What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL GamePass Streaming SmartDNS (1 Viewer)

stickboy

Footballguy
The NFL GamePass from Europe provides live streaming of games.  Many of the SmartDNS solutions (access site via a DNS in Europe) allow cord cutters to access the streaming from anywhere, e.g., when traveling.  This year (2017 season) NFL GamePass has a new site.  Has anyone found a SmartDNS that has updated to the new site?  My previous provider (Overplay) is brain dead, and does not plan to update until they get more user requests.

We’re excited to announce that we’re rolling out a new NFL Game Pass platform for the 2017 season. It’s exclusively for European fans and will be brought to you by a new service provider.

We have a new home at www.nflgamepass.com which is available now on PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet web browsers. We are continuing to update the NFL content archive, plus adding new features before the start of the 2017 season. Your new, dedicated NFL Game Pass mobile and connected TV apps will be available by August 1st. We’ve also listened to our 2016 season subscribers and will be adding new functionality to make NFL Game Pass better than ever in 2017.

I might be over my head with the tech items, but I thought the whole Game Pass wasn't exclusively European. I thought you took a VPN and signed up for Game Pass using the country with the cheapest price. 

GamePass isn't exclusively European.  Its the official subscription service for any international fan (of which I am one).

This off-season however, GamePass has gone from being one service that provides for all outside the US to using 3 different operators each servicing a different region - Europe, Canada and the "Rest of the World".

Legalities aside, I'd imagine if you were going to access GamePass through a VPN, you'd get the same service regardless of the region you're using so you'd just choose the cheapest option

Yes, a VPN is an alternative, but it slows the traffic significantly.  High speed DNS re-routing is a preferred method for video streaming.  Just looking for a vendor who is doing this for the European offering.

Anyone do this last year with good results? I'm wanting to drop DirecTV but Sunday ticket is the only thing keeping me. This is probably the next best option but I'm looking for reviews of people running this international version. 

Users who are viewing this thread