What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty makes you a better redraft player! (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
Pure and simple.  Want to become a better fantasy football player in your redraft leagues?  Join a dynasty league! 

I've been in redraft leagues since 1999.  I started a dynasty league in 2006.  Since 2006 I have noticed I draft and manage my redraft teams way better.  

dynasty leaguers research the beach out of rookies.  I have a distinct leg up on my competition in my redraft league BC of this.  

Just the other day a guy in my redraft league compared fournette to Eddie lacy, saying that he's a straight line runner with no speed or agility to his game.  That's the impression he has of fournette!  He's basing this off of almost no research.  I LOVE that he thinks this.  I know that a better comp for fournette might be Adrian Peterson, BC I have spent hours and hours researching him and watching game tape.  Redraft players don't do that!

because dynasty leaguers research rookies so much they also tend to follow players in the NFL that had promise as a rookie and a prolific college career, but who have not yet broken out.  They might put that player on their redraft team when they think their time is coming.  

Great example of this: last year marquess lee overtook Allen hurns as the #2 in Jax.  Redraft players were all in on hurns and totally dismissed lee.  Dynasty leaguers knew that lee was a prolific college wr who has just been hampered by injury to start his NFL career. They also knew that jax had way more invested in lee than hurns (draft wise), and that they wanted lee to work out.  

I had lee on my team in my redraft league before the hurns owner knew what hit him. 

Has anyone else had this experience? That being a dynasty player makes you way better at hitting the lottery with picks in your redraft leagues?

Users who are viewing this thread