Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ffweasel

Dede Westbrook - It’s go time!

Read Dede’s supposed to have a limited role, so I’m not sure how much weight you but into those comments. Then again, he went on a radio show this week and said he expects to rack up 200 yards. LOL

Like the confidence but my guess is they ease him into the offense this week. 

I see Keelan Cole getting continued looks this week while Jax lets DeDe comes up to speed. Next week? Full speed ahead.

4 hours ago, abbottjamesr said:

Anybody starting him this week?  I haven’t seen much about how he has looked in practice.  Is he starting this week?

starting him ...he'll get a deep one this week.

30 minutes ago, JIMGET said:

starting him ...he'll get a deep one this week.

I think there might be windy conditions for the game, and I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

I'm starting anyone who predicts they're going to have 200 yards. He'd know better than I would.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, simey said:

I think there might be windy conditions for the game, and I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

Maybe it'll straighten out Bortles' throws

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simey said:

bortles won't under throw him

1 hour ago, Raylan said:

Starting with confidence.

Benching without confidence. (D Adams and Marvin Jones start this week instead)

Edit - changed my mind, although I expect to regret it. Rolling with Dede and Adams over Marvin (along with Evans if anyone cares)

Edited by -OZ-

benching but my other options are Fez, Diggs, Hilton. starting sex and Diggs. already started JuJu

Comfortably leaving him on the pine behind Julio, Cooks, and Alshon. 

I grabbed him 3 weeks ago because of this thread. I could use some depth so it would be killer if this guy becomes a player. 

Starting him in two leagues.

1. Sitting Jalen Richard (was starting both Richard and DeAndre Washington, hoping one would become a hot hand)
  2. Sitting Sterling Shepard for the time being. If Shepard is active, I'll swap him back in.

Cold and windy forecast - 25mph and snow flurries. Florida team on the road in the cold, Fournette questionable, likely a low scoring plod-fest, DeDe's first game back, Bortles under center... I'd temper expectations.

• Like 1

Yea I'm waiting. If he blows up great. Not risking a zero this week though. Only 3 games to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Crystalsteam99 said:

He'll get 2 rec for 20 yards Today or something like that. This is not the week to think of starting him,especially with cold and gusty winds in Cleveland.

yup. people got balls to go with this guy. or they are desperate 

Well if I had a time machine I'd go back and start him over Corey but still hope to see him do well. 

37 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

@AdamSchefter

Jaguars WR Dede Westbrook came up 165 yards short of his predicted 200-yard receiving game.

:lmao:  sure makes me feel better about not finding room for him.

It wasn’t a 200 yard game for Dede...but in a bad weather game he was targeted 6 times & got out of the game healthy. Hopefully he is more productive down the stretch. 

4 minutes ago, Efritch4 said:

..but in a bad weather game he was targeted 6 times & got out of the game healthy

Destined for greatness

My excitement is mainly for dynasty leagues, but Westbrook has a chance to put up some good games these last 6 weeks.

Patience, grasshoppers.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

My excitement is mainly for dynasty leagues, but Westbrook has a chance to put up some good games these last 6 weeks.

Patience, grasshoppers.

Given the team he is on I can only see him having sporadic success that will depend entirely on the game score. I think he'll only put up Hurns type numbers, which on a game by game basis are more like wr3 numbers. In Dynasty I'd hold onto him. In redraft it would depend on whom else you have.

16 hours ago, Scooby1974 said:

:lmao:  sure makes me feel better about not finding room for him.

Pretty sure none of us was expecting 200 yards

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

Pretty sure none of us was expecting 200 yards

Haha, I would certainly hope not.

Less talk, more catch Dede.

19 hours ago, [scooter] said:

BREAKING NEWS: wide receiver's mouth writes checks that his quarterback can't cash. Film at 11.

1 hour ago, Bri said:

what'd you think of him?

I think he had a great catch taken away by review, has a lot of promise, but needs a better QB.

Oh and his hands are 10x better than Marqise Lee.

• Like 2

I got a feeling DeDe has a great game this coming week, but I don't have the ballz to start him.  I think he's a strong flex player this week with tremendous upside.

18 minutes ago, OU#1 said:

I got a feeling DeDe has a great game this coming week, but I don't have the ballz to start him.  I think he's a strong flex player this week with tremendous upside.

I'm starting him over Dez and D. Parker this week.

21 minutes ago, OU#1 said:

I can't start him over Diggs, T. Hill, Kupp, Evans or Landry yet. I don't have the balls

Starting him over Dez most likely. They will get equal targets and DeDe is less likely to have butter fingers.

Josh Norman was dead on in that commercial... 

• Like 1