What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Many Taco Bell Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch? (3 Viewers)

How Many Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch?

• 1-2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • 5-6

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • 7-8

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • 9-10

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 16+

Votes: 16 10.0%

• Total voters
Hi Shuke,

I want to let you know about a change I've made to my life. One I'm guessing will not be popular with some.

We will no longer have the "EAT-OFF" type threads. That means the polls or the threads where the intent is basically posting pictures or videos of grown men power eating unhealthy food and guys talk about the men eating.

This is not the result of any incident or drama. It's something I've thought about for a while. Well before the recent #FatShaming events. 

I'm not mad at anyone and nobody's in trouble. It just finally hit me today that these aren't something we should be doing to ourselves or our legacies. And it's not an issue of moderating and taking out the grotesque videos. The entire idea of the EAT-OFF is something we don't want to have. 

And I'm sure there will be people who don't like this change. As I've always said here, I'm not sure our way is the right way. But it's the way we're going to do it. If an FFA without the "EAT-OFF!" threads isn't an FFA you want to be part of, I fully understand. 

And I realize this policy is super tame (or lame depending on your perspective) compared to the rest of the internet. No argument from me. I totally get it. I don't have any say in the rest of the internet. But this is my body here and I do have say in that.

Which leads me to the second part. I apologize. I stood by and abused my body for years. And the buck stops with me. I'm responsible. We're a country that does things. And sometimes people do things that are wrong. But I believe it can be just as wrong not doing something and allowing something to happen. I did that here with those EAT-OFFs and I'm sorry. 

Thanks for being part of Footballguys. And thanks for helping make the boards what they are.

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
it moved.

Hi Shuke,

I want to let you know about a change I've made to my life. One I'm guessing will not be popular with some.

We will no longer have the "EAT-OFF" type threads. That means the polls or the threads where the intent is basically posting pictures or videos of grown men power eating unhealthy food and guys talk about the men eating.

This is not the result of any incident or drama. It's something I've thought about for a while. Well before the recent #FatShaming events. 

I'm not mad at anyone and nobody's in trouble. It just finally hit me today that these aren't something we should be doing to ourselves or our legacies. And it's not an issue of moderating and taking out the grotesque videos. The entire idea of the EAT-OFF is something we don't want to have. 

And I'm sure there will be people who don't like this change. As I've always said here, I'm not sure our way is the right way. But it's the way we're going to do it. If an FFA without the "EAT-OFF!" threads isn't an FFA you want to be part of, I fully understand. 

And I realize this policy is super tame (or lame depending on your perspective) compared to the rest of the internet. No argument from me. I totally get it. I don't have any say in the rest of the internet. But this is my body here and I do have say in that.

Which leads me to the second part. I apologize. I stood by and abused my body for years. And the buck stops with me. I'm responsible. We're a country that does things. And sometimes people do things that are wrong. But I believe it can be just as wrong not doing something and allowing something to happen. I did that here with those EAT-OFFs and I'm sorry. 

Thanks for being part of Footballguys. And thanks for helping make the boards what they are.

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
Well done...

yes, but a dessert better choice is the Cinnabon delights, they are outstanding

The occasional, somewhat new, chicken rolled tacos are really good. And although the menu will probably not show it, you can still get the beef enchirito (at least at our local TB), which is basically a beef/been combo burrito, covered with enchilada sauce then cheddar cheese. It's great. Get it every time I go. 
I'm not generally a sweets person, but those Cinnabon delights are fantastic.

I could eat least 12 of the chicken soft tacos(with upgraded chicken)

FYI, the meat at taco bell is half fake and beans are made from a powder...so don't order things that have that.

I wish I could like GM’s post twice. Prob the best post I’ve read in at least 6 months.

FWIW, I’d line Shuke as a slight favorite in this one, feel like it’s more in his wheelhouse, prob -130 for Shuke.

If there was nothing but pride on the line, I could prob average 1 every 4 minutes and get to 11 in 45 minutes. If there was money on the line, prob could bump it to 1 every 3 minutes, so 15.

Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
ANOTHER WIN FOR MILOS!!! 

Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
:shock:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a character limit that prevented the OP from putting "with out crapping your pants before quitting time?" in the title?

I feel that I could eat a lot more nacho cheese chalupas than just regular hard or soft tacos. Yes, more food per taco, but chalupas are just that much more disgustingly delicious, and I feel that I'd be more invested in the task than I would in simply getting mouth-bored with sharp cardboard-tasting hard shells (or equally as bland cardboard-tasting soft wraps).
Solid point being made here. 

I also think I could do as many of the cheesy beef burritos as well.  So much tastier. 

Not enough people in here saying how disgusting Taco Bell is and that they'd never eat there.  I think only 2 in 3 pages
I don't know if Taco Bell is disgusting because I haven't eaten there in 25 years. I'm the guy who's never really had Chik-Fil-A either (couple cold tenders and a shared cookie once). When I did do Taco Bell, I loved a Burrito Supreme.

For almost a decade I lived down the street from Bell Gardens, the original farm purchased by the Bell family. I got to know a couple of the descendants. I'll briefly share a story their employees told on tours of the farm. Mr. Bell was struggling with three or four hot dog and hamburger places. He wanted to copy McDonald's. In 1962 he was failing in San Bernardino across the street from Mitla Cafe. They had lines; he was dead. He ate there all the time and tried to duplicate their Americanized hard shell taco made with hamburger meat, lettuce, cheese and tomato. It was a hamburtaco and it was a hot seller with gringos ill-prepared for lengua, cabeza, etc. The patriarch of Mitla heard about Mr. Bell's efforts to copy his taco and in amigo spirit taught him how it was done. Bell sold that location and all his others in order to open up the first Taco Bell in Downey about 20 minutes away. The rest is history, of course. But maybe the best part of the story is Mitla never slowed down. 81 years later they're still doing it the way Taco Bell was taught in 1962. And I have had this plate in the past few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
My link

Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
Congratulations, you won the day.

just got one last week - I understand that most places will let you order it off-menu.  I don't remember if it was actually on our location's menu or not but it was $1.99 and delicious.
I've ordered it "off menu" before also.  But it has to make you wonder, if it's not on the menu, what are they doing with that chili in there?

See, this is one of those conundrums. I know I can eat over a dozen, easily. And I am a huge fan of the EAT-OFF threads. So much so, that I would love to do one because I think they're so great. But, I'd feel like a tool for ripping off shuke and GMs schtick. So, i guess, basically look at me, while you're not looking at me. And shuke and GM, please do this.
This isn't the GM vs. shuke thread.  This is the taco eating thread.  Do it.

16+ easy

Had 7 yesterday.  Split a 12 pack with my son.  Then I had a Turkey BLT with Fries.  Starting working on some Chips Ahoys to fill up the edges.

2 years ago a group of us went camping for memorial day weekend. After all the kids went to bed the so called adults stayed up drinking.

I don't remember who brought up the taco bell run, but we made it. Someone called the nearest taco bell on Saturday night and ordered 200 tacos, 100 soft shell and 100 hard shell. 

A couple of the more sober people went and picked it up. After we came back we all started eatting. Probably about 30 minutes later everyone was done. There was still just over 100 tacos left. Then 5 of the guys took the challenge of "Leaving no taco behind " 

It took over an hour, and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen, but they finished them. 

I just asked my husband about this story to make sure I remembered all the details correctly, and he insisted that I needed to come back in here and add in  the fact that the 5 guys in this competition had to each put 80 dollars on the line as well. Each guy had 21 tacos and if you didn't finish you had to give each of the other guys 20 dollars for not doing your part. Then he giggled and said "Man that was an awesome night" I completely disagree.

Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
Magnificent

2 years ago a group of us went camping for memorial day weekend. After all the kids went to bed the so called adults stayed up drinking.

I don't remember who brought up the taco bell run, but we made it. Someone called the nearest taco bell on Saturday night and ordered 200 tacos, 100 soft shell and 100 hard shell. 

A couple of the more sober people went and picked it up. After we came back we all started eatting. Probably about 30 minutes later everyone was done. There was still just over 100 tacos left. Then 5 of the guys took the challenge of "Leaving no taco behind " 

It took over an hour, and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen, but they finished them. 
And then it morphed into Blazing Saddles?

I don't know if Taco Bell is disgusting because I haven't eaten there in 25 years. I'm the guy who's never really had Chik-Fil-A either (couple cold tenders and a shared cookie once). When I did do Taco Bell, I loved a Burrito Supreme.
I was always a Burrito Supreme kinda guy too.

However, if you ever go again, try the XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito... it costs around $5, but it's pretty hefty with lots of ingredients and runs circles around the Burrito Supreme.

25 years ago a buddy of mine with whom I prosecuted at the time talked me into going to Taco Bell at lunch.  He loved the place.  Prior to that I had gone a few times in my life, but was by no means a regular.  I had nothing in particular against them.  The food was disgusting, but no big deal, I had eaten at lots of disgusting places, most notably White Castle and George Webb's.  If you can stomach that stuff you can stomach anything.  Like John Rambo I could eat things that would make a Billy goat sick.

Anyhow I was in the middle of a jury trial but the Court gave us an hour and a half for lunch.  Off we went.  I ordered up four of their basic tacos and a beef burrito.  The names of these delights I don't recall, just their basic menu items.  The meal was more or less unmemorable.  I do remember that my friend, Jim, ordered twice as much food and ate it with gusto.  Driving back to court Jim was in some distress and needed the bathroom pretty urgently.  We parted ways.

I was feeling pretty good when the trial recommenced. Twenty minutes in I started sweating a bit and feeling unwell, the cramps had started.   I fought through bravely though thrown a bit from my game.  An hour in the Judge looked at me and said Mr. DW, would you like a break?  Apparently the battle in my colon was that evident on my face. I thanked his Honor and did the butt clench quickstep to the nearest facility.  The explosion was powerful, wet, and accompanied by enough natural gas to power a small town through a cold winter night.  I was able to continue the trial, but felt queasy the rest of the afternoon.

After the verdict came in and the court room cleared his Honor came back out.  He told me that Jim had left the courthouse sick as a dog and that he was amazed I had finished the trial.  On my part there was no denying what had happened.  I simply thanked him for his understanding.  He asked me whether I had learned anything.  I had.  I have not returned since, and I am cautious with my afternoon meal when in trial, very cautious.  Jim on the other hand continued eating at the Bell several times a week for as long as I knew him.  The experience did not detour him one bit.

General Malaise said:
Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
Weak Sauce 

Can we financially incentivize @General Malaise to get in on this taco eating contest? 

Shuke puts his confidence level of being able to eat 15 tacos in 15 minutes at a 7 (1-10 scale), I'd personally like to see him try.

I think we can easily raise at least $500 to reward the winner - I'd kick in $20 to start. 

Can we financially incentivize @General Malaise to get in on this taco eating contest? 

Shuke puts his confidence level of being able to eat 15 tacos in 15 minutes at a 7 (1-10 scale), I'd personally like to see him try.

I think we can easily raise at least $500 to reward the winner - I'd kick in $20 to start. 
I would like to 2nd this idea and allow you to kick in 50 dollars for me!

Fair enough.   It's been a while.  

I used to love the Meximelts - no pico de gallo, I know I'm crazy - but they've gotten fairly expensive for what you get.  I liked the fact that they put it in the warmer thing and it would congeal the meat and cheese into what you likely mistook for the chili.  

I almost went to the Bell for lunch today but a buddy invited me to meet up at a local hole in the wall sandwich shop... plus I have a work happy hour tonight and didn't want to spend half of the time in the bathroom.   :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread