What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

squistion said:
Only comical because it made no sense. There had been no connection suggested between the Tweet and the award, the two were unrelated and had nothing to do with each other. And there was no attempt made to excuse the Tweet, which he apologized for.
Kevin Spacey apologized. 

So making a tone deaf insensitive tweet is just the same as sexual assault? Okie Dokie.
If someone you didn't like made that tweet you would have called them racist and told us how many African Americans were affected in Houston and dismissed the apology.  Must be embarrassing that your social hero is pretty much a hypocritical fraud.  Enjoy your weekend.

squistion said:
 It was a lame attempt at humor, which no one found funny and he later apologized for it (which somehow you forgot to mention).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-colin-kaepernick-flood-houston-20150527-story.html

"I'm so sorry about my insensitive post earlier today. I didn't fully understand how many people are struggling in Houston right now and I feel horrible. My prayers are with everyone there."
How many ####### things has this guy done, but then apologized for?

Colin Kaepernick causes fight
:mellow:

This was as a result of a late hit in a 2013 game on Kaep by Matthews that his 49ers teammates reacted to.

How did he cause this fight?

Why did you post something so ancient that was completely misleading (that he caused the fight) unless your purpose was to troll this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
:mellow:

This was as a result of a late hit in a 2013 game on Kaep by Matthews that his 49ers teammates reacted to.

How did he cause this fight?

Why did you post something so ancient that was completely misleading (that he caused the fight) unless your purpose was to troll this thread?
He squeaked out of bounds 1 yard short. Thats why his teammates were really mad i bet. Hence the fight.

He squeaked out of bounds 1 yard short. Thats why his teammates were really mad i bet. Hence the fight.
Yes, it appears the 49ers were so furious with Kaep that they went after Matthews instead of their own teammate :D

which might have something to do with the fact he had told ESPN before the game he would target Kaep to give him as many hits as possible: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1766330-clay-matthews-hit-on-colin-kaepernick-leads-to-packers-49ers-fight

The 49ers had a third-down play deep in Green Bay territory in the second quarter, and Kaepernick scrambled to his left in an effort to get the first down. While he went out of bounds short of the marker, Clay Matthews didn't let up on the play.

After Kaepernick stepped out of bounds, the Packers linebacker brought him down to the ground hard:

This led to a fight between the two sides as several 49ers players came in to protect their quarterback:

San Francisco offensive lineman Joe Staley was the first to grab Matthews and in turn received a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This offset the 15-yard penalty by Green Bay for a late hit.

The teams then replayed the down, which resulted in a 10-yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin.

Former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira believes the refs blew the call:

One concerning part of the play was the fact Matthews appears to have planned this coming into the game. According to Vinnie Iyer of Sporting News, the veteran player told ESPN's Mike and Mike that his team will try to put as many hits on Kaepernick as possible.

This led to some concern from San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh, who was afraid that the Packers were going to target his quarterback, as relayed by ESPN: [...]

UPDATE: Friday, Sept. 13, at 2:45 p.m. ET

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports that Matthews has been fined for the hit:

---End of update---

Yes, it appears the 49ers were so furious with Kaep that they went after Matthews instead of their own teammate :D

which might have something to do with the fact he had told ESPN before the game he would target Kaep to give him as many hits as possible: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1766330-clay-matthews-hit-on-colin-kaepernick-leads-to-packers-49ers-fight

The 49ers had a third-down play deep in Green Bay territory in the second quarter, and Kaepernick scrambled to his left in an effort to get the first down. While he went out of bounds short of the marker, Clay Matthews didn't let up on the play.

After Kaepernick stepped out of bounds, the Packers linebacker brought him down to the ground hard:

This led to a fight between the two sides as several 49ers players came in to protect their quarterback:

San Francisco offensive lineman Joe Staley was the first to grab Matthews and in turn received a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This offset the 15-yard penalty by Green Bay for a late hit.

The teams then replayed the down, which resulted in a 10-yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin.

Former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira believes the refs blew the call:

One concerning part of the play was the fact Matthews appears to have planned this coming into the game. According to Vinnie Iyer of Sporting News, the veteran player told ESPN's Mike and Mike that his team will try to put as many hits on Kaepernick as possible.

This led to some concern from San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh, who was afraid that the Packers were going to target his quarterback, as relayed by ESPN: [...]

UPDATE: Friday, Sept. 13, at 2:45 p.m. ET

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports that Matthews has been fined for the hit:

---End of update---
Hitting the QB as many times as possible is a pretty solid plan for just about any NFL defense.

Says the woman who blasted Kaepernick for doing literally all of that. Think she will issue an apology to Kaep? :D

Tomi Lahren‏ @TomiLahren 14h14 hours ago

In this life you will be punished for having an opinion, you will be scrutinized for having a voice, you will be attacked for standing for your beliefs. Speak anyway. Stand anyway. The ones who matter will have your back even if they disagree with you.

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/967968762191204353

During the Olympics, NBC aired a documentary about Tommie Smith and John Carlos and the famous fist raise at the 1968 Olympics.  One of the leaders of the Olympic Project For Human Rights and noted Sociologist Harry Edwards has said the following,

"We were not Antichrists. We were just human beings who saw a need to bring attention to the inequality in our country. I don't like the idea of people looking at it as negative. There was nothing but a raised fist in the air and a bowed head, acknowledging the American flag – not symbolizing a hatred for it."

During the Olympics, NBC aired a documentary about Tommie Smith and John Carlos and the famous fist raise at the 1968 Olympics.  One of the leaders of the Olympic Project For Human Rights and noted Sociologist Harry Edwards has said the following,

"We were not Antichrists. We were just human beings who saw a need to bring attention to the inequality in our country. I don't like the idea of people looking at it as negative. There was nothing but a raised fist in the air and a bowed head, acknowledging the American flag – not symbolizing a hatred for it."
It is not difficult to understand. It is all about "Business and $$$$"  The Olympics do not hurt anyone's bottom line. The athletes are on their own like golfers and bowlers.  If a PGA pro wore a "Cops are Pigs" hat during a tourney as he has the right to the only person he would hurt is himself and his own endorsements. When you are employed by a huge business there are parameters..if you are more minus than plus you are gone.  If any team felt that Kappy would have put them over the top he would have been signed. 

That being said this has pretty died down now and he should get a chance to compete for a backup spot on a team next season.

It is not difficult to understand. It is all about "Business and $$$$"  The Olympics do not hurt anyone's bottom line. The athletes are on their own like golfers and bowlers.  If a PGA pro wore a "Cops are Pigs" hat during a tourney as he has the right to the only person he would hurt is himself and his own endorsements. When you are employed by a huge business there are parameters..if you are more minus than plus you are gone.  If any team felt that Kappy would have put them over the top he would have been signed. 

That being said this has pretty died down now and he should get a chance to compete for a backup spot on a team next season.
The legitimacy of their protests are so different they aren't comparable. It is an insult to those olympians to be discussed in a Kaepernick thread. 

The legitimacy of their protests are so different they aren't comparable. It is an insult to those olympians to be discussed in a Kaepernick thread. 
Those two Olympians wouldn't agree with you on that:

http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/17664885/olympic-sprinters-tommie-smith-john-carlos-support-colin-kaepernick-anthem-protests

Olympic protesters Tommie Smith, John Carlos back Colin Kaepernick

WASHINGTON -- Tommie Smith and John Carlos were proud to raise their gloved fists in a symbolic protest at the Olympics, and now they're proud that Colin Kaepernick and other athletes are staging national anthem protests to raise awareness about racial inequality and police brutality.

The American sprinters who were sent home from the 1968 Mexico City Olympics for what they called a "human rights salute" said the San Francisco 49ers quarterback and others are right to use their platform in an attempt to affect social change 48 years later.

"Don't hate the kid because he stood up for something to change,'' said Smith, who won the gold medal and set a world record in the 200 meters in 1968. "He stood up for the right to exercise Amendment 1."

Speaking Wednesday at the Team USA Awards, the first U.S. Olympic Committee event they've been invited to since their protest, Smith said he's backing Kaepernick because the quarterback's protest is proactive, and Carlos said there's no better platform than sports to stand up for something, even if it brings criticism.

"Protest is a good thing because you're trying to expose certain things through protest," said Carlos, who won the bronze in the 200 at the Mexico City Games. "Then, when you sit back and say, 'Well, I don't know whether it's the right place to make statement here or there.' In any protest, I think you make a statement to try and reach the far ends of the earth. What better way to do it than if you're in a sport."

Nick Kyrgios appears insulted by accusation he is friends with Colin kaepernick. 

Reporter: You’re friends with the American football player Colin Kaepernick and have been supportive of him in the past. What are your thoughts on his not being signed by an American football team this season?

Nick Kyrgios: I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to that dude in my life.

Reporter: But what are your thoughts about that?

Kyrgios: Where does that question even come from? We’re at the Australian Open, man. Are we done?
He was allso quoted in the article saying...

shut the f–k up

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22597858/papa-johns-nfl-end-sponsorship-deal

Papa John's, NFL make 'mutual decision' to end sponsorship deal

Papa John's is no longer the official pizza of the NFL.

CEO Steve Ritchie said on the company's earnings conference call that the league and the company mutually decided it was in their best interests for Papa John's, which became the official pizza of the league in 2010, to give up the designation.

The brand is the first NFL sponsor to leave in the midst of its deal. The company said on the call that there was no additional cost for undoing the deal.

"The NFL and Papa John's have made a mutual decision to shift from their official league sponsorship to a focus on partnerships with 22 local NFL teams, presence in broadcast and digital media, and key personalities in the sport," the league and company said in a joint statement.

The company will continue to invest in the NFL through its local-market deals with 22 teams. The company will no longer have presence at the league's big events, including the draft and the Super Bowl, which will be given to the new pizza sponsor. The league is expected to have a replacement before the 2018 season begins.

It was nearly four months ago that Papa John's founder John Schnatter, then also the CEO, said players who staged protests during the national anthem hurt business. The company pulled the NFL shield off its commercials during game broadcasts and took the shield off its pizza boxes.

"We are disappointed the NFL and its leadership did not resolve this," Schnatter said at the time.

Twelve days later, after the company's stock had dropped 12 percent, Schnatter apologized for his comments.

Schnatter, who was the face of the brand, was later replaced as CEO on Jan. 1. The company's chief financial officer, Lance Tucker, will leave after this week to become CFO at Jack in the Box.

Sales for Papa John's were down 3.9 percent across the country from October through December versus the same time period a year before, the company announced Tuesday, due to promotions that didn't pan out and negative consumer perception. The company had positive comparative sales for the 14th consecutive year, narrowly accomplishing the mark in 2017 by growing 0.1 percent.

Colin Kaepernick is featured in the first 2 seconds of :30 second ad for Congressman Todd Rokita who is running for the Senate in Indiana. The spot also shows Rokita shooting a rifle and says he’s “pro life” “pro gun” “pro Trump”

Hoosiers For Rokita's First TV Ad 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r5QXctM4L8
Doesnt seem like the kind of candidate Colin, er I mean Nessa, would support, but i'll take your word for it. 

Doesnt seem like the kind of candidate Colin, er I mean Nessa, would support, but i'll take your word for it. 
Kaep is not supporting Rokita, and probably didn't know who he was before today (I was not familiar with this candidate).

The ad starts with a picture of Obama and Hillary together, followed by one of Kaep kneeling with the voiceover announcer saying "The liberal elites disrespect our flag and the sacrifices of our soldiers."

Users who are viewing this thread