What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Many Taco Bell Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch? (1 Viewer)

How Many Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch?

• 1-2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • 5-6

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • 7-8

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • 9-10

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 16+

Votes: 16 10.0%

• Total voters
Ditkaless Wonders said:
25 years ago a buddy of mine with whom I prosecuted at the time talked me into going to Taco Bell at lunch.  He loved the place.  Prior to that I had gone a few times in my life, but was by no means a regular.  I had nothing in particular against them.  The food was disgusting, but no big deal, I had eaten at lots of disgusting places, most notably White Castle and George Webb's.  If you can stomach that stuff you can stomach anything.  Like John Rambo I could eat things that would make a Billy goat sick.

Anyhow I was in the middle of a jury trial but the Court gave us an hour and a half for lunch.  Off we went.  I ordered up four of their basic tacos and a beef burrito.  The names of these delights I don't recall, just their basic menu items.  The meal was more or less unmemorable.  I do remember that my friend, Jim, ordered twice as much food and ate it with gusto.  Driving back to court Jim was in some distress and needed the bathroom pretty urgently.  We parted ways.

I was feeling pretty good when the trial recommenced. Twenty minutes in I started sweating a bit and feeling unwell, the cramps had started.   I fought through bravely though thrown a bit from my game.  An hour in the Judge looked at me and said Mr. DW, would you like a break?  Apparently the battle in my colon was that evident on my face. I thanked his Honor and did the butt clench quickstep to the nearest facility.  The explosion was powerful, wet, and accompanied by enough natural gas to power a small town through a cold winter night.  I was able to continue the trial, but felt queasy the rest of the afternoon.

After the verdict came in and the court room cleared his Honor came back out.  He told me that Jim had left the courthouse sick as a dog and that he was amazed I had finished the trial.  On my part there was no denying what had happened.  I simply thanked him for his understanding.  He asked me whether I had learned anything.  I had.  I have not returned since, and I am cautious with my afternoon meal when in trial, very cautious.  Jim on the other hand continued eating at the Bell several times a week for as long as I knew him.  The experience did not detour him one bit.
Lol.

I never eat when I'm in court. Mainly for that reason.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
25 years ago a buddy of mine with whom I prosecuted at the time talked me into going to Taco Bell at lunch.  He loved the place.  Prior to that I had gone a few times in my life, but was by no means a regular.  I had nothing in particular against them.  The food was disgusting, but no big deal, I had eaten at lots of disgusting places, most notably White Castle and George Webb's.  If you can stomach that stuff you can stomach anything.  Like John Rambo I could eat things that would make a Billy goat sick.

Anyhow I was in the middle of a jury trial but the Court gave us an hour and a half for lunch.  Off we went.  I ordered up four of their basic tacos and a beef burrito.  The names of these delights I don't recall, just their basic menu items.  The meal was more or less unmemorable.  I do remember that my friend, Jim, ordered twice as much food and ate it with gusto.  Driving back to court Jim was in some distress and needed the bathroom pretty urgently.  We parted ways.

I was feeling pretty good when the trial recommenced. Twenty minutes in I started sweating a bit and feeling unwell, the cramps had started.   I fought through bravely though thrown a bit from my game.  An hour in the Judge looked at me and said Mr. DW, would you like a break?  Apparently the battle in my colon was that evident on my face. I thanked his Honor and did the butt clench quickstep to the nearest facility.  The explosion was powerful, wet, and accompanied by enough natural gas to power a small town through a cold winter night.  I was able to continue the trial, but felt queasy the rest of the afternoon.

After the verdict came in and the court room cleared his Honor came back out.  He told me that Jim had left the courthouse sick as a dog and that he was amazed I had finished the trial.  On my part there was no denying what had happened.  I simply thanked him for his understanding.  He asked me whether I had learned anything.  I had.  I have not returned since, and I am cautious with my afternoon meal when in trial, very cautious.  Jim on the other hand continued eating at the Bell several times a week for as long as I knew him.  The experience did not detour him one bit.

Speaking of White Castle, the day my brother got married we, his groomsmen, decided to give his bride a wedding night gift by taking him to White Castle for lunch.

One oft he groomsmen had never been to White Castle before, and he jumped right in by eating 10 sliders and a side of onion chips.

He literally spent the entire wedding reception on the toilet. 

is TB any good these days? i haven't had them in probably 5-7 years. i know they have been trying to "fix" their menu and make it more appealing somehow. i'd rather hit a Chipotle - and risk norovirus - than give TB a second chance unless there is a compelling reason why.
It's not the same type of food as Chipotle - Taco Bell is the pinnacle of the food genre "Tacobell", but the nadir of the food genre "Mexican".

When I want Mexican food, I go to the local place (Taqueria Azteca).  When I want Tacobell food, I get Taco Bell.  That's pretty rare if my son isn't with me.

It's not the same type of food as Chipotle - Taco Bell is the pinnacle of the food genre "Tacobell", but the nadir of the food genre "Mexican".

When I want Mexican food, I go to the local place (Taqueria Azteca).  When I want Tacobell food, I get Taco Bell.  That's pretty rare if my son isn't with me.
This is EXACTlY what I think of McDs. I don't think I'd ever call a 1/4lber with cheese a "hamburger"...it's a 1/4lber with cheese- it's own subspecies of food.

Can we financially incentivize @General Malaise to get in on this taco eating contest? 

Shuke puts his confidence level of being able to eat 15 tacos in 15 minutes at a 7 (1-10 scale), I'd personally like to see him try.

I think we can easily raise at least $500 to reward the winner - I'd kick in $20 to start. 
If GM is out and youre looking for another competitor I am in.  I think Taco Bell should be its own food group

Lol.

I never eat when I'm in court. Mainly for that reason.
I go with a protein bar at lunch that I know I can take down.  Or, depending on the court, a salad or sandwich at the deli i've had a bunch before and know I'll hold down no problem. 

@shuke you’ve been challenged above. We don’t know much about our challenger except Taco Bell is in his backyard. The only other definitive in the scouting report is he was a 2017 WSOP Main Event participant, and ordered tacos while sitting at the table.

I know what you’re thinking - you know GM’s game, you know you can take him, you’re scared your reign as champion is winding down and you don’t know if you can handle the young up and comer in the great taco eatoff of 2018. He’s got $10k on the line at the WSOP and he’s sitting there eating tacos, he’s def not to be taken lightly.

You & GM were like Magic & Bird, but father time gets us all. I think you’ll step up and show your fans you’re still the champ. They’re still hopeful, and with GM bowing out, you can finally put him away in the decade long GM/Shuke rivalry while stealing some GM fans away. 

Good luck!

@shuke you’ve been challenged above. We don’t know much about our challenger except Taco Bell is in his backyard. The only other definitive in the scouting report is he was a 2017 WSOP Main Event participant, and ordered tacos while sitting at the table.

I know what you’re thinking - you know GM’s game, you know you can take him, you’re scared your reign as champion is winding down and you don’t know if you can handle the young up and comer in the great taco eatoff of 2018. He’s got $10k on the line at the WSOP and he’s sitting there eating tacos, he’s def not to be taken lightly.

You & GM were like Magic & Bird, but father time gets us all. I think you’ll step up and show your fans you’re still the champ. They’re still hopeful, and with GM bowing out, you can finally put him away in the decade long GM/Shuke rivalry while stealing some GM fans away. 

Good luck!
Have you ever heard of The War of the Worlds radio broadcast in 1938?

It was entertainment that a lot of simple folk took as real.

GM didn't bow out... you've mistake GM's Grade AAA entertaining schtick as a concession.

I have little doubt that we'll soon be watching GM and Shuke power down an ungodly number of tacos, replete with shell bits flying past the camera lens, shredded cheese dangling precariously, and Taco Bell beef* juice staining their lips a weird orangey red color.

Patience.

Good luck!
Stop trying to force comedy.

Good luck!
anyone can have any food delivered to their table at WSOP.  This is nothing special.

Unless I post a video of me eating 20 tacos at my WSOP table in 9 days.

Working retail for so many years has pretty much made it so that I actually don't get hungry at lunchtime. My body is trained for a tiny breakfast and large dinner (which is one of the main reasons I battle my weight)--so I probably couldn't eat more than 2 or 3 based on the op's question. If given the same time requirement for dinner time--I think I could probably do somewhere in the 6-7 range but I wouldn't feel great afterwards.  

Working retail for so many years has pretty much made it so that I actually don't get hungry at lunchtime. My body is trained for a tiny breakfast and large dinner (which is one of the main reasons I battle my weight)--so I probably couldn't eat more than 2 or 3 based on the op's question. If given the same time requirement for dinner time--I think I could probably do somewhere in the 6-7 range but I wouldn't feel great afterwards.  
I remember that schedule. I could just kinda graze all afternoon, but as soon as shop closed up if I hit T-bell up between say 10pm-1am, oh it was on.

10 without a doubt ...

if i’ve smoked a lil dope? Bump that to 15

I’m talking hard shells here, if it’s soft shell? - bump each scenario by 2.

Ps: sh!tting all day no matter how many I eat ... though ?

I don’t really get overly hungry from smoke but next time I’m hankering for a drunk munch I’m going to take the challenge and film it.

Last super drunk munch I put down 8 fast food burgers. I should be able to put away about 20+ tacos

Buddy in college used to get drunk and write songs. Well, not write them, just wing it with a mic, but they are were always full fledged songs, and pretty good. The best song of the bunch, by far was "Fat Chicks Love Taco Bell". 

That's all I got. Though, I am surprised there hasn't been any mention of Doritos Locos yet. I normally only eat Taco Bell after baseball games. It usually involves 4 Fiery Doritos Locos tacos as an appetizer to a couple of their bigger burritos.

Buddy in college used to get drunk and write songs. Well, not write them, just wing it with a mic, but they are were always full fledged songs, and pretty good. The best song of the bunch, by far was "Fat Chicks Love Taco Bell". 

That's all I got. Though, I am surprised there hasn't been any mention of Doritos Locos yet. I normally only eat Taco Bell after baseball games. It usually involves 4 Fiery Doritos Locos tacos as an appetizer to a couple of their bigger burritos.
I bet those wake you up in the morning.

Have you ever heard of The War of the Worlds radio broadcast in 1938?

It was entertainment that a lot of simple folk took as real.

GM didn't bow out... you've mistake GM's Grade AAA entertaining schtick as a concession.

I have little doubt that we'll soon be watching GM and Shuke power down an ungodly number of tacos, replete with shell bits flying past the camera lens, shredded cheese dangling precariously, and Taco Bell beef* juice staining their lips a weird orangey red color.

Patience.
I know it’ll happen - I’m just trying to speed the process up.

I get the feeling if we check their credit card statements, we’d find a recent taco purchase for each in preparation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I just smashed 1.

Though it was after a burrito supreme and a crunchwrap supreme so it's all I had. A 10 pack or whatever they sell would probably be doable.

Stupid thread got me to go to the bell today. Haven't been in a long time.

$7.04 for 2 beef meximelts and medium soda. Wtf?

I usually make a run for the border on Fridays to grab a few items off their dollar menu.  I oftentimes go out after work on Fridays and eat a massive burger, so it's a "light" lunch.

No tacos, though.  

Users who are viewing this thread