What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donuts (1 Viewer)

New Donuts Do-licious?

• Frosted

Votes: 52 86.7%
  • Jelly

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
Not a huge fan.  There's tons of stuff terrible for me I'd prefer to eat before donuts.

But to answer your question, when does't frosting make something better?

Not a huge fan.  There's tons of stuff terrible for me I'd prefer to eat before donuts.

But to answer your question, when does't frosting make something better?
If you had added “jelly donuts are almost always disgusting” this would have been a perfect post.  9/10

Give me an Entenmann's frosted or powdered over anything at Dunkin.

Really any dense donut is a no go for me. I had some awesome fresh, light (not from a calorie standpoint of course) apple cider donuts over the weekend. 

Before I met my wife 23 years ago, honestly, I wouldn't have thought twice about having doughnuts.  The last time I had a doughnut was 5 or 6 years ago and I actually had three of them.  I started working at 8:00 p.m. at work, we were rolling out software updates for telephones, it went sideways and what was supposed to be a 4 hour project turned into an all night thing.  So, by 10:00 a.m. the next day, up for 14 hours straight, I'm starving and someone brought in doughnuts and I ate one, then a second one later and then a third one for lunch.  I felt so sick after that I haven't wanted a doughnut since. 

However, the 12 year old version of me would prefer a frosted cream stick all day every day.  Jelly doughnuts are what you eat when all the frosted ones are gone! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa... I'm the lone jelly guy huh?  Time for this Zook to get to working on his Big Boy Boomeroo!

Donuts are pretty meh for me. If I’m getting a pastry, I’ll take a cinnamon roll but I don’t have much of a reason to eat donuts. I wouldn’t eat them for breakfast and if it’s for dessert, it’ll never surpass ice cream, brownies, cakes, pies, etc... on the pecking order. 

How about this, I'd prefer to eat a pop tart every day of the week and three times on Sunday (who hasn't) before I'd eat a single donut.   

Hardly eat them anymore.  But I love them.  Make me feel like total crap afterwards, though.

"I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut; I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut! I got the documentation right here...oh, wait it's at home...in the file...under 'D'."

what is this mythical "donut" you speak of?  

may have had a few some 35 years ago (unh uh anymoar) 

?

I celebrate the entire donut catalog, but jelly ranks towards the bottom along with plain (unless we're talking freshly made).  Powder sugar ones kinda suck too

I like donuts, but I rarely eat them. I like the powdered sugar and original dunkin donut (which is the cake one with the knob on it). I also like the glazed krispy kreme. Donuts usually make me feel a bit nauseous after eating them. I think it is from all the sugar. 

"I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut; I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut! I got the documentation right here...oh, wait it's at home...in the file...under 'D'."
Hedberg?

I often enjoy the multilayer stacking of blinding white starch configured differently than i have the previous time

Regional place here called Lamar’s. They make this red velvet cake donut with cream cheese frosting. They only make it Sunday mornings so it’s only available once a week.   My wife often works Saturday nights so she brings these bad boys home weekly.   They are absolutely amazing but after I eat one I want to jump off the roof of our house because I hate myself so much.  

the donut on the left

Users who are viewing this thread