What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (1 Viewer)

Disagree. Murray looks good and they alluded to using him more to keep Cook fresh off the injury.  I do not see Murray getting less than 35% of the team carries rest of season, which is about where he is at right now.
Cook is one of the best buy-lows in all of FF right now.

Murray only got the number of carries he did in week 1 because of the blowout. He got 4 last week, but only because Cook went out with cramps.

Murray is going to be a small part of their offense. There's just too big of a difference in talent for Murray to get many touches.

A. Jones had better stats through his first 4 games last season, than did D. Cook. almost a yard better per carry. he did more with less. now's the time to get Jones he's going to lite it up in coming weeks..easy schedule. Pack determine to run the ball - even Jackwagon Jamaal Williams getting a ton of carries ..NOT going to be a RBBC.could be a pick up of the year type of player.

Gio Bernard too. Mixon will NOT be back within 2 weeks.he'll be out 4+ weeks with the knee and  wont return to the starting role, anyways, at best it's a timeshare by then..

A. Jones had better stats through his first 4 games last season, than did D. Cook. almost a yard better per carry. he did more with less. now's the time to get Jones he's going to lite it up in coming weeks..easy schedule. Pack determine to run the ball - even Jackwagon Jamaal Williams getting a ton of carries ..NOT going to be a RBBC.could be a pick up of the year type of player.

Gio Bernard too. Mixon will NOT be back within 2 weeks.he'll be out 4+ weeks with the knee and  wont return to the starting role, anyways, at best it's a timeshare by then..
The talent gap between Cook & Jones is rather large. Cook literally beats him at everything & by a pretty good margin.

We can talk about other stuff like situation, etc., but there's no comparison in talent regardless of the stats in their first 4 games.

Selling high on M. Lynch?  Anyone think think he will last a whole season?
I have been thinking of selling Lynch as well but I don't think the market is really high on him, or at least high enough.  He will likely stay in my flex spot for a few more weeks.

I have been thinking of selling Lynch as well but I don't think the market is really high on him, or at least high enough.  He will likely stay in my flex spot for a few more weeks.
He's off to a strong start, but I agree with you-  the market isn't high on him. 

Antonio Brown.

He's not really a buy low as owners aren't selling cheap, but he's actually attainable right now. That doesn't happen with studs very often. You might be able to get him for a Diggs/Peterson package or something along those lines. 

Antonio Brown.

He's not really a buy low as owners aren't selling cheap, but he's actually attainable right now. That doesn't happen with studs very often. You might be able to get him for a Diggs/Peterson package or something along those lines. 
First part correct.. second part (the offer) not so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonio Brown.

Y'know, that isn't as crazy as it sounds.

But man AB has gotten a crazy insane unsustainable amount of targets the first two weeks and in PPRs has been very good if not great (9 points per game on receptions alone). Point being I am not sure magic football owners are as disappointed as AB is.

Yeah, I offered Hyde for Bell per this and other threads. Won't budge on the up offer. I hate parting with Hyde, but I'll do it.  

Im offering up brady since i own mahomes.  I hate myself as a broncos fan.
I'm in the same boat.  Been trying to package Brady with a RB2 for a WR1, but not having any luck.  Hopefully Brady has a good game against DET this week and I can sell high in week 4.

Scooped up Gio off of waivers today then offered Hyde for Mixon to an owner that has Gurley and not much else at RB right now. No dice. Hoped the immediate need for an RB would tempt him. 

No offense but these are silly questions.  Every league is different.  Is the Cook owner 0-2?  It's about what you got to give and what the guy needs.
I own him in two leagues. One I'm 2-0 and one is 0-2. I'm not selling in either ATM.

I just don't see this happening. Watch this block. Packers want to protect Rodgers.

@The Dude and to be fair, I do the same thing with low ball offers. I am not trying to hold myself above others with my commentary, and I can see how it may come off that way.

For example I am aggressively trying to dish Josh Gordon and am :bag:  at some of the offers I have made.

My latest is trying to get Jordan Howard for Gordon.  Totally going to get laughed out of the room on that one but I am prepared to up the ante with a quality player like...Alfred Morris or Chris Carson. :bag: :bag:
Stop it. :lmao:

Scooped up Gio off of waivers today then offered Hyde for Mixon to an owner that has Gurley and not much else at RB right now. No dice. Hoped the immediate need for an RB would tempt him. 
Huh. People are always suckered by the "two-week" scope thing. Uh, that always turns into four and then six for functionality. I'd have taken that in a heartbeat. What has Mixon ever really done that Hyde hasn't?  

eta* Got stones? Offer Gio for Mixon. 

Huh. People are always suckered by the "two-week" scope thing. Uh, that always turns into four and then six for functionality. I'd have taken that in a heartbeat. What has Mixon ever really done that Hyde hasn't?  

eta* Got stones? Offer Gio for Mixon. 
Yes perhaps but my thought process is, by scooping up Gio I have a chance to own the entire Bengals backfield for the duration, as opposed to part of the Browns backfield as I don't think the Chubb owner will be open to a trade for him. Seems a no brainer to me, as the Bengals are likely to be the more productive backfield 

Yes perhaps but my thought process is, by scooping up Gio I have a chance to own the entire Bengals backfield for the duration, as opposed to part of the Browns backfield as I don't think the Chub owner will be open to a trade for him.
Ahh, okay. Gotcha. That makes sense. I thought maybe you could hold Hyde as RB2, swing Gio, and when Mixon comes back have 1,2,3 lined up depending upon your league's set-up. I got hung up on the whole "two-week" thing. IMO, a scope just isn't two weeks. They always say that, but it never is. 

Ahh, okay. Gotcha. That makes sense. I thought maybe you could hold Hyde as RB2, swing Gio, and when Mixon comes back have 1,2,3 lined up depending upon your league's set-up. I got hung up on the whole "two-week" thing. IMO, a scope just isn't two weeks. They always say that, but it never is. 
Luckily I'm in the situation where Hyde is sitting on my bench so far and may remain so for a while ( D Johnson, Conner, Collins, Gio, Clement ). Although you could argue that DJ should be getting benched. As the Gio owner, I hope you are right about the scope ! Trying to think ahead and make plans for if Conner becomes redundant

Luckily I'm in the situation where Hyde is sitting on my bench so far and may remain so for a while ( D Johnson, Conner, Collins, Gio, Clement ). Although you could argue that DJ should be getting benched. As the Gio owner, I hope you are right about the scope ! Trying to think ahead and make plans for if Conner becomes redundant
Right, I agree. I said upthread (not everybody reads upthread and shouldn't have to, really  :)  ), I offered Hyde for Bell. The Pittsburgh situation is dominating FF this year and only a few of us saw it coming. On another note, I don't know why everybody sells so low on Hyde. He's a good back. He's a consistent low RB2 that you plug and play, never in a good situation, and on awful teams. But Cleveland is getting better.  :shrugs: 

First part correct.. second part (the offer) not so much
Fine, instead of Peterson offer up some other decent back getting lots of touches but who isn't a stud. The point wasn't to say you had to offer those guys I mentioned as much as the general range and that might do it. Miller, Drake, etc.

As Chaka noted, his owners aren't unhappy right now, but I don't think they're in a state of irrational love, either. 

Is AJ Green going to continue putting up points like he has?  Considering offering T Coleman and Jeffery.
Good luck. AJ isn't exactly a buy low guy and that seems like a low-ball offer.  The way the Bengals are playing AJ looks like a top 5 WR RoS and, my guess is his owners view him that way. I know I do.

Traded James Conner for Jordan Howard in a ppr redraft league today. Feel good about that. 
I have both RBs.  I like what I'm hearing about Howard from the coach.(needs more carries).  Cohen is dealing with an ankle injury and with the bears D warming up, it looks good for Howard.  I got no one beyond those two RBs unless a miracle happens in Tennessee with Henry.  So, I'm reluctant to trade Conner even though he could be sent to the bench at any moment.  

Fine, instead of Peterson offer up some other decent back getting lots of touches but who isn't a stud. The point wasn't to say you had to offer those guys I mentioned as much as the general range and that might do it. Miller, Drake, etc.

As Chaka noted, his owners aren't unhappy right now, but I don't think they're in a state of irrational love, either. 
Yeah a Diggs package might work. Definitely not ADP but, depending on my roster, I would be inclined to accept Drake*. Miller? Well he is definitely a volume play but also seems to be a plodder.

But I'm a big fan of Drake, maybe unreasonably so.

Howard seems like a key buy-low.

--Cohen hobbled

--Schedule super favorable ... AZ/TB/MIA/NE/NYJ/BUF/DET ... that has to be the easiest next 7 games of any RB in the league.

--Coach said his usage needs to increase

--Showed some improved pass catching ability so far this year.

--The emergence of Arob and Burton will take pressure off of stacked boxes. 

Have DJ in one league and may offer him straight up for Howard.

I traded David Johnson and got Fournette and Yeldon back. 

Fournette obviously the injury issue but If he’s healthy I’m confident in how he will do. I can’t say the same for DJ. 

abbottjamesr said:
I'm in the same boat.  Been trying to package Brady with a RB2 for a WR1, but not having any luck.  Hopefully Brady has a good game against DET this week and I can sell high in week 4.
 If every guy in your league passed up Brady a few weeks ago In your draft, why would they deal a 1st/2nd rounder for him now?

Is there already a FAB thread in this forum?

I'm very interested to know what people are bidding for Giovani Bernard this week...

Howard seems like a key buy-low.

--Cohen hobbled

--Schedule super favorable ... AZ/TB/MIA/NE/NYJ/BUF/DET ... that has to be the easiest next 7 games of any RB in the league.

--Coach said his usage needs to increase

--Showed some improved pass catching ability so far this year.

--The emergence of Arob and Burton will take pressure off of stacked boxes. 

Have DJ in one league and may offer him straight up for Howard.
Howard isn't really a buy low is he? He has already notched one 100+ yard game, he is getting 18.5 touches/game, he is being utilized regularly (and effectively) in the passing game and Nagy just said yesterday that he needs to give him the ball more.  Pretty sure his owners are aware of all those things.

If every guy in your league passed up Brady a few weeks ago In your draft, why would they deal a 1st/2nd rounder for him now?
 Things change, people miss on players they thought would be good and hit on others that they didn't expect to be as productive.  

If you are starting 3 WR1/2's but your qb is Alex Smith and your RB's are Crowell and Barber, maybe Brady and Lynch for Diggs isn't a bad deal.  

Howard isn't really a buy low is he? He has already notched one 100+ yard game, he is getting 18.5 touches/game, he is being utilized regularly (and effectively) in the passing game and Nagy just said yesterday that he needs to give him the ball more.  Pretty sure his owners are aware of all those things.
agree with this. BUT, that last game against Seattle did not inspire anyone. Howard looked like a plodder on most of his runs and ran right into the pile for not much. Anyone not keeping up with the game plan and such may be willing to give him up based on that game. Since it was a prime time game, most owners would have watched it. a good buy low target this week based on that game imo if anyone can sell this narrative.

(i own him and will not be selling. his utilization concerns or speculations all but gone at this point.)

agree with this. BUT, that last game against Seattle did not inspire anyone. Howard looked like a plodder on most of his runs and ran right into the pile for not much. Anyone not keeping up with the game plan and such may be willing to give him up based on that game. Since it was a prime time game, most owners would have watched it. a good buy low target this week based on that game imo if anyone can sell this narrative.

(i own him and will not be selling. his utilization concerns or speculations all but gone at this point.)
If there is a salesman alive that could sell that narrative I would hire him immediately and pay him whatever salary he asked.

QBs are impossible to trade.  Seems like pretty much anyone off the wire can get you 250 and 2 Tds now adays, which isn't much much different than 300 and 3tds for QB scoring.
This is why most leagues suck.

Super-flex or straight two QB leagues are far superior in every way.

This is why most leagues suck.

Super-flex or straight two QB leagues are far superior in every way.
Our PPR league uses scoring that give QB's a little more weight.  We have all TD's worth 10 points along with bonuses for longer TD's.  In fact someone just offered me either Julio Jones or Saquon Barkley for Mahomes.

Users who are viewing this thread