What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Seth Rich Conspiracy Theory Thread (2 Viewers)

Quez

Footballguy
His name is one of the top trends on Twitter after the families private investigator confirmation that he was in communication with WikiLeaks.  Combine this with Julian Assange saying Seth was the leaker, and it's starting to look bad.  There was also a WikiLeaks of Podesta saying "I'm definitely for making an example of a suspected leaker whether or not we have any basis for it".

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story

Last edited by a moderator:
Fake news.  See, it's simple.  Anything that doesn't fit your narrative is fake news.  

Pats win Super Bowl?  Fake news.  Packers won it. 

Lebron wins Championship?  Fake news.  The Mets won it.  

That's the problem with being an nut hugger.  Nobody takes anything you say seriously because they know it's wildly slanted.  

Fake news.  See, it's simple.  Anything that doesn't fit your narrative is fake news.  

Pats win Super Bowl?  Fake news.  Packers won it. 

Lebron wins Championship?  Fake news.  The Mets won it.  
The WaPo story cited unnamed sources.  Seth Rich's family hired an ex-dc homicide detective.  Go Google about him, and pick him appart if you want, but at least there is a source here.

Didn't they blame Russia for the DNC leaks immediately after, and they connected the dots for us.  "Russian hackers released DNC emails in order to damage HRC, because they would rather have Trump.

That was the first mention of Russia, that every article mentions when loosely tying other Russian stories together.  If that one is blown apart, the few people buying the Russian conspiracy theory will likely put their heads back in the sand.

The WaPo story cited unnamed sources.  Seth Rich's family hired an ex-dc homicide detective.  Go Google about him, and pick him appart if you want, but at least there is a source here.
There are sources in the wapo article too. It's so well-sourced that the White House asked them not to publish the details. 

The problem with Seth Rich being the leaker is it completely destroys the Russian conspiracy theory.
What did the IC say about Seth Rich's role in the hack and release of DNC emails?

Also, the bolded is a giant non-sequitor. 

So, the PI who is investigating for the family has determined that there is information linking Rich to Wikileaks via the laptop, which he has not been able to access, nor does he know the location of it.

"The police department nor the FBI have been forthcoming,” said Wheeler. “They haven't been cooperating at all. I believe that the answer to solving his death lies on that computer, which I believe is either at the police department or either at the FBI. I have been told both.”

When we asked Wheeler if his sources have told him there is information that links Rich to Wikileaks, he said, “Absolutely. Yeah. That's confirmed."

Sounds legit.  Also, I thought we were against anonymous sources?  Or is that only when they provide information that you disagree with?

So, the PI who is investigating for the family has determined that there is information linking Rich to Wikileaks via the laptop, which he has not been able to access, nor does he know the location of it.

"The police department nor the FBI have been forthcoming,” said Wheeler. “They haven't been cooperating at all. I believe that the answer to solving his death lies on that computer, which I believe is either at the police department or either at the FBI. I have been told both.”

When we asked Wheeler if his sources have told him there is information that links Rich to Wikileaks, he said, “Absolutely. Yeah. That's confirmed."

Sounds legit.  Also, I thought we were against anonymous sources?  Or is that only when they provide information that you disagree with?
Bingo.

Holy righteousness Batman.  
Yeah, I deleted my post. I don't want to have anything to do with this nonsense. Enjoy it everyone, I'm sure it will be just as successful as internet conspiracy theorists' previous attack on the DNC as a hotbed for felony activity.

That article blamed it on the uptick in gun violence in the area around the time...  I guess we have the DC Shooter 2.0 randomly shooting people in DC.

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/36082#efmAGSAH-

WikiLeaks @wikileaks

Podesta: "I'm definitely for making an example of a suspected leaker whether or not we have any real basis for it.
Did you even read the email thread as a whole?   It's clear he's talking about the earlier suggestion to tell job applicants for the campaign (as this was from early 2015), that if their name appears in the press linked with Clinton, the job offer is off the table. 

poor Quez...at least this nonsense was shot down quicker than Pizzagate.  Maybe the third time will be the charm.

I mean it's a terrible story. If the investigator was hired by the family, how do you not have a quote from the family?  This is a reporter letting this guy Wheeler sell him a giant load of unsubstantiated bull####. 

Its telling that the people on here credulous to lap it up are just who I would have suspected. Although maybe Dodds overslept. 

poor Quez...at least this nonsense was shot down quicker than Pizzagate.  Maybe the third time will be the charm.
Herein lies the problem, it's not shot down, at least in the eyes of the followers of the almighty (R).  This is the main story on Foxnewsdotcom currently, despite the fact that there is an ongoing story about the president having shared classified information with his Russian handle.... guests.  

Did you even read the email thread as a whole?   It's clear he's talking about the earlier suggestion to tell job applicants for the campaign (as this was from early 2015), that if their name appears in the press linked with Clinton, the job offer is off the table. 
That doesn't fit the narrative 

I find it sad that a DNC staffer was killed.  I also find it interesting if he sent 40k emails to Wikileaks.  That's a strange coincidence.

But it doesn't prove that the entire IC is lying and engaged in a gargantuan cover-up.

Assange also said it was him.    The family is probably just playing it smart so they don't end up being the victims of random gun violence.

I find it sad that a DNC staffer was killed.  I also find it interesting if he sent 40k emails to Wikileaks.  That's a strange coincidence.

But it doesn't prove that the entire IC is lying and engaged in a gargantuan cover-up.
No and it probably never will.

Herein lies the problem, it's not shot down, at least in the eyes of the followers of the almighty (R).  This is the main story on Foxnewsdotcom currently, despite the fact that there is an ongoing story about the president having shared classified information with his Russian handle.... guests.  
Yep and this is what has been happening for some time now.  Someone purposely throws out innuendo with absolutely nothing to back it in order to distract the gullible.  Heck the POTUS routinely does this in his tweets and none of his followers seem to care.

Coincidental, I don`t think that had anything to do with his murder. It was not a robbery either as he has cash, phone and credit cards still on him.  Sometimes people look at someone the wrong way at 4AM and end up getting filled with lead.

Yep and this is what has been happening for some time now.  Someone purposely throws out innuendo with absolutely nothing to back it in order to distract the gullible.  Heck the POTUS routinely does this in his tweets and none of his followers seem to care.
Your forgetting the fact that Assange himself said Seth Rich was the leaker.

Users who are viewing this thread