What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 5 (1 Viewer)

wow im playing 1 gpp lineup and its basically this but with jaron brown.  great minds think alike i guess.  :unsure:   should i try to get jaron out of there?
I am not really sure why you want to.  Cheap and should be heavily involved.  Is the fear that Jaron will be too highly owned?  What could he be 15%?   What percentage becomes too high?   I guess it is a matter of the rest of the line up being too chalky.  I don't really play gpp, so I am just curious.

I am not really sure why you want to.  Cheap and should be heavily involved.  Is the fear that Jaron will be too highly owned?  What could he be 15%?   What percentage becomes too high?   I guess it is a matter of the rest of the line up being too chalky.  I don't really play gpp, so I am just curious.
I fully admit it might bite me in the ### this week, but I have soured on the AZ guys.  Looks like Nelson could play so now they have him, John and Jaron Brown, Fitz, and Ellington getting involved. 

As far as the highlighted question, it is totally case by case.  Bell being 30% owned is different than Abdullah being 30% owned.  I don't think it matters as much if you are doing a few LUs, but if you are doing a bunch then you have to decide if you want to be more or less than the field on the guys you are interested in playing.  So lets say you are doing 100 gpps this week and Bell is looking to be 30% owned.   If you love him and think he is going to go off, you need to be higher than that 30% to stay ahead of the rest of the LUs in that gpp (so 50 of your LUs probably have Bell in them).  If you don't think he can hit his gpp value, you should be less than that. 

Not sure what the threshold is, but I think most of us are doing a few gpps/week so it probably doesn't matter a ton - just make a LU that you like and have fun. 

Anyone not like Oakland for defense? Bal traveling, avg 15 ppg, and the defense should be fired up because they have to do their job or lose this week with EJ at the helm. How about lynch or Richard for Gpp?

Anyone not like Oakland for defense? Bal traveling, avg 15 ppg, and the defense should be fired up because they have to do their job or lose this week with EJ at the helm. How about lynch or Richard for Gpp?
I was actually looking at throwing in BAL's defense in a lineup or two, given that they are going up against Manuel. 

all I see when I look is light rain in Cinci, but no weather anywhere else. 
Pittsburgh & Miami are looking better this morning, although, Pittsburgh will still have some precipitation prior to the game. If they have the field covered, no worries. Philly is looking at heavier rain & possibly thunderstorms, but, again, prior to the game. Not sure what to say field conditions may be like. Cincinnati is definitely looking like a good chance of in-game heavier rainfall, from both the NWS & Accuweather. Liking Cinncy's DEF a lot right now. 

Alright, so I have been persuaded away from Brissett.  Looking at Manning who is the exact same price.  LAC is a good pass D, but Eli is throwing almost 50 times a game.  He ought to hit value with the volume he racks up.  Got two cash lineups that I have settled into for now, but I may just go all in on one of them... 

Manning - Elliott/Gurley - Nelson/Hopkins/Ja. Brown - Ertz - Vinatieri - Oak

Watson - Bell/Gurley - Nelson/Bryant/Ja. Brown - Engram - Vinatieri - Oak
LOL, I've been worrying more and more about Brissett and leaning towards Eli too. Which is funny in its own right -- that Eli is "safer" than any other QB just seems wrong. 

KarmaPolice said:
Fair points, and thanks for the discussion. 

I just looked and the same goes for Fitz, who everybody also seems to talk up in cash - he has only hit 2x once this year and was saved by an OT TD last week.  I get what you are saying about the price difference too, but also this week since Gurley is so cheap there isn't much to do with the salary that I saw by using somebody like Fitz over Dez.. 

For FD, I think the best you can do at these volatile positions is try to get guys with targets and RZ looks, and for guys with 8+ targets/g and more than 1 RZ target/g, the only guys on the list that I see are Hopkins, Fitz, Dez, and Diggs.  I think Nelson is very close too.  Diggs is out b/c of MNF, but I guess Hopkins might be a possible pivot from Dez too. 

One thing that steered me off of Fitz a tad is that Ellington and Jaron saw more targets than he did last week and John B saw the same.  Guys like Dez and Hopkins are a higher % of their team's targets (which I am sure adds to their extra salary too). 
I own Dez in 2 season-long leagues and am a pseudo-Cowboy fan. I keep waiting for the breakout, but every week it doesn't happen makes me worry more and more that it ain't coming.

The reason I'm looking so hard at Fitz is his matchup this week. 

Thoughts on Powell? Looks like an easy plug in at $6600. Cleveland D playing okay but Powell should have a pretty high floor. I like him for both cash and GPP. 

Thoughts?

Thoughts on Powell? Looks like an easy plug in at $6600. Cleveland D playing okay but Powell should have a pretty high floor. I like him for both cash and GPP. 

Thoughts?
I like him. If I weren't saving money @ QB I would be using him in my cash. I like his likely usage + skill set at his price. 

only on OAK for salary relief.  Messing with OAK and a Kicker can get me from Clay to Ertz. 

EDIT:  Read your post as you saying you were down on OAK, seems like you're on them, I am some too.

Thoughts?
Playing Powell.  He was good for 25 touches last week and wouldn't be surprised by that again.   Buying at the price

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsburgh & Miami are looking better this morning, although, Pittsburgh will still have some precipitation prior to the game. If they have the field covered, no worries. Philly is looking at heavier rain & possibly thunderstorms, but, again, prior to the game. Not sure what to say field conditions may be like. Cincinnati is definitely looking like a good chance of in-game heavier rainfall, from both the NWS & Accuweather. Liking Cinncy's DEF a lot right now. 
Cool, thanks!

I own Dez in 2 season-long leagues and am a pseudo-Cowboy fan. I keep waiting for the breakout, but every week it doesn't happen makes me worry more and more that it ain't coming.

The reason I'm looking so hard at Fitz is his matchup this week. 
My winning and losing in cash could very well come down to me taking Dez over Fitz.  Seems like one of those weeks where people are focused in on a few plays b/c of the matchups and teams playing. 

Anyone stacking Manuel w/ Crabtree or Amari in a GPP? I'm considering it strongly. Also running at least one Cutler/Parker and/or Landry out there. 

My winning and losing in cash could very well come down to me taking Dez over Fitz.  Seems like one of those weeks where people are focused in on a few plays b/c of the matchups and teams playing. 
Much depends on where you would spend the Fitz savings. I have a couple GPPs I like only only spending $59,000, so you may not care about the salary relief. 

Much depends on where you would spend the Fitz savings. I have a couple GPPs I like only only spending $59,000, so you may not care about the salary relief. 
I guess for my cash LU it was between Cobb and Fitz since they were the same price.  The WR combos I was looking at were Nelson/Hilton/Jaron or Dez/Cobb/Parker.

Not going anywhere near OAK's offense this week. Am liking Cutler w/ Parker for GPP's. 
You know this is a weird week when we are saying stuff like "I am off Jacoby, and Eli is my target for cash games", and "I am not touching Oakland, but Cutler seems like a good idea"

Not criticizing or anything, I have Cook in a gpp since Baltimore is vulnerable to TEs, and I am firing Ajayi at a gpp or two. 

Again, trying to think of guys who have talent and/or could have volume but people have soured on - Gordon, Ajayi, H.Henry, Mixon, Ben R, Dalton were names that I wrote down as possible gpp plays. 

John Brown playing. I planned on Ja. Brown in all 3 lineups today. I'm now fading him. I'm staying away from Arizona all together. 

Lineups as of now

Wilson Elliot/Powell  OBJ/Baldwin/Fuller Engram Elliot Balt

Manning Elliot/Powell OBJ/Baldwin/Cobb Engram Walsh Balt

Rodgers Elliot/Powell Baldwin/Tate/Cobb Engram Prater Miami

May tweak D and Kickers along Tate and Fuller. Open to suggestions. Thanks and good luck everyone

Also, I hear little talk about the SNF game for some reason and guys like Fuller and Hill might sneak under the radar a little bit. 

Also, I hear little talk about the SNF game for some reason and guys like Fuller and Hill might sneak under the radar a little bit. 
Agreed. And I'm having some of KC/HOU in my GPP's as a result, including a Watson/Hopkins/Fuller stack w/ Kelce as a correlative play. 

Also having some exposure to Gordon & Henry as well.

Davante Adams expected to play for GB.  My Nelson/Cobb shares would've preferred a scratch but think I am going to stay on it.

Seriously, Pitt- wtf.  You are going against the worst rush D in the league, and you seem to want to pass on every down.  

Tate is another wiff on my part.  The only positive is I am just playing with house money I have accumulated the first 4 weeks...... Right??? 

A lot depending on the afternoon games here.  Looks like I am about 6pts off of most of the 2x cash lines with Gurley and the Dall/GB game stack.  Of course a lot of high owned guys, so not sure if it will get there. 

Powell out with calf injury. 5 point day at RB is a killer. However that's better than the zero Engram has at tight end. 

Both guys in all 3 of my lineups. Going to be a horrible day

Getting hurt some with injuries, but, Bell is just killing me. 
Bell?  Try rolling out Zeke and Gurley in a bunch of lineups.  Oof.  That said, I have 0 clue way Pitts wasn't running the ball today.  

Had a little of them, but not nearly enough Fournette and Gordon in gpps.  

I am on pace to not cash a single thing!  And this is the week up put about 33% of my bankroll in play...I will be back to square 1 from where I started the season.  Felt so right.  Hopefully I can at least enjoy a nice KC win. 

Alright, so I have been persuaded away from Brissett.  Looking at Manning who is the exact same price.  LAC is a good pass D, but Eli is throwing almost 50 times a game.  He ought to hit value with the volume he racks up.  Got two cash lineups that I have settled into for now, but I may just go all in on one of them... 

Manning - Elliott/Gurley - Nelson/Hopkins/Ja. Brown - Ertz - Vinatieri - Oak

Watson - Bell/Gurley - Nelson/Bryant/Ja. Brown - Engram - Vinatieri - Oak
Well, these aren't working out so well.  Kudos to those of you who got off of Ja Brown.  I should have too, but my line ups had enough other issues anyway.  How does Engram throw up a goose egg with the entire WR crew getting knocked out of the game????      :(

Well, these aren't working out so well.  Kudos to those of you who got off of Ja Brown.  I should have too, but my line ups had enough other issues anyway.  How does Engram throw up a goose egg with the entire WR crew getting knocked out of the game????      :(
0 clue here.  Chargers were not good vs. TEs and he had been getting 7-8 targets a game with all the WRs in there.  Another odd week. 

Had a death in the family so haven't had a chance to check in or do much research. Threw these together.

Cash ( in 4 $2 50/50 )

Eli Zeke Gurly Jordy Fitz Parker Clay Elliott Jets

$2 SE GPP

Rivers Ajayi Hyde Jordy Dez Baldwin Henry Boswell Bills
bye bye $10 for this week with these. I do have a .25 gpp currently cashing for $3. Brutal week of injuries

If Jaron is in there, where did you pay up at?  

MAYBE in a gpp you might want to flip somebody out of there, as I think all of these guys could be pretty highly owned?  Hell, you could just putz with the K and D and get some differentiation if you really like your core, or just keep it as is b/c even if a lot of these guys are highly owned, what % of LUs have that exact configuration?

the fear with jaron was just that john brown and jj nelson were playing.  when i plugged him in i thought one or both would be out.

i ended up switching out jaron and prater for stills (lololololol FAIL) and bullock.  didnt matter either way only dak, dez and ty did anything at all for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread