What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting Doug Martin over _________ (1 Viewer)

Rudolph, funches and k Benjamin (flex)

Wouldn't start him over Hunt or Hyde if flex wasn't an option.

D.Murray 
that seems pretty risky I think. I assume your reasoning is that the D will load the box but I think the opposite could be true as well and Murray will get loads of carries as where we don't exactly know what Martins workload is like. I mean it makes plenty of sense to start Martin based on the matchup but...I'm just babbeling. 

Oh I'm starting Martin over Crowell, A. Jones and Mckinnon. 

Over Amari Cooper at flex. Technically he and Bilal Powell are making up my RB2/Flex so doesn't matter which you consider where, but Cooper is on the pine regardless.

that seems pretty risky I think. I assume your reasoning is that the D will load the box but I think the opposite could be true as well and Murray will get loads of carries as where we don't exactly know what Martins workload is like. I mean it makes plenty of sense to start Martin based on the matchup but...I'm just babbeling. 

A little risky for sure but I am only in 2 leagues and have to start Murray in the other one.  I just don't think it makes sense to put all my eggs in Murray's basket given his early season woes and if Martin is available.

Small update. Some guy (beat writer?) suggests Martin will start/ be heavily involved. 

I'd deff start him over Cohen. 

Abdullah, Ty Mont, and Crowell

im torn though with Abdullah...
I'm starting him over Abdullah as well.  I'm less torn because I also have Zeke and want to have Abdullah available for a late swap at RB in case Zeke is immediately suspended for this week.

Would anyone start him over CMC - 0.5 PPR?

Or I could play both Martin and CMC and bench one of Baldwin, Kelce, Hopkins. 

Would anyone start him over CMC - 0.5 PPR?

Or I could play both Martin and CMC and bench one of Baldwin, Kelce, Hopkins. 

I'm letting him earn his spot on my roster.  Have Duke Johnson starting over him in full point PPR.

I'm considering him over Cohen as well in a .25ppr for RBs only. I think it would be Cohen all day every day about a week and half ago. However, throw in Benny C. into the RB rotation, a new starting rookie QB and a pretty stout Minny D on MNF and I'm feeling that nauceous feel of me saying "I told you MFer" on Tuesday after I watch it unfold that night.  :wall:

ETA: I was never buying the narrative that Martin wouldn't play much because of the lack of practice time. The guy is well versed in the system and TB is looking for a spark in the currently 26th ranked rushing attack going against the the epically awful Pat's D at the moment. It's all systems go in my fantasy land. I think I just talked myself into starting him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering him over Cohen as well in a .25ppr for RBs only. I think it would be Cohen all day every day about a week and half ago. However, throw in Benny C. into the RB rotation, a new starting rookie QB and a pretty stout Minny D on MNF and I'm feeling that nauceous feel of me saying "I told you MFer" on Tuesday after I watch it unfold that night.  :wall:

ETA: I'm was never buying the narrative that Martin wouldn't play much because of the lack of practice time. The guy is well versed in the system and TB is looking for a spark in the currently 26th ranked rushing attack going against the the epically awful Pat's D at the moment. It's all systems go in my fantasy land. I think I just talked myself into starting him.
Have to agree with futz, I think you talked me into it too.   I have Martin or D. Parker for flex non ppr

Starting him over Buck in PPR where I'm a slight underdog.

Starting AA over him in another PPR that I just want a solid floor.

Abdullah, Ty Mont, and Crowell

im torn though with Abdullah...
I can't bench AA for Martin.

Too risky. 

AA was super solid against a tough as nails MN run D last week. I'd expect him to be solid once again at home against CAR. Ceiling not terribly high but floor should be high.

Martin is a low floor/high ceiling guy this week. I'd say if the matchups have you as an underdog, you swing for the fence with Martin this week.

I can't find any Bucs beat writer that's tweeted about Martin getting lots of touches. Could've missed one.

I expect Martin to come out running hard. He was by far the Bucs best in the preseason and is by far the best talent wise. The team loves him. 

Two things concern me: 1) Game script. The Bucs defense is DECIMATED missing their MLB, WLB, and 2 out of 3 starting safeties. One of their pass rushers (Smith) who was expected back was cut for injury reasons and the other pass rusher dislocated his shoulder. A big reason why the defense went from hero to zero after Week 2 is all the injuries. Both the right CB (Hargreaves) and starting safety (rookie Evans) are very suspect. I expect them to get torched.

2) The team won't go into this game expecting to rely on Martin. Yes, he is very familiar with this offense. But I'd be surprised if Rodgers doesn't get a bunch of touches in the first half. That, combined with game script, could make this a bad play.

The positives are that he's their best RB against a bad defense, in a game that will likely be high scoring and result in goal line touches. He will almost for sure be the goalline back. 

I'm starting him over Abdullah as well.  I'm less torn because I also have Zeke and want to have Abdullah available for a late swap at RB in case Zeke is immediately suspended for this week.
Holy crud...I didn't even think of this. I have Zeke, AA, and Martin as well. 

Have both DMC/Morris so think I'm standing pat with AA instead of Martin.

Tonight will be a scouting night to see if Martin surpasses AA on my depth chart.

Two things concern me: 1) Game script. The Bucs defense is DECIMATED missing their MLB, WLB, and 2 out of 3 starting safeties. One of their pass rushers (Smith) who was expected back was cut for injury reasons and the other pass rusher dislocated his shoulder. A big reason why the defense went from hero to zero after Week 2 is all the injuries. Both the right CB (Hargreaves) and starting safety (rookie Evans) are very suspect. I expect them to get torched.
Legit concern.

NE rarely loses back to back. And I'd bet you Bill B. has challenged the OFFENSE as much as the defense this week. If Bill can't fix the defense, then the  hell with it...spread out the offense, hurry up, get a lead fast, go for the jugular...put the D in a better position.

Brady probably has 50 points as a goal tonight.

I can't bench AA for Martin.

Too risky. 

AA was super solid against a tough as nails MN run D last week. I'd expect him to be solid once again at home against CAR. Ceiling not terribly high but floor should be high.

Martin is a low floor/high ceiling guy this week. I'd say if the matchups have you as an underdog, you swing for the fence with Martin this week.
but Martin plays tonight on primetime!

seriously though your probably making the right call and I should do the same

Doesn’t seem risky at all other than the fact that Martin may not be in football shape. We know Murray has completely stunk so far and NE is the worst d in the league. Starting Martin over a guy who might only get 10 touches platooned with Henry seems riskless to me. Martin looked great preseason.

I'm letting him earn his spot on my roster.  Have Duke Johnson starting over him in full point PPR.
This is the play for me.   Offseason, prior to camp, Martin was rumored to be simply cut.  I am still on that page.  They are going to see if he is lightning in a bottle in his contract year, otherwise the ball goes through Jacquizz..... Maybe im wrong, but thats why I play the game.  Rolling with Rodgers, hes the guy to own.....

jeeze i hope im right, lol!

This is the play for me.   Offseason, prior to camp, Martin was rumored to be simply cut.  I am still on that page.  They are going to see if he is lightning in a bottle in his contract year, otherwise the ball goes through Jacquizz..... Maybe im wrong, but thats why I play the game.  Rolling with Rodgers, hes the guy to own.....

jeeze i hope im right, lol!
Cut wtf.  Where did you here that?  He was the best RB through preseason.

Ian Rapoprt reported that Doug Martin won’t be starting tonight

It's between Martin and Humphries. Slot receivers have been tearing the Pats up so far with each one scoring a TD against them. I'm torn because I want to put Martin in but I'm thinking Pats jump out to a big lead because Bucs D is all hurt. Bucs might and probably will be playing from behind all night and that might not serve well for Martin. I don't think he's the third down back is he?

It's between Martin and Humphries. Slot receivers have been tearing the Pats up so far with each one scoring a TD against them. I'm torn because I want to put Martin in but I'm thinking Pats jump out to a big lead because Bucs D is all hurt. Bucs might and probably will be playing from behind all night and that might not serve well for Martin. I don't think he's the third down back is he?
no.

Feeling like his downside is too great, something like 11-38 with no catches, so I'm sticking with Cohen this week.  Should be fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread