What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Made My Employment Status Great Again! (1 Viewer)

skol asylum

Footballguy
Just got offered and accepted a job at my old company where i had been laid off and on severance, same pay and benefits and seniority roll right on. 

Start July 5th. Right under the wire before severance ran out. Now I can actually enjoy my next two weeks. The last 2 months have sucked. I don't recommend unemployment to anyone.

Time to celebrate!   :pickle:

cap'n grunge said:
Just got offered and accepted a job at my old company where i had been laid off and on severance, same pay and benefits and seniority roll right on. 

Start July 5th. Right under the wire before severance ran out. Now I can actually enjoy my next two weeks. The last 2 months have sucked. I don't recommend unemployment to anyone.

Outstanding!  Enjoy it.

Now you can quit buying ketchup and processed cheese slices!  Congrats on the free 2-month vacation.  Enjoy the last two weeks. 

Now you can quit buying ketchup and processed cheese slices!  Congrats on the free 2-month vacation.  Enjoy the last two weeks. 
Heinz ketchup is the nectar of the gods. Processed cheese is pretty much only good for melting in grilled cheese sandwiches and on burgers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Small batch bourbon - rocks for me.

Congrats. Looks like things worked out for you. Hopefully you didn't leave any "gifts" before you left the last time. 

So what's the deal with you going back to the company that laid you off?  Everything good with that company going forward?

So what's the deal with you going back to the company that laid you off?  Everything good with that company going forward?
Hopefully. Healthcare industry so many many challenges ahead. This purging has happened before. Still have like 50,000 employees. The next icebergs are probably Medicaid cuts.

Congrats. 

Still got 2 months of severance left. Had a couple of potential jobs fall through at the last minute recently. Starting to feel the pressure. So I know the feeling. 

cap'n grunge said:

This is similar to what happened to me.  Another FFA success story!

Congrats. 

Still got 2 months of severance left. Had a couple of potential jobs fall through at the last minute recently. Starting to feel the pressure. So I know the feeling. 
Good luck. The whole process sucks. I hope you find a great job soon.

Now would be a great time to negotiate that Golden Parachute too so if you get cut again you can be set up for life rather than a few months severance.  :moneybag:

Users who are viewing this thread