What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many kids do you have? (1 Viewer)

How many kids do you have?

• 0.... I shoot blanks

Votes: 25 14.4%

Votes: 27 15.5%

Votes: 64 36.8%

Votes: 36 20.7%

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 5.... The GM Award of Fertility

Votes: 6 3.4%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 or more. I am Clown Car

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
How many?  Age range?
11: 21,18,16,14,13,10,8,6,5,2,1

5 girls, 6 boys. 

All biologically belong to my husband and I. No multiples, all ######l. Half breastfed. 6 natural deliveries, 5 epidurals. Smallest was 8 pounds five ounces. Biggest was 12 pounds even. 

Ama except why. 

Last edited by a moderator:

5 girls, 6 boys. 

All biologically belong to my husband and I. No multiples, all ######l. Half breastfed. 6 natural deliveries, 5 epidurals. Smallest was 8 pounds five ounces. Biggest was 12 pounds even. 

Ama except why. 
So you've had like 100 pounds of kids.  I think you should go for the Baker's dozen.   You must really laugh at @General Malaise stories.

5 girls, 6 boys. 

Ama except why. 
You deserve your very own Southwest Airlines commercial.

Wanna get away?

5 girls, 6 boys. 

Ama except why. 
Even Calgon can't help you now,..

stepdaughter turns 15 tomorrow.  Stepson is 8.  Planning to adopt them officially in August.

(almost) 5 month old twin daughters. 

I wouldn't change a thing. 

5 girls, 6 boys. 

Ama except why. 
12 pounds is insane, all 3 of ours were smaller than your smallest, those are big babies

5 girls, 6 boys. 

Ama except why. 
So you've been pregnant or caring for a baby for the last 22+ years.  wow.  

Three.  Step daughter is a sophomore in college.  15 year old is a freshman in high school, and 13 year old is an 8th grader.  Her high school time flew by so fast I feel like we are on the verge of being empty nesters, even though we have five years left. :(  

You're all playing for second. I win this one. 
This may be too personal a question but did you have ######l rejuvenation surgery?  Your husband may be packing heat but those size babies has to do some irreversible damage without surgery.

ETA - my wife did 4 ######lly so I speak from some level of experience  

This may be too personal a question but did you have ######l rejuvenation surgery?  Your husband may be packing heat but those size babies has to do some irreversible damage without surgery.

ETA - my wife did 4 ######lly so I speak from some level of experience  
He's packing. It's one of the reasons I married him. But no reconstruction surgery. I worry more that it's not as good for him anymore but he swears he's content. I have to take his word for it. 

He's packing. It's one of the reasons I married him. But no reconstruction surgery. I worry more that it's not as good for him anymore but he swears he's content. I have to take his word for it. 
Packing heat and a stone faced liar - this guy is my hero!

So you've been pregnant or caring for a baby for the last 22+ years.  wow.  
Yes. It's what I do. I really loved it. Loved being pregnant. Loved having a baby to take care of. But I'm tired now. I'm looking forward to #11 potty training and not needing to be watched every second. If I was younger I would keep going. My friend is past due with#13. 

5 girls, 6 boys. 

Ama except why. 
Do the older children know the younger ones? Do they have a good relationship? Do they help you?

My oldest knows the babies but they don't know her. She's been away at school for three years. They all have great relationships. Some better than others. Some not as good. But the older ones are an enormous help. I drive, plan, and cook dinner. They do everything else. 

My oldest knows the babies but they don't know her. She's been away at school for three years. They all have great relationships. Some better than others. Some not as good. But the older ones are an enormous help. I drive, plan, and cook dinner. They do everything else. 
Does your husband go by two names also - like Joe Bob?

5 girls, 6 boys. 

Ama except why. 
I saw your posts in the kids' quotes thread and thought this would be a fascinating idea if you were up for it, glad you volunteered.

When was the last time you didn't have a kid in diapers?  Looks like you might have gotten a brief respite between 5 and 6 or 9 and 10 but it's hard to tell. We had three in quick succession and have been changing diapers for 5 straight years now, and my wife and I already already planning our celebration for when we're finally freed from diaper duty.  I can't even imagine going two decades.

Also a practical question:  Any suggestions for sleeping arrangements for kids who have to share a small-ish bedroom if you don't want to go with a normal bunk bed? Our oldest is 4, she tosses and turns and is nervous about sleeping up high.

I saw your posts in the kids' quotes thread and thought this would be a fascinating idea if you were up for it, glad you volunteered.

When was the last time you didn't have a kid in diapers?  Looks like you might have gotten a brief respite between 5 and 6 or 9 and 10 but it's hard to tell. We had three in quick succession and have been changing diapers for 5 straight years now, and my wife and I already already planning our celebration for when we're finally freed from diaper duty.  I can't even imagine going two decades.

Also a practical question:  Any suggestions for sleeping arrangements for kids who have to share a small-ish bedroom if you don't want to go with a normal bunk bed? Our oldest is 4, she tosses and turns and is nervous about sleeping up high.
Trundle bed?  Something like this:

https://www.wayfair.com/Broyhill-Kids-Marco-Island-Captains-Bed-with-Trundle-Bed-and-Drawers-09640-32-L1074-K~BYHK1043.html?refid=GX140434032133-BYHK1043_15506198_17633513&device=m&ptid=264594349582&targetid=pla-264594349582&PiID[]=17633513&gclid=CKfA7o6YwtMCFdcagQod-BkG2g

No. And all our kids have a different first initial. I still call them by the wrong name but I know it sooner. 
My 4 all start with 'A' - hence the alias.  Last one was SOL.  Everybody calls them by the wrong name within the family  - I blame my wife.

Diaper breaks: between 1&2, maybe a minute between 5&6 but we moved and 5 was a late trainer, 9&10. But most overlap was only a couple months until 10&11. They are the closest at 12m/3w apart. 10 isn't trained yet and he's 2 so hopefully soon. But 11 is really smart so I think he will train with 10 if I wait a couple more months. 

How old are your next two? Could your 1&2 share a bed? We have had many different bunk beds, shared experiments, groupings. But it seemed to work best when I had them split by sex, each in their own bunk bed. Right now all 6 boys are in one huge room. I have two bunks, two twins, and a regular sized crib. So we have an open spot for another year or two. 

Diaper breaks: between 1&2, maybe a minute between 5&6 but we moved and 5 was a late trainer, 9&10. But most overlap was only a couple months until 10&11. They are the closest at 12m/3w apart. 10 isn't trained yet and he's 2 so hopefully soon. But 11 is really smart so I think he will train with 10 if I wait a couple more months. 

How old are your next two? Could your 1&2 share a bed? We have had many different bunk beds, shared experiments, groupings. But it seemed to work best when I had them split by sex, each in their own bunk bed. Right now all 6 boys are in one huge room. I have two bunks, two twins, and a regular sized crib. So we have an open spot for another year or two. 
You should run the numbers to estimate total diapers changed some time.

Anyway, my gang: girl is 4 (5 in June). Boy is 3, Girl is 1 (2 next month). Basically we had them 18 months apart. Currently the older two are together since the little one obviously needed her own room as an infant, but we'd been considering realigning.  Any idea why splitting by gender seems to work best?  We were already considering that based on personalities and whatnot, but the youngest probably still needs something that has railings.

I voted 2, but it's technically 1 at the moment.  The other one is about 90% done baking and will pop out in late May / early June.

You should run the numbers to estimate total diapers changed some time.

Anyway, my gang: girl is 4 (5 in June). Boy is 3, Girl is 1 (2 next month). Basically we had them 18 months apart. Currently the older two are together since the little one obviously needed her own room as an infant, but we'd been considering realigning.  Any idea why splitting by gender seems to work best?  We were already considering that based on personalities and whatnot, but the youngest probably still needs something that has railings.
Splitting in sex lines only mattered later. My first five (3G, 2b) were together in one room because my husbands brother lived with us for about 8 years. If you only have two in a room regular twin beds should work fine. I'm not seeing a problem. What are you wanting to accomplish?

5 girls, 6 boys. 

Ama except why. 
One of those quiverfull deals?  

One of those quiverfull deals?  
No. It looks like it we are quiverfreaks, but we aren't. We liked having sex, we preferred not using birth control, getting pregnant and having babies was super easy for me. You do what you're good at. One baby at a time, 20 years go by and I have my own little empire. 

Users who are viewing this thread