What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (2 Viewers)

Here is my team:

1.11 - LeShaun McCoy

2.02 - Devante Freeman

8.02 - Doug Martin

3.11 - Golden Tate

4.02 - Michael Crabtree

5.11 - Emmanuel Sanders

6.02 - Brandon Marshall

7.11 Delanie Walker

I really like how this team has come together.  In fact, I liked it so much, I felt I could take an upside RB in Martin, where normally I would have taken the safe route.  Getting Walker at 7.11 was key...he was gone in the draft where I owned the 8.02 pick, so just happy to have a TE I feel comfortable enough with.  Now I don't need to go back-to-back at TE (or get a third) when dealing with the low-end guys.  Now I can pick my spot for QB, and continue to build my core team out.

Now I get it...yeah, that is a nice move.  When you pulled this off last year, I think you ended with a little bad luck (top players being a little banged up, later guys not coming through).  In fact, IIRC, you got off to a slow start, but started to gain steam at the end (it was just too late).  Curious to see how this one goes.
I just can't get over the fact that the guy said this to Bass:

Thanks for showing interest in a trade.  I'm looking for someone who, like me, thinks DJ is the undisputed top FF talent this year and it isn't close
... and then promptly let him go for +4% Dodds value without even getting a first-rounder back in the deal. Go Bass go!

Here is my team:

1.11 - LeShaun McCoy

2.02 - Devante Freeman

8.02 - Doug Martin

3.11 - Golden Tate

4.02 - Michael Crabtree

5.11 - Emmanuel Sanders

6.02 - Brandon Marshall

7.11 Delanie Walker
Loving this team so far. RB-RB followed by WR-heavy seems like far and away the best way to go in snake drafts this year and it really makes this team that Walker was still there for you in the 7th.

As far as QB goes, let's tag team and try to nab our respective targets in the D/F drafts. I've got my eye on your 11th-rounder in particular if Dalton is still OTB at that point.

Loving this team so far. RB-RB followed by WR-heavy seems like far and away the best way to go in snake drafts this year and it really makes this team that Walker was still there for you in the 7th.

As far as QB goes, let's tag team and try to nab our respective targets in the D/F drafts. I've got my eye on your 11th-rounder in particular if Dalton is still OTB at that point.
Sounds good...yes, i would have been in panic mode if I missed on Walker...I would have likely waited a round or two on Ebron (or over paid for him), and then felt the need to grab a Jack Doyle as coverage (and play the "guess who to play" game each week).  Let's be sure to tag team regarding QB...I am a big Rivers guy, so he is always on my list around this time.  We can certainly swap picks to help each other out.

Here is my team:

1.11 - LeShaun McCoy

2.02 - Devante Freeman

8.02 - Doug Martin

3.11 - Golden Tate

4.02 - Michael Crabtree

5.11 - Emmanuel Sanders

6.02 - Brandon Marshall

7.11 Delanie Walker

I really like how this team has come together.  In fact, I liked it so much, I felt I could take an upside RB in Martin, where normally I would have taken the safe route.  Getting Walker at 7.11 was key...he was gone in the draft where I owned the 8.02 pick, so just happy to have a TE I feel comfortable enough with.  Now I don't need to go back-to-back at TE (or get a third) when dealing with the low-end guys.  Now I can pick my spot for QB, and continue to build my core team out.
:banned:

Roeth

Bell, Prosise, Forte, Kamara, Joe Williams

Cooks, Baldwin, Tate, Bryant, Moncrief, DJax, Perriman

Graham

Crosby

NE DEF

12.12F and 18.11B to go.

Roeth

Bell, Prosise, Forte, Kamara, Joe Williams

Cooks, Baldwin, Tate, Bryant, Moncrief, DJax, Perriman

Graham

Crosby

NE DEF

12.12F and 18.11B to go.
Neat take on the lineups.  Definitely can see you going 1-4-1 some weeks.  One (if not more) of the rest of your RB stable should surface a startable players after Bell, and I can't imagine more than a team or two having a better WR group than you in the whole thing...nicely done!

Neat take on the lineups.  Definitely can see you going 1-4-1 some weeks.  One (if not more) of the rest of your RB stable should surface a startable players after Bell, and I can't imagine more than a team or two having a better WR group than you in the whole thing...nicely done!
I've got one more play I might make, but we will see how things go... :ph34r:

Having a little buyer's remorse on Duke Johnson over ADP.  Did get my guy in Rivers though.I have four solid WRs, but need to work on that group next.

Sweet Love said:
Draft Calvin Johnson and try to coax him out of retirement?
Was hoping Zeke would get drafted late enough that folks might consider a flip for a Cooks/Baldwin type.  Should have enough support with the rest of my WR core that I could make that work, but don't see it happening if folks are viewing him as an early 2nd as opposed to early 3rd.

Was hoping Zeke would get drafted late enough that folks might consider a flip for a Cooks/Baldwin type.  Should have enough support with the rest of my WR core that I could make that work, but don't see it happening if folks are viewing him as an early 2nd as opposed to early 3rd.
Yeah, I had a guy at 1.08 reach out to me asking me if I wanted to trade McCoy for the pick (to get Zeke)...he ended up taking McCoy on his own, but shows the perceived value out there...too risky for me.

Yeah, I had a guy at 1.08 reach out to me asking me if I wanted to trade McCoy for the pick (to get Zeke)...he ended up taking McCoy on his own, but shows the perceived value out there...too risky for me.

I was wondering if he'd be in the mix at the 2/3 turn.  6 weeks is 50% of the season in this league.  Add in a bye and you would only get him for 5 of 12 weeks.  The suspension would have to be reduced 2-3 weeks for him to even come close to hitting value at early 2nd round cost.

2.11Cardnl1b (HUD 2H)Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR8:28:27 a.m.

2.12jerryskids (LW Ronin 1H)Gurley, Todd LAR RB9:34:24 a.m.

3.01jerryskids (LW Ronin 1H)Cooks, Brandin NEP WR9:41:25 a.m.

3.02Cardnl1b (HUD 2H)Pryor, Terrelle WAS WR9:46:34 a.m.

3.03Whaley88 (HUD 5G)Watkins, Sammy LAR WR10:47:48 a.m.

Really glad I traded my 2/3 turn picks for DJ and a 10th.

QB Rivers, T.Taylor
RB McCaffrey, Ingram, T.Coleman, J.White, D.Washington
WR Beckham, G.Tate, E.Sanders, A.Thielen, R.Matthews, R.Anderson
TE Gronkowski, D.Walker
PK Crosby
DEF Giants

16th round pick remaining

I'm sure I could have done better, but I feel ok with this group. just need Gronk to stay healthy and a breakout RB or two.

I was wondering if he'd be in the mix at the 2/3 turn.  6 weeks is 50% of the season in this league.  Add in a bye and you would only get him for 5 of 12 weeks.  The suspension would have to be reduced 2-3 weeks for him to even come close to hitting value at early 2nd round cost.
Hey Bass...I was wondering about this...I think your post may be a little misleading (maybe to a newbie)....while its true the REGULAR SEASON is only 12 weeks....every team makes the "playoffs" even if at the water boy level....so its not like you are done after week 12....no matter who you are....having Zeke for the playoff push would be a nice addition and a difference maker....let alone for the last 5 weeks of the regular season....don't get me wrong, I see the drop in value, but if the makeup of your team can carry him for the first 7 weeks...you still get a whole second half....

Sweet Love said:
Having a little buyer's remorse on Duke Johnson over ADP.  Did get my guy in Rivers though.I have four solid WRs, but need to work on that group next.
I wouldn't worry about the Duke pick....I like him there. Speaking of WR's, do you, or anyone else have any interest in either Decker (taken 8.12/#96) or Matthews (11.01/#121) from TEN? 

Honestly, I effed up when I took Matthews. .....forgot I had Decker. Like to claim that I just reached out to grab value but, that wasn't the case. I kinda like both obviously, would part with either one.

Hey Bass...I was wondering about this...I think your post may be a little misleading (maybe to a newbie)....while its true the REGULAR SEASON is only 12 weeks....every team makes the "playoffs" even if at the water boy level....so its not like you are done after week 12....no matter who you are....having Zeke for the playoff push would be a nice addition and a difference maker....let alone for the last 5 weeks of the regular season....don't get me wrong, I see the drop in value, but if the makeup of your team can carry him for the first 7 weeks...you still get a whole second half....
Might be.

You have to make the top tier (25%) to be eligible for a championship title.  The other problem with him being out at the beginning of the season is that's when all the other teams aren't missing player's due to byes and injury and you don't have teams not submitting lineups and doing other studio stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the Duke pick....I like him there. Speaking of WR's, do you, or anyone else have any interest in either Decker (taken 8.12/#96) or Matthews (11.01/#121) from TEN? 

Honestly, I effed up when I took Matthews. .....forgot I had Decker. Like to claim that I just reached out to grab value but, that wasn't the case. I kinda like both obviously, would part with either one.
Possibly on Matthews...let me see what it looks like when I get a little closer.

I went to bed about 20 minutes before the guy picked in front of me, so I got stuck on the overnight AND had a meeting in the morning.  Cousins was sticking out in D (along with Hunt, ADP and Duke) and there was far less value in F with my 10.02 (which I was also just one pick away on).  If I had time, I may have tried to trade down to get some value, but I could feel the Barbarians at the Gate and just selected Duke.

4 FBG teams currently with Matty Ice pulling the trigger with some still to draft......
And assuming he makes it one more pick, I'm about to become the third FBG with Tyrod.

Considering we have one backup QB between all 12 teams so far, if either of those two guys goes down in the preseason we are seriously boned.

And assuming he makes it one more pick, I'm about to become the third FBG with Tyrod.

Considering we have one backup QB between all 12 teams so far, if either of those two guys goes down in the preseason we are seriously boned.
bass will go in tilt in about round 14 and just start snagging like 4-5 of them...its all good

Thoughts on last pick? Not feeling as good about tygoat after losing Watkins so leaning towards qb
like what you have done and IMO I think you could upgrade at QB and it would make you really strong.....BUF likes to run the ball first and there will should be some pass heavy QB's available at 8.10....

draft A would have had you sniffing Winston/Mariota/Cousins/Ben/ Dak/Stafford/Rivers....maybe more if history holds true with QB's falling in later drafts.....also a teammate might be able to help if something falls even further in one of their drafts and you are ok with parting with one of your 9-13 guys or something....but if some tremendous value at another position falls to 8.10 that you can't pass up, you can roll with Taylor and pick something up off the WW pretty quickly....at least Taylor has the Jets week 1...

So far...

QB: Ryan

RB: L. Miller, Crowell, McCaffrey, Gillislee

WR: Julio, Fitz, E. Sanders, Rob. Anderson

Still a lot to go..Still have 8.07, 10.09  12.09  13.04  14.09  15.04  16.09  17.04  18.09

I'm warming up to this squad.

6.04E - QB Matt Ryan ATL
1.09E - RB LeSean McCoy BUF
2.04E - RB Melvin Gordon LAC
7.03D - RB Spencer Ware KCC
3.09E - WR Allen Robinson JAC
4.04E - WR Michael Crabtree OAK
13.01B - WR Ted Ginn Jr. NOS
4.08F - TE Greg Olsen CAR
6.10H
12.04E - WR John Ross CIN
12.06E - WR Nelson Agholar, PHI
13.07E - WR Laquan Treadwell, MIN
13.09E - TE Austin Hooper, ATL
14.04E
15.09E
16.04E
17.09E
18.04E

Just spent 4 picks on reward plays with low floors, but in this league viable depth is usually available. Feel like I can go to either RB or WR with that 6.10, although a safe WR would probably be the smarter play....without it I'll need one of Ginn/Agholar/Treadwell/Ross to hit above draft position. No clue where to go with upcoming 14.04. Don't care much for any of the RBs (Bernard, Sproles, Vereen...maybe upshot on Kamara or Dion Lewis?), but have already taken 4 WR darts in this range (Beasley, Shepherd, Funchess, Boldin available) THoughts?

winston, tygoat
Jay Ajayi, D. Woodhead, B. Powell, ware, T. West,  burkhead

OBJ, Snead, Sanders, T. Williams, B. Perriman, JJ Nelson, john ross

Kelce

atlanta

caleb sturgis

Went ahead and traded the 8.10 H for Winston so my team is done thanks for the heads up on that Mr. I.

renesauz said:
Just spent 4 picks on reward plays with low floors, but in this league viable depth is usually available. Feel like I can go to either RB or WR with that 6.10, although a safe WR would probably be the smarter play....without it I'll need one of Ginn/Agholar/Treadwell/Ross to hit above draft position. No clue where to go with upcoming 14.04. Don't care much for any of the RBs (Bernard, Sproles, Vereen...maybe upshot on Kamara or Dion Lewis?), but have already taken 4 WR darts in this range (Beasley, Shepherd, Funchess, Boldin available) THoughts?
IMO with McCoy, Gordon, and Ware already in tow your remaining RBs can be luxury picks. I wouldn't bother with a low-ceiling guy like Sproles or Vereen, instead I'd target whatever name you like best from the "unproven youth" category (Mack, Washington, etc.) or maybe even Latavius if you're as lukewarm on Dalvin Cook as I am.

ETA: Looks like you're OTC with that pick now ...

Last edited by a moderator:
2.11 Murray, DeMarco TEN RB    RB10
3.04 Fournette, Leonard JAC RB    RB10
10.11 Riddick, Theo DET RB    RB41

1.10 Nelson, Jordy GBP WR    WR6
5.05 Bryant, Martavis PIT WR    WR28
8.01 Decker, Eric TEN WR    WR40
10.01 Thielen, Adam MIN WR    WR48
10.03 Britt, Kenny CLE WR    WR50
14.03 Beasley, Cole DAL WR    WR61

3.05 Kelce, Travis KCC TE    TE2
15.12 Engram, Evan NYG TE    TE25

17.10 Jaguars, J'ville JAC Def     DST9    
18.03 Sturgis, Caleb PHI PK    PK12

6.05G [65] 
8.04G [88] 
10.07D [115]
12.04G [136] 
13.01F [145] 

I'm three picks away from OTC in D with three guys I really like still sitting there at positions of need for me, so that pick is spoken for. My plan all along was to package my 6th and 8th to move up into the 4th and grab another potential stud WR ... but it's been tough to get a hold of folks because both drafts have slowed ... to a ... glacial ... pace ....  :sleep:

Looking forward to multiple one-year bans getting handed out for the '18 season!   :whistle:

6.01A - QB Matt Ryan ATL

Plug and play...should be ok...

1.12A - RB Devonta Freeman ATL
8.03B - RB LeGarrette Blount PHI
9.12A - RB Samaje Perine WAS
10.01A - RB James White NEP
12.09C - RB Thomas Rawls SEA
18.01A - RB Chris Thompson WAS

This boat could take on some water if Freeman misses time...I look at Blount/White as possible flex plays some/most weeks if needed...little buyers remorse currently on Perine as he seems to be losing steam from the preseason hype....my gut says Rawls ends up being a steal and possible every week play when Lacy doesn't work out....Thompson PPR flex if needed

2.01E - WR Jordy Nelson GBP
3.12A - WR Tyreek Hill KCC
4.01A - WR Terrelle Pryor WAS
7.12A - WR Corey Davis TEN
11.12A - WR Tyler Lockett SEA
14.01A - WR Anquan Boldin FA
14.10C - WR Cole Beasley DAL

I probably like this group waaaaaaaaay more than most will....feel I'm solid at the top 3....two upside guys in Davis and Lockett that if they assume the roles I think, could be nice additions...and then two steady eddy guys in Boldin/Beasley for some depth....Beasley is probably a weekly flex play in this league anyway IMO as he finsihed as WR32 and averaged over 11 points a week last year....probably reached a ton for Boldin but curious what his role may be now...

5.12A - TE Martellus Bennett GBP
16.01A - TE C.J. Fiedorowicz HOU

Decide late that I should probably snag a serviceable TE in case Bennett gets dinged in preseason....I probably should have invested an earlier pick on a higher upside guy...

17.12A - PK Wil Lutz NOS
13.12A - Def Kansas City Chiefs KCC

Almost took a different DST late as KC plays NE week one and I can't add anything before season....

Overall I feel like I will submit a pretty strong starting group each week....flex spot is only real decision each week (when no bye issues).... :banned:

@Clash of the Titans :hi dag: or anyone else who's been studying this stuff.

I'm up in 6 picks in G.  Currently looking at Adams, Watkins, Crabtree, Fitzgerald, Bryant, Mixon, Olsen, Edelman (in H).  Any strong thoughts here?  

Current roster

RB: David Johnson

WR: Antonio Brown

I won't have any more picks until 6.10, 6.12, and 7.2.  Looking at Woodhead/Powell/Ware, Ertz/Ruldoph, Cobb/T.Williams/J.Brown in that range.

I'm up in 6 picks in G.  Currently looking at Adams, Watkins, Crabtree, Fitzgerald, Bryant, Mixon, Olsen, Edelman (in H).  Any strong thoughts here?  

Current roster

I won't have any more picks until 6.10, 6.12, and 7.2.  Looking at Woodhead/Powell/Ware, Ertz/Ruldoph, Cobb/T.Williams/J.Brown in that range.
I would go Crabtree or Adams...maybe less upside than a Bryant or Watkins, but you need a conservative pick here (IMO).

Current roster

those 2 gone now

Sorry to snipe you on Fitz there Bass. Gave up 3% Dodds but well worth it for one of the premier PPR studs IMO.

I'd agree with the masses on Bryant. Built-in insurance for Brown plus unlimited upside.

Sorry to snipe you on Fitz there Bass. Gave up 3% Dodds but well worth it for one of the premier PPR studs IMO.

I'd agree with the masses on Bryant. Built-in insurance for Brown plus unlimited upside.
I guess I just think it is risky to have your WR1 and WR2 from the same team.  Someone covered a draft for me about 8 or so years ago and drafted me Fitz, Boldin and Breaston (after each had a 1k season).  I got slaughtered that year.  Rarely did both but up starter numbers, and when the QB was off, it was an automatic loss. Just my opinion.

Ended up moving over into the other draft to get Crabtree since he was the consensus here.  Ended up giving up 6.12 for 7.4 to move up one spot and flip drafts.  I think it was worth it.

Hoping to get Prosise, McFadden or ADP with my 10.07 and of course they went 10.04, 10.05 and 10.06.  :rant:

Anyone have a strong preference between Gore and Duke Johnson? Been offered both for my OTC 10.07. Either would be my RB4 so don't mind targeting floor over ceiling as I'll still have two more slots to fill with dart throws.

ETA: Went ahead and moved the pick for Gore. Not exciting by any means but nice to know he'll be there as a fallback if Fournette falls on his face. Now it's time to sift through what's there in Rounds 12+ at QB ...  :lol:

Now I'm being offered Duke Johnson for my 10.9. Lol.  I'm also in need of a TE. Considering Ebron, Witten, Hooper at this spot. Not sure I need another back, like Johnson, but there also aren't many good values left at RB that would be at least decent flex and bye week filler.  He'd be my RB5. Already have a better version of him with McCaffrey. Still have an 8th I could pickup a decent TE. Any thoughts out there either way?

:unsure:

Now I'm being offered Duke Johnson for my 10.9. Lol.  I'm also in need of a TE. Considering Ebron, Witten, Hooper at this spot. Not sure I need another back, like Johnson, but there also aren't many good values left at RB that would be at least decent flex and bye week filler.  He'd be my RB5. Already have a better version of him with McCaffrey. Still have an 8th I could pickup a decent TE. Any thoughts out there either way?

Ertz might make it to the 8th but not a lot else that's better than Ebron.  Might be a better RB/WR available there.  I'd probably go Ebron if you like him and flex option in the 8th.

Ertz might make it to the 8th but not a lot else that's better than Ebron.  Might be a better RB/WR available there.  I'd probably go Ebron if you like him and flex option in the 8th.
I took the Duke Johnson trade for 10.9.  Hopefully Ebron or better will be there at 8.8

walker made it to 8.10 in A....Ebron went 8.02...ertz 7.09

Users who are viewing this thread