What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator 2017 Released (iPhone, Android, iPad, and desktop/laptop browsers) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Shepherd

Footballguy
Check it out here: http://www.footballguys.com/footballguys-dominator-mobile.php

There's a ton of updates and changes from the 2016 version:

New Features

• New and improved cheat sheets in HTML format, easy to print
  • New draft board for large devices in a separate window on desktop, without predict picks (for projecting onto screens)
  • 4th column on wide desktop screens, splitting out roster comparisons (e.g. position counts) and individual rosters so they can be seen simultaneously
  • Incompletions scoring
  • New cloud system
  • FBG registration/login compulsory to encourage cloud use
  • New data update system meaning quicker loading times for the app and drafts, and updates channeled through to the apps as soon as projections etc are edited in the database
  • Skip picks
  • Adjust VBD start and VBD bench baselines at each position separately
UI Improvements

• New, simplified theme across all platforms. Easier on the eyes, higher text/background contrast
  • Down-pointing arrows on select menus on edit draft order screen (people were missing these)
  • If pre-draft keepers are entered, basic settings screen explains how roster size is calculated
  • Improved player list dragging
  • Default view on scoring settings is receptions and PPR field is clearly marked
  • More info on if user is a subscriber - if not, links to our why subscribe page
  • Better explanation that pre-draft trades should be entered using the customized draft order option
  • Undo button on auctions so incorrectly edited prices can be very easily edited
  • Player card data is exactly the same and ordered the same as the data in the players list now (including their bye week which was missing previously from the card)
  • Pts per game/positional ranks added to the players list
  • Shortlist moved to be tabbed with the players list, not rosters, on large devices
  • Player text emphasis so the user knows which list to use for entering other people's picks and their own
  • Removed all slide-in panels from the app and replaced them with snap-up panels to save time on animations
  • Removed in-app instructions in favour of link to zendesk help center, which we can update remotely much easier
  • Clarified that roster min/maxes only need to be entered for the most advanced leagues
  • Lose %s from roster positional analysis and just showing quantity instead; % rating was unclear what it denoted
  • Relabelled league host field to "Settings & ADP" to make it clear this changes the ADP data used, too
Bug fixes: loads, including:

• Keepers not loading into drafts correctly immediately after being added (occasionally): fixed
  • Cheat sheet export always now exactly matches the in-app cheat sheet
  • Custom entered players disappearing: fixed
  • Add/remove keepers messing up custom draft orders: fixed
  • Custom draft orders will always be optimally sorted on the big draft board so columns line up with teams, as much as possible
  • News can now properly update itself without issue or duplication 100% of the time
  • Predict picks shouldn't stop at keeper picks: fixed
  • Tiers view allowing display of all positions: fixed
  • Apostrophes and other special characters showing in select menus as encoded HTML characters: fixed

Joe Edit:

To make sure we serve our folks the best we can, we're doing the same thing with customer service with the Draft Dominators as we did with MyFBG. If something isn't working for you or if you have a question, please let us know by using this "Submit a Request" form: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new   We will not use the forums here as the help system. 

Side note that may or may not matter to you. And maybe it's too much but I'll ask anyways. We want nothing more than for this to work perfectly. We know it's frustrating if something doesn't work. But if you can help us with this and try to keep a positive and constructive tone with it, that'll help everyone in the end. I know that's maybe not a "professional" thing for a "business" to ask but I'm asking anyway.

Thanks a ton for the help and feedback. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't be more excited about our new releases here.

Simon's been working for the last nine months to bring this 2017 version to you and we're stoked. 

One quick thing too to make sure everyone is on the same page. I know it's confusing but we have effectively 4 distinct Drafting Tools for FBG. And some of them have a couple of sub sets.

1. Draft Dominator Classic. This is the long time downloadable multi window drafting tool we've had for years designed by our Bruce Henderson. It's mature and full featured and extremely tweakable. It's available for Windows and also available for Mac   

You can download a free version with early June projections to test it out. For Insider PRO and Insider PRO Plus customers, updated versions of the Draft Dominator Classic with projections are downloadable as they're released. 

2. Mobile Draft Dominator App. This is our Mobile app available for smart phones and tablets. It features our most advanced logic and value algorithms. It is not connected to the Insider PRO or Insider PRO Plus subscription and is available for download in the iTunes and Google Play store. Purchasing the Mobile Draft Dominator App includes updated projections all the way up till Week 1 kickoff. 

3. Draft Dominator Online. This is essentially the Mobile Draft Dominator Experience but available online in desktop and laptop web browsers. I know people would like to use this on their phones and tablet but we were not able to program this for an acceptable online experience on anything other than a desktop or laptop. It's like having the Mobile Draft Dominator on a huge screen.  It's also available for free to play around with but it will have early June projections. For Insider PRO and Insider PRO Plus customers, they will view the Draft Dominator Online with updated projections as they're released. 

4. VBD Excel App. This is our oldest and most antiquated drafting tool our David Dodds creates. It's old and every year David tries to kill it but we know some people love it so we have kept it around. People love it as it's an Excel sheet and infinitely manipulatable. Like with the Draft Dominator Classic, for Insider PRO and Insider PRO Plus customers, updated versions of the VBD Excel App with projections are downloadable as they're released. 

We know that's a lot. And business gurus would tell me it's too confusing. Maybe they're right. But our path has been to keep all these and let the user choose. 

Have fun.

J

So instead of having the aspects of the site up and running on the first, it will now be the fifth?! I'm confused! 

So instead of having the aspects of the site up and running on the first, it will now be the fifth?! I'm confused! 
Why fix and offer something people have already paid for before a product you can charge even more money for?  That would just be silly........

Hi 12th,

Can you elaborate on what you mean? We're right on schedule having Draft Dominator and MyFBG ready July 1. Did you mean something else?

J

So the desktop version is not mobile in that it requires internet access?
No, the desktop version should actually not require internet access, after the first time you visit it. It attempts to cache itself into your browser's memory and stores your leagues and draft data in indexeddb or websql depending on what your browser supports.

The desktop version is not mobile, in that it won't load if you're on a phone or tablet.

You should see an alert when you first visit telling you that the website is now available offline. You can try disconnecting from the internet and refreshing the page. If you have any issues with this, please open a ticket with us here: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Not sure what you're talking about. What would be "silly"?

J
Let me put it this way.  After last year's complete debacle with myFBG, I am shocked the reaction this year was "we'll have myFBG ready July 1st".  For many of my dynasty leagues, drafts are over by then and free agency runs have already happened.  So I believe what the other poster was referring to, and I agree with him, is that myFBG should've been fixed long before this, and in my opinion, way before you go asking for more money with this year's version of Mobile DD.  Maybe I misunderstood him.

With that said, I've got a ticket in to help with aspects of myFBG.  I'm not an empty complainer, but find it hard to hold back my sarcasm as shown in my post.  My apologies for that.

Let me put it this way.  After last year's complete debacle with myFBG, I am shocked the reaction this year was "we'll have myFBG ready July 1st".  For many of my dynasty leagues, drafts are over by then and free agency runs have already happened.  So I believe what the other poster was referring to, and I agree with him, is that myFBG should've been fixed long before this, and in my opinion, way before you go asking for more money with this year's version of Mobile DD.  Maybe I misunderstood him.

With that said, I've got a ticket in to help with aspects of myFBG.  I'm not an empty complainer, but find it hard to hold back my sarcasm as shown in my post.  My apologies for that.
Hey @johnb. We have a staff system where we discuss all the projects for the current year. There's a list of projects there, and right at the top of that list it says "#1 - MyFBG". There is no other project that has a #1 designation in that list. It's been beyond our top priority. It's had 3 developers working on it in tandem (myself, Mike Lee and Doug Drinen). The changes we have been making have been far from simple, and the majority of league providers are not even online until June (NFL.com was mid June). We needed to ensure the design decisions we had made would work across all providers, hence why July 1st was our release date.

The mobile Draft Dominator was, consequently, released later than ever this year as I have always prioritized MyFBG when there was work to be done there.

MyFBG will be a year round system from this point onwards. Thanks again for everyone's patience while we got it up and running for this year and for the future. The base we have now we are really happy with and will enable us to continue to grow the product in the direction you guys want.

Thanks for the clarity. Simon answered above how we got here. I know it's impossible for you guys to see but MyFBG has been our highest priority for the last 9 months. The guys are tired of hearing me say it but it's true - MyFBG is without question our highest priority. We would have loved to have it earlier. The reality is July 1 took every ounce we had. Hopefully we're able to now keep it smoothly in place so it's essentially open all year long which I know is what Dynasty Folks want. That's our plan for this year. 

J

Hey @johnb. We have a staff system where we discuss all the projects for the current year. There's a list of projects there, and right at the top of that list it says "#1 - MyFBG". There is no other project that has a #1 designation in that list. It's been beyond our top priority. It's had 3 developers working on it in tandem (myself, Mike Lee and Doug Drinen). The changes we have been making have been far from simple, and the majority of league providers are not even online until June (NFL.com was mid June). We needed to ensure the design decisions we had made would work across all providers, hence why July 1st was our release date.

The mobile Draft Dominator was, consequently, released later than ever this year as I have always prioritized MyFBG when there was work to be done there.

MyFBG will be a year round system from this point onwards. Thanks again for everyone's patience while we got it up and running for this year and for the future. The base we have now we are really happy with and will enable us to continue to grow the product in the direction you guys want.
Completely understand.  I've never thought FBG didn't care about 2016 or weren't continuing to work on it, and you bring up a good point.  Maybe the subset of people that were so vocal and affected were mostly the ones with MFL dynasty leagues.  MFL is functional in the offseason and new leagues online well before June  For me, that's all I do, so to pay for 2016 and then basically go until July to get the benefits of myFBG with waivers, trades, projections, etc. was quite an impact.  

Sorry guys, my bad. I was talking about the "Pro page" content which states that it will be available July 5th, I was thinking everything would be up and going today? This is also my first year with you guys, so that might explain why I got confused! 

Sorry guys, my bad. I was talking about the "Pro page" content which states that it will be available July 5th, I was thinking everything would be up and going today? This is also my first year with you guys, so that might explain why I got confused! 
Thanks. No worries. Yes, everything is ready today as planned. Thanks for being part of FBG.

J

With being new to the site I am not sure what to expect to see today, is there a timeline for other aspects of the site being available or is everything opened today? I am in a 12 team standard keeper league, with a $50 buy in, the draft isn't till middle of August. What can I use this site for now in order to get ready for my leagues draft?!

Thanks 

With being new to the site I am not sure what to expect to see today, is there a timeline for other aspects of the site being available or is everything opened today? I am in a 12 team standard keeper league, with a $50 buy in, the draft isn't till middle of August. What can I use this site for now in order to get ready for my leagues draft?!

Thanks 
Hi 12th. Everything is open now. You can access it all from the home page. I"d spend lot of time on the articles and the rankings and projections under the Forecast tab. Have fun! All that will be continually updated all the way up to the week 1 kickoff and it'll change dramatically between now and your draft. But still good to start now. 

J

Thanks 
You can do mocks and stuff with the dominator.  Be sure to add in your scoring settings.  It's really useful during the draft though.  No more printouts of ADP lists or cheatsheets

Joe/David and team-  just wanted to pass along some kudos.   Last year was brutal and you all took a beating, but in my opinion you have responded well under very difficult circumstances.   As a beta tester for both the myfbg and the mobile  dominator I can speak first hand about the quality of the product.  Both work great and Simon and his team were awesome in their responsiveness to bug fixes and suggestions.  

Keep up the great work fellas!

Took my first spin through the web version of the Draft Dominator and it seems great. This is exactly the product I have hoped for. Drove me crazy I had to pay for the mobile dominator even though I'm a subscriber. 

Anyone else having TEs go crazy in the app?  Seems like the app is valuing them heavy.  I didn't change any of the position weights.

dkp993 said:
Joe/David and team-  just wanted to pass along some kudos.   Last year was brutal and you all took a beating, but in my opinion you have responded well under very difficult circumstances.   As a beta tester for both the myfbg and the mobile  dominator I can speak first hand about the quality of the product.  Both work great and Simon and his team were awesome in their responsiveness to bug fixes and suggestions.  

Keep up the great work fellas!
Thanks dk. It's been a slow grind but we knew all we could do was create something this year folks would like. Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to share. And thanks for the help in making the product better. Hope you have an awesome 2017.

J

tonka said:
Took my first spin through the web version of the Draft Dominator and it seems great. This is exactly the product I have hoped for. Drove me crazy I had to pay for the mobile dominator even though I'm a subscriber. 
I'm glad you like it Tonka. I love it too. The phone is convenient I guess but I love the Draft Dominator Online on my laptop with the bigger view.

J

@ Joe/Simon:

Can you guys confirm that the Mac versions of both the Classic version and the DD Online are full versions exactly like the similar Windows version?  If that is not the case, what is missing from each Mac version, and which mac version has the most bells and whistles?  

Thanks.
We have not communicated very well on the differences between the products and we're going to be doing better at that from here.

DD Classic: this is the version you install on windows and macs. I am not the best person to comment on if the mac version is the same as windows - my understanding is that it is does not have 100% of the features; I would email henderson@footballguys.com and ask for the differences (if any)

DD Online: available on any computer with a modern browser (including macs) this is a completely different app from DD Classic. They don't share a single line of code, but may do some things similarly. Imagine a venn diagram when it comes to feature comparisons between DD Classic and DD Online. They happen to have a lot of the same stuff, but each has things the other doesn't. If you want to be able to customize every single last piece of data that comes into the app (such as your own projections, or 100% customized ADP), DD Classic is still going to be the best bet for you.

Otherwise, DD Online has the better out-of-the-box algorithms to deal with flex calculations and upside, positional need and predicting picks. We have made improvements to the DD Online this year based on feedback, to get more on the screen than before, adding a fourth column, so most of the setups people have been using in DD Classic are now available in DD Online.

DD Online caches itself in your browser and is therefore available at the web address even without a connection.

DD Mobile: the mobile apps are exactly the same as DD Online, in terms of features. On phones, the interface is organised differently so it all fits on the screen. But there are no features in DD Online that are not in the mobile apps, and vice versa. However, the DD Mobile is sold completely separately from the subscription on the iTunes store and on Google play.

Our official, most up-to-date algorithms are in DD Online & DD Mobile. It's those same algorithms we use to generate the cheat sheets on the website.

Is there any thought or update to the draft dominator to support FFWC (Fantasy Football World Championship, Vegas High Stake League, www.playffwc.com)? 

I know they are a competitor to the FFPC (Fantasy Football Player's Championship, your marketing partner), but so is the NFFC (National Fantasy Football Championship, www.playnffc.sportshubtech.com)  and they are supported. 

Is there any thought or update to the draft dominator to support FFWC (Fantasy Football World Championship, Vegas High Stake League, www.playffwc.com)? 

I know they are a competitor to the FFPC (Fantasy Football Player's Championship, your marketing partner), but so is the NFFC (National Fantasy Football Championship, www.playnffc.sportshubtech.com)  and they are supported. 
Sure. I'm not familiar with their exact scoring system but I'd guess you can input it and either get exactly what you want or if not, something very close. 

Good luck,

J

Played with the Draft Dominator Online for an hour or so. Worked great and I thought the mock drafts were accurate for all my different leagues in terms of their scoring and roster requirements. Didn't have to even enter anything either, everything saved from last year. Big thumbs up.

I just checked their scoring and it's all fully supported in the app, with the exception of the dynasty leagues (the Online/Mobile DD does not support dynasty at this time)

I just downloaded the DD web based app and just have a few questions. Is there a better/easier way to see the players get drafted better than the 6 team window on the top right?? It's fine for a mock but when my draft goes live I feel like thats going to be a tough way to keep up. Also like another poster stated, we should be fine using this app while doing an a live draft with no internet connection?

I just downloaded the DD web based app and just have a few questions. Is there a better/easier way to see the players get drafted better than the 6 team window on the top right?? It's fine for a mock but when my draft goes live I feel like thats going to be a tough way to keep up. Also like another poster stated, we should be fine using this app while doing an a live draft with no internet connection?
I'm not sure what you mean by the 6 team window on top right... are you sure you are using the DD Online in your browser as opposed to the DD Classic?

Probably best to continue this over our support ticketing system - head over to https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and submit a request for help there and we'll get back to you.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 6 team window on top right... are you sure you are using the DD Online in your browser as opposed to the DD Classic?

Probably best to continue this over our support ticketing system - head over to https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and submit a request for help there and we'll get back to you.
My apologies, I meant the top left of the screen. Where it lists the upcoming draft order, you're only able to see about 6 picks at a time as they go. Not sure if there is a way to expand this to see a continuous line of recent picks.

seanm said:
My apologies, I meant the top left of the screen. Where it lists the upcoming draft order, you're only able to see about 6 picks at a time as they go. Not sure if there is a way to expand this to see a continuous line of recent picks.
Thanks. If could please let our folks know here https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us they'll do their best to get you going. Thanks.

J

Hi Folks,

To make sure we serve our folks the best we can, we're doing the same thing with customer service with the Draft Dominators as we did with MyFBG. If something isn't working for you or if you have a question, please let us know by using this "Submit a Request" form: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new   We will not use the forums here as the help system. 

Side note that may or may not matter to you. And maybe it's too much but I'll ask anyways. We want nothing more than for this to work perfectly. We know it's frustrating if something doesn't work. But if you can help us with this and try to keep a positive and constructive tone with it, that'll help everyone in the end. I know that's maybe not a "professional" thing for a "business" to ask but I'm asking anyway.

Thanks a ton for the help and feedback. 

We have not communicated very well on the differences between the products and we're going to be doing better at that from here.

DD Classic: this is the version you install on windows and macs. I am not the best person to comment on if the mac version is the same as windows - my understanding is that it is does not have 100% of the features; I would email henderson@footballguys.com and ask for the differences (if any)

DD Online: available on any computer with a modern browser (including macs) this is a completely different app from DD Classic. They don't share a single line of code, but may do some things similarly. Imagine a venn diagram when it comes to feature comparisons between DD Classic and DD Online. They happen to have a lot of the same stuff, but each has things the other doesn't. If you want to be able to customize every single last piece of data that comes into the app (such as your own projections, or 100% customized ADP), DD Classic is still going to be the best bet for you.

Otherwise, DD Online has the better out-of-the-box algorithms to deal with flex calculations and upside, positional need and predicting picks. We have made improvements to the DD Online this year based on feedback, to get more on the screen than before, adding a fourth column, so most of the setups people have been using in DD Classic are now available in DD Online.

DD Online caches itself in your browser and is therefore available at the web address even without a connection.

DD Mobile: the mobile apps are exactly the same as DD Online, in terms of features. On phones, the interface is organised differently so it all fits on the screen. But there are no features in DD Online that are not in the mobile apps, and vice versa. However, the DD Mobile is sold completely separately from the subscription on the iTunes store and on Google play.

Our official, most up-to-date algorithms are in DD Online & DD Mobile. It's those same algorithms we use to generate the cheat sheets on the website.
David, Simon,

I really enjoyed the DD Online last year when I was testing it, but I can't seem to FIND it.

The links in the first post go to a page to go get the Mobile Version.  All references I can find on the FBG HomePage (after logging in with my subscription) point to DD Classic.

Can someone hook me up with the location?

David, Simon,

I really enjoyed the DD Online last year when I was testing it, but I can't seem to FIND it.

The links in the first post go to a page to go get the Mobile Version.  All references I can find on the FBG HomePage (after logging in with my subscription) point to DD Classic.

Can someone hook me up with the location?
As Hank said, look under Apps on the toolbar at the top of the page.  It will lead you to http://www.footballguys.com/footballguys-dominator-online.php

I just checked their scoring and it's all fully supported in the app, with the exception of the dynasty leagues (the Online/Mobile DD does not support dynasty at this time)
I am very happy and the app works great, I rated it 5 stars for what you advertised.  But...... LOL.....  The sooner that dynasty/keeper is integrated and feeds work from MFL, etc it will be the perfect app (I did not downgrade this because you explicitly said dynasty/keeper were not incorporated yet.

Might I highly recommend adding in live draft sync with the main leagues for next year... CBS, MFL, Yahoo, ESPN, etc... I know there is a competing tool that does it (as some league-mates used it last year) and it makes me jealous as it really messes up my draft if I somehow miss a pick with this tool!  While it's of course good in that it makes me pay attention to every person's picks, it does get tedious having to enter every pick correctly before I can make mine... such as if I need to step away for a few minutes during the draft, it can be stressful and hectic to catch up again!

In the original post ...

So...I see new options regarding subscriptions.  Historically, you buy the subscription, you get the DD included as well as the contests.  Do I have to pay for DD now?  I see links to app store where I can purchase for another $5. 

Simon, as always fantastic work! All 3 apps (DD, Lineup Dominator, and Waiver & Trade Dominator) are sick. Elegant designs, beautiful user friendly interfaces, and great support if a question/issue arises. I highly suggest everyone to check them out and decide which app best suits their specific needs. They are all priced at $4.99, so they don't break the bank. Check them out guys!

Might I highly recommend adding in live draft sync with the main leagues for next year... CBS, MFL, Yahoo, ESPN, etc... I know there is a competing tool that does it (as some league-mates used it last year) and it makes me jealous as it really messes up my draft if I somehow miss a pick with this tool!  While it's of course good in that it makes me pay attention to every person's picks, it does get tedious having to enter every pick correctly before I can make mine... such as if I need to step away for a few minutes during the draft, it can be stressful and hectic to catch up again!
I agree with this. I have been trying the competing tool and it does make drafting so much easier. I like the DD interface and usability better but it is a big tradeoff to not have the sync capability. 

So...I see new options regarding subscriptions.  Historically, you buy the subscription, you get the DD included as well as the contests.  Do I have to pay for DD now?  I see links to app store where I can purchase for another $5. 
DD Online is included. Mobile apps are sold separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread