What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Seth Rich Conspiracy Theory Thread (4 Viewers)

I never followed this closely. Could someone explain like I'm five if there was anything that actually that looked shady other than a Democrat was murdered and Russian's decided to push a conspiracy story for the "easily influenced." Was he shot 5 times in the back and called a suicide? Did he stab himself 50 times and stuff himself in a duffel bag? Jump off a 10 story building after taking a hammer to the back of the head?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never followed this closely. Could someone explain like I'm five if there was anything that actually that looked shady other than a Democrat was murdered and Russian's decided to push a conspiracy story for the "easily influenced." Was he shot 5 times in the back and called a suicide? Did he stab himself 50 times and stuff himself in a duffel bag? Jump off a 10 story building after taking a hammer to the back of the head?
There's nothing of that.

I’m guessing Hannity gets deposed in this. There are unsolved questions about how normal editorial controls were evaded at Fox, who wrote one of the stories (there was no byline), and whether there was coordination with the WH. Fox would be wise to settle this.

I’m guessing Hannity gets deposed in this. There are unsolved questions about how normal editorial controls were evaded at Fox, who wrote one of the stories (there was no byline), andcwhther ther was coordination with the WH. Fox would be wise to settle this.
We know there is an odd connection between Hannity and Assange.  Judges probably don't like lawyers taking the scenic route to get to a point so it probably won't all be uncovered, but I'd love to see Assange get pulled into the light by this case.

I'm glad this case has already been deemed closed, and labeled "conspiracy theory".  Watch the interview with Wheeler himself from last night,

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5437207289001/?#sp=show-clips

He doesn't name sources, but it definitely appears as if he is being stone walled.  Some :fishy:  stuff still going on. 

But, I'm sure Hannity & Wheeler are Russian agents pushing a conspiracy theory...
The one thing you got right in this entire thread. 

Can we get the cliff notes clear version? Did something happen today? What happened and what does it mean?
An indictment that spells out, in great detail, the DNC / Clinton campaign hack. Do yourself a favor and take the time to read the first 15 - 16 pages.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

It means those who bought and sold the "Seth Rich" nonsense were peddling Russian disinformation. It means they should be very ashamed. 

Can we get the cliff notes clear version? Did something happen today? What happened and what does it mean?
With today's indictments of GRU agents for hacking various Democratic systems and emails, the folks in this thread who fed into and amplified the disgusting and unfounded conspiracy theories about Seth Rich being killed for leaking them to Assange should really feel awful about themselves. Honestly, it's as bad as the similar smears about Vince Foster's suicide in the 1990s.

I'll just add that we passed I think just last week or so the anniversary of Rich's death. It's still a tragedy for his family. Unfortunately we have countless tragedies like these stemming from gun homicides in NO, DC and other large urban areas.

His name is one of the top trends on Twitter after the families private investigator confirmation that he was in communication with WikiLeaks.  Combine this with Julian Assange saying Seth was the leaker, and it's starting to look bad.  There was also a WikiLeaks of Podesta saying "I'm definitely for making an example of a suspected leaker whether or not we have any basis for it".

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story
This was the original conspiracy theory: Seth Rich was murdered by Hillary Clinton's people because he was the one who leaked the contents of the DNC server to WikiLeaks.

The reason that's put to rest (once again) is that today's Mueller indictment pretty convincingly makes the case that the Russian military intelligence service, not Seth Rich, was responsible for hacking the DNC server and forwarding its contents to WikiLeaks.

Joe Bryant said:

This thread is dedicated to the theory that Seth Rich (a low-level staff member for the Democratic National Committee) was one of the sources responsible for hacking emails of the Democrats and passing them on to Russia and/or Wikileaks. Rich was killed 2 years ago and the conspiracy theorists believe that he was assassinated to keep him from revealing secrets about the hacking.

Today's indictments (from Trump's own Justice Department) contradict those theories in every significant manner. In fact, today's indictments indicate that many of the entities who peddled the "Seth Rich conspiracy" were, in fact, responsible for sabotaging the Democrats in the first place.

ren hoek said:
Bro, it was a botched robbery.  It doesn't matter who the murderer was or what was on Rich's laptop, case closed. 
Oh, come now.  No reason to consider all these indictments by a 70-something guy who gave up millions to be a federal prosecutor in a massive investigation and the determinations by intelligence services all over the world.  As someone once said “There's no version of reality that can't be contorted to fit the conspiracy theory.”

The stuff about Dropbox, Seth profitting personally, Aaron Rich, Rogers beating the Russian drum, it's all new and being constructed by a completely different source.  And it could be all false.  Who knows?  
Washington Times retracts article that discussed Aaron Rich.

One such statement was that: “Interestingly, it is well known in the intelligence circles that Seth Rich and his brother, Aaron Rich, downloaded the DNC emails and was paid by Wikileaks for that information.” The Washington Times now does not have any basis to believe any part of that statement to be true, and The Washington Times retracts it in its entirety.

The Column also stated: “Also, why hasn’t Aaron Rich been interviewed [by law enforcement], and where is he?” The Washington Times understands that law enforcement officials have interviewed Mr. Rich and that he has cooperated with their investigation. The Washington Times did not intend to imply that Mr. Rich has obstructed justice in any way, and The Washington Times retracts and disavows any such implication.

andrew kaczynski Verified account @KFILE

I called former House Speaker @NewtGingrich – who spread the unfounded Seth Rich claim on Fox News – to ask if he would also retract his statements. When I said the word "Seth Rich" he said "goodbye" and hung up.

11:51 AM - 1 Oct 2018

Righetti said:
The type of people who buy into this crap aren't the type of people who apologize or come clean or say "I was wrong" - they follow their Liar-In-Chief leader. think of the ring leader Hannity...hes gonna apologize for this crap? No. neither are his disciples 

Users who are viewing this thread