What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Page For Footballguys Rankings - 7.13.23 Update: Tiers Now Live (1 Viewer)

Really disappointed that the projection page features aren't working. I have my only draft starting Monday and my most needed tool isn't available. Yes I did ping the help desk and they said it would be a week for it to be complete. :sadbanana:

Our apologies. The reality is they've been focused on the rankings page. The actual projections are working perfecting driving all our Draft Dominator data and also influencing the rankings page. Our projections are current and I think best in the business right now. But the page where they're displayed in detail still is about a week away from full functionality.

It's unfortunately a situation where we simply don't have the manpower to do everything we want and are forced to make decisions focusing on the most used features. Our goal is to have zero % of the people disappointed 365 days a year. But sometimes we miss there.

Really disappointed that the projection page features aren't working. I have my only draft starting Monday and my most needed tool isn't available. Yes I did ping the help desk and they said it would be a week for it to be complete. :sadbanana:

Our apologies. The reality is they've been focused on the rankings page. The actual projections are working perfecting driving all our Draft Dominator data and also influencing the rankings page. Our projections are current and I think best in the business right now. But the page where they're displayed in detail still is about a week away from full functionality.

It's unfortunately a situation where we simply don't have the manpower to do everything we want and are forced to make decisions focusing on the most used features. Our goal is to have zero % of the people disappointed 365 days a year. But sometimes we miss there.
Thanks. I understand, rankings drive subscriptions. I've always deferred to the projections because I think your top talent is there, they generally make all the numbers add up, and they aren't making statements without putting pen to paper. I tried the dominator but it had Mahomes as QB1 ranked 150th overall. I'm way behind the curve this year so I'm not comfortable moving the sliders to adjust that...meaning this year I need to relay on the work you guys are doing and not my own.

In some cases, we also used to be able to hover over the individual expert rankings in the table for a pop up window that provided context to why they ranked the player where they did.

Are those options gone? Coming soon? Or please direct me if there is a method to view them I am not aware of.

Hi @J Giles Band No, those options are not gone. They're just moved so they're better and easier to compare notes. On the rankings page https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/duration/preseason you may see a little blue text bubble to the right of the players name and team. If you click on that, you'll see all the comments by the rankers and the dates the comment were written. Makes it much easier to compare and get all the comments in one place.
Thanks Joe

Thanks. I understand, rankings drive subscriptions. I've always deferred to the projections because I think your top talent is there, they generally make all the numbers add up, and they aren't making statements without putting pen to paper. I tried the dominator but it had Mahomes as QB1 ranked 150th overall. I'm way behind the curve this year so I'm not comfortable moving the sliders to adjust that...meaning this year I need to relay on the work you guys are doing and not my own.

Not sure what would cause Mahomes to be that low for you in the overall ranking in the Draft Dominator. The Rankings Page will have nearly identical rankings to the Draft Dominator given the same scoring and Mahomes is ranked overall #27 https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/duration/preseason?pos=all

Please file a ticket at www.footballguys.com/help and click "contact support" and they will have a few questions for you and can look at your specific league to see what's happening there.

Count me as also disappointed. DD not letting me switch drafts. Have multiple drafts going on at the same time! Have to use it on my mobile device, as it is not working in my chrome laptop. Worked fine from this device last year.

Yes I contacted support #56973 (no help). Yes, I cleared the cache, Yes I rebooted the device. As an older guy it sucks using the phone. :frown:

I really like the Tiers addition.

We get to choose our draft slots in one league, and the tiers are great for letting me know where potential drop-offs are.

We get to choose our draft slots in one league, and the tiers are great for letting me know where potential drop-offs are.

Thanks @Hurl Bruce . This was a seemingly small but important upgrade this year and I'm super happy with how it came out.
Joe, how are the tiers determined? I assume it's based on VBD, but I don't see exactly how they are determined. I have it set to my league parameters and they look reasonable, but, for Overall, I have 1 player in Tier 1 (Jefferson), 9 players in Tier 2, 1 player in Tier 3 (Stefon Diggs), 4 players in Tier 4. I find it interesting to see only Diggs in Tier 3.

Thanks @Hurl Bruce . This was a seemingly small but important upgrade this year and I'm super happy with how it came out.
Joe, how are the tiers determined? I assume it's based on VBD, but I don't see exactly how they are determined. I have it set to my league parameters and they look reasonable, but, for Overall, I have 1 player in Tier 1 (Jefferson), 9 players in Tier 2, 1 player in Tier 3 (Stefon Diggs), 4 players in Tier 4. I find it interesting to see only Diggs in Tier 3.

It uses probably the most standard and well-known method for grouping objects in data sets in computer science, k-means clustering. For fantasy football, that means taking the VBD scores of all the players, and assigning them to a tier. It finds the two closest tiers, merges them into one, and sets the tier's new score to be the mean of those two players. It then iterates over the data again, finding the two closest tiers again, and on until it has "K" number of tiers. In this case "K" is the number of players divided by the number of teams. But what you'll find is that VBD scores are way more different at the top of a list than the bottom, so there tend to be far fewer players per tier at the top of a cheatsheet than the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread