Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matuski

Sofa Bed Sleeper Sofa

Anyone have recommendations here?

I'm looking at crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn.. but I have no idea if there is something better out there.

Priority 1 would be mattress (comfort).  Couldn't care less about how it looks (to a point).

What is the most comfortable sleeper sofa or sofa bed out there?

Don't waste your money. Get a quality air mattress instead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaVinci said:

Don't waste your money. Get a quality air mattress instead.

Why do you say this?

I've slept on a handful of sofa bads and a couple were awesome.  Wish I had noted what they were.

is this for the very occasional guest purpose only? 

I've found sofa-beds not as comfortable for the regular sofa purposes, and certainly not so great as beds. I'd lean towards davinci in saying that a decent inflatable airmattress has more than covered our needs for adult guests, with kids crashing on the sofa as needed.

that said, our interiors dept typically gets a sofabed for clients (usually for the nanny if there isn't room for staff quarters). that said again- I doubt any of us would afford what our interior's dept is selling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matuski said:

Why do you say this?

I've slept on a handful of sofa bads and a couple were awesome.  Wish I had noted what they were.

Awesome if you think sleeping on a balance beam would be awesome.

• Like 1

Sorry, can't help.  My sofa bed is a non-sleeper sofa.

Just now, George Jefferson Airplane said:

Futons for sure.  Cheaper, more versatile, and more comfortable. 

gonna disagree. for college they were fine- but not comfortable for me as a sofa at all... passable as a one or two night mattress to sleep on I suppose.

• Like 1

Just now, El Floppo said:

gonna disagree. for college they were fine- but not comfortable for me as a sofa at all... passable as a one or two night mattress to sleep on I suppose.

They make some pretty nice stuff now with a wide variety of mattress selections. 

Also why would you want anyone in your house for more than two nights? 

8 minutes ago, George Jefferson Airplane said:

They make some pretty nice stuff now with a wide variety of mattress selections. 

Also why would you want anyone in your house for more than two nights? 

the opposite was my point- I don't want a less comfortable sofa in my place the rest of the time if a have a choice. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

the opposite was my point- I don't want a less comfortable sofa in my place the rest of the time if a have a choice. 

The reason I am after it is to leave the rest of the room open for other uses the rest of the time.  If I can achieve that with a semi comfortable sleeping arrangement for guests, this would be ideal.

I won't expect to be sitting on a sofa in a guest bedroom.

Edited by matuski

7 minutes ago, matuski said:

The reason I am after it is to leave the rest of the room open for other uses the rest of the time.  If I can achieve that with a semi comfortable sleeping arrangement for guests, this would be ideal.

get a load of the king in his castle... guest room

I think we use C&B for out of the way places- so can't be that bad. another option is to get a day-bed and buy pillows.cushions to put against the wall.

• Like 1

We have a quality sofa sectional that has a queen mattress. The mattress is actually an air mattress built in (was $100 extra) and it's amazing. Just like sleeping on a comfortable bed and no one even knows it's a sleeper when on the sofa itself. 

It's possible but it's not cheap.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

We have a quality sofa sectional that has a queen mattress. The mattress is actually an air mattress built in (was $100 extra) and it's amazing. Just like sleeping on a comfortable bed and no one even knows it's a sleeper when on the sofa itself. 

who makes this?

29 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Key info left out.. brand/model?

My only recommendation is to roll with the "fold-down" sofa as opposed to the old-fashioned "pull-out" version. It's still not going to be as comfortable as a real bed, but you'll have better "mattress" support and less cross-beam-in-the-back pain.

I actually bought a fold down a few years back. Seems to work great but I can't remember the make/model. Just know I bought it at some moderny furniture store. Can't remember price but it was less than $1k. 

Something kind of like this (to give you an idea of how it works). No specific recommendation on that model (an image just popped up when I Googled).

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matuski said:

https://www.murphybeds.com/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matuski said:

7 minutes ago, Christo said:

Aha.  Why didn't i think of this!  

This may be the answer.

:doh: 

I was just looking into murphies for a project... they're pretty cool now (not cheap), with other programs for stuff that goes under the bed- when the bed's folded up against the wall, the bottom side of it becomes a desk, etc. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, matuski said:

Key info left out.. brand/model?

Sofa sectional at Arhaus furniture store.  Not sure if you have one in your area.

Here you go

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 1

How about one of those beds in the wall like on that old tv show?  Oh the hilarity that would ensue when they tried to pull the bed down and sleep in it.

10 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Sofa sectional at Arhaus furniture store.  Not sure if you have one in your area.

Here you go

HAHA THAT THING SUCKS!