Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Hilts

The Hillary Clinton thread. 'Done' but not going away.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Henry Clay lost 3 times. Daniel Webster, William Jennings Bryant- there are some losers that we respect and revere. 

Most of us can immediately recall exactly what each of these three people is remembered for.  Hillary has no similar accomplishments.  The comparison here is Adlai Stevenson, not William Jennings Bryant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Hillary Clinton‏ @HillaryClinton Jan 21

I thought everyone wanted my authentic, unvarnished views!

But to be serious, the number one priority for our country and world is retiring Trump, and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1219773503735508992

I think most people just want you to go away, Hillary

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, squistion said:

Hillary Clinton‏ @HillaryClinton Jan 21

I thought everyone wanted my authentic, unvarnished views!

But to be serious, the number one priority for our country and world is retiring Trump, and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1219773503735508992

In other words, her authentic, unvarnished view is she hates Sanders and won’t support him if he’s the nominee.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ren hoek said:

In other words, her authentic, unvarnished view is she hates Sanders and won’t support him if he’s the nominee.  

No. She literally said in the bolded you quoted: and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

If Sanders in the nominee, she will support him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Most of us can immediately recall exactly what each of these three people is remembered for.  Hillary has no similar accomplishments.  The comparison here is Adlai Stevenson, not William Jennings Bryant.

Hillary will be remembered as the first female major party nominee.  That was her significant accomplishment.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Hillary will be remembered as the first female major party nominee.  That was her significant accomplishment.

And winning the popular vote against the subsequently impeached and disgraced POTUS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squistion said:

And winning the popular vote against the subsequently impeached and disgraced POTUS. 

AKA losing the election to an impeached and disgraced POTUS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squistion said:

And winning the popular vote against the subsequently impeached and disgraced POTUS. 

Um.....I don't know if she wants to tie herself to that. She LOST to the subsequently impeached POTUS..Couldn't even beat him--or actually anyone in the general election.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squistion said:

disgraced POTUS.

:cry:

Disgraced? How is Donald disgraced? Was he the “most qualified person” to ever run for president and yet lose? Did he claim to be Native American but yet at best be 1/1024 Native American? Disgraced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

How is Trump proactively trying to imprison Hillary? Specifically. 

This is documented in the Mueller Report, if you’re interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

This is documented in the Mueller Report, if you’re interested.

I am aware, but it was my understanding that it covered Trump’s attempts in ‘17 and ‘18 to get an investigation into Hillary going. Gunz presented it in the present tense and I am simply curious if Trump is still actively trying to get her investigated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

So nothing current, just 2018.

I think it was 2017 when Trump tried to get Sessions to lock her up and he refused. But 2017 counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

I think it was 2017 when Trump tried to get Sessions to lock her up and he refused. But 2017 counts.

It counts but I took Gunz comment that this is still something Trump is trying to do currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Hillary will be remembered as the first female major party nominee.  That was her significant accomplishment.

That's one step up from Geraldine Ferraro, and still nowhere near Henry Clay.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HellToupee said:

Disgraced? How is Donald disgraced? Was he the “most qualified person” to ever run for president and yet lose? Did he claim to be Native American but yet at best be 1/1024 Native American? Disgraced?

Impeachment is considered a disgrace, not a badge of honor. He will always be remembered for that, along with Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. His impeachment will be mentioned in the first paragraph of every obituary once he passes. 

As Nancy Pelosi said to Trump on Bill Maher's show: "You are impeached forever"

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/478906-pelosi-offers-message-to-trump-on-bill-maher-show-you-are-impeached-forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

That's one step up from Geraldine Ferraro, and still nowhere near Henry Clay.  

I don't disagree.  Although I think the step between Ferraro and Hillary is pretty large.  Ferraro was plucked out of relative obscurity to become a running mate for a candidate that got blown out in the election.  Hillary actually won her party's primaries to become the nominee, and she came very close to winning the general election.   Her accomplishment seems much more impressive than Ferraro's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

That's one step up from Geraldine Ferraro, and still nowhere near Henry Clay.  

Ahead of William Jennings Bryan, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, squistion said:

And winning the popular vote against the subsequently impeached and disgraced POTUS. 

The  USA constitution states is the POTUS is elected by states won.   Hillary lost the states by a large margin 30-20.  If you have watched the news the last couple of months we all know how many times the constitution has been mentioned as a guide for the country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Most of us can immediately recall exactly what each of these three people is remembered for.  Hillary has no similar accomplishments.  The comparison here is Adlai Stevenson, not William Jennings Bryant.

If I were Hillary I’d take that as well. Adlai Stevenson has an excellent legacy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, squistion said:

No. She literally said in the bolded you quoted: and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

If Sanders in the nominee, she will support him. 

She admits in the tweet that those were her 'authentic' views.  After Sanders did so much to get her elected.  It's clear she hates him.

As far as her later hedge otherwise, I'll believe it when I see it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, squistion said:

Hillary Clinton‏ @HillaryClinton Jan 21

I thought everyone wanted my authentic, unvarnished views!

But to be serious, the number one priority for our country and world is retiring Trump, and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1219773503735508992

Please help me do what I failed so miserably at.   

Her smugness at thinking she was a lock to win is what I'll always remember.  

Trump didnt win.  She lost it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a great line about Hillary.  "It's too bad she lost, because if she had won, she would have to sit every day at that desk."

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, Getzlaf15 said:

Please help me do what I failed so miserably at.   

Her smugness at thinking she was a lock to win is what I'll always remember.  

Trump didnt win.  She lost it. 

no kidding. I think at this point if Hillary Clinton wants to do anything to help retire Trump she just needs to go away and never come back. 

If she stands behind the current candidate they're guaranteed to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

no kidding. I think at this point if Hillary Clinton wants to do anything to help retire Trump she just needs to go away and never come back. 

If she stands behind the current candidate they're guaranteed to lose.

Appears her attacking Bernie has helped him in Iowa rise in the polls this week.  People see right through that crap.

 

Lee Fang

@lhfang

The very least popular elements of the left come from the liberal pundits, elite academics and other upper crust Dem establishment types constantly engaging in bad-faith moral scolding. These smears against Bernie might end up only enhancing his popularity, people see through it.

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/clinton-says-zuckerberg-authoritarian-on-misinformation-intends-to-reelect-trump

Clinton says Zuckerberg 'authoritarian' on misinformation, 'intends to reelect Trump'

Wow has Hillary lost it.

Facebook: ‘We think our users can make up their own minds.’”

Hillary: "It’s authoritarian.”

:lmao:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clinton Refuses to be Served Tulsi Gabbard’s Defamation Lawsuit

Quote

 

Hillary Clinton has twice refused to see a process server attempting to convey Representative Tulsi Gabbard’s (D., Hawaii) defamation lawsuit against her, Gabbard’s lawyer told the New York Post on Wednesday.

“I find it rather unbelievable that Hillary Clinton is so intimidated by Tulsi Gabbard that she won’t accept service of process,” attorney Brian Dunne said. “But I guess here we are.”

According to Dunne, the server first visited Clinton’s home in Westchester, N.Y. to deliver the lawsuit but was refused entry by secret service agents. The agents told the server to contact Clinton lawyer David Kendall, but Kendall told the server on Wednesday that he would be unable to accept the lawsuit for the former presidential candidate.

 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/clinton-refuses-to-be-served-tulsi-gabbards-defamation-lawsuit/

What a piece of work she is. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Clinton Refuses to be Served Tulsi Gabbard’s Defamation Lawsuit

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/clinton-refuses-to-be-served-tulsi-gabbards-defamation-lawsuit/

What a piece of work she is. 

I have no clue what is required of an individual in this situation but taking this at face value it just shows her overall sense of entitlement.  She a different kind of horrible than the current guy but she’s still horrible.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 11:07 AM, squistion said:

No. She literally said in the bolded you quoted: and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

If Sanders in the nominee, she will support him. 

Wow, Hillary Clinton sure sounds like she's ready to support Sanders if he's the nominee.  

Hillary Clinton Slams Bernie Sanders for Not Working to Unite Democrats in 2016

In a podcast interview on Friday, Mrs. Clinton also described the caucuses in Iowa, where Mr. Sanders leads in some polls, as “undemocratic.”

She is STILL blaming OTHER PEOPLE for losing to Trump.  

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Wow, Hillary Clinton sure sounds like she's ready to support Sanders if he's the nominee.  

Hillary Clinton Slams Bernie Sanders for Not Working to Unite Democrats in 2016

In a podcast interview on Friday, Mrs. Clinton also described the caucuses in Iowa, where Mr. Sanders leads in some polls, as “undemocratic.”

She is STILL blaming OTHER PEOPLE for losing to Trump.  

Wow...as corrupt and as big of a disgrace and failure Trump has been, he probably is still superior to Hillary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Squad strikes back!
 

Quote

Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib took a moment to voice her personal displeasure with Hillary Clinton, loudly booing the former Secretary of State and 2016 presidential candidate during an event in Iowa Friday.

“You all know I can’t be quiet,” Tlaib told audience members during a campaign rally for Bernie Sanders in Clive, Iowa. “The haters will shut up on Monday when we win.”

Tlaib was joined onstage by House colleagues Washington state Rep. Pramila Jayapal and Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar — both of whom could not contain their laughter at Tlaib’s comments. The three congresswomen are part of a handful of progressive lawmakers in Congress who are backing Sanders’ bid for the nomination.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/01/rashida-tlaib-boos-hillary-clinton-at-bernie-sanders-event-in-iowa/

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tlaib must have gotten a lot of blow back from that:
“I am so incredibly in love with the movement that our campaign of #NotMeUs has created. This makes me protective over it and frustrated by attempts to dismiss the strength and diversity of our movement,” Tlaib said in a statement, referring to Sanders’s campaign. 

“However, I know what is at stake if we don't unify over one candidate to beat Trump and I intend to do everything possible to ensure that Trump does not win in 2020,” she continued. “In this instance, I allowed my disappointment with Secretary Clinton's latest comments about Senator Sanders and his supporters get the best of me.”

"You all, my sisters-in-service on stage, and our movement deserve better," she added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Tlaib must have gotten a lot of blow back from that:
“I am so incredibly in love with the movement that our campaign of #NotMeUs has created. This makes me protective over it and frustrated by attempts to dismiss the strength and diversity of our movement,” Tlaib said in a statement, referring to Sanders’s campaign. 

“However, I know what is at stake if we don't unify over one candidate to beat Trump and I intend to do everything possible to ensure that Trump does not win in 2020,” she continued. “In this instance, I allowed my disappointment with Secretary Clinton's latest comments about Senator Sanders and his supporters get the best of me.”

"You all, my sisters-in-service on stage, and our movement deserve better," she added.

I love it when they eat their own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting to think she may end up being considered at the convention. Starting to hear several people in media state there is no current viable candidate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, squistion said:

Impeachment is considered a disgrace, not a badge of honor. He will always be remembered for that, along with Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. His impeachment will be mentioned in the first paragraph of every obituary once he passes. 

As Nancy Pelosi said to Trump on Bill Maher's show: "You are impeached forever"

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/478906-pelosi-offers-message-to-trump-on-bill-maher-show-you-are-impeached-forever

Pelosi will be tied to his impeachment forever as well and not in a good way. It will be an asterisk on her career as an example of how not to use your political capital. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 11:07 AM, squistion said:

No. She literally said in the bolded you quoted: and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

If Sanders in the nominee, she will support him. 

@squistion Man Hillary is fired up to support Sanders if he's the nominee

CNN @CNN

Former Dem. presidential nominee Hillary Clinton furthered her comments discrediting Sen. Bernie Sanders as a viable presidential candidate, insinuating that his potential failure to "deliver the moon" would detract from efforts to rebuild public trust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 4:44 PM, Phil Elliott said:

I am starting to think she may end up being considered at the convention. Starting to hear several people in media state there is no current viable candidate. 

This is nonsense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bagger said:

This is nonsense.

“ never say never”.   Would be totally toxic with Shadow,Inc coding issue piling on Hillary’s baggage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ren hoek said:

@squistion Man Hillary is fired up to support Sanders if he's the nominee

CNN @CNN

Former Dem. presidential nominee Hillary Clinton furthered her comments discrediting Sen. Bernie Sanders as a viable presidential candidate, insinuating that his potential failure to "deliver the moon" would detract from efforts to rebuild public trust

As she always has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing about HRC is that if she got in....it would still come down to MI,WI and PA.  She'd make more of a contest of it than a few of the candidates running now. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

The funny thing about HRC is that if she got in....it would still come down to MI,WI and PA.  She'd make more of a contest of it than a few of the candidates running now. 

 

 

3 most hated things by both parties.  Pelosi, HRC and DNC.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IC FBGCav said:

3 most hated things by both parties.  Pelosi, HRC and DNC.  

No, no and no. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ren hoek said:

@squistion Man Hillary is fired up to support Sanders if he's the nominee

CNN @CNN

Former Dem. presidential nominee Hillary Clinton furthered her comments discrediting Sen. Bernie Sanders as a viable presidential candidate, insinuating that his potential failure to "deliver the moon" would detract from efforts to rebuild public trust

I didn't say she will be fired up, but if he is the nominee (which I doubt) she will publicly support him even though she sees his candidacy against Trump as a losing proposition. I said in 2016 and will repeat again, this country is not ready to elect an avowed Socialist (who is already being called a Communist by Trump and others in the GOP). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

she lost to trump, i can't even imagine how tough this is for her to swallow at the dinner table.       nice legacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kodycutter said:

she lost to trump, i can't even imagine how tough this is for her to swallow at the dinner table.       nice legacy.

Every.  Single.  Night.  :lol:

Edited by BladeRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She has to be stretching out in the bullpen. No way can she not be thinking about it, she would knock this field over with a feather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

She has to be stretching out in the bullpen. No way can she not be thinking about it, she would knock this field over with a feather.

Lady Gaga is more likely to be the Democratic nominee.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

She has to be stretching out in the bullpen. No way can she not be thinking about it, she would knock this field over with a feather.

I imagine her watching the debates and absolutely screaming at the TV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.