Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
St. Louis Bob

"How's everything tasting?" "Can I get you anything else?"

"How's everything tasting?" "Can I get you anything else?"  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Tick said:

Buncha whiners here.  I don't really care what they say, I'm just glad they stop by and refill my drink.  US restaurant service is great.

Some people should just stay home or hit the drive thru.

2 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Yeah that commission on the $13 entree and the $8 dessert is really going to motivate crackhead Sally waitress to upsell. After taxes she gets about a quarter.

A lot of places will actually offer prizes and ####.

”Whoever sells the most Irish Nachos today gets a gift card from Starbucks!”

2 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

A lot of places will actually offer prizes and ####.

”Whoever sells the most Irish Nachos today gets a gift card from Starbucks!”

tell me more

2 hours ago, Sullie said:

The fact of the matter is, Olive Garden to me, literally, is EXACTLY like microwaved Marie Callender (except it's more tepid and bland) which is fine for $1.29 but not for $15 plus tip plus at least one "how's everything tasting?" thrown in for good measure!

You need to actually eat a microwaved dinner.  Not similar in anyway whatsoever.  You should turn down the invite next time and actually eat a Marie Callendar dinner.  You deserve it.

1 minute ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

You need to actually eat a microwaved dinner.  Not similar in anyway whatsoever.  You should turn down the invite next time and actually eat a Marie Callendar dinner.  You deserve it.

I have, my son LOVES them, they're much better than Olive Garden, bon appetit to you though, sounds like you deserve Olive Garden! :)

Edited by Sullie

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

Do they have Marie Callender all you can eat salad and bread sticks?

If they did, one would be more than enough.

38 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Do they have Marie Callender all you can eat salad and bread sticks?

This is almost always the response I see from OG defenders (with no offense intended to NB). To me that's like saying "Sure, I paid 12 bucks to watch Showgirls, but the popcorn was really good" 

13 minutes ago, BrutalPenguin said:

This is almost always the response I see from OG defenders (with no offense intended to NB). To me that's like saying "Sure, I paid 12 bucks to watch Showgirls, but the popcorn was really good" 

Sure, if it was all you can eat popcorn included with the cost of the movie.   And movie theaters wonder how they can bring in more business.  Sign me up.

24 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Sure, if it was all you can eat popcorn included with the cost of the movie.   And movie theaters wonder how they can bring in more business.  Sign me up.

All u can eat popcorn. $14.

7 hours ago, peaces said:

I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job.

some other guy, on some other ####### job, is Mister Purple. you're Mister Pink.

Edited by mr. furley
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

some other guy, on some other ####### job, is Mister Purple. you're Mister Pink.

Toby. Toby? Toby? Toby Wong. Toby Wong? Toby Wong. Toby Chung? ****ing Charlie Chan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, St. Louis Bob said:

When I'm celebrating a special occasion at the Olive Garden I hate constantly being interrupted with these types of questions.  I'll let you know when we want some more bread sticks, toots.

:lmao:

• Like 1

Bunch of grumpy old men in here. How difficult is it to say “fine, thanks.”?  I’d rather the waiter/waitress stop by more than me have to flag them down.

• Like 2

My father will 100% of the time come up with some trivial detail he's not happy about like, usually there's a bit more broccoli in this stir fry, so that was disappointing. Luckily he looks like the crazy old man that he is so most people shrug it off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrutalPenguin said:

"How's everything tasting?". It's Olive Garden so it all tastes like microwaved Marie Callender meals, but I knew that coming in.

In my younger days I actually quite liked that everything on the menu tasted exactly the same.

11 hours ago, zoonation said:

“Can I start you off with an appy” is fine.  Mentioning specific items off the menu is gauch.  

Actually, if a waiter ever says "appy" to me they're getting an elbow to the throat.  

The food is surprisingly good, what with my low expectations based upon experience.  As for getting me anything else, not tonight, I'm dining with my wife and daughter, but definitely next time sugar britches because I really like that thing you did with your finger the last time I was in, sort of explains the "employees Must Wash Hands" signs in the bathroom.

22 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Outstanding work by SLB

He is one of my favorites on this board...:wub:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrip541 said:

My father will 100% of the time come up with some trivial detail he's not happy about like, usually there's a bit more broccoli in this stir fry, so that was disappointing. Luckily he looks like the crazy old man that he is so most people shrug it off.

I was in Vegas last week and took my parents to the Bacchanal buffet at Ceasers Palace, first thing Dad says is "these potatoes are to greasy".  Luckily everything else was so good he couldn't complain.  His schitck is not liking expensive restaurants so one for bacchanal they only got one complaint out of him.

14 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

:yes:

Delicious breadsticks, solid salad, great Italian food, and usually above-average service. There's a reason they're so popular. 

What’s this now?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

What’s this now?

This reminds me of a John Stewart episode where The Donald took Palin to a Famous Famiglia's in times square and said it was real NYC pizza.  

I totally thought this was a secs thread. :Dadbanana:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zoonation said:

“Can I start you off with an appy” is fine.  

A what?! 

20 hours ago, NutterButter said:

tell me more

irish nachos. meh.

Instead of tortilla chips they use sliced fried potatoes - then load it up with your standard nachos toppings.  

Gets too soggy for my taste.  

On 3/16/2018 at 4:32 PM, [icon] said:

Can I start you off with some Shrimp poppers or hot wings? Maybe a Cola or a margarita to drink? 

I have never...ever sat down, heard that suggestion spiel, and thought "Why Hell..I wasn't PLANNING on having an appetizer but you just sold me on it. Got job little buddy!" 

You’ve never had a server make a suggestion that sounded appealing and you ordered it?

13 hours ago, Captain Cranks said:

Actually, if a waiter ever says "appy" to me they're getting an elbow to the throat.  

Wow. You’re easily triggered.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

You’ve never had a server make a suggestion that sounded appealing and you ordered it?

If it’s the daily special at a nice restaurant, of course. I’ll frequently ask what off menu specials they’ve got going on if they don’t offer them. 

But, have I been persuaded/inspired to order something from the scripted sales pitch at some chain place that does that crap? No. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 2:00 PM, Aerial Assault said:

Checking in is fine.  "How is everything" or "how are you folks doing" is completely inoffensive.  However, "How's everything tasting" drives me up a wall.  Do they expect a detailed breakdown of my gustatory sensations?  Why not ask how my tactile experience is going as well, and if everything is pleasant from an olfactory standpoint?  Just simply stop this already. 

You people are weird. 

• Like 1