What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Dynasty Stashes (3 Viewers)

Malcolm Brown, RB, LAR - One of my favorite stashes all year as the handcuff to Gurley, Brown then injured his knee in November and has been MIA since (and may have been dropped in your leagues as a result).  News yesterday from the Rams suggests he could return to practice this week.  He's a restricted FA after this season, and will just turn 25 in May.  Former #1 overall RB recruit in the country ... could easily have a Michael Turner type career on his second contract elsewhere.
With Brown out for the season with a broken clavicle, it could be a blessing in disguise for dynasty purposes in getting him on the cheap. If Kelly shows something the next few weeks, there may be little incentive for the Rams to tender Brown, allowing him to be an UFA.  I would be surprised if other teams didn't know about this guy's talent - it's a longshot, but he could blossom in the right situation.

Lauletta

Scarbrough

Jaleel Scott

Ito Smith of course

All Packers rookie WRs

Trey Quinn

Chris Herndon

Chris Carson - Might be a cheap add if someone doesn't believe in what he is.  A 7th round pick who only got a chance due to opportunity.  Might be the guy next year, worth a stash.

Vance McDonald - The Steelers have been waiting for a TE since Miller retired, Vance has been hurt most of the year and it's a prolific offense (although I'd say 80% chance Ben retires).  Still young and athletic with not much ahead of him.  

James Connor - Who knows what happens to Lev Bell in the offseason but it'll be one of the most talked about stories probably.  Connor you might be up.  

Tyrell Williams - Free agent to be, hasn't been as good but he's probably looking for a payday after they took Mike Williams and he's put together 2 years of solid tape.  Could be a nice #2 in a prolific offense next year.  ex.  Sanu.  
This thread got bumped so I was curious to see how this played out.  You had some misses but I did not see anyone hit as strong as you, some of these are great calls.

ETA I see these calls were already discussed earlier in this thread, I'm late to the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lauletta

Scarbrough

Jaleel Scott

Ito Smith of course

All Packers rookie WRs

Trey Quinn

Chris Herndon
Why Jaleel Scott?

I was grabbing him late in rookie drafts or as a FA after them in a couple of leagues but from everything I saw he was about to be cut last year when he got hurt so the Ravens just put him on IR instead

Why Jaleel Scott?

I was grabbing him late in rookie drafts or as a FA after them in a couple of leagues but from everything I saw he was about to be cut last year when he got hurt so the Ravens just put him on IR instead
Just situation, nothing he showed.

May have already been said, but Rod Smith will be an UFA next year.  He's not young in RB years (will be 27 in January), but by some accounts I have read, has three-down ability. Like Marlon Brown, just stuck behind an all-world, do-it-all talent.

is it just me, or is are skill position players getting younger?

right now, in my 12 team 17 man roster league, 44 rookies are on rosters. (3 year contracts with 1 year contracts given to midseason pickups.)

that's a league record by a long shot...

anyone else noticing this?

right now, in my 12 team 17 man roster league, 44 rookies are on rosters. (3 year contracts with 1 year contracts given to midseason pickups.)

It's the rookie wage scale. Teams are incentivized to have their mediocre JAGs be first contract mid/late rounders rather than solid but more expensive vets. For that reason it's also a lot harder to make a living as a career special teamer unless you're incredible--you'll just be replaced by a guy on a rookie contract once you need to be paid more. 

I am seeing similar behavior in my league... I count 28 Rookies on Rosters..  And for me, ALL my RB's are young (4 Rookies) plus I traded NOS WR T Smith away.... 

Kamara, J Adams, Chubb, R Freeman & midseason pickup Justin Jackson

The salary cap certainly has something to to do with the number of young players as far as NFL rosters go, but in FF, it’s mostly due to the recent talent influx. 2018 was a banner class. We have 55 rookies rostered in my 14-team/24 dynasty league.

We’ve been spolied lately with outstanding skill position talent. 2019 doesn’t look nearly as good as the previous two classes so there won’t be as many rookies next year.

I am seeing similar behavior in my league... I count 28 Rookies on Rosters..  And for me, ALL my RB's are young (4 Rookies) plus I traded NOS WR T Smith away.... 

Kamara, J Adams, Chubb, R Freeman & midseason pickup Justin Jackson

this is definitely the youngest my team has been in this league in the 18 years i've been in it. normally, i've found value in vets in this contract/auction format since people tend to bid as if it's a dynasty league. but this year i personally account for 7 of the rookies rostered in the league, 4 of them at RB. (45 total rookies now that someone picked up hamilton for the broncos!)

It's the rookie wage scale. Teams are incentivized to have their mediocre JAGs be first contract mid/late rounders rather than solid but more expensive vets. For that reason it's also a lot harder to make a living as a career special teamer unless you're incredible--you'll just be replaced by a guy on a rookie contract once you need to be paid more. 

yeah. i think we've been seeing this trend in the NFL for a bit but it really feels like it jumped a lot this year.

The salary cap certainly has something to to do with the number of young players as far as NFL rosters go, but in FF, it’s mostly due to the recent classes. 2018 was a banner class. We have 55 rookies rostered in my 14-team/24 dynasty league.

We’ve been spolied lately with outstanding skill position talent. 2019 doesn’t look nearly as good as the previous two classes so there won’t be as many rookies next year.

55 rookies! wow.

and interesting. thanks. so i guess the combo of the draft class with the growing trend of teams avoiding paying expensive vets, this looks like a perfect storm... i'll be curious to monitor this next year in this league.

55 rookies! wow.

and interesting. thanks. so i guess the combo of the draft class with the growing trend of teams avoiding paying expensive vets, this looks like a perfect storm... i'll be curious to monitor this next year in this league.

Just went through and counted in my 14 team/24 player (plus 3 IR and 3 taxi). 

66 rookies, all offense and no kickers. 

Devy league (1 round) too so that's not even counting the college players. It's definitely a shift. 

16x20 contract league - 55 rookies rostered (3 kickers)

ETA - I have Chris Warren III stashed on IR

Users who are viewing this thread