What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (7 Viewers)

Colin Kaepernick was influenced to sit by Nessa

But then he was like oh damn, this sittin thing isn't going over well. I cant very well look like I am on the throne during the anthem. I know, I will kneel and pretend it is like I am being respectful!

Colin Kaepernick Just Started A Black Panther-Inspired Youth Camp
He was influenced by Nessa? So what.

And a Green Beret asked to speak with him and convinced him kneeling would be more respectful and still get his point across. That is old news.

Also that Black Panther inspired youth camp taught those kids some really far left radical stuff about knowing their rights. :D

During his team’s bye week, the San Fransisco 49ers quarterback hosted a free youth camp in Oakland on Saturday called Know Your Rights. The program aims to teach kids about various important issues, including higher education, self-empowerment and interacting with law enforcement. Hundreds of black and Latino children from the Bay Area attended, according to the New York Daily News.

“We’re here today to fight back and give you all lessons to combat the oppressive issues that our people face on a daily basis. We’re here to give you tools to help you succeed,” he told the attendees, according to the Daily News. “We’re going to give you knowledge on policing history, what the systems of policing in America were based on, and we’re also going to teach you skills to make sure you always make it home safely.”

Last edited by a moderator:
He was influenced by Nessa? So what.

And a Green Barret asked to speak with him and convinced him kneeling would be more respectful and still get his point across. That is old news.

Also that Black Panther inspired youth camp taught those kids some really far left radical stuff about knowing their rights. :D
Like to hold his hair back? 

A system that perpetually condones the killing of people, without consequence, doesn't need to be revised, it needs to be dismantled!

-Colin kaepernick

With the AJ McCarron ruling his best chance at a gig this year may be the Bengals - if he still wants to be a football player.  Mike Brown was high on him in that draft and loves a redemption project.  

I totally disagree with Kaep, but I have no problem with what he says and no problem with this thread. Good to get it out in the open, IMO.  We just don't need three separate threads in three different fora about it.  

eta* He's turned totally into a political figure at this point, and not a football player. I never would have guessed it from his time in Nevada. Just wouldn't have.  

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 4m4 minutes ago

“If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out that's not progress. Progress is healing the wound that the blow made.” - Malcolm X

#KnowYourHistory #BlackHistoryMonth @yourrightscamp @ravisionmedia

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/966390249831223297
"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you shoot or rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."

#Charles Barkley

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 4m4 minutes ago

“If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out that's not progress. Progress is healing the wound that the blow made.” - Malcolm X

#KnowYourHistory #BlackHistoryMonth @yourrightscamp @ravisionmedia

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/966390249831223297
you got 8 followers bruh your own family don't even want to know what you doin! Get better at life!

-Colin Kaepernick

you got 8 followers bruh your own family don't even want to know what you doin! Get better at life!

- Colin Kaepernick
I am not sure what the point was in cherry picking one Tweet out of context that Kaep made responding to someone trolling him in February of 2015. He obviously doesn't suffer fools gladly and he should have left well alone and ignored the troll to begin with (which I believe has been his practice since then).

Whatever. Anyway, here is the complete exchange from which it was taken: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2369463-colin-kaepernick-puts-twitter-troll-with-8-followers-on-blast

I am not sure what the point was in cherry picking one Tweet out of context that Kaep made responding to someone trolling him in February of 2015. He obviously doesn't suffer fools gladly and he should have left well alone and ignored the troll to begin with (which I believe has been his practice since then).

Whatever. Anyway, here is the complete exchange from which it was taken: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2369463-colin-kaepernick-puts-twitter-troll-with-8-followers-on-blast
When you use the word bruh, context doesnt matter. Errrr i mean ... it dont matter.

I warned you the #7tormscoming !!! #houston 

-Colin Kaepernick

(Posted along with a picture of tons of cars on the highway windshield deep in water) 

Way to mock people that just lost everything. Good job donkey.

I warned you the #7tormscoming !!! #houston 

-Colin Kaepernick

(Posted along with a picture of tons of cars on the highway windshield deep in water) 

Way to mock people that just lost everything. Good job donkey.
 It was a lame attempt at humor, which no one found funny and he later apologized for it (which somehow you forgot to mention).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-colin-kaepernick-flood-houston-20150527-story.html

"I'm so sorry about my insensitive post earlier today. I didn't fully understand how many people are struggling in Houston right now and I feel horrible. My prayers are with everyone there."

It was a lame attempt at humor, which no one found funny and he later apologized for it (which somehow you forgot to mention).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-colin-kaepernick-flood-houston-20150527-story.html

"I'm so sorry about my insensitive post earlier today. I didn't fully understand how many people are struggling in Houston right now and I feel horrible. My prayers are with everyone there."
I didnt forget anything. His apology was meaningless. 

How could he not fully understand? What is he lennie from mice and men? The picture he used showed everything you need to see. He is either stupid or a liar.

Oh and btw, moth to a flame. 

I didnt forget anything. His apology was meaningless. 
It wasn't meaningless as it was accepted by most people as being sincere and was subsequently pretty much forgotten by everyone as evidenced by the fact that I don't recall it being mentioned in any story about him once the kneeling protests began.

It wasn't meaningless as it was accepted by most people as being sincere and was subsequently pretty much forgotten by everyone as evidenced by the fact that I don't recall it being mentioned in any story about him once the kneeling protests began.
It was forgotten because he moved on to being a bigger jerk about other areas. Like supporting human rights violations, making blanket statements about cops and our country, supporting cop killers, and trying to turn young kids into modern black panthers. 

It was forgotten because he moved on to being a bigger jerk about other areas. Like supporting human rights violations, making blanket statements about cops and our country, supporting cop killers, and trying to turn young kids into modern black panthers. 
The ACLU might disagree with you on that. They gave him the Eason Monroe Courageous Advocate Award at the ACLU of Southern California’s annual Bill of Rights dinner:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/12/04/human-rights-cannot-be-compromised-colin-kaepernick-honored-by-aclu-is-time-person-of-the-year-finalist/?utm_term=.5c28b630770b

[...]

“Our next honoree took a stand. He took a stand knowing he would risk his job,” Southern California ACLU executive director Hector Villagra said. “And he has lost his job, one that he loved and was supremely talented and skilled at. He took a stand knowing that some would criticize him, and he has been viciously and unfairly criticized. He has been called a traitor, because too many people in this country confuse dissent for disloyalty. He took a stand knowing some would even threaten him, and he has had his life threatened, which is why, though we are profoundly honored to have him here, we didn’t publicize his presence tonight.”

Kaepernick raised a fist as he received a standing ovation.

“We all have an obligation, no matter the risk and regardless of reward, to stand up for our fellow men and women who are being oppressed with the understanding that human rights cannot be compromised,” he told the audience.

His suggestion for doing that? “We must confront systemic oppression as a doctor would a disease. You identify it, you call it out, you treat it, and you defeat it.”

Kaepernick closed by quoting Frederick Douglass: “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”

That is a mischaracterization.

During his team’s bye week, the San Fransisco 49ers quarterback hosted a free youth camp in Oakland on Saturday called Know Your Rights. The program aims to teach kids about various important issues, including higher education, self-empowerment and interacting with law enforcement. Hundreds of black and Latino children from the Bay Area attended, according to the New York Daily News.

“We’re here today to fight back and give you all lessons to combat the oppressive issues that our people face on a daily basis. We’re here to give you tools to help you succeed,” he told the attendees, according to the Daily News. “We’re going to give you knowledge on policing history, what the systems of policing in America were based on, and we’re also going to teach you skills to make sure you always make it home safely.”

Yep. It is fairly comical. I mean the guy could pee on somebody and it would be excused as somehow Colin must have known he was stung by a jellyfish. 

And yes. I know that doesn't actually work.  
Only comical because it made no sense. There had been no connection suggested between the Tweet and the award, the two were unrelated and had nothing to do with each other. And there was no attempt made to excuse the Tweet, which he apologized for.

Someone could swap out just a few choice words in this post and they'd be talking about DJT.

Users who are viewing this thread