What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hang Gliding - Buckle In First (1 Viewer)

I'm surprised he couldn't pull himself up onto the bar or something... have to figure his adrenaline was going full blast.

Hanging like that for over 2 minutes is insane.  The guy must have crazy forearm/hand grip strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy part is not just the time, but the distance.  When you watch it a second time, you pretty much see right off the bat where they wind up landing.  Long way...

Yeah, not sure how that stuff works in Switzerland, but I’m getting my vacation or two or three paid for after that mishap!

Holy Hell!  That is incredible.  Hanging on to a bar for that long would be impressive when not flying, but to pull that off in the face of all that air resistance associated with the motion is amazing.  I have never been on a glider, nor do I ever intend to go on one.  How fast do those things travel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that raised my blood pressure for a solid 2 minutes.

That guy had an iron will to live and a Kung Fu grip.

This might seem like a crazy idea, but maybe a second cable for emergency use only could be connected to each person.

This might seem like a crazy idea, but maybe a second cable for emergency use only could be connected to each person.
Or how about another crazy idea?  Don't do stupid #### like hang gliding.  

Or how about another crazy idea?  Don't do stupid #### like hang gliding.  
I'm with you, I have a personal rule about generally trying to avoid elective activities that can directly lead to death or severe injury.

A co-worker of mine went parachuting one time... he had to use his reserve chute when the primary one tangled.

He survived unscathed... but as I said... he went one time.

I like to think I'm evolved enough to learn from something like that.

I'm with you, I have a personal rule about generally trying to avoid elective activities that can directly lead to death or severe injury.

A co-worker of mine went parachuting one time... he had to use his reserve chute when the primary one tangled.

He survived unscathed... but as I said... he went one time.

I like to think I'm evolved enough to learn from something like that.
Same here. I haven't/won't:

Hang Glide

Bungy Jump

Sky Dive

Rock Climb

Base Jump

Same here. I haven't/won't:

Hang Glide

Bungy Jump

Sky Dive

Rock Climb

Base Jump
I'll never base jump or do any squirrel suit stuff, but I've done the others. I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to bungee again. It was the most terrifying thing I've ever done. By far. But skydiving was fun and hang gliding was the most amazing experience I've ever had. Have done it a couple times and can't say enough great things about it. It was a mild adrenaline rush but mostly just mind blowingly peaceful. That said, this video was terrifying. I was hoping he'd immediately let go and fall a short distance the second they took off, but I can see reflexes not going with the whole potentially plunge to my death angle. What an amazing guy to have held on that long. And with what seemed like mostly one arm for large stretches! I'm stunned to see this level of incompetence from the 'pro' but really glad the guy came out mostly ok. Wow, what a video. 

I tried hanging by my hands this morning.  I did not make 2 and a half minutes like this guy did.  My life was not at risk, but damn.  I do think I could have clambered up to that pilot's back and rode him instead of hanging there. 

Since I know a guy who died in a very stupid way skydiving, I have zero interest in doing anything death defying like this.

They forgot to attach the first cable. Why would they have remembered the second one?

Users who are viewing this thread