What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Who you got so far?

Austin Ekeler, RB LAC. Looked studly. But might just might be depth pick as that enormous fumble may have cost him the chance to be the lead back.

Jamaal Williams, RB GB -- injuries to both Jones and TyMo leaves a wide-open door.

Kenny Golladay, WR DET -- talented and warming up in a high scoring offense.

More deeper league/desperate plays:

Chester Rogers, WR IND

DeShon Kizer, QB CLE 

Chris Godwin, WR TB -- aside from Jackson, what other WR is there?

Dontrelle Inman, WR - Predictably the #1 in Chicago, in games where Trubisky has to pass he's in line for 8-10 targets a game.

Samaje Perine, RB - Kelley looked to be out for awhile... should get another shot at being a 1A/1B.

Darren McFadden Whoever the Cowboys sign off the street on Monday
If that's an O-Lineman sure. Nobody got much going in that game outside of the time Dallas went 3 TEs and Morris started ripping off big gainers.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's true that both opportunity and situation makes Perine a potential waiver add, I've seen what Perine can do when given this opportunity, and I'm not biting.
As with all FAAB/Waiver priority situations... judge wisely, If you can get him for free, sure grab him. Would you blow a #1 spot on him? EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Would you blow a Top 4 spot on him? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Would you spend more than $5 in FAAB on him? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Was tired of hanging on to J Williams all year in a deep league so dropped him today for DMC. csb. 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
While it's true that both opportunity and situation makes Perine a potential waiver add, I've seen what Perine can do when given this opportunity, and I'm not biting.
Still worth an add in most leagues. He’s run ok. If he can avoid fumbles he could have value 

Bojang0301 said:
Skip Williams and add Davonte Mays
I didn’t see yesterday’s game, but I’ve watched a lot of the other Packers games, and I never understood why Williams held his standing with the team. Pass pro I guess, but that’s less important without Rodgers back there (at least compared to rushing effectiveness).  

I kind of agree Mays needs to be owned. Granted, Williams got hurt last time to open the door for Jones, but Jones passed him rather easily. Mays may do the same. 

D. Westbrook.

Hurns left in a walking boot and on crutches. Westbrook was almost activated this week.

And JAX faces the CLE secondary.

Burkhead?  He was available in both my leagues and snagged him right before the game. But I’m guessing he’s out there on some wires.

Those chasing the Packers backfield should remember Bulaga is out for the season as well. With the thinning ranks I tend to agree that the Packers also won't lean on the backfield to get them back into the race with that position really hurting. They might as well come out slinging it and see what they have in Hundley as well.

Those chasing the Packers backfield should remember Bulaga is out for the season as well. With the thinning ranks I tend to agree that the Packers also won't lean on the backfield to get them back into the race with that position really hurting. They might as well come out slinging it and see what they have in Hundley as well.
There aren’t a lot of great situations in the NFL. Mays doesn’t have the college production I like to see but he is incredibly athletic. Superior athleticism can sometimes over power a bad situation. He should be a cheap pickup while people chase Williams, who has subpar at best athleticism.

Not sure if I am going to go for Inman, Kearse or Mays. Only have room for 1 (Dynasty)

What's the deal with Ekeler?  I didn't see any of the Chargers game...Was that just a one-game fluke or will he be taking a lot of touches away from Gordon moving forward?

What's the deal with Ekeler?  I didn't see any of the Chargers game...Was that just a one-game fluke or will he be taking a lot of touches away from Gordon moving forward?
I bought into Ekeler in dynasty a while back when he first started seeing touches.  He's an elite athlete from a college no one outside of Colorado has ever heard of, and yet he makes an NFL roster pushing off some veteran guys who have at least hung around (though not stars by any means).  Then he pushes aside Oliver a month into the season and starts seeing work as Gordon's complement by the half way point.

He is a pretty elite athlete with 94th percentile burst and 82nd percentile agility, and he's been hyper efficient with his touches.  Gordon has never been efficient with his touches (whatever the reasons/excuses may be).  In my mind, Anthony Lynn and staff have no inherent loyalty to Gordon as they didn't draft him - they're going to play the best player or combination of players, and I think Ekeler is starting to earn at least a timeshare.  If Gordon goes down, Ekeler might explode.

WR wise ... someone talk to me about Chester Rogers.  I remember the buzz a few years ago, and then nothing ever happened.  Was this just a fluke?

Rest of the options at WR look rather lackluster to say the least.

WR wise ... someone talk to me about Chester Rogers.  I remember the buzz a few years ago, and then nothing ever happened.  Was this just a fluke?

Rest of the options at WR look rather lackluster to say the least.
Ty, Moncrief, Doyle....I don't see Rogers getting enough targets to be startable

There aren’t a lot of great situations in the NFL. Mays doesn’t have the college production I like to see but he is incredibly athletic. Superior athleticism can sometimes over power a bad situation. He should be a cheap pickup while people chase Williams, who has subpar at best athleticism.
Yep. I don't see many situations where Williams will be in positive game script coming up, and I think I'd rather nab Mays for free if Montgomery is out a few weeks.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Who you got so far?

Austin Ekeler, RB LAC. Looked studly. But might just might be depth pick as that enormous fumble may have cost him the chance to be the lead back.
lead back? Did Gordon get hurt?

Still worth an add in most leagues. He’s run ok. If he can avoid fumbles he could have value 
I went back to specifically watch this game, and I actually though Perine looked better than I have seen him all year. Running with good authority and power, he brings the right build and burst for a two-down back. 

I just can't get over the fact that Perine has been in this exact situation before -- handed lead back duties due to Kelly being injured -- and he really didn't deliver fantasy-worthy numbers to rely on. 

I had Watson and Fuller. Why not go 2-for-2 on the injury front.
Honestly, when the first went down the latter had nil value anyway. Its a blessing that there is now no temptation to start fuller with Watson out.

Lafell , who I am not excited about but I'm sayin' there's a chance.

Dont forget Coleman will be activated this week and will play and start...

Dede Westbrook- Also being activated and ready to go.. Hurns was seen wearing a boot and using crutches..Great sign for Dede Owners 

Here's the MyFBG "custom waiver report" list for my 16-team league:

QB: Gabbert :X

RB: Lance Dunbar, Trey Edmunds :lmao:

WR: Keelan Cole, Rogers, Inman - OK, a little more reasonable

TE: G Celek

Fortunately the byes aren't hitting me too hard this week

Golladay got some action, seemingly taking share from Jones .  Hey @BobbyLayne are they easing him back in? 
Snap Counts:

WR Marvin Jones 50 96 percent)
WR Golden Tate 36 (69 percent) - been playing a lot less snaps the last two weeks due to shoulder, but still led them in receiving both weeks
WR TJ Jones 29 (56 percent) - best stretch of his career in the 3-4 weeks prior, but only 1 catch for 2 yards Week 10
WR Kenny Golladay 11 (21 percent) - this is way lower than Weeks 1 & 2
WR Jared Abbrederis 5 (10 percent) - garbage

Golladay had 15 targets and played 55%, 64%, and 64% first 3 weeks, but only 21% versus Cleveland. Full practices last week and no known setbacks.

Nope, he got benched in the 4th because Ekeler was more effective. There was NO CHANCE Ekeler was going to be the lead back at all. He should siphon more carries away from Melvin, but he wasn't taking Gordon's job.
Gordon's not a special talent; he is volume dependent on getting his numbers.   Having said that, he (up to this point) is one of the few bell-cow RBs in the league.   

The Chargers had planned to get Ekeler a few more carries to spell Gordon since he's been dinged up a bit.   Ekeler played very well with his touches last week, but Anthony Lynn and the coaching staff got too cute by trying to run the clock out with Ekeler and it cost them a win.

Gordon should have a monster game against the Bills, who no longer have Marcel Dareus manning the interior line.   Buffalo got gashed by New Orleans.   Might be one of those 100+ yard 2 TD games for Gordon.  That's especially true if Philip Rivers can't get cleared from the concussion protocol. 

Didn't know if I should post it but my last few WR suggestions hit so... 

Russell Sheperd, WR Panthers - Curtis Samuel looks to have a serious ankle injury and Sheperd had 7 targets last game already. Don't think McCaffrey can absorb any more work at this point. CAR is on Bye this week so he's a filer to pickup before Sunday games start. Also, Greg Olsen should be back after the Bye.

Go get Westbrook if he's available, especially if you need WR help.

No guarantees with as long as he's been out, but despite being a rookie, Westbrook will immediately be the Jags' best WR when he comes off IR, IMO. It could take awhile for him to get acclimated, but he's got big-time upside (certainly next season if not this year).

I'm assuming Westbrook is owned in all dynasty leagues, but if not, I'd blow my wad on him.

Slim pickings in dynasty. But I plan on reclaiming Mack Hollins. Not expecting much this season, but I'm keen to buy up as many shares of this offense as I can. 

Here's the MyFBG "custom waiver report" list for my 16-team league:

QB: Gabbert :X

RB: Lance Dunbar, Trey Edmunds :lmao:

WR: Keelan Cole, Rogers, Inman - OK, a little more reasonable

TE: G Celek

Fortunately the byes aren't hitting me too hard this week
Yup, Keelan Cole could be solid in a pinch this week.  I'm rolling him over Jordy as my WR4 in a 16 teamer week 1 playoff matchup I think.  It's on the road, but Hurns being out has to help and Westbrook may take some time to get acclimated.  Cole has been on a mini-tear lately and looks the part/is trusted.  Bortles thew 51 times last week (sure in OT) but if CLE run Def is their strength, they may need to air it out a bit more.  Give Westbrook the low percentage deep throws from Bortles, and Lee and Cole just tick off the PPR shorter and mid stuff.  10 point ppr floor from Cole this week.

Been holding onto the top waiver priority for a few weeks now in a PPR league where I am pretty weak at RB(my top 3 are L. Miller, Burkhead and Rod Smith  :X ).  I think I'm finally using my top spot to take Ekeler(over J. Williams).  Don't feel particularly great about it, but I figure with how good he looked/how not-good Gordon looked, Ekeler has to be earning more snaps moving forward.  :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread