What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commish advice help needed. (1 Viewer)

Billy Ball Thorton

Footballguy
I am hoping to receive some feedback on league activity. I'm not sure if I have a legit complaint or being a little #####. 

We we have a league that's 14 team 200 buy in with the super pot this year.

we have an owner that has stated he will not be  returning next year. He's told owners that have offered deals he wasn't trading.

Fast forward two weeks ago he deals Kareem Hunt to one of the better teams for Corey Davis . That seemed odd being he's leaving and just made what I believe a very poor trade.  I spoke to commish he didn't want to do anything about it.

Now today guy moves Tevin Coleman to another strong team for Kenny Golliday and a late 2nd again I think should another poor trade be allowed?

Your honest opinion is appreciated. I don't want to be that guy if there's nothing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping to receive some feedback on league activity. I'm not sure if I have a legit complaint or being a little #####. 

we have an owner that has stated he will not be  returning next year. He's told owners that have offered deals he wasn't trading.

Fast forward two weeks ago he deals Kareem Hunt to one of the better teams for Corey Davis . That seemed odd being he's leaving and just made what I believe a very poor trade.  I spoke to commish he didn't want to do anything about it.

Now today guy moves Tevin Coleman to another strong team for Kenny Golliday and a late 2nd again I think should another poor trade be allowed?

Your honest opinion is appreciated. I don't want to be that guy if there's nothing here.
Have you confirmed he's still not planning on returning?

Assuming dynasty.  I'd trade Coleman for Holliday and 2nd in ppr.  

Seems fair enough to me. In dynasty, I just traded Dez for a 3rd rounder. I wasn't going to be able to keep him (R7 max and nor can he). He goes back to the auction pool after the year. I also traded Alf for a 5th in the same league. Neither were going to help my dumpster fire of a team at this point this year. 

if hes not returning he should not be allowed to trade at all imo

Especially future picks

Last edited by a moderator:
if hes not returning he should not be allowed to trade at all imo

Especially future picks
Agree about the future picks, in our re-draft leaguewe have a rule that all trades are to be equitable and future draft positions or FAAB money are not allowed. 

It's kind of gray.  I personally don't like an owner who is leaving to be trading in future drafts.  But, neither of those trades jump off the page as "HE DID WHAT?????"  So if you really don't want to "be that guy," then don't. 

Those trades don't seem that unfair, but if he's leaving next year, I might ask him why is making trades.

If he isn't coming back he shouldn't be trading. Period.  That being said those trades don't seem crazy at all in terms of value.

Wait, teams that are strong this year are trading their future to get stronger? 

Isnt that what your supposed to do?

Users who are viewing this thread