What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Dynasty Stashes (1 Viewer)

Jeremy McNichols: A long forgotten man as he has been languishing on San Francisco’s practice squad. I actually find that promising. When he got to TB he was hurt, he missed OTA’s and got behind in learning the offense. This lead to him getting cut and thinking another team wouldn’t snake him. They were pissed when he left because they knew he has a nice talent profile. Shanahan won’t invest heavily on RB in the draft unless someone special falls (think Clinton Portis), even then no coach is more transparent about where RB falls on his value chart. SF will definitely add a RB but it will be full on open competition for the job. You should add him now before your league realizes this will occur. He’s a dart throw but you’re looking for opportunity/talent and he may just get a shot.
Just promoted to the active roster in San Francisco ... interesting.

This is getting very deep, but this is also the part of the season I love in dynasty leagues where you're hunting for next year's gems.

I stubbornly still like Dwayne Washington as a stash.  He's a supreme athlete (79th percentile speed; 80th percentile agility; 87th percentile burst), made the team as a 7th rounder last year and became Abdullah's main backup ... then fought injuries all year.  He's been injured most of this year too, but as a positional convert from WR, I think there's a lot of untapped potential there.  He may get a shot at lead back duties this week against Baltimore with Abdullah banged up (missed practice with a neck injury), though the matchup couldn't get much worse. 
Just dropped him yesterday in my one league but didn't know he has a chance at more playing time this year so just re added him. He had been getting the goalline work but not converting (like 0-5 or something the game against the steelers when they really needed a TD) I also didn't know he was a converted WR so maybe this next offseason he just clicks a little more and they give him that chance

I’m pretty torn on Washington - I still think he’s worth a stash and you can argue he hasn’t really had an opportunity yet but when he has been in, he’s shown a lack of vision/instincts. The physical profile is there but it doesn’t translate on the field.

There’s something there but part of the problem is the lions seem to just want to run him into the line which isn’t his game and he gets stuffed most of the time. If they got him into space and used him in the passing game I think he could really be good, but unfortunately they have Riddick for that. 

Just to comment on a couple players. These are my own thoughts and thus should be taken with a grain of salt (or more likely ignored). BUT!

Peyton Barber: I really don't think he's a future back in the NFL. He's a plodder who's struggled to pick up the playbook, is not a pass catching back, and has shown very little in the touches he's received. Even if Tampa Bay improves its run blocking, he's still a very limited back. 

Dwayne Washington: I watched all of Washington's snaps last year and I'll have to disagree with JFS171. He's a really good athlete, but lacks vision, shiftiness, and goes down too easily. He's also struggled to stay healthy. His strength is straight line speed, but that's not a particularly valuable RB skill. 

Of the two Washington has more upside as a WR convert his vision could improve. But I like some of the other upside stashes over these two. 

Just to comment on a couple players. These are my own thoughts and thus should be taken with a grain of salt (or more likely ignored). BUT!

Peyton Barber: I really don't think he's a future back in the NFL. He's a plodder who's struggled to pick up the playbook, is not a pass catching back, and has shown very little in the touches he's received. Even if Tampa Bay improves its run blocking, he's still a very limited back. 

Dwayne Washington: I watched all of Washington's snaps last year and I'll have to disagree with JFS171. He's a really good athlete, but lacks vision, shiftiness, and goes down too easily. He's also struggled to stay healthy. His strength is straight line speed, but that's not a particularly valuable RB skill. 

Of the two Washington has more upside as a WR convert his vision could improve. But I like some of the other upside stashes over these two. 
I'm not sure what I said differently than what you said -- what there is to disagree with I mean.  Washington is a great athlete.  He's been hurt a lot.  He may well lack vision and shiftiness, but he may also be learning the nuances of the position, and the team may be learning how to more effectively deploy him.  To me, great athlete + position convert = untapped potential ... but that potential may never be realized.

Quincy Enunwa as a what the hell stash. He was a breakout candidate before injury and a free agent going into this offseason. He could be the next Brian Quick, flash in the pan and nothing after injury but he looked good last year. I've had him stashed all offseason on IR
If available yes. It feels like I've had him stashed a lot longer over the last 3 years than he's even been worth thinking about starting, but he can be a good ppr wr3 if he plays.

Couple more receivers to add here:

Michael Clark, WR, GB - former basketball player GB just promoted from their practice squad to protect, despite having their 5th round pick and another high performing receiver from the preseason also on their PS, and having a full, healthy receiver corps on the 53 man roster already. Tells me they really like Clark and were worried he would get poached. Here’s his thread  for more info. 

Bruce Ellington, WR, HOU - Ellington has long been a favorite of mine as an elite athlete who hadn’t focused solely on football and hadn’t been able to stay healthy. He was set to explode in SF under Chip Kelly, then tore his hamstring. He’s bounced around the lesgue, but has landed in Houston and has stayed healthy all year. He’s produced when given opportunities. Now, Houston is probably not the ideal location for Ellington moving forward with Hopkins and Fuller ahead of him, and a competent TE in Fiedorowicz, but Ellington will be a restricted FA after this season and could find himself on another club with a better opportunity for targets. Even if he came back to Houston as their slot receiver, Watson may end up good enough to support WR3 value for Ellington, though again, I hope he goes elsewhere with a legit shot as a WR2 role. 

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Foster thread got bumped again and may have some volume as soon as this weekend in Arizona.

Long shot RB: LeShun Daniels RB, Washington. Has a similar athletic build to Perine. I have no clue whether he can catch or not but guessing no. I don’t think they’d want Marshall shouldering the load if Perine got hurt. 

Hoping to find room on 40+ roster spot teams for Jeff Janis.Aaron Rogers just didn't like him and a new team may try to take advantage of his athleticism. I'm also taking a flyer on Travis Rudolph on the Giants, a favorite of Geno Smith's. If Rudolph doesn't show anything the next few weeks he will be permanently droppable.

Bojang0301 said:
DJ Foster thread got bumped again and may have some volume as soon as this weekend in Arizona.

Long shot RB: LeShun Daniels RB, Washington. Has a similar athletic build to Perine. I have no clue whether he can catch or not but guessing no. I don’t think they’d want Marshall shouldering the load if Perine got hurt. 
My thing with Foster is where’s this really go for 2018?  Idk his contract status, so maybe he can go elsewhere, but there’s no doubt this is David Johnson's backfield for the foreseeable future. 

My thing with Foster is where’s this really go for 2018?  Idk his contract status, so maybe he can go elsewhere, but there’s no doubt this is David Johnson's backfield for the foreseeable future. 
Not sure but if he is able to have a role with Arizona now maybe he does have a future as a pass catching RB somewhere in the league. 

Just dropped Brandon Coleman for Nick Vannett in a TE premium league.
i've been adding him. we have no idea what Graham's situation will be come next year but that offense has shown it can still use a TE successfully. moreover, Vannett can actually line up along the line and block. Willson can't even do that much.

Exactly the reason I passed on DJ. 

Speaking only for dynasty, DJ Foster is cute ... but he has zero chance at having value as long as David Johnson is alive. 

Rather spend my lotto tickets on someone like Mike Clark.

Another vote for DeAngelo Henderson, and an excuse to get this thread starred for me.  Not much in front of him, and he looked like MJD in the preseason.  Bet he gets a shot next year once the garbage in front of him is cleansed from the roster.

Another vote for DeAngelo Henderson, and an excuse to get this thread starred for me.  Not much in front of him, and he looked like MJD in the preseason.  Bet he gets a shot next year once the garbage in front of him is cleansed from the roster.
:goodposting:

Maybe not as lightly owned as a number of other “stashes”, but Josh Reynolds will have the inside track of taking over Watkins X position if he’s not resigned. 

TE Everett has been forgotten after all of the Jordan Reed hype. I still believe it takes time for rookie TEs with the Rams Offense looking this good and Everette has shown flashes, grab him this offseason.

Tex

TE Everett has been forgotten after all of the Jordan Reed hype. I still believe it takes time for rookie TEs with the Rams Offense looking this good and Everette has shown flashes, grab him this offseason.

Tex
They’ve even lined him up at receiver lately. 

How does Nov 24, 2019 happen next season?
You’re right here, but turning 26 next year as a second year player isn’t exactly a boon for him either. 

Said another way, he’s 6 months older than Malcolm Brown, who’s looking at his second contract this offseason. 

JFS171 said:
You’re right here, but turning 26 next year as a second year player isn’t exactly a boon for him either. 

Said another way, he’s 6 months older than Malcolm Brown, who’s looking at his second contract this offseason. 
I get it, that’s why he’s a stash rather than something else. I’m just humored talking about a guy being 27 when he was 24 a short 10 days ago.

Age is a bit of a negative, but still potential for Henderson to be relevant for quite a few years if he can make a mark.  Most RB's aren't a thing for more than 4-6 years anyway it seems.

Any thoughts on Peyton Barber?

Can’t imagine the Bucs bring back Martin. They could easily go RB in the draft or free agency but you never know. Jacquizz is who he is - depth.

Coaching staff seems to like Barber, but is he JAG? 
I think he has some potential but it really doesn’t matter is the coaching staff likes him since they’re gone at season’s end.

Rico Gathers might be the top stash in the league, IMO.

Gathers can be virtually uncoverable with his size (both height/girth) & speed. We're talking about a 6'6 285-pound TE with 4.75 speed who plays like a giant WR. 

He's still a little raw, but has very good hands & looked dominant in preseason. Gathers could make a huge difference in Dallas' offense next season.

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Add Nick Vannett as one of potential deep sleepers.  Jimmy Graham is in the final year of his contract with Seahawks and they may not able to afford Graham.  Vannett seems to have a good rapport with Russell Wilson.  

BigTex said:

Tex
Forgotten? Not by many of us. He was a highly regarded rookie pick. Of course if he's available, grab him. But he shouldn't be available in leagues with any real depth.

Add Nick Vannett as one of potential deep sleepers.  Jimmy Graham is in the final year of his contract with Seahawks and they may not able to afford Graham.  Vannett seems to have a good rapport with Russell Wilson.  
What is this based upon? Just curious as it hasn't been showing in the stats over the past two years. Obviously it's hard for a TE to get playing time with Jimmy in town. Could be a good grab, he's been under the radar so far.

What is this based upon? Just curious as it hasn't been showing in the stats over the past two years. Obviously it's hard for a TE to get playing time with Jimmy in town. Could be a good grab, he's been under the radar so far.
True... particularly a valid argument on "under the radar".  I was watching Seahawks-Eagles game last night and Wilson seemed to target Vannett whenever Graham wasn't on the field.  It wouldn't hurt to pick up Vannett for potential deep dynasty stash now and wait to see how Graham's situation with Seahawks unfold next year. 

Age is a bit of a negative, but still potential for Henderson to be relevant for quite a few years if he can make a mark.  Most RB's aren't a thing for more than 4-6 years anyway it seems.
Speaking of older guys, is anyone stashing Taysom Hill? He was talked about a bit during this week's game and surprisingly got a couple tackles on special teams. It's odd to see a QB play special teams but it seems the saints like him. 

Rico Gathers might be the top stash in the league, IMO.

Gathers can be virtually uncoverable with his size (both height/girth) & speed. We're talking about a 6'6 285-pound TE with 4.75 speed who plays like a giant WR. 

He's still a little raw, but has very good hands & looked dominant in preseason. Gathers could make a huge difference in Dallas' offense next season.
So, you're impressed with Rico's girth?

Anything you've seen on the football field to indicate he's special?

So, you're impressed with Rico's girth?

Anything you've seen on the football field to indicate he's special?
Obviously nothing in the regular season, but he looked dominant in preseason. Practice reports indicate he could be special, as well.

Gathers is a freak of nature with his size/speed/agility. Also, basketball background is helpful like several other top TEs.

Looks like tion green is the Detroit rb to stash not Dwayne washington
Worth rostering but regardless of performance, the Lions draft a big back in the 2nd or 3rd round. Teams seem to always do that when it appears that they may already have their guy. 

Worth rostering but regardless of performance, the Lions draft a big back in the 2nd or 3rd round. Teams seem to always do that when it appears that they may already have their guy. 
Certainly possible in Detroit, no doubt.  It feels to me like they tried to solve the RB issue numerous ways over the years.  

2010 - Jahvid Best at 30th overall (believe they traded back into the 1st to get him - a 2,4, and 7 from the looks of things; Best's career was ruined by concussions)
2011 - Mikel Leshoure at 57th overall (tore his achilles in his rookie year training camp - was likely never the same)
2012 - Joique Bell makes the team after bouncing around the league - effectively becomes their lead back from 2013-2014
2013 - Theo Riddick at 199th overall (stumbled into this one as a complementary hybrid weapon)
2015 - Ameer Abdullah at 54th overall (feels like they're still searching)
2015 - Zach Zenner UDFA
2016 - Dwayne Washington in the 7th as a position convert
2017 - Tion Green UDFA

It feels to me like if someone takes control here, they're going to have a shot at keeping the role.

Certainly possible in Detroit, no doubt.  It feels to me like they tried to solve the RB issue numerous ways over the years.  

2010 - Jahvid Best at 30th overall (believe they traded back into the 1st to get him - a 2,4, and 7 from the looks of things; Best's career was ruined by concussions)
2011 - Mikel Leshoure at 57th overall (tore his achilles in his rookie year training camp - was likely never the same)
2012 - Joique Bell makes the team after bouncing around the league - effectively becomes their lead back from 2013-2014
2013 - Theo Riddick at 199th overall (stumbled into this one as a complementary hybrid weapon)
2015 - Ameer Abdullah at 54th overall (feels like they're still searching)
2015 - Zach Zenner UDFA
2016 - Dwayne Washington in the 7th as a position convert
2017 - Tion Green UDFA

It feels to me like if someone takes control here, they're going to have a shot at keeping the role.
I added him in three leagues, because why not? But this tells me lod001 is more than likely correct that they will try and add an impact guy. The only thing that could work in Green's favor is if they are still holding out hope for Abdullah being their guy. If that's the case Green just may be able to carve out a role and either surpass AA or wait it out until he gets injured again.

One I've been watching and just added again this week in my deeper league is Chris Moore from Baltimore. 6'1 200lbs so decent size, has had some decent games this year and had big play ability in college tho that hasn't been the case at the moment. Wallace is getting up there in age plus is a FA, perriman is terrible and if I remember right maclin only signed a 1 year deal. Yes Baltimore is gonna add some other guys but I don't think it would be crazy for him to be there #2 next year and put up something like Wallace has this year which isn't amazing but for a free add you could do worse
Solid post here. Looking to pick up Moore in a few leagues this week with this offseason in mind. He's sparked enough to warrant adding. Plus the potential opportunity with Wallace and Campanaro as free agents. Maclin does have another year, but his contract seems like one the Ravens could part ways with if they're willing to take a slight cap hit. He's due a $1 million roster bonus the 3rd day of the new league year. 

I added him in three leagues, because why not? But this tells me lod001 is more than likely correct that they will try and add an impact guy. The only thing that could work in Green's favor is if they are still holding out hope for Abdullah being their guy. If that's the case Green just may be able to carve out a role and either surpass AA or wait it out until he gets injured again.
Happy to be proved wrong and if you have the room and no one else appeals then I agree why not, but Green seems like just a warm body with no upside. I can't imagine the Lions giving him a significant role next season, barring injury.

I know metrics aren't everything but his profile is HORRIFIC. I'm a believer that, as a general rule, you need at least a baseline of athletic talent to be successful in the NFL. Guys like Green to me are just roster cloggers in dynasty. 

Users who are viewing this thread