we have gotten away from that a bit. 

4.  I was thinking 20 songs like this last draft

5.  It doesn't matter what you use for the school reference - word in the title, lyrics, both. 

Last edited by a moderator:
DRAFT ORDER:

1.  Yo Mama

2.  KarmaPolice

3.  Raging Weasel

4.  Mrs. Rannous

5.  Dr. Octopus

6.  The Dreaded Marco

7.  Mr. Ected

8.  AcerFC

9.  dal_phan_boys

10.  Waingro

11.  sn0mm1s

12  PIK95

13.  -Oz-

14.  Northern Voice

15.  Ilov80s

16.  simey

17.  JZilla

LINK to Spreadsheet

OK, looked at some of my music. I should be able to do this. Count me in.

In looking at some of my songs, I see some that should fit, just not sure what subject to put them into.

I also may need to do multiple songs per artist on this one...NBD.

Sorry but I'm out on this one.  We're going to a four day rockabilly festival in Las Vegas two weeks from today so most of my listening time is going to be tied up with genre stuff.  I'll bop in and out of the thread and will definitely be in on future :nerd: drafts.

If the start date gets pushed a few days I can participate, otherwise I'll have to bow out too.  I've only gotten through 5 or 6 of the mixes from the draft we just completed and would like to finish them all.  Also I'll be travelling for the next 10 days and following/posting/linking from a smart phone is a PITA.

If everyone else is good to go, I'll just follow along intermittently from the peanut gallery. Definitely @me with the next one, though.  Thanks!

If the start date gets pushed a few days I can participate, otherwise I'll have to bow out too.  I've only gotten through 5 or 6 of the mixes from the draft we just completed and would like to finish them all.  Also I'll be travelling for the next 10 days and following/posting/linking from a smart phone is a PITA.

If everyone else is good to go, I'll just follow along intermittently from the peanut gallery. Definitely @me with the next one, though.  Thanks!
These usually are slow at the beginning, we can hold a spot for you!

I'm going to sit this one out due to not being around. I'm going to be out of town April 7-10th, and then I'll be at the Merlefest April 27-30th.

I'm with Floppo. Likely, but not a certainty. I'm trying to come up with songs and they seem redundant at this point. It usually takes me a good six months or so on a roll to either a) remember stuff from years ago or b) find new stuff. 

Anyway, hope it goes well even if I decide to sit it out.  

Hmmm.  Let's see how much more interest we have in the next day or two.  Usually for a decent draft we need 14-16 drafters.  

If it's a matter of delaying a bit so we can accommodate peeps like simey, eephus, and rock more that is an option too.  

Looks like we have about 7 with 2-3 maybes? 

I'll be in.  No Disney trip for us this year. :-(

Sure, what the heck.  

Would prefer a little delay (at least a week) to get back on solid ground after the last one.  But no biggie if we can't, I'll just use the lone idea I have in mind.

Do we need to declare what class/theme we are doing here?

Sure, what the heck.  

Would prefer a little delay (at least a week) to get back on solid ground after the last one.  But no biggie if we can't, I'll just use the lone idea I have in mind.

Do we need to declare what class/theme we are doing here?
Nah, I think a lot of the fun is figuring out what people are doing.  Hopefully we don't get to Round 3 and realize 10 people are doing the same thing though. 

I narrowed it down to 2 ideas that basically could used the same songs for about 8 rounds or so.  I figured that way I could do either depending if I thought people were drafting similar things. 

I have to pass on this one, unfortunately.  Just opened up a new office and I'm busy as hell.  I'll catch the next one.

KarmaPolice said:
Hmmm.  Let's see how much more interest we have in the next day or two.  Usually for a decent draft we need 14-16 drafters.  

If it's a matter of delaying a bit so we can accommodate peeps like simey, eephus, and rock more that is an option too.  

Looks like we have about 7 with 2-3 maybes? 
I would fully endorse this suggestion but will try to make it work if things start earlier. 

I wouldn't mind a delay if it means others will be able to participate. Plus, I still have a number of mix tapes to listen to.

Either way, I am down for whatever. 

Yeah I'm in, can start now or later, still working on listening to the last draft's lists.  Work's been punishing me for daring to go have fun last week

Looks like we have 15 in and Floppo and rockaction as ??s  Still a few people that we haven't heard from, but that's enough to have a decent draft, and we usually get stragglers. 

It does look like there are a handful of people that would like it pushed back a little bit, so how about we delay it for 1 week and start on the 10th?  I am not sure if that would change things for @simey, as last draft was about 2weeks long and that would fit in between her dates she listed. 

Users who are viewing this thread