What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Michael Gallup Puns Galore (3 Viewers)

Maybe not now, but in March when everybody is going nuts about the 2020 class, dangling the 13th or 14th pick for Gallup might get some guppies to bite.

Can't hurt to see if they're already star-struck.
No chance 

had it verbally offered it to me prior to this week

his value may have gone up, but this guy is star struck on the 2020 class

guess I'll see if it's still an option 
IF it’s still on the table take it. He looks like a bona fide stud

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Gallup strung together seven catches for 113 yards and a touchdown on 14 targets Sunday in the Cowboys’ Week 5 loss to Green Bay.

Predictably, 91 of his 113 yards came with Dallas trailing in the second half. Gallup was expected to be limited coming off a meniscus trim, though that certainly wasn't the case as the stud sophomore was in on 61 of the Cowboys' 71 offensive snaps (85.9 percent). There were low moments—Gallup committed a costly fourth-quarter drop and was also the intended target on one of Dak Prescott's interceptions. But overall, Gallup was spectacular, proving his worth as a downfield weapon by bullying Tramon Williams for a 40-yard touchdown. Gallup should be an enticing WR2 when the Cowboys travel to New York to face the Jets' Swiss-cheese secondary in Week 6.

Oct 6, 2019, 8:14 PM ET

Hello, i have the myplaybook app and was using it to see a waiver trade dropping golden tate and pick up michael gallup. The app told me tate was a better choice, but i havent seen him play until today. Should i pick up gallup and drop tate?

Hello guys i just saw gallup on the waiver wire and my question is should i pick him up and drop golden tate, im concerned bc i saw he had a knee injury earlier, but his points and targeting rate is great for me

FGITLOTR said:
he's worth more than a 2nd. 

mr roboto said:
You won’t get him for that. 

Arodin said:
Maybe not now, but in March when everybody is going nuts about the 2020 class, dangling the 13th or 14th pick for Gallup might get some guppies to bite.

Can't hurt to see if they're already star-struck.

wilked said:
No chance 
Not to turn this into an assistant coach question but I did get an offer of:

Get: Gallup + My 2020 3rd (bottom 3)

Give: Corey Davis + His 2020 2nd (Top 2 or 3)

Might help others looking to buy. Not sure I want to move so far down from pick 13 or 14 to pick 34 or lower. Hoping to grab a QB with that pick but might have to take this deal anyways 

Bearafan420 said:
Hello guys i just saw gallup on the waiver wire and my question is should i pick him up and drop golden tate, im concerned bc i saw he had a knee injury earlier, but his points and targeting rate is great for me
Yes!  He has weekly WR2 value with splash WR1 weeks.  Tate won’t sniff that.  

This sounds crazy (as of six weeks ago), but Diggs or Gallup for the stretch run?  Which horse are you picking in dynasty?

Diggs may or may not be a better player. He’s 2 years and four months older. His QB is very likely worse. His offense, unlike what we would’ve thought in August, is more run heavy. Both guys seem like the clear second or third option. 

So who’s your pick to win?  Who’s your pick to place?  Does dynasty change your decision vs redraft?

This sounds crazy (as of six weeks ago), but Diggs or Gallup for the stretch run?  Which horse are you picking in dynasty?

Diggs may or may not be a better player. He’s 2 years and four months older. His QB is very likely worse. His offense, unlike what we would’ve thought in August, is more run heavy. Both guys seem like the clear second or third option. 

So who’s your pick to win?  Who’s your pick to place?  Does dynasty change your decision vs redraft?
Gallup. The Vikings offense has become run focussed and Digs is second fiddle in that offense.

I'm all in on Gallup- invested in all of ly leagues now. Excited about this guy long term. 

I have a similar situation in my main dynasty league of Gallup or Diggs. Going Gallup this week until Diggs and MIN prove me wrong  

Michael Gallup could be giving out some glory hole action while Cooper is lame.  I've been here 23 years. I've been here when it was glory hole days and when it wasn't. I want me some glory hole.

was sunday proof that perhaps gallup is better off with cooper playing drawing coverage? cooper basically missed the entire game and all he did was 7 tar, 4-48-0... "insert horse pun here"

was sunday proof that perhaps gallup is better off with cooper playing drawing coverage? cooper basically missed the entire game and all he did was 7 tar, 4-48-0... "insert horse pun here"
Maybe, maybe not. From an efficiency standpoint, sure it helps to be facing easier coverage, but with a full week to prepare as a #1 WR, and against the Eagles, its well within reason Gallup is off to the races this week.

Thinking the same but I think the line needs to get healthy and the Eagles will still have to account for Zeke and now Austin gadget plays, seems to be seeing more and more of the field.  I'm hoping Gallup can get his giddy-up on Sunday night.

Thinking the same but I think the line needs to get healthy and the Eagles will still have to account for Zeke and now Austin gadget plays, seems to be seeing more and more of the field.  I'm hoping Gallup can get his giddy-up on Sunday night.
The real question is will he Gallup into the end zone this week?

dkp993 said:
The real question is will he Gallup into the end zone this week?
I think Gallup is going to put up huge numbers if/while Cooper is out.  I’ve been here 23 years. I’ve been here when it was glory hole days and when it wasn’t. I want me some glory hole.

Michael Gallup (knee) was limited for Wednesday and Thursday's practices.

There is zero concern as to Gallup's Week 7 status, it's just something to pass along ahead of Sunday night's showdown with the Eagles. Gallup will likely be running as the Cowboys' No. 1 receiver with Amari Cooper's (quad) status in grave doubt. Randall Cobb (back) is also poised to be sidelined, leaving just Devin Smith and Tavon Austin behind Gallup. It's a golden matchup for the sophomore, but he will be the primary focus of the defense's attention, which is not usually the case.

Oct 17, 2019, 4:30 PM ET

We shall see if this horse has the endurance to be a #1. Hopefully he can get a clean break out of the gate in the first quarter and sprints to a great finish for us!

Michael Gallup caught 2-of-6 targets for 33 yards and one touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 9 win over the Giants.

Gallup was fourth on the team in targets but made a sweet tap-dance touchdown grab along the right sideline from 15 yards out in the fourth quarter, hopping over a defender before twisting into the end zone. It was Gallup's first score since Week 5 and second of the season. Gallup will be a WR3/4 option next week at home against the Vikings.

Nov 5, 2019, 12:06 AM ET

Aside from the TD, what happened on the 4 targets that didn’t materialize into anything? 
Dak was off on his deep ball all night. They also choose to throw a ton of shorter passes to Cobb and Witten. It was a weird gameplan that would have probably gotten them beat against a more competent team.

Wise Old Owl said:
Dak was off on his deep ball all night. They also choose to throw a ton of shorter passes to Cobb and Witten. It was a weird gameplan that would have probably gotten them beat against a more competent team.
This is accurate. Dak also missed Cooper on a couple deep balls.  The game plan was run heavy so that meant not a lot of targets and then the passing focus was the short to middle field, favoring Cobb and Witten. It seemed like they were playing a very ball control, risk average game plan. 

Wise Old Owl said:
Agreed and I couldn’t believe it, was screaming at the TV all night. The corner Gallup was matched up against almost all night has a 70% catch rate against him for the year. I can’t tell you how many times I saw Gallup with two or three steps on the guy and Dax just never went his way.  Had the potential to be a massive game. So disappointing.  

Was playing against Gallup last night and it struck me how much he was under-utilized given CB match up and the instances where Gallup was open. That said, it is absolutely true that DAL was looking to run the ball down the Giants' throat every chance they got.

And with that said, it also made me think about why Dak seems to gets so much attention and love. Where he was off, he was really off and almost seemed hesitant under pressure. I don't think anyone would call him elite, but I am not sure I saw anything from last night's game that made me think he was a good dependable QB -- fantasy or NFL wise.

Admittedly small sample size on my end, don't see tons of DAL games.

Michael Gallup (knee) wasn't listed on the Cowboys' final injury report.

Gallup posted 7-158-0, 6-68-0 and 7-113-1 lines in his first three games of the season, but has limped to 4-48-0, 3-34-0 and 2-33-1 performances since. Randall Cobb has been just as productive recently with 3-53-0, 2-20-0 and 6-35-0 lines over his last three games. Gallup *should* work as the more fantasy-friendly WR in most instances, but these recent struggles are an example of life as an auxiliary option inside of an offense with a clear-cut No. 1 WR and RB that demands 20-plus rush attempts per game.

SOURCE: Jon Machota on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:20 PM ET

Michael Gallup caught 9-of-13 targets for 148 yards in the Cowboys' Week 11 win over the Lions.

Gallup's 13 targets were the most on the team. He regularly proved to be too much for Rashaan Melvin to handle, making contested catches down the field and generally just getting open at will. The Cowboys’ second-year WR might not boast the most straight-line speed in the world, but Gallup’s route-running goodness and ability to make plays on 50/50 balls has stood out throughout his short career. He's posted 2-33-1, 4-76-1 and 9-148-0 lines in three games since the Cowboys’ Week 8 bye, but the entire passing game should be approached with caution in Week 12’s road matchup against the Patriots.

Michael Gallup caught 4-of-6 targets for 55 yards in the Cowboys' Week 12 loss to the Patriots.

Gallup saw plenty of both J.C. Jackson and Jonathan Jones with Jason McCourty (groin) inactive. The Cowboys’ No. 2 WR had to earn each and every one of his yards vs. the Patriots’ beastly secondary, but Gallup did display some savvy route-running ability throughout the afternoon. Dak Prescott’s inaccurate showing didn’t help matters. Gallup has a chance to truly ball out on Thanksgiving Day against the Bills with Amari Cooper expected to draw shadow coverage from Tre’Davious White.

Michael Gallup caught 6-of-10 targets for 109 yards in the Cowboys' Week 14 loss to the Bears.

It was the fourth 100-yard effort of Gallup's caeer, with each of them coming this season. 41 of his yards came in the fourth quarter of a non-competitive game, but Gallup also lost a 26-yard reception to a soft penalty call on Tavon Austin. Gallup's 10 targets led the team as Amari Cooper did not look like himself gutting out a knee issue. Now up to 905 yards on the year, Gallup has reached at least 55 in five straight contests. With Cooper likely to draw Jalen Ramsey against the Rams in Week 15, Gallup could be headed for a heavy workload.

Users who are viewing this thread