What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did you know.... (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
The Rams have gone from the absolute worst scoring team in 2016 at 14 PPG to the absolute best scoring team in 2017 at 33 PPG.

That's amazing.

Almost as amazing is Jacksonville going from the 25th ranked defense in points allowed in 2016 (25 PPG) to the 1st ranked defense in points allowed in 2017 (14 PPG).

Feel free to add your "Did you know"....

The Rams have gone from the absolute worst scoring team in 2016 at 14 PPG to the absolute best scoring team in 2017 at 33 PPG.

That's amazing.

Almost as amazing is Jacksonville going from the 25th ranked defense in points allowed in 2016 (25 PPG) to the 1st ranked defense in points allowed in 2017 (14 PPG).

If I remember right, at one point in the season, not only had the Rams gone from worst scoring team last year to best scoring team this year... but the Patriots had gone from best defensive points against last year, to worst defensive points against this year.

Did you know that the Browns are 1-23 since passing on Wentz in the 2016 NFL draft? This is why you take a QB if someone like a Goff/Wentz is available and you have to do literally nothing but select them at your draft position. Rams and Eagles arrows pointing up in year two following selecting these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
From @dgreen in the Redskins thread:

From Rich Tandler

This was the first time since at least 1999 that the #Redskins have started a game-winning TD drive with less than two-minutes left to play.

Since Bill O'Brien took over in 2014, the Texans are 21-0 when leading at the half.

The Chiefs lost only 1 turnover in their first 7 games.

That is the lowest number of turnovers in a team's first 7 games, at least back to 1940 which is how far PFR's data goes back.

If you watched last night you know, but interesting nonetheless. 

MNF was the Lions’ first game without a punt since 1971.

Couple things from MNF:

The last time the Lions went an entire game without punting was November 1971

Mathhew Stafford became the first Lions QB to win twice at Lambeau Field since Bill Munson (1968 & 1970.)

A elite player like Rogers masks alot of problems.  Imagine the Pats without Brady right now.....or the Texans without watson, or the colts without luck, or the giants with Eli.

A elite player like Rogers masks alot of problems.  Imagine the Pats without Brady right now.....or the Texans without watson, or the colts without luck, or the giants with Eli.
Without looking I believe the Pat's have done pretty well when Brady hasn't played

When Fitzpatrick hits Brate for a TD Sunday would this be the 1st Harvard to Harvard alum connection?

Oakland Raiders no INTs through 8 games, which has never happened in the NFL, breaking their own record of no INTs through 7 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagles homer stat:

When the Eagles have started 8-1 they have won two NFL Championships and lost two Super Bowls.

...so I fully expect to get my heart ripped out of my chest...again.

I went to "like" this post because of the interesting stat, but as a Raider fan, there is nothing to like in that.

Our secondary is an out-and-out horror show.
What are you talking about? Every week they can aspire to set a new record! That's a special opportunity.

Did you know that Ajayi currently grades out at rb5 on pff and was rb6 on that crap dolphin offense prior to trade?

Wow, thanks! First time I’ve seen or even heard of this. 

Different era - love the candor and breakdown of actual plays with their playbook names (Squadron Left/Right).

Was this televised (and obviously censored)? Or just taped? If the latter, I bet these older school journalists simply took the sound bytes, edited out the colorful bits and printed the rest. 

In this day and age, forget about being allowed some leniency by the press, coaches would just Bilichick up and not say anything interesting whatsoever, or it would be plastered all over SM and lead to firings as it would taniah the family friendly facade the NFL and owners so covet for precious PR points.

Things were more real back then.

Every team that has played the Texans this season, has lost the following week.
Well, yesterday they played Arizona, and next week Arizona will be playing ... Jacksonville.

I think this streak is safe for another week.

The Packers were shut out at home on Sunday exactly 11 years to the day from the previous occurrence.

Nov. 19, 2017 - Baltimore

Nov. 19, 2006 - New England

That's amazing.

Jeff Fisher

The Lions are the only team in the NFL which is 3-0 in divisional road games in 2017.

The last time they pulled off this accomplishment...

...oops...this has never happened in the 52 seasons of the Super Bowl era. 

The combined score of the 5 international games this year was 163-31.  More than half of the losing teams points came from the Browns(16).

Users who are viewing this thread