What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hue Jackson -- Coach of the Year? (1 Viewer)

A HoF coach with the one of the greatest qb's of all time tends to lead to a high winning percentage. 

If there was a HoF for poorly run franchises, Cleveland would be first ballot. Jackson had a LOT to turn around, and that takes time. They actually look promising now. Next year they'll be a sneaky playoff contender. If Mayfield can keep growing they'll become a strong SB contender within the next 3 years. 
I would give this schtick up... the best thing to do with turds is flush em down the toilet. They should have started off 4-0 and this down turn wouldn’t look so catastrophic but piss poor decision making on the coaching front is what got them here. The players came to play to start the season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what bumps/missteps are to be expected when only 16 of 53 players remain from the 2017 opening day roster.  I'd definitely expect problems with special teams, OL chemistry, and penalties, at a minimum.  IMO, continuity is underrated. 

I wonder what bumps/missteps are to be expected when only 16 of 53 players remain from the 2017 opening day roster.  I'd definitely expect problems with special teams, OL chemistry, and penalties, at a minimum.  IMO, continuity is underrated. 
Well, you’re in luck friend... Hue is very consistent: 3-36-1 as Browns HC... model of consistency.

Also has very consistent game planning: https://twitter.com/ruiterwrongfan/status/1056665262345388032?s=21

As I said before the players came to play to start the season. They have some incredible talents on defense. They HAD potential pieces on offense until they decided to cut Coleman and trade Gordon and replace them with a 4th round rookie whose consistency (sticking with the theme here) was breaking team rules and doing drugs which transferred over to drops on the field. 

No, he no longer deserves COY. He had some bad luck losing early season games, and that ruined his chances. 

Why is him calling out his staff a bad thing? Should he stick his head in the sand and ignore trouble? Coaches regularly have relationships with the media that aren't cozy. You don't see Belichick being best friends with reporters. 

He's kept his team together when they had no talent. And now that the seeds he's spent the last two years planting are starting to sprout, impatient people are stomping their feet and wanting success now. It's a process. Those take time, especially when you're dealing with a historically incompetent organization. You can't turn that around overnight. 
I'm assuming you came in to troll here because you were bored in the Political forum....

A HC should call out his staff when they do something wrong.  But Hue hasn't called out anyone.  Hell, he hasn't even called out the refs who have missed calls week in and week out.  One of which could have done some serious damage to Baker.  But I guess Belichick doesn't do that either....or wait, he has.  Guess thats why NE gets a lot of calls their way.  NE has a HC and an owner that is willing to stand up and protect their team.  Cleveland doesn't.  Cleveland's HC would rather let the world know that a portion of his team isn't working, so he'll be more involved.  Then the next day he backtracks and says he won't be involved.  So which is it?  

Hue hasn't kept this team together, he's the very thing driving a wedge into it and separating it.  The only seeds he's planted the last two years were of doubt and mistrust.  Why do you think Dorsey is here?  It wasn't at Hue's insistence.  Why is Haley here?  It wasn't because Hue handpicked him.  The guys that Hue wanted are not here.  The guys that Hue has cultivated aren't here.  

You're potential COY candidate is historically bad.  All time bad.  He is only better than the worst coach in history who also happened to be a HC and refused to fire himself from the job.  

The Browns’ loss today drops Jackson to 11-44-1 as an NFL head coach: 8-8 in Oakland and 3-36-1 in Cleveland. That’s a winning percentage of .205.

How bad is that? There have been 219 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 40 games in their career. Jackson ranks 218th in career winning percentage.
The incompetentcy of the organization is overwhelming.  But Hue's incompetence as a leader is only making it worse.  The entire coaching staff is in disarray and needs to go.  He's no better than Pettine.  He hires his friends so he can keep control over what is going on, and if anyone disagrees with him he worms his way around to get them removed from their role.  Your COY candidate won't last the season.  Neither will the other coaches on this staff.  They will all be elsewhere, and someone else will come in to rebuild this culture that Hue has nurtured into a steaming pile of crap.

Maybe Denver can bring him in. They at least have enough talent to start contending in the now if they got a solid HC like Hue.

They need to get a new OC if this team is going to go anywhere. It's a shame Cleveland needed a scapegoat here, but that's the life of being a HC. His inability to find a good kicker did him in. 

Never had any business leading a team and while Haley and Williams have not been the greatest coaches to say the least, it is incomprehensible how they were the ones who had to listen to Hue.

I'd like to see Stoops in the NFL. He loved Baker and wished he could coach him. With the Browns always being so young maybe he can make it work.

He's got his detractors but I'm for anyone who has extensive college success getting a chance in the NFL

Mr.Blonde said:
Probably Bert Bell, who did own the Eagles during that time. He made up for it by being the first legacy NFL commissioner.
And the Eagles won their first NFL title 6 years after Bell stepped down as coach, so there’s that. 

Watch, Hue will resurface next year with another team as a coordinator? Once in the fraternity always in the fraternity.

Why is the Hue Jackson blame/excuse tour being allowed by the media?! I’ve never seen this kind of lunacy. Worse yet, there are people sympathizing with this sociopath. Did Rod Marinelli get a fairwell tour? How about Marty Morhinwhig? Maybe we can go back to the past and start a let’s feel bad for Bobby Petrino tour because Mike Vick went to jail. Hue Jackson is a loser. 

Why is the Hue Jackson blame/excuse tour being allowed by the media?! I’ve never seen this kind of lunacy. Worse yet, there are people sympathizing with this sociopath. Did Rod Marinelli get a fairwell tour? How about Marty Morhinwhig?
Bad coaches don't get a farewell treatment. 

Sorry, one more feather for his cap...

Hue Jackson partially blames Mayfield for firing

Less than a week after being removed as head coach, Jackson tried to scapegoat an unlikely target.

"I think when you stop and look at it, it's truly, really about Baker Mayfield," Jackson said on ESPN's First Take. "I think they want to do everything they can to put him in the situation ... I mean, you got the first pick in the draft - who I think is going to be a franchise quarterback, who's going to be a sensational player - and he's not playing as well.

"So again, here is the perfect storm to move forward and move on."

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1643183/hue-jackson-partially-blames-mayfield-for-firing

Why is the Hue Jackson blame/excuse tour being allowed by the media?! I’ve never seen this kind of lunacy. Worse yet, there are people sympathizing with this sociopath. Did Rod Marinelli get a fairwell tour? How about Marty Morhinwhig? Maybe we can go back to the past and start a let’s feel bad for Bobby Petrino tour because Mike Vick went to jail. Hue Jackson is a loser. 
Ratings. Manufactured conversation piece for an entire days worth of 'news.'

I can't believe the media doesn't laugh at all the #### that comes out of this guy's mouth.

Unreal. 

First, it was the bromance w/ MKC.  Then it was his piehole.

It was a tough job for any coach, granted.  But, he's acting like he was a cuckold HC watching the OC haley run wild (with dorsey's blessing allegedly) over "his baby" the offense .  Just another scapegoat for Hue.  And I agree he's doing himself no favors with future job possibilities.  Hopefully the disfunction is over, and Dorsey and Jimmy have learned from their most recent mistakes. 

It’s so pathetic.  Not gonna pretend to know how GMs think but I don’t see how he’s not blacklisted after this.
i could see him maybe getting another OC gig, since he seemed to do well in that role. 

i would be amazed if he ever got another HC job. probably goes without saying for most people.  

Just bumping this up so the folks who actually entertained this thought can be drug through the streets and summarily booted from the boards :thumbup:

Just bumping this up so the folks who actually entertained this thought can be drug through the streets and summarily booted from the boards :thumbup:
This week's win just shows the incredible job Hue did laying the foundation for the team's success. If they had been able to find a competent kicker they'd be a fringe playoff contender right now. Any bottom feeder team should consider bringing in Hue to help set themselves up for a great future. 

Whoever starts winning with Cleveland next year is going to be riding Hue's coattails, much like Gruden winning after Dungy was given the boot even though he just took advantage of the work the previous regime put in.

Users who are viewing this thread