What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Dynasty Stashes (1 Viewer)

Obviously nothing in the regular season, but he looked dominant in preseason. Practice reports indicate he could be special, as well.

Gathers is a freak of nature with his size/speed/agility. Basketball background is helpful like several other top TEs, as well.
I like Rico too I just don’t see Witten going anywhere for at least 2-3 years unless the Boys have a disastrous year. I watched an interview with him this season and he mentioned how he takes great care of his body and he’s not thinking about retirement. Granted anything can happen but expect a few more years to see a return on your investment.

Tex

Any thoughts about Conner?  Can’t see the Steelers letting Bell walk, but you never know if a team throws a ton of money his way.

Conner is dealing with an MCL recovery but likely not a long-term thing.

I like Rico too I just don’t see Witten going anywhere for at least 2-3 years unless the Boys have a disastrous year. I watched an interview with him this season and he mentioned how he takes great care of his body and he’s not thinking about retirement. Granted anything can happen but expect a few more years to see a return on your investment.

Tex
I hear ya, but while Witten may not be going anywhere, he's a shell of his former self as far as his receiving ability. Witten wll simply have to take a reduced role, at least on passing downs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've liked the Buc's Chris Godwin.  As a 3rd round pick, he is probably on most dynasty rosters but might be available in leagues with a smaller roster size.  He is available in two of my leagues with rosters of 16-18.  A little buried on the depth chart and Tampa underwhelmed this year are probably why he is off the radar. 

The Jackson contract was a 3 year deal but now that Desean is in potential trouble (bullets and pot in his crashed vehicle?), this could accelerate a Godwin rise.

I hear ya, but while Witten may not be going anywhere, he's a shell of his former self as far as his receiving ability. Witten wll simply have to take a reduced role, at least on passing downs.
They could save 5.75 million by cutting him.  He's not a 6 million dollar TE at this point.

I’m not too sure about that. Witten is a guy who has skins on the wall and is respected by the players and the coaches. Time will tell but this story will end how Witten wants it to I wouldn’t try to push him to the side and say he’ll be reduced to a limited roll.

Tex

They could save 5.75 million by cutting him.  He's not a 6 million dollar TE at this point.
You two are forgetting how loyal JJ is to his star players especially someone like Witten who’s a first ballet HOF.

Tex

Any thoughts about Conner?  Can’t see the Steelers letting Bell walk, but you never know if a team throws a ton of money his way.

Backup player.

Tex

Jerry's loyalty to Witten is stronger than any Cowboy player I can recall and something is odd about the Gathers situation. 

I got a friend of mine who believes the Cowboys kept him on IR all year out of deference to Witten, who they or he believed that Rico would do to him what Dak did to Romo. I kind of thought that was far fetched until a tweet that Bryan Broudhaus(sp?) sent out a few weeks ago in response to someone asking him about Rico. Bryan, who works in the Star everyday, said some people in the organization did not want to see Rico this year. What does that mean? I don't know but suddenly my friends theory did not seem so off base.

This led to a lot of people asking the if in fact this was done to protect Witten. As far as I know Broadhaus never specified what he meant.

Another solid Cowboy insider I follow on tweeter said there was nothing to protecting Witten but that Rico just had a really bad concussion and he pointed to the fact that he could have practiced and not come off IR at least but he never even did that much. His take was Rico still had not got over the concussion which was months ago so would be a really bad sign.

Garrett and the Jones helped clarify nothing. Neither said anything about his concussion continuing to bother him but Stephen phrased it such a way as to indicate he was either not needed or not ready: "Probably at the end of the day because we had other tight ends on our roster, probably the best thing for him is going to be start fresh there in the offseason and get back in the groove and get another offseason under his belt. We have great expectations for him, but I think real difficult after sitting out this long for him to come in and really make a difference."

As for Stephens comments it's a bit hard for me to agree as I believe the Cowboys featured on the 3 worst pass catching groups in the NFL and either way you look at it it made sense for him to get activated. He either might have helped that stagnant offense in their playoff run or gained some valuable playing time if they were out of it. Like this upcoming week would have been a great game to use him.

So not sure what's up but he did look the part and I'm rostering him right now in most of my leagues. Most of those leagues we got to cut in mid March, hope to have some clarity by that time.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cowboys-release-a-football-legend

I'm not sure Witten is a first ballet HOF though he's someone who should get in. Guys like Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison had to wait and I would put him in the same category as them.

He's certainly no Emmitt Smith and JJ cut him.
I’m not one to compare the past or even players from an different era or position but there’s no question he’ll be a 1st ballot.

Tex

My top dynasty stashes right now are:

Rico

Trey Burton-will be a FA and will be someones starting TE next year, not the backup to Ertz.

Michael Clark-got on the field last week, some good and some bad, excited to see he can do this week and I think Jordy and/or Cobb are gone if they don't take massive pay cuts.

Keelan Cole-did not pick him up as a stash but to use him last few weeks, what he does this week and playoffs will factor into decision if I can keep him.

My top dynasty stashes right now are:

Rico

Trey Burton-will be a FA and will be someones starting TE next year, not the backup to Ertz.

Michael Clark-got on the field last week, some good and some bad, excited to see he can do this week and I think Jordy and/or Cobb are gone if they don't take massive pay cuts.

Keelan Cole-did not pick him up as a stash but to use him last few weeks, what he does this week and playoffs will factor into decision if I can keep him.
I like Rico, picked him up early in the pre season this season and stashed him. All my leagues are TE premium, and he looked great, so it made sense.

Cole, i agree with as well. Curious how theyre going to handle ARob this off season. Lots of mocks i see have Jax grabbing multiple WR in the first 4 rounds, which i sort of think is not going to happen.

A couple other guys I like are Ekeler, Noah Brown, Demarcus Robinson

I like Rico, picked him up early in the pre season this season and stashed him. All my leagues are TE premium, and he looked great, so it made sense.

Cole, i agree with as well. Curious how theyre going to handle ARob this off season. Lots of mocks i see have Jax grabbing multiple WR in the first 4 rounds, which i sort of think is not going to happen.

A couple other guys I like are Ekeler, Noah Brown, Demarcus Robinson
I'm only in one non-TE premium league myself so this is why I had two TE's listed as top stashes.

I'm looking at Cole as getting 2-3 more games to preview him. Not sure what they do with A-Rob but I don't think they go that heavy in the draft. Coughlin/Marrone don't seem like the type to prioritize so much draft capital on the WR position. I would say not the kind to spend so much on a FA WR either but I've got to think Robinson is someone they really want to keep but he won't be cheap. Will he be the most coveted FA WR?

Demarcus Robinson really disappointed me. I was erroneously higher on him coming into the NFL than I was on Hill. Both fell in draft due to off the field issues and I thought Robinson was the better player so when Conley went down I jumped on him in a lot of leagues. I've since cut bait but could be interesting this week to see if Mahomes has a better connection with him.

Jerry's loyalty to Witten is stronger than any Cowboy player I can recall and something is odd about the Gathers situation. 

I got a friend of mine who believes the Cowboys kept him on IR all year out of deference to Witten, who they or he believed that Rico would do to him what Dak did to Romo. I kind of thought that was far fetched until a tweet that Bryan Broudhaus(sp?) sent out a few weeks ago in response to someone asking him about Rico. Bryan, who works in the Star everyday, said some people in the organization did not want to see Rico this year. What does that mean? I don't know but suddenly my friends theory did not seem so off base.

This led to a lot of people asking the if in fact this was done to protect Witten. As far as I know Broadhaus never specified what he meant.

Another solid Cowboy insider I follow on tweeter said there was nothing to protecting Witten but that Rico just had a really bad concussion and he pointed to the fact that he could have practiced and not come off IR at least but he never even did that much. His take was Rico still had not got over the concussion which was months ago so would be a really bad sign.

Garrett and the Jones helped clarify nothing. Neither said anything about his concussion continuing to bother him but Stephen phrased it such a way as to indicate he was either not needed or not ready: "Probably at the end of the day because we had other tight ends on our roster, probably the best thing for him is going to be start fresh there in the offseason and get back in the groove and get another offseason under his belt. We have great expectations for him, but I think real difficult after sitting out this long for him to come in and really make a difference."

As for Stephens comments it's a bit hard for me to agree as I believe the Cowboys featured on the 3 worst pass catching groups in the NFL and either way you look at it it made sense for him to get activated. He either might have helped that stagnant offense in their playoff run or gained some valuable playing time if they were out of it. Like this upcoming week would have been a great game to use him.

So not sure what's up but he did look the part and I'm rostering him right now in most of my leagues. Most of those leagues we got to cut in mid March, hope to have some clarity by that time.
Witten just needs to go away.

I'm only in one non-TE premium league myself so this is why I had two TE's listed as top stashes.

I'm looking at Cole as getting 2-3 more games to preview him. Not sure what they do with A-Rob but I don't think they go that heavy in the draft. Coughlin/Marrone don't seem like the type to prioritize so much draft capital on the WR position. I would say not the kind to spend so much on a FA WR either but I've got to think Robinson is someone they really want to keep but he won't be cheap. Will he be the most coveted FA WR?

Demarcus Robinson really disappointed me. I was erroneously higher on him coming into the NFL than I was on Hill. Both fell in draft due to off the field issues and I thought Robinson was the better player so when Conley went down I jumped on him in a lot of leagues. I've since cut bait but could be interesting this week to see if Mahomes has a better connection with him.
Most coveted? Not sure, maybe. He will likely be the most available, in the sense that Landry and Adams coming off of really good seasons will command more money (Id assume)

As far as Robinson goes, if he could catch on with a contender that has a better QB on a prove it type of deal, he could be a steal in the future. Hes only like what? 24? Imagine him somewhere like SF, or Philly. Might even be able to thrive in a place like seattle or dallas. Im not 100% sure he will stay with Jax as I think youre right about marrone and coughlin. But Kahn has shown he will spend that money in recent seasons, so who knows.

Most coveted? Not sure, maybe. He will likely be the most available, in the sense that Landry and Adams coming off of really good seasons will command more money (Id assume)
I actually feel extremely confident Robinson will get paid more than Landry. Watkins more than Landry as well despite not having a big year statisically . NFL pays for speed at WR, they don't break the bank for a lot of possession WR's.  People are going to fall out when they see what Paul Richardson is able to get in FA.

Thoughts on Joe Williams with Hyde possibly departing as an UFA?

He didn’t show much in the preseason but  Shanahan really liked him coming out of college. Not sure if Breida showed enough this year to be elevated as the guy.

Thoughts on Joe Williams with Hyde possibly departing as an UFA?

He didn’t show much in the preseason but  Shanahan really liked him coming out of college. Not sure if Breida showed enough this year to be elevated as the guy.
A lot of Mocks have them taking Barkley. I’m not sure if they will or not but I do believe they will draft a RB at some point. If Barkley does declare they would be wise to do so.

Tex

i own both.

if bell walks conner becomes the starter.  pit loves this guy and he get extra chances.

if bell stays and get hurt or suspended conner becomes the starter.

if bell stays healthy you have to wait another year.

.chad williams, wr ariz?

he is being groomed to be fitz's replacement in the slot.

.chad williams, wr ariz?

he is being groomed to be fitz's replacement in the slot.
I think as a stash to see what happens in the off-season he's fine, but I have to say he's a guy who gets mentioned a lot and I don't really understand why - a bit like Jonathan Williams in the past (who is still getting mentioned as a deep stash priority, as if he's some kind of great talent), and Chad Kelly from the Broncos who I'm genuinely puzzled by. There are just certain guys who catch a bit of name buzz and it continues for a bit (because people repeat the same names they hear from others) and Williams seems like one of those guys. I suppose the opportunity is there and maybe it's the fact that he taken relatively high in the draft but he's a very low priority guy for me. I'd stash him if I basically had no other options. I'd rather take a chance on a guy like Ryan Switzer.

Just one person's opinion of course.  

I think as a stash to see what happens in the off-season he's fine, but I have to say he's a guy who gets mentioned a lot and I don't really understand why - a bit like Jonathan Williams in the past (who is still getting mentioned as a deep stash priority, as if he's some kind of great talent), and Chad Kelly from the Broncos who I'm genuinely puzzled by. There are just certain guys who catch a bit of name buzz and it continues for a bit (because people repeat the same names they hear from others) and Williams seems like one of those guys. I suppose the opportunity is there and maybe it's the fact that he taken relatively high in the draft but he's a very low priority guy for me. I'd stash him if I basically had no other options. I'd rather take a chance on a guy like Ryan Switzer.

Just one person's opinion of course.  
Kelly gets mention here because Waldman's report was very high on him and he was known to be a non-contributor for 2017 coming of injuries.  If he is as good as Waldman says he is on the team with the crappiest QB situation short of Cleveland or the Jets and will get opportunities.

i own both.

if bell walks conner becomes the starter.  pit loves this guy and he get extra chances.

if bell stays and get hurt or suspended conner becomes the starter.

if bell stays healthy you have to wait another year.
Curious what makes you so confident about Conner.  He seemed like a JAG to me.  Kind of a plodder who gets whats given, but doesnt create much.  Granted, we didnt see much of him, so I obviously could be missing something here, but by that same token I am wondering what about him gives you so much confidnece that a super bowl contender with a seemingly small window of opportunity would turn over its backfield to him.  If Bell walks, I would think Pitt either drafts a RB in the first few rounds, or signs a free agent like Hyde or Crowell.  I'd personally be a bit surprised if Conner went into next season as 1A but you may be more dialed in than I am .

As far as Robinson goes, if he could catch on with a contender that has a better QB on a prove it type of deal, he could be a steal in the future. Hes only like what? 24? Imagine him somewhere like SF, or Philly. Might even be able to thrive in a place like seattle or dallas. Im not 100% sure he will stay with Jax as I think youre right about marrone and coughlin. But Kahn has shown he will spend that money in recent seasons, so who knows.
Gotta figure Lynch goes after Watkins or arob, unless I'm missing another free agent wr he'd prefer. Makes too much sense and Lynch is certainly willing to make deals.

Chester Rogers is the dart I'd pick in Indy but who knows. UDFA with a 4.49 40 who excelled in camp and earned the third wr job over fa acquisition aiken.  He's not big but he could excel with luck. 
When I see him out there he looks like a clone of Marvin Harrison

wayne gallman...I kept him knowing Giants could go Barkley at #2 overall but if they pass.. I think Gallman has a good chance at starting.. Runs hard is durable and has better hands than expected.

Ditka Butkus said:
wayne gallman...I kept him knowing Giants could go Barkley at #2 overall but if they pass.. I think Gallman has a good chance at starting.. Runs hard is durable and has better hands than expected.
No one questions him starting, but he isn't anyone special, JAG

Maybe.... but he would be JAG who receives staters snaps...
Sounds like the exact same stuff people were saying about Perkins last year. Unless they improve that offensive line, a JAG level player won't get it done there. A guy like Barkley might be ok but he is a far cry from Gallman

Deep WR Stashes

Here's my ranking of the players

Thoughts?

Chris Moore WR BAL 

Robert Davis WR WAS 

Krishawn Hogan WR IND 

Trevor Davis WR GB

Michael Clark WR GB

Noah Brown WR DAL

Chad Hansen WR NYJ

Marcus Kemp WR KC

Marcus Johnson WR PHI

Thinking there is going to be big change in the WR depth chart in BAL and Moore is ready to ascend.  Davis could fill the role Pryor was initially intended for.  Moncrief is a FA this year.  GB is looking to get young at WR.  Noah Brown could be a cheap replacement for Dez.

Anyone got any stash candidates for 2019?

Antonio Calloway was just added in our league after he found the end zone this week. 

Anyone willing to share their stashes for next year? 

Hunter Henry's gotta stay healthy at some point, right? 

Elijah McGuire - Forte is another year older, I believe Powell is a FA too so that leaves McGuire to feast on whatever carries they give him (along with whatever other RB they sign/draft) but still promising for the chance they don't prioritize RB in their offseason.

Erik Swoope - I added him everywhere I could this offseason and he's been on my IR ever since in all my leagues.  Doyle has been impressive with Brissett but that offense usually hasn't yielded 1 strong TE when there are 2 on the roster.  Swoope comes back healthy next year with Luck hopefully back and could benefit. 

Leontee Carroo - as others have mentioned

Josh Reynolds - mentioned by others as well

Chris Carson - Might be a cheap add if someone doesn't believe in what he is.  A 7th round pick who only got a chance due to opportunity.  Might be the guy next year, worth a stash.

Jeremy Hill - Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?  He is a free agent, had an impressive rookie year then kind of got buried on the depth chart but still a good TD guy.  Free agent, could go somewhere and be the feature guy.  Likely free so what's it hurt to see where he lands in free agency?

Vance McDonald - The Steelers have been waiting for a TE since Miller retired, Vance has been hurt most of the year and it's a prolific offense (although I'd say 80% chance Ben retires).  Still young and athletic with not much ahead of him.  

Cam Meredith - Got him for free on waivers in an FFPC league so check your leagues.  Was the #1 in that offense and now they get an offseason to prepare with Trubisky together as a tandem?  Still has the talent to be a good #2 minimum I'd say.  

Keelan Cole/Dede Westbrook - Both have nice futures I'd think plus Arob and Lee are both free agents.  I expect the Jags to keep one of them but who knows.  

Chris Conley - Always has been one of my favorites, always underappreciated it seems.  I think he's grown a lot in the 3 years he's been in the league and he's stuck on an offense that doesn't feature WR's in the usual way.  Not a free agent til '19 so you might be able to get him for free near the middle/end of next season but why not look ahead?  

Davis Webb - Why would Eli stay in New York after that?  I can see him moving on, and the Giants screwing up to draft another QB so Webb might be the guy as a stop gap or their future.  2QB stash.  That's all I play so I'm throwing a few in.  

CJ Beathard - Looked good and competent when he started from the glimpses I saw so maybe he fights off Garoppolo for the starting job?  2QB stash.

James Connor - Who knows what happens to Lev Bell in the offseason but it'll be one of the most talked about stories probably.  Connor you might be up.  

Tyrell Williams - Free agent to be, hasn't been as good but he's probably looking for a payday after they took Mike Williams and he's put together 2 years of solid tape.  Could be a nice #2 in a prolific offense next year.  ex.  Sanu.  

Think that about covers my guys.  
I stashed Conner based on this post. 

Thank you for the list Z! 

The rest of the list sucks

Reynolds, Carson, McDonald? And plenty of other guys with trade value one year later. Churning the bottom of your roster to find these guys is what stashes are all about--no list of lottery tickets a year later is going to look great. 

What I'm trying to say is, your post sucks and his list was good for what it was. 

The rest of the list sucks
Win some you lose some.  I stashed Carson, Vance, Reynolds and Conner in a bunch of leagues.  Guess I'm still laughing.  Sure I stashed some of the others too, but what roster doesn't have some turnover?  Try not to act like your name, and the world will be a better place.  

Anyone got any stash candidates for 2019?

Antonio Calloway was just added in our league after he found the end zone this week. 

Anyone willing to share their stashes for next year? 

Hunter Henry's gotta stay healthy at some point, right? 
Deon Cain

Daurice Fountain 

DJ Chark

Dede Westbrook...again...(gtfo Bortles!)

Justin Watson 

Trey Quinn

Mason Rudolph 

Mack Hollins

Reynolds, Carson, McDonald? And plenty of other guys with trade value one year later. Churning the bottom of your roster to find these guys is what stashes are all about--no list of lottery tickets a year later is going to look great. 

What I'm trying to say is, your post sucks and his list was good for what it was. 
It was an excellent list given the context.  One guy who could have played a role this season was Jeremy Hill.  He found himself out of the Cincy dog house and earned a spot on a high powered offense prior to injury.

Dotting this. Really like stashing Rudolph.

Obviously stash Guice if you're in a keeper league. He's surely rostered in dynasty formats.

Users who are viewing this thread