What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jake Kumerow WR GB (Dynasty) (1 Viewer)

Owner in my SF dyno just spent $21 on Kumerow, and $21 ($100 budget) on fat rob this week lol week 1 pre season

Packers WR Jake Kumerow will undergo tests on his injured shoulder.

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky said there's some "mild concern." Kumerow presumably suffered the injury Thursday against Pittsburgh. The 26-year-old impressed in that contest, nabbing all three of his targets for 114 yards and a touchdown. This injury could complicate Kumerow's pursuit of a 53-man roster spot.

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter 

Aug 17 - 3:32 PM

Pwingles said:
Owner in my SF dyno just spent $21 on Kumerow, and $21 ($100 budget) on fat rob this week lol week 1 pre season
This investment may pay big dividends this season. Kelley could be the top dog in Washington, and Kumerow is sought after in all serious dynasty leagues.

This investment may pay big dividends this season. Kelley could be the top dog in Washington, and Kumerow is sought after in all serious dynasty leagues.
as far as Gb wr go*

The only one I personally want enough to pay for is Adams. Ill fade cobb, and take a shot with MVS, EQSB, or Moore wherever i can for cheap/free. I did this same dance with yancey and Allison last year. I still have allison in a few spots, and he is costing me nothing, so ill likely hold until basically any offer comes in. Im not trying to hate on the guy, I just dont wanna get caught up in another speculative hype train driven almost solely by the qb talent and not much to do with the wr talent

Last edited by a moderator:
Packers WR Jake Kumerow has been diagnosed with a sprained SC joint in his injured shoulder.

Per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the wide receiver will miss "some time," though it's not considered a serious injury. Kumerow has been a standout during preseason play and figures to have a good chance of cracking the 53-man roster.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Aug 17 - 4:58 PM

This injury really put a damper on things. I wonder if they will short-term IR him.
if they feel they've seen enough of him, maybe, but I wouldnt expect this to be more than a week or two. The SC joint is the only boney connection from your shoulder to your body, so it's rather important for lifting your arms up to catch the ball. but it's just a sprain

Packers WR Jake Kumerow (shoulder) remains sidelined.

Kumerow was looking like a sleeper to crack the Packers' 53-man roster but has been sidelined since the team's second preseason game on August 16. The fourth-year UDFA posted a 6/190/2 line through the Pack's first two exhibition tilts. The practice squad is looking like his most likely home.

Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter 

Aug 27 - 1:41 PM

Jake Kumerow has made the Packers' 53-man roster.

Kumerow was a training camp standout before going down with a shoulder injury in the second preseason game. His Week 1 status is up in the air, but the Packers saw enough to keep him around. Kumerow has some deep sleeper upside if he finds his way into regular season snaps.

Sep 1 - 5:20 PM

nice

would think our local guy who covers the packers would know that. that's who I heard it from
I didn't know about this either. I feel that's what they'll do. Still pissed dummy hurry him self diving into end zone in preseason. 

"our"....so you were just a Packers fan trolling in the Bears thread. It all makes sense now.
I dont troll unless its packers bears week. I dont have time for that and I'm not a 15 year old girl, or a 30 year old man living in my parents basement. if I ever do it's all in good fun and not because I get my jollies off trolling divisional fans. I'm here to gather and share information. not for a pissing contest. 

many have echoed my statements and they arent packer fans. what I said is hardly trolling and I made a lot of positive statements about the bears. Its fine if you want to jump to conclusions but you're wrong here. youd know better if you weren't a seasonal poster. you get a pass today

Eh figured IR was most likely for the Diving Dope. Would be nice to see him get some meaningful snaps at end of year, but by then at least one of these rookies will have some momentum so it'll be tough sledding. Hold while you can on IR but likely will be cut by most owners come October.

No such thing any more, it's just IR now and you can bring back two players total with no designation necessary.
Yes there is.  They still get two per year.  The difference is they don't have to designate the guy as return-eligible when they put him on IR, which they used to be required to do.  Now they can wait until they know for sure they will bring a guy back.

Jake Kumerow (shoulder) returned to practice on Wednesday.

Kumerow was placed on I.R. with a shoulder injury prior to Week 1. A preseason standout this summer, Kumerow could be activated for Sunday's game in Minnesota. With Geronimo Allison (core) out for the year and Randall Cobb (hamstring) also banged up, Green Bay's pass-catching corps could certainly use another healthy body.
JUST might want to monitor the situation. Remember, in preseason this dude also flashed big time along with Marquez Valdes-Scantling and had Aaron Rodgers talking him up. If he has some success it wouldn't be a surprise to see him be elevated fast in the GB scheme due to inconsistency with the three other rookies (MVS, Equanimeous St. Brown, and J'Mon Moore).

I know they are different body types but hoping this guy can fill the Randall Cobb role that Randall Cobb hasn't been able to fill for the last 2+ years

so he played 5 snaps and had 2 targets. According to rotoworld he Signed a reserve/future contract on 1/1/18. Not sure what this means for his 2019 contract.

Any thoughts on him for next year? Is he a deep(er) dynasty hold?

White guy out of Wisconsin-Whitewater....Packers will be wearing their road White uniforms....coming off a game in which he caught his first NFL pass...if you’re looking for signs of when his breakout is coming, clearly THIS IS IT

"Packers re-signed WR Jake Kumerow.

Kumerow finally got around to signing his exclusive rights tender. Now that he's under contract, Kumerow can take part in offseason workouts, which begin on Monday. The 27-year-old barely saw the field in 2018, spending most of the year on I.R. with a shoulder injury."

Where do we stand on this guy?  Seems like a decent lottery ticket still.  He isnt young at 27, but with Cobb gone, Rodgers at QB and other question marks in front of him (Allison, MVS, ESB), seems like a solid hold and hope type player.  He is at the end of my bench, not worth much if anything in trade, and I need roster spots to make my draft picks, but I am very reluctant to cut him.

"Packers re-signed WR Jake Kumerow.

Kumerow finally got around to signing his exclusive rights tender. Now that he's under contract, Kumerow can take part in offseason workouts, which begin on Monday. The 27-year-old barely saw the field in 2018, spending most of the year on I.R. with a shoulder injury."

Where do we stand on this guy?  Seems like a decent lottery ticket still.  He isnt young at 27, but with Cobb gone, Rodgers at QB and other question marks in front of him (Allison, MVS, ESB), seems like a solid hold and hope type player.  He is at the end of my bench, not worth much if anything in trade, and I need roster spots to make my draft picks, but I am very reluctant to cut him.
Rodgers likes him and that's all I need to know. There might be some Adam Thielen appeal (maybe) and you can get him for a ham sandwich. Buy cheap and hope for the best.

The guy obviously has "it" without question a keeper.

So I run off to Google his college stats to be able to....see see there it is he ..........huh?.....he did nothing in college.

This is a bit unique.

Starting to get a little bit of love.  Tweet included a 1 minute video or Rodgers praising Kumerow's professionalism, athleticisim, and practice habits.  12 loves this guy.  Nice late round sleeper...

@MatthewBerryTMR

FollowingFollowing @MatthewBerryTMR

More

Matthew Berry Retweeted Aaron Nagler

Everyone’s talking up Allison and MVS and I get it. But don’t sleep on Jake Kumerow, who is going undrafted. I really like Kumerow but who cares what I think. #12 is a fan. Watch

Matthew Berry added,

Starting to get a little bit of love.  Tweet included a 1 minute video or Rodgers praising Kumerow's professionalism, athleticisim, and practice habits.  12 loves this guy.  Nice late round sleeper...

@MatthewBerryTMR

FollowingFollowing @MatthewBerryTMR

More

Matthew Berry Retweeted Aaron Nagler

Everyone’s talking up Allison and MVS and I get it. But don’t sleep on Jake Kumerow, who is going undrafted. I really like Kumerow but who cares what I think. #12 is a fan. Watch

Matthew Berry added,
Link to the video:

Rodgers thinks Kumerow ’does the little things’

GB - Jake Kumerow draws praise

Source: Packers Wire - Zach Kruse

Green Bay Packers WR Jake Kumerow caught two touchdowns during minicamp practice Tuesday, June 11, and earned a lot of praise from QB Aaron Rodgers, who talked about Kumerow's intelligence and consistency being in the right spots. Rodgers concluded by saying he was a 'big fan' of Kumerow.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Message! There are three wide receivers in Green Bay that Fantasy GMs need to be all over. Davante Adams (of course), Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Kumerow. The last two weeks of the 2018 season, Kumerow flashed and we love adding him in dynasty formats. He has the speed to get deep and tracks the ball well, and we're interested to see if he can push for more playing time this season. Consider Kumerow a favorite deep sleeper for the 2019 season.

Picked him up last year at the end of the season.......all over this dude. #2 in GB has done well in the past. 

Jason Wilde @jasonwilde

LaFleur on Kumerow: "He definitely helped himself. It speaks to just what we’ve been saying all along. You can always count on Jake. ... He dinged his finger when he caught a ball (but) he played through it. And that catch he made on the right sideline was pretty incredible."

Kumerow is going to be the number 2 or 3 WR in Green Bay this year. 

He's the guy to own.  Get both him and Allison IMO. 

MVS will be behind those two im guessing. 

If he makes the team.......I like him to be the #2 in GB. 
I think it is pretty safe to say he is going to make the team.

Last year when I was in Wisconsin it was all Kumerow coverage all the time. The guy is almost a legend already. Will be mayor of cheese land once he is done with football.

This is weird to me :lol:
Well I'm concerned they might go in a more youth like direction. I think he's making the team. Rodgers loves him! It wouldn't surprise me if he is cut though. 

But yes I think he's making the team and I think he's gold late in drafts if he does. 

why is it absurd that this guy can be the #2 in GB? 

Aaron Rodgers took James Jones off the scrap heap and got a really great season out of him. 

Rodgers loves him

He is showing more than MVS or ESB this preseason, and did the same last pre season

Users who are viewing this thread