What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Today’s World..Should We Adjsut Fantasy DST Scoring to Make them More Valuable...? (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
Seems like in most of the leagues I am in we are still in the caveman days of DST scoring as far as points allowed and yards allowed etc....there really is no such thing as a shutout anymore and the amount of points  that do end up getting scored usually makes DST scoring a “wash” in most formats unless one team gets a DST TD....or sacks, or turnovers which really are kinda inconsistent...

DST’s aren;t really scoring points on the 10 point for a shutout etc....7 for under 6 or whatever....

a meaningless FG against your DST that is dominating and basically pitching a shutout....costs you 

I don’t have the answer necessarily but maybe if you hold them to 7 or less it should be worth 10 or something.....keeping a team out o the end zone for a whole game is a pretty big deal these days...

I also wish it would be automatic that a DST TD against “your” DST didn’t affect the points you get....meaning if I have KC DST and they win 20-7 and the 7 for the other team came on them returning a fumble or pick for a TD....that shouldn’t count against my DST and I should still get the shutout points...

Seems like in most of the leagues I am in we are still in the caveman days of DST scoring as far as points allowed and yards allowed etc....there really is no such thing as a shutout anymore and the amount of points  that do end up getting scored usually makes DST scoring a “wash” in most formats unless one team gets a DST TD....or sacks, or turnovers which really are kinda inconsistent...

DST’s aren;t really scoring points on the 10 point for a shutout etc....7 for under 6 or whatever....

a meaningless FG against your DST that is dominating and basically pitching a shutout....costs you 

I don’t have the answer necessarily but maybe if you hold them to 7 or less it should be worth 10 or something.....keeping a team out o the end zone for a whole game is a pretty big deal these days...

I also wish it would be automatic that a DST TD against “your” DST didn’t affect the points you get....meaning if I have KC DST and they win 20-7 and the 7 for the other team came on them returning a fumble or pick for a TD....that shouldn’t count against my DST and I should still get the shutout points...
There are settings to have it only offensive points scored. We've been playing that way for a while

If you're not going to go IDP may as well get rid of defenses altogether.  They are so matchup dependent that they are in the same class as kickers.  At least with IDP, there is some predictable consistency even across matchups.  And with a robust scoring system, defensive players can be made competitive with offensive skill players.

Defenses in my league are very valuable. The high scoring ones can get 25+ points. If they have a bad week they can go for negative points. Probably the biggest area every week where you can gain an advantage over your opponent.

That has always driven me crazy

I am interested in winning by any position. If it is because of my defense, I will take. Every Sunday. Same with my kicker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread