Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bojang0301

Jeff Triplette Retiring

I'll miss that lovable clueless old goof.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

It's about time they nfl listened to two decades of complaints. 

RIP, Jeff, you'll be remembered as the worst there ever was 

Who loses between Jeff Triplette and Phil Luckett?

I heard they are replacing him with a mannequin. Will do the same amount of work and only cost a fraction of the money. 

• Like 2

Do you think the NFL is embarrassed enough by the officiating this year, including the post-season, that we'll see some sensible changes made in the off season for next year, or . . . . .

are we going to have to wait for all of these clowns to retire?

He's the guy that blinded Orlando Brown??? 

Oh my God. Remember when everyone hated Orlando Brown for his reaction to being blinded? Holy criminy. What a loser this guy is...

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, wormburner said:

Do you think the NFL is embarrassed enough by the officiating this year, including the post-season, that we'll see some sensible changes made in the off season for next year, or . . . . .

are we going to have to wait for all of these clowns to retire?

They tried and 90% of you pitched a fit

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

They tried and 90% of you pitched a fit

They tried what?

Calling a catch a catch?

Not calling a QB sack/fumble forward progress?

Spotting the ball correctly?

I don't recall pitching a fit to any of these things.

Just now, wormburner said:

They tried what?

Calling a catch a catch?

Not calling a QB sack/fumble forward progress?

Spotting the ball correctly?

I don't recall pitching a fit to any of these things.

Telling the Ref union that it’s a full time job and getting replacement refs. The media and then public sided with these crappy part time refs over the league.  You now reap the rewards. 

48 minutes ago, rockaction said:

He's the guy that blinded Orlando Brown??? 

Oh my God. Remember when everyone hated Orlando Brown for his reaction to being blinded? Holy criminy. What a loser this guy is...

I still remember that, and feel bad for Brown. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Super King said:

I still remember that, and feel bad for Brown. 

I felt awful for Brown then. That was like, "you just shot a bear and you're wondering why he's mad." I just never knew who the ref was.  

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Telling the Ref union that it’s a full time job and getting replacement refs. The media and then public sided with these crappy part time refs over the league.  You now reap the rewards. 

Revisionist history. How do you not remember the Green Bay game with the simulataneous TD/incomplete call.

5 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

Revisionist history. How do you not remember the Green Bay game with the simulataneous TD/incomplete call.

I do and I along with a handful of others here were fully supporting taking the temporary step backwards for the greater good. There’s a thread here with the discussion

5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I do and I along with a handful of others here were fully supporting taking the temporary step backwards for the greater good. There’s a thread here with the discussion

I’m not educated enough on the situation. All I know is that the replacements were basically high school level and while Triplette was garbage many of the problems stem from the league creating new and vague rules, overuse of replay or misuse of replay. I’d be open to hear what would have been the solution to many of the league’s current referee issues. 

6 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I do too and I didn't care about the outcome of that game. Golden Tate made a great play, and those bozos messed it up. 

Good on you, BassNBrew. 

I was never in support of hiring those guys back. There's a utile concern instead of each game as some singular sanctified entity.  

Media hysteria over a nationally televised game got these guys back when they were clearly incompetent. Sandy Alderson and MLB did a much better job of holding these unionists accountable.  

Jeff Tripplette was terrible, but Al Riveron is doing much more damage to the league.  His miasma of incompetence hangs over literally every game.

• Like 1