Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

Fun math fact of the day.  Assuming all 32 teams shared in the payoff to make this situation go away:  The Seattle Seahawks will have paid more to Russel Wilson in the first 10 minutes of the very first game.

• Laughing 2

In case anyone needs to be reminded as to what Kapernick was kneeling about.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2019/05/07/watch-before-death-jail-sandra-bland-recorded-video-run-texas-trooper

Watch: Before death in jail, Sandra Bland recorded her own video of run-in with Texas trooper

Sandra Bland, a black woman who was found dead in a Texas jail days after a July 2015 traffic stop, recorded part of her confrontation with the white state trooper who arrested her, according to newly released cellphone video.

The video — a 39-second clip depicting Bland's interaction with Trooper Brian Encinia — was obtained by the Investigative Network, a nonprofit news organization, and aired Monday on WFAA-TV (Channel 8).

The clip starts after Encinia opened Bland's door in an attempt to get her to exit her car. He holds out a stun gun toward Bland and demands she leave her car.

"Get out of the car. I will light you up!" Encinia said as he held the stun gun.

Bland then leaves the car, but continues filming the interaction. Encinia demands Bland put her phone down, and she responds that she has a right to record.

The video stops a few seconds after he repeatedly tells her to stop recording.

Encinia pulled Bland over for failing to user her turn signal near in Prairie View. She was taken to the Waller County Jail and was found dead in her cell a few days later. Officials ruled her death a suicide.

Bland's arrest and death sparked national outrage and renewed the national discussion on how officers interact with black citizens.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, squistion said:

In case anyone needs to be reminded as to what Kapernick was kneeling about.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2019/05/07/watch-before-death-jail-sandra-bland-recorded-video-run-texas-trooper

Watch: Before death in jail, Sandra Bland recorded her own video of run-in with Texas trooper

Sandra Bland, a black woman who was found dead in a Texas jail days after a July 2015 traffic stop, recorded part of her confrontation with the white state trooper who arrested her, according to newly released cellphone video.

The video — a 39-second clip depicting Bland's interaction with Trooper Brian Encinia — was obtained by the Investigative Network, a nonprofit news organization, and aired Monday on WFAA-TV (Channel 8).

The clip starts after Encinia opened Bland's door in an attempt to get her to exit her car. He holds out a stun gun toward Bland and demands she leave her car.

"Get out of the car. I will light you up!" Encinia said as he held the stun gun.

Bland then leaves the car, but continues filming the interaction. Encinia demands Bland put her phone down, and she responds that she has a right to record.

The video stops a few seconds after he repeatedly tells her to stop recording.

Encinia pulled Bland over for failing to user her turn signal near in Prairie View. She was taken to the Waller County Jail and was found dead in her cell a few days later. Officials ruled her death a suicide.

Bland's arrest and death sparked national outrage and renewed the national discussion on how officers interact with black citizens.

This has nothing to do with keapernick. Totally different subject 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:26 AM, HellToupee said:

That is not true, the traffic stop and jailing of Sandra Bland was the type of targeting of AAs by LEOs that Kaepernick was protesting: and became part of the Black Lives Matter protests

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/7/18535659/sandra-bland-video-traffic-stop-brian-encinia-texas-police

A new video that has emerged this week is raising new questions about the fate of Sandra Bland, a black woman whose death in a Texas jail cell following a July 2015 traffic stop sparked national Black Lives Matter protests, and added fuel to ongoing discussions about the ways black men and women are treated by police officers.

And she was discussed earlier in the thread and no one complained at the time that it had nothing to do with Kaep.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:18 AM, parasaurolophus said:

I see what you meant now. That's a fair point. Would be a better comparison though if this guy worked where Colin lived. It also presumes that Colin's protest is 100% on the up and up. I just cant get his original statement and follow up behavior out of my head, so I will never take him seriously. I think you can mock Colin and still be opposed to what happened to Jordan Edwards and Sandra Bland.  

But I do at least feel that if you were to come up with a list of "good behavior" rules for a police officer, you wouldn't put this on the list. It just isn't really to the level of bad behavior either. More of the eyeroll, move on it's halloween, type. 

But certainly not racist and certainly doesnt fuel some crazy deranged meme that some people create in their racist heads. 

Edited by squistion

3 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Why was she arrested? Unless she had an outstanding warrant, yes it certainly does. I guarantee if I were to do the same as she, I would have been at home eating dinner with my family that evening.

• Like 1