What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adam West dead at 88 (1 Viewer)

Of all the special effects in all the Batman movies, my favorite is from the series when Batman and Robin would climb the side of a building--and they would just tilt the camera sideways. 

I read somewhere that the bat mobile was dented all to hell because West was a terrible driver. Kept bumping stuff in the bat cave

Many an afternoon Batman and Hogan's Hero's would delay my homework. RIP

Holy Reward, Batman! POW! ZOINKS! KAPUT!

RIP - 

[SIZE=7.875px]ETA: coises, mojo beat me - folied again!![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to meet him and see the original Batmobile way back in the late '80's. They did an appearance for the grand opening of the grocery store where I  worked. He seemed line a genuinely nice and funny guy. Didn't take himself too seriously. 

RIP. 

I got to meet him and see the original Batmobile way back in the late '80's. They did an appearance for the grand opening of the grocery store where I  worked. He seemed line a genuinely nice and funny guy. Didn't take himself too seriously. 

RIP. 
He got pigeon-holed more than any actor I can remember. Hell, even Shatner got to do other stuff. But - and God bless him for it - West realized it early on and made a ton of money off of that role. 

RIP. 
I liked Adam West as Adam West even better than as Batman or Mayor of Quahog. The first guy i remember working the 4th wall of celebrity, diggin all the swag & being quickest to poke fun at his image. The anti-Ranger

Caught a pretty interesting show on one of the movie channels a couple months back about Adam West, can't remember the title. Poor guy was seriously hurt from being Batman and his career was pretty much ruined. Like the article said he eventually had to embrace the role and do all the appearances to eke out a living. I don't think he made much bank out of it but he learned to go with it.

This sucks. He was in the Dan Lebatard show last week and just killed it as per usual. He got better with age and his humor was terrific. 

Snd yes I'm an original Batman fan for sure. RIP

OMGNOOO 2017 damnnnn youuuu it was TOOO SOOOON this year is taking all the greats, 2017 is the worst everrrrrr 

damn ... R.I.P. to the BATMAN

don't care how many friggin' reboots get foisted upon us, West will always be my Caped Crusader  :yes:

oh, and Cesar Romero/Joker 4EVA - FTW

This sucks. He was in the Dan Lebatard show last week and just killed it as per usual. He got better with age and his humor was terrific. 

Snd yes I'm an original Batman fan for sure. RIP
:(

Another victim of the Lebatard show curse. 

Users who are viewing this thread