What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacob Hollister, Tight End (1 Viewer)

I think this guy is a really good play week 16 vs Arizona.   Just not sure I can get him in my lineup (Kelce), and probably playing Melvin Gordon in the flex.

Have him, Higbee, and Henry. I literally dont know what to do for championship week, lol. The Az matchup is so good!
Between Hollister and Higbee, have no idea what to do.

If Everett is out again, I think that tilts me in Higbee's direction. ARI match up is good but they have been doing better against the position in the last few weeks. Higbee's 10 receptions last game were pretty meaningful in PPR. 

Luke Willson comes back for Hawks it looks this week  does that muddy the waters?
Hollister had already taken over starting duties before Willson was hurt.  In Willson's last two games before his injury, he had 23% and 19% of snaps.  Hollister had 80% and 78% of snaps in those two games.  I'm not sure at what point Willson was injured in the second game.  But Hollister was already the clear-cut feature tight end in the game before Willson's injury.  If Arizona had a dominant pass rush, I would be more worried that the Seahawks would want Willson for his pass blocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob Hollister caught 5-of-6 targets for 64 yards in the Seahawks' Week 16 loss to the Cardinals.

Hollister continued to see plenty of targets, as only Travis Homer (8) and Tyler Lockett (8) were featured more often in the passing game. Luke Willson wasn’t even targeted, demonstrating that Hollister will continue to work as the offense’s No. 3 pass-game option more weeks than not. Failure to score against the Cardinals' atrocious defense vs. TEs was disappointing, but Hollister has still demonstrated weekly low-end TE1 ability throughout the season. Up next is a 49ers defense that Hollister beat for an 8-62-1 line back in Week 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Seattle Times reports Seahawks coach Pete Carroll "heaped heavy praise" on restricted free agent Jacob Hollister in Tuesday's media session.

Beat writer Bob Condoota believes it's "obvious" the Seahawks want Hollister back. That's despite the fact they just gave Greg Olsen $5.5 million guaranteed and still have Will Dissly under contract. Something is going to have to give. The "low" RFA tender would cost $2.144 million. Since Hollister was undrafted, the Seahawks would not be entitled to compensation were they to decline to match an offer sheet.

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Feb 25, 2020, 4:30 PM ET

Jacob Hollister led the Seahawks' tight ends in routes in the team's Week 12 win against the Eagles. 

There was some question as to whether Hollister or Will Dissly would emerge as the team's primary pass catching tight end after Greg Olsen's potentially season ending foot injury. The answer was clear -- for at least one week -- against the Eagles, as Hollister ran 21 pass routes and Dissly ran 16. Hollister caught 2-of-5 targets for 11 yards on a slow night for the Seahawks' passing attack. Dissly wasn't targeted. He'll once again be a fringe streaming play in Week 13 against the Giants. 

RELATED: 

Will Dissly

Dec 1, 2020, 12:50 PM ET

Jacob Hollister caught both of his targets for 17 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 15 win against the Football Team. 

Hollister, who continues to lead Seattle tight ends in pass routes, caught Russell Wilson's lone touchdown pass in Seattle's depressingly scaled down passing attack. Will Dissly did not see a target against Washington. Greg Olsen (foot) returning from injured reserve in the next week or two would end Hollister's fantasy relevance for now. Even without Olsen, he's a borderline streaming option in 14-team formats. 

RELATED: 

Will Dissly

, Greg Olsen

Dec 21, 2020, 10:44 AM ET

Bills signed TE Jacob Hollister, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year contract.

Hollister, 27, actually played with Josh Allen at Wyoming, connecting for seven touchdowns together in the former's final year. Hollister's production dipped in Seattle's run-first offense in 2020 but he'll join a tight ends room that's lacking for any viable competition. His addition also likely doesn't move the needle on whether or not the team continues trying to acquire Zach Ertz.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 19, 2021, 2:19 PM ET

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia said Bills TE Jacob Hollister could become the team's starter if Dawson Knox's struggles continue in 2021. 

Buscaglia said Hollister's athleticism -- he had an 84th percentile burst score at the 2017 combine -- and his familiarity with Josh Allen -- who played with Hollister at Wyoming -- could position him to take over as Buffalo's primary pass catching tight end in 2021. Knox disappointed the Bills and fantasy managers in 2020, commanding a meager 9 percent target share in nine games he played. He ended up catching 24 of 47 targets in the Bills' wildly productive passing attack. Functioning as the Seahawks' starting tight end from Week 7-17 in 2019, Hollister scored the 12th most tight end fantasy points, averaging 5.9 targets per game. He'll be a popular late-round pick or waiver wire add if Knox falls out of favor this summer. 

RELATED: 

Dawson Knox

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Jun 30, 2021, 12:38 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread