What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League: Trade OBJ? (1 Viewer)

Popes

Footballguy
I can keep OBJ for $22 (auction league) one more year due to our keeper policies. I am still in the playoff hunt but am not sure my team is built to win after suffering a lot of injuries. Should I trade OBJ for Brandin Cooks (won't keep) and Joe Mixon ($27). All in all, the question is, do I play for this year or start off with a keeper next year...My current team is below.

QB: Tom Brady

RBs: Doug Martin, Frank Gore, Isaiah Crowell, and Marshawn Lynch

WRs: Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Williams, OBJ, Corey Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your current standing in the league?  You said you're in the playoff hunt, but does that mean firmly in 2nd/3rd, or two games out of the last spot?  If you have a legit shot at winning this year, then make the trade as that helps you tremendously, and go for the title.  If you're out of the running or are a long shot to win this year, then I'd rather keep OBJ for the cheap price

What's your current standing in the league?  You said you're in the playoff hunt, but does that mean firmly in 2nd/3rd, or two games out of the last spot?  If you have a legit shot at winning this year, then make the trade as that helps you tremendously, and go for the title.  If you're out of the running or are a long shot to win this year, then I'd rather keep OBJ for the cheap price
I am currently in 4th place and the top 6 make it to the playoffs. The league had been around for quite some time so I am sure it will continue next season, but I am always on the side of going all in to win it this year. We can keep up to three players per year so I am hoping CDavis or MWilliams takes off so that I can hit it big with them next year. They can be kept for $6. 

I would pass, also. JMO, but I don't know if your RBs are strong enough to win this year.  OBJ will be a league winner next year.  Good luck.

Without another reference point besides Mixon at $27, how great of a savings is OBJ at $22?  Do you think you could talk the Cooks/Mixon owner into sweetening his deal at all by emphasizing how cheap $22 is for OBJ?  In other words, is Cooks/Mixon his very best offer?  

Sounds like you want to go all in for this year (and I tend to agree with you.  Flags fly forever, brother!) So I'd check in with him and see if Cooks/Mixon is his best offer, or maybe even shop OBJ on the open market and see if any better offers are out there, and then go for it.  If you go for a title and miss, then you're only out one more year of OBJ for cheap, which is better than giving him away with multiple keeper years left...

Without another reference point besides Mixon at $27, how great of a savings is OBJ at $22?  Do you think you could talk the Cooks/Mixon owner into sweetening his deal at all by emphasizing how cheap $22 is for OBJ?  In other words, is Cooks/Mixon his very best offer?  

Sounds like you want to go all in for this year (and I tend to agree with you.  Flags fly forever, brother!) So I'd check in with him and see if Cooks/Mixon is his best offer, or maybe even shop OBJ on the open market and see if any better offers are out there, and then go for it.  If you go for a title and miss, then you're only out one more year of OBJ for cheap, which is better than giving him away with multiple keeper years left...
The limiting factor is that I am really only able to deal with people already out of the playoff races so they do not have a lot of great players. I may be able to get Julio Jones ($87) and either Jay Ajayi(13) / LeSean McCoy(71) for OBJ(22) and another RB. RBs in our league, like others, go for a huge price. For example, Kareem Hunt went for $62 so even Mixon for $27 and Cooks (77) is pretty good if that I cannot get the Julio owner to budge. He is currently in 11th place so not likely to go to the playoffs. 

Note: Draft day budget is $250 minus the three keeper salaries

Wow, OBJ really is a steal at $22 then.  In that case I would charge way way more than Cooks and Mixon for him, otherwise just hold onto him and take your chances this year.  

Wow, OBJ really is a steal at $22 then.  In that case I would charge way way more than Cooks and Mixon for him, otherwise just hold onto him and take your chances this year.  
Yeah, he doesn't really have anything else to add that would help this year. He lost Dalvin Cook and David Johnson. 

Yeah keep OBJ and take your chances then.  Giving him up and not winning a title this year would hurt you greatly since he's so cheap

Yeah keep OBJ and take your chances then.  Giving him up and not winning a title this year would hurt you greatly since he's so cheap
This would hurt a lot more than pass the trade... so I would keep OBJ.

Help me at https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/762024-trade-advice-kareem-hunt/

Users who are viewing this thread