What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (2 Viewers)

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/122599-antonio-brown-honors-49ers-great-jerry-rice-instagram/

While Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown distances himself from his current team, it seems like he is becoming a fan of another which sits across the country — the San Francisco 49ers.

According to a report by Jordan Heck of the Sporting News, Brown stopped following the Steelers on Instagram and started following the 49ers, along with several of their players, making it evident that there is a rift between him and his current team.

Brown is following 3,843 accounts on Twitter. As of this post, three of the last four belong to 49ers safety Adrian Colbert, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, and Kittle.

Jerry Rice believes Brown is a team player and would be an asset to the 49ers, should he end up on the trading block.

Brown may have responded to Rice's comments and claim to the throne (as the GOAT) on Wednesday via a story on Instagram, and likely done a little damage control in the hearts of the Niner Faithful. The post featured a Fathead wall decal of Rice with an actual goat in the foreground. It was a good move by Brown if he indeed hopes to one day land in Santa Clara.

According to a report by Jordan Heck of the Sporting News, Brown stopped following the Steelers on Instagram and started following the 49ers,
I guess I am old but I hate that this is way adults express themselves these days :getoffmylawn:

fred_1_15301 said:
Yeah it would have to be a dire situation to cut/trade AB.  The window with Ben is short and they need to maximize their probability of winning a Super Bowl in the next few years.  Trading AB does not do that.  It's not like he beat up a child/woman.  He may have some attitude issues (a lot of players have this) but he tremendously improves the team.  
He basically quit on the team last week. Not sure how you bring a guy like that back. 

So for the sake of argument let's say the Steelers decide to bite the bullet and trade AB.   What kind of return would they get?   

Anyone giving up a #1 for arguably the best receiver in football but is a malcontent and turning 31?

Such a shame the franchise is turning into an embarrassment right before our eyes. Not sure what they can do at this point to turn things around. 

Such a shame the franchise is turning into an embarrassment right before our eyes. Not sure what they can do at this point to turn things around. 
Start by firing Tomlin.

I used to be big fan, and even up to a few years ago thought we might take a step back if we tried to replace him.

But present-day Tomlin is more of a detriment to this team than anything.  The teams lack of in-game adjustments, lack of preparation, a plethora of bone-headed mistakes, and superstar divas acting more important than the team have all contributed to this team's downfall.  All of these problems don't exist, or are minimized, if Tomlin is a good HC. 

Start by firing Tomlin.

I used to be big fan, and even up to a few years ago thought we might take a step back if we tried to replace him.

But present-day Tomlin is more of a detriment to this team than anything.  The teams lack of in-game adjustments, lack of preparation, a plethora of bone-headed mistakes, and superstar divas acting more important than the team have all contributed to this team's downfall.  All of these problems don't exist, or are minimized, if Tomlin is a good HC. 
Tomlin is not getting fired. 

Tomlin is not getting fired. 
I know Tomlin's not getting fired, but I was addressing the best way to right the ship.

Firing Tomlin would have a bigger impact on this team's future than a lot of other things that people are concentrating on, like losing Bell, AB, Shazier, or even Munchak (which seems inevitable).

I know Tomlin's not getting fired, but I was addressing the best way to right the ship.

Firing Tomlin would have a bigger impact on this team's future than a lot of other things that people are concentrating on, like losing Bell, AB, Shazier, or even Munchak (which seems inevitable).
Agreed but what isn't known is whether or not it would be an impact for the better.

Agreed but what isn't known is whether or not it would be an impact for the better.
Really?  You think Capt. Aviator can still manage to turn this team back in the right direction?  

I give almost any new coach with a fresh perspective a much better chance of achieving this than Tomlin.

Buttonhook said:
Really?  You think Capt. Aviator can still manage to turn this team back in the right direction?  

I give almost any new coach with a fresh perspective a much better chance of achieving this than Tomlin.
I think you give a SB winning coach that's never had a losing season a chance to right the ship over an unknown.   Silly idea but I have a feeling the Rooneys agree with me.

AB needs to come out and say something positive to shut this #### down. They need him. No way you get compensation for him that helps win in the next 1-2 seasons that offsets the dead money. 

Steelers had a tough season but were still potentially good enough to win it all, despite $22mm+ in cap spending on guys who never touched the field (bell/shazier). If Brown is on board, this team should be a top 2 seed next season with what I assume will be an easier schedule. 

Last edited by a moderator:
AB needs to come out and say something positive to #### this #### down. They need him. No way you get compensation for him that helps win in the next 1-2 seasons that offsets the dead money. 

Steelers had a tough season but were still potentially good enough to win it all, despite $22mm+ in cap spending on guys who never touched the field (bell/shazier). If Brown is on board, this team should be a top 2 seed next season with what I assume will be an easier schedule. 
From Brown's perspective, why does he need to do this?  That would benefit the Steelers, not him.  You said it yourself in the next sentence "they need him."  He has all the leverage here:

1-Pitt won't discipline him, as evidenced by his escalating behaviors this season that were ignored, lied about, swept under the rug, etc

2-IF Pitt were to decide to get rid of him in a trade, he's still getting paid.  IF Pitt were to decide to just cut him (a la KC with Hunt), he's gonna get paid even more money as a FA WR (2019 salary + signing bonus) than he'd get from Pitt this year anyway.

So, why does Brown need to say anything positive?  The HC covered for him before the wk 17 game, then threw him under the bus afterwards (he deserved to be under the bus, but the fact remains that Brown likely felt like he deserved better, because he's ANTONIO BROWN); reports have been coming out from current and former teammates that he is selfish, a diva, a bad teammate, etc.  I don't see any reason why he'd feel like he needs to say anything to make things better for the Steelers.

From Brown's perspective, why does he need to do this?  That would benefit the Steelers, not him.  You said it yourself in the next sentence "they need him."  He has all the leverage here:

1-Pitt won't discipline him, as evidenced by his escalating behaviors this season that were ignored, lied about, swept under the rug, etc

2-IF Pitt were to decide to get rid of him in a trade, he's still getting paid.  IF Pitt were to decide to just cut him (a la KC with Hunt), he's gonna get paid even more money as a FA WR (2019 salary + signing bonus) than he'd get from Pitt this year anyway.

So, why does Brown need to say anything positive?  The HC covered for him before the wk 17 game, then threw him under the bus afterwards (he deserved to be under the bus, but the fact remains that Brown likely felt like he deserved better, because he's ANTONIO BROWN); reports have been coming out from current and former teammates that he is selfish, a diva, a bad teammate, etc.  I don't see any reason why he'd feel like he needs to say anything to make things better for the Steelers.
For a couple of reasons:

AB is a media whore -- he needs to do this to save face if he cares anything about his public image, future endorsements, etc.

AB is still a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.   If he remains on the team no one wants to work in a hostile environment and the easiest way to fix that is  with some kind of apology to his coach and teammates (he's done it before). 

If he is angling for a trade then maybe he feels alienating himself from the team is the best way to do it but he has no control over where he goes. He could end up on a bad team where the QB stinks and AB's days of being a top receiver are over.   

The Steelers have disciplined him to the extent that they can (i.e. benching him).  If they don't trade AB and he continues to act up then they can suspend him for games next season which will obviously hurt the team but will affect also AB in the pocketbook but more importantly to his precious:  his stats.   AB would rather have 10 receptions for 150 yds and TDs than win a game.   Missing games due to suspension will affect the thing that is most dear to him.

I think you give a SB winning coach that's never had a losing season a chance to right the ship over an unknown.   Silly idea but I have a feeling the Rooneys agree with me.
Was it a silly idea for the Packers to fire their "SB winning coach" in the middle of this season?

What is silly is to hang on to a coach because he won a SB 10 years ago, but in the present day has clearly lost control of his team, and is constantly being outcoached during games.  

I do respect your opinion GB, but I see the Steelers as a sinking ship that can't be fixed by the current HC.  You obviously see it differently, and because the Rooneys will not fire Tomlin, I REALLY hope you're right.

Was it a silly idea for the Packers to fire their "SB winning coach" in the middle of this season?

What is silly is to hang on to a coach because he won a SB 10 years ago, but in the present day has clearly lost control of his team, and is constantly being outcoached during games.  

I do respect your opinion GB, but I see the Steelers as a sinking ship that can't be fixed by the current HC.  You obviously see it differently, and because the Rooneys will not fire Tomlin, I REALLY hope you're right.
Yes. It was silly for green bay to do that. 

I have doubts too but I think you give Tomlin a chance to fix this.   As far as losing control of the team I really don't know.  Putting aside the AB situation for the moment you could certainly look at the collapse in the second half and come to the conclusion the team quit on his coach but I don't think that was the case at all.  They had late leads in those games but missed FGs, fumbles, a bad call and yes some questionable coaching decisions were the reasons for the losses.

The Leveon Bell fiasco was not Tomlin's making and the AB situation is the case of one of your best players going off the rails.   There were attempts at discipline but obviously they did not work and ultimately he was benched.   It would have been interesting to see how this week would have played out if the Browns win last week and the Steelers were preparing for a playoff game.

In short I have no idea if Tomlin can get this team back to the playoffs next season but I think you give him the chance.  If we suck then I'll agree that Tomlin needs to go.

Yes. It was silly for green bay to do that. 
I don't follow the Pack closely, but I have a few friends who are die-hard fans, and they ALL say that McCarthy's play-calling was abysmal, and he proved time and time again that he was behind the times compared to other coaches.  Much like I feel about Tomlin, they feel like McCarthy lost his players and it was time to move on.

For a couple of reasons:

AB is a media whore -- he needs to do this to save face if he cares anything about his public image, future endorsements, etc.

AB is still a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.   If he remains on the team no one wants to work in a hostile environment and the easiest way to fix that is  with some kind of apology to his coach and teammates (he's done it before). 

If he is angling for a trade then maybe he feels alienating himself from the team is the best way to do it but he has no control over where he goes. He could end up on a bad team where the QB stinks and AB's days of being a top receiver are over.   

The Steelers have disciplined him to the extent that they can (i.e. benching him).  If they don't trade AB and he continues to act up then they can suspend him for games next season which will obviously hurt the team but will affect also AB in the pocketbook but more importantly to his precious:  his stats.   AB would rather have 10 receptions for 150 yds and TDs than win a game.   Missing games due to suspension will affect the thing that is most dear to him.
I think you are thinking about it more rationally than AB is.  

If he was such a media whore that he felt like he might be damaging his public image, he wouldn't have skipped all the practices/walk-through last week; he wouldn't have been chucking stuff out of his hotel/condo in Miami in the offseason; he wouldn't have left TC and been photographed in Miami when he was supposed to be in Latrobe; he wouldn't ##### on the sidelines after his team scores a TD because he wasn't the guy who scored it.  If his need to  "save face" didn't prevent those things, I fail to see why it would now lead him to issue a public apology.

He doesn't seem to value his place as a member of the Steelers too highly.  This type of behavior has been going on for a while, by most accounts, and I doubt a forced, insincere apology would make the work environment any more different (more/less "hostile") than it already is.  I don't see how a "my bad" will make his teammates forget that he threw a tantrum b/c he wasn't named team MVP, threw a ball at his QB because he told him to run a route differently, and skipped the entire week of practices leading up to (and ultimately the game) they needed to win to have any shot at the playoffs.

If he's angling for anything, it would be (IMO) to be cut.  Short of the Steelers bowing to him (which is the most likely outcome, IMO), that would be his best (and likely desired) outcome.  

The Steelers haven't, by any means, disciplined Brown to the extent he can.  They should have fined and/or suspended him for some/all of these antics.  Skipping medical treatments, going to the beach in MIA when TC is going on & you're under contract (and are supposedly getting treatment in Pitt), skipping practices/walk-throughs, leaving a game at halftime, etc all deserve discipline, and by most accounts, were ignored.  Benching him for one game, while trying to pretend it was an injury decision (only admitting the truth when forced to) is not discipline.  

I think you are thinking about it more rationally than AB is.  

If he was such a media whore that he felt like he might be damaging his public image, he wouldn't have skipped all the practices/walk-through last week; he wouldn't have been chucking stuff out of his hotel/condo in Miami in the offseason; he wouldn't have left TC and been photographed in Miami when he was supposed to be in Latrobe; he wouldn't ##### on the sidelines after his team scores a TD because he wasn't the guy who scored it.  If his need to  "save face" didn't prevent those things, I fail to see why it would now lead him to issue a public apology.

He doesn't seem to value his place as a member of the Steelers too highly.  This type of behavior has been going on for a while, by most accounts, and I doubt a forced, insincere apology would make the work environment any more different (more/less "hostile") than it already is.  I don't see how a "my bad" will make his teammates forget that he threw a tantrum b/c he wasn't named team MVP, threw a ball at his QB because he told him to run a route differently, and skipped the entire week of practices leading up to (and ultimately the game) they needed to win to have any shot at the playoffs.

If he's angling for anything, it would be (IMO) to be cut.  Short of the Steelers bowing to him (which is the most likely outcome, IMO), that would be his best (and likely desired) outcome.  

The Steelers haven't, by any means, disciplined Brown to the extent he can.  They should have fined and/or suspended him for some/all of these antics.  Skipping medical treatments, going to the beach in MIA when TC is going on & you're under contract (and are supposedly getting treatment in Pitt), skipping practices/walk-throughs, leaving a game at halftime, etc all deserve discipline, and by most accounts, were ignored.  Benching him for one game, while trying to pretend it was an injury decision (only admitting the truth when forced to) is not discipline.  
I don't think it is very likely the Steelers will simply cut Antonio Brown and let him walk away.  

I don't think it is very likely the Steelers will simply cut Antonio Brown and let him walk away.  
Neither do I; but it's also not very likely that they will trade him.  So if neither of these things are very likely, and he doesn't care about his image or the impact he has on the locker room (which his behavior suggests), why would he issue an apology?

Neither do I; but it's also not very likely that they will trade him.  So if neither of these things are very likely, and he doesn't care about his image or the impact he has on the locker room (which his behavior suggests), why would he issue an apology?
He cares about himself and no one likes working in a hostile environment.    If he stays with the team he will have to address his teammates eventually.

I don't think he lost control of his team. They played hard, but mistakes cost them.  The team drama this year has mainly centered around two people, AB and Bell. AB is a me person, and not a team person. His teammates recognize that, and I think that is why they voted JuJu MVP over him. He was already jealous of JuJu, so that MVP had to have really pissed him off. He went AWOL. He has gotten way too big for his britches. As for Bell, there was nothing Tomlin could do about that, and they did well with RBs Conner and Samuels. 

As for Tomlin, all coaches get out-coached now and then, and he could do a better job on some things. I also think a change of scenery can be good for a coach, especially a coach that has had a long tenure with a team. However, I wouldn't fire Tomlin right now, but I wouldn't sign him to an extension either. I'd wait and see what develops next season. The Steelers are usually competitive every year, and that includes this year. If AB is a Steeler next year and his antics continue, Tomlin will have to nip it in the bud fast. He did discipline Antonio by benching him for the last game, but Antonio's behavior this season has left a bad stench in the air that his teammates smell. Hopefully they can clear that air one way or another.

He cares about himself and no one likes working in a hostile environment.    If he stays with the team he will have to address his teammates eventually.
Again, I think you are giving him more credit for rational thought processes than he might deserve.  If he cared about avoiding a hostile environment, why has there been repeated examples of behavior that is likely to lead to a hostile environment?  After anyone of those instances, one could have said "he won't like working in a hostile environment, so if he stays with the Steelers, he won't do this type of stuff again."  And yet, we have not 1, or 2, or 3, but MANY examples of Brown essentially saying (through his actions) "f### my team/teammates; I'm going to do what I want to do."

If he's willing to behave like that, repeatedly, even though it will cause a hostile environment, it's unreasonable to expect him to make a public apology that benefits the team (that he's not currently happy with) that only benefits him by making that environment less hostile.

Kevin Greene was insinuating he’d be interested in the LB job. Not sure how he did with GB’s LB’s a few years back.

So they really are considering a trade?

Who in the top 10 of the draft this year needs a wr that also has a defensive player the steelers would covet?

Best hope for a trade of AB is AB and our 2nd for the Bills 1st.  That's AB and pick ~52 for pick 9. The Bills potentially have their QB for the near future, now he needs a WR. I don't think that any team is going to give us a top 10 pick straight up for AB, I'm a bit dubious that any team would give a #1 for him. But if we could package, keep our 1st, and get a top 10 pick that would be amazing. That gives us a shot at a real game changer like Ed Oliver, Clelin Ferrell, Greedy Williams, or Quinnen Williams. 

I don't know that we'll be able to trade AB for that much though, even if he is still a top 3 WR in the league. 

Another thought, people have talked about us cutting Gilbert due to his price and injuries, is there any chance we could trade him instead, even for a late pick? Just 1 year ago he was thought about as a top 10 RT, I know he's been injured but I think that's still worth something. 

Some of the hypothetical trades that I've seen are absolutely nuts and I don't think could happen. Others are more realistic but I'm still not convinced:

• AB to AZ for Pick 33 and Patrick Peterson: Would they even do AB for Peterson straight up? High character star CB for potential trouble albeit with amazing WR talent. 
  • AB to Oak for Pick 4 or Picks 24 & 27 (projected): Really? Is AB worth the #4 pick or 2 later 1sts at his age, even though he does have a reasonable contract for his least 3 years?
  • AB to NYJ for Pick 3: Again, is he worth that much? I think at a minimum we would have to give AB and a pick, possibly our 1st to move up that high. Maybe I just overvalue draft capital because of fantasy though.
  • AB to SF for Pick 2: See previous.
  • AB to MIA for Xavien Howard and Pick 13: Up and coming CB and a top pick for an Aging Star? With a team that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, how does this make sense?
  • AB to Oak for Picks 24 and Bears 2020 3rd, and Karl Joseph: Closer to reality I think. Not sure Joseph has really panned out, but is that coaching or talent (See Cooper, Amari). 
  • AB to DET for Pick 8, Philly 3rd, and Jaylen Reeves-Maybin (LB): Still hard to believe teams will give us a top 10 pick and more for AB. 
  • AB to INDY for Pick 26 (projected), Pick 35, 2020 5th: This seems realistic to me. I'm not sure the Indy GM will give up this much to have AB complain that TY is getting all the passes, but late 1st early 2nd sounds more realistic than a top 10 pick plus more. 
  • AB to SF for 2020 1st, 2019 4th, and Solomon Thomas OR 2019 2nd: I think they are genuinely interested, but I'm not sure this is the deal that gets done. 
  • AB to BUF for Tremaine Edmunds: Would be interesting.
  • AB to CLE for Denzel Ward: In division? Get real. 
  • AB to TEN for Pick 19: Perhaps the most realistic trade value-wise, but I don't see Vrabel wanting to trade his 1st for a WR. 
I think that most people are just taking shots in the dark. They're trying to base the value off past trades, but the WRs traded recently were on rookie deals, but also not as good as AB. My guess is that he's worth a 2nd half 1st round pick. So either a late 1st and some other stuff, or an early 1st and we give other stuff, but it's the NFL. You never know what crazy things can happen. The Steelers unloaded Santonio for less than he was worth just to get him out, hopefully we don't do that again and we're able to get a steal of a trade, like we did with Martavis. 

So they really are considering a trade?

Who in the top 10 of the draft this year needs a wr that also has a defensive player the steelers would covet?
The problem with trading a malcontent, is that there is no guarantee he won't have similar disruptive issues in his new landing spot. This will be some of the baggage following Lev Bell around in free agency as well.

No way AB is worth a top-10 pick... wrong side of the Mendoza line for one thing (age vs talent w/ issues/risk).

Broncos hire Vic Fangio! Munchak safe for now!

Also, Jags sign Thomas Rawls and are moving to get rid of Fournette's guarantees. What if the Steelers traded AB and their 1st (20) for Fournette and the Jags 1st (7). It's not a strong QB class, so even if the Jags want a QB they should be able to get a top 4 guy at 20. I know a lot of people don't like Fournette, and he has had a handful of injuries so this might not be the best idea, but it gets us a Bell replacement/depth at RB and moves us up to an area of the draft that could net us a real star. Imagine if we got Greedy Williams or Quinnen Williams. 

Some of the hypothetical trades that I've seen are absolutely nuts and I don't think could happen. Others are more realistic but I'm still not convinced:

• AB to AZ for Pick 33 and Patrick Peterson: Would they even do AB for Peterson straight up? High character star CB for potential trouble albeit with amazing WR talent. 
  • AB to Oak for Pick 4 or Picks 24 & 27 (projected): Really? Is AB worth the #4 pick or 2 later 1sts at his age, even though he does have a reasonable contract for his least 3 years?
  • AB to NYJ for Pick 3: Again, is he worth that much? I think at a minimum we would have to give AB and a pick, possibly our 1st to move up that high. Maybe I just overvalue draft capital because of fantasy though.
  • AB to SF for Pick 2: See previous.
  • AB to MIA for Xavien Howard and Pick 13: Up and coming CB and a top pick for an Aging Star? With a team that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, how does this make sense?
  • AB to Oak for Picks 24 and Bears 2020 3rd, and Karl Joseph: Closer to reality I think. Not sure Joseph has really panned out, but is that coaching or talent (See Cooper, Amari). 
  • AB to DET for Pick 8, Philly 3rd, and Jaylen Reeves-Maybin (LB): Still hard to believe teams will give us a top 10 pick and more for AB. 
  • AB to INDY for Pick 26 (projected), Pick 35, 2020 5th: This seems realistic to me. I'm not sure the Indy GM will give up this much to have AB complain that TY is getting all the passes, but late 1st early 2nd sounds more realistic than a top 10 pick plus more. 
  • AB to SF for 2020 1st, 2019 4th, and Solomon Thomas OR 2019 2nd: I think they are genuinely interested, but I'm not sure this is the deal that gets done. 
  • AB to BUF for Tremaine Edmunds: Would be interesting.
  • AB to CLE for Denzel Ward: In division? Get real. 
  • AB to TEN for Pick 19: Perhaps the most realistic trade value-wise, but I don't see Vrabel wanting to trade his 1st for a WR. 
I think that most people are just taking shots in the dark. They're trying to base the value off past trades, but the WRs traded recently were on rookie deals, but also not as good as AB. My guess is that he's worth a 2nd half 1st round pick. So either a late 1st and some other stuff, or an early 1st and we give other stuff, but it's the NFL. You never know what crazy things can happen. The Steelers unloaded Santonio for less than he was worth just to get him out, hopefully we don't do that again and we're able to get a steal of a trade, like we did with Martavis. 
These are all interesting but in my gut I have a feeling all sides hug and kiss and AB stays with the Steelers.    

AB to AZ for Pick 33 and Patrick Peterson: Would they even do AB for Peterson straight up? High character star CB for potential trouble albeit with amazing WR talent. 
This would be awesome but no way it happens.

I still think the Steelers should attempt to trade AB for all 3 of OAKs first round picks... if they thought Bryant was worth a 3rd it makes sense :lol:  

Godsbrother said:
These are all interesting but in my gut I have a feeling all sides hug and kiss and AB stays with the Steelers.    
This is what I hope happens.  I don’t care who the Steelers draft.  They aren’t winning a Super Bowl in the next couple years if this offense falls apart.  They have to find a way to live with AB and his ridiculous antics/attitude.  

That's quite a list, though I don't see anything that's Tomlin's fault. I don't know if publicly criticizing/fining elite prima donna players would've made anything better. Though maybe we're at that point now. 
Agree and why I made sure to post this in the Steelers thread and not the Tomlin should be fired thread.

The Athletic is the best sports site in existence but I don't think it's cool to share their pay content willy nilly. A subscription is like $4/mo and they deserve to get paid. I'm impressed by what they are trying to do and I hope it works. Has the potential to change sports journalism (and journalism in general) for the better. 
I was really unsure of proper protocol. They often give free trials so I figured letting people read an article might actually be good for them but appreciate the feedback. And 100% all you said on about The Athletic, absolutely great site and they deserve to be paid.

That's quite a list, though I don't see anything that's Tomlin's fault. I don't know if publicly criticizing/fining elite prima donna players would've made anything better. Though maybe we're at that point now. 

Back to the Steelers, I'm glad they got rid of Porter, but don't understand firing the RB coach. Def. coordinator and DB coach were much more glaring issues, at least to my untrained eye. 
Yet when Ben called out AB he was criticized for doing it.    You can't win...

As far as the coaching moves go, this was Bradley (DB coach) first season with the team -- I am willing to give him a little more time.  I am on the fence with Butler:  I thought he made some great adjustments early in the season by dialing up the pass rush (the team tied with KC for most sacks).   But down the stretch the defense blew late 4th quarter leads, something that has plagued the team the past couple of seasons.   The worst collapse was the Oakland loss -- that alone was grounds for dismissal.

Users who are viewing this thread