What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrel Williams - Arizona (1 Viewer)

Deamon said:
I think Shady will be eased in.  And if KC has a big lead, that's when Darrel will get more touches than Mccoy, and also when the team is going to be running the ball more anyways (maybe not though with Mahomes back there).  I guess McCoy could have a bigger game for sure if it's a tight game, but I think Mahomes will be bombing it in a game like that.
It's an interesting take. Shady came into the game last week with an injury, and seemed to reinjure in the 2nd/3rd Q? Looking at game logs seemed Darell was used in the first half in cases bith in the run and pass game. I could see them splitting carries again, which means Darell may have some solid value as they try to protect McCoy from further reinjury, esp. in PPR as Darell seems involved as a pass catcher too.

Thinking Darell could be a good boom/bust flex if you need points?

I think he’s a low end flex option for this weekend. He’s startable if you don’t have the best depth. He would become very valuable when/if McCoy gets injured. 

RB1 with Bell on bye, White in the flex, Carson sucking (should be my RB1 this week but I cannot and will not consider him that) and Melvin on the bench.

Yikes.

There are some guys suiting up with both talent and a previously more defined role than Williams in the responses I've seen.

Have no one on bye but struggling with Carson as my RB2 and a choice between Waller, Jacobs, and Darrel for my 2 flex spots.

RB2 for me 
agreed... McCoy is a fine play, but Williams got the yardage and the touches, just not the TDs. Detroit's defense is pretty good - they have good corners and Slay will likely shadow Watkins. They have good safeties too, but their linebackers are so-so. They have been pretty porous against the run actually, and especially bad against pass-catching RBs. I think Reid knows this and tries to get McCoy/Williams involved in the pass game. It helps that they are on turf, and with his speed, that is just scary.

All the guys I'm deciding between them and Darrell have late games; Darrell goes early. So will need to commit or miss out.

My gut is screaming at me to start this guy; my brain is screaming to go with a guy with a potentially higher floor.

Is Darrell Williams involved in the passing game KC? I know he was solid with swing/check downs in college, but do the Chiefs use this a lot in this offense? And was Williams involved in the passing game? Or do they just use Shady for this role?

In PPR, this might help make my decision.

• Thanks
Reactions: ATB
All the guys I'm deciding between them and Darrell have late games; Darrell goes early. So will need to commit or miss out.

My gut is screaming at me to start this guy; my brain is screaming to go with a guy with a potentially higher floor.

Is Darrell Williams involved in the passing game KC? I know he was solid with swing/check downs in college, but do the Chiefs use this a lot in this offense? And was Williams involved in the passing game? Or do they just use Shady for this role?

In PPR, this might help make my decision.
Dude... yes!

Have to choose between Darrel, Chris Thompson, John Brown, or Tyrell Williams for two flexes. Leaning his way, but will see what the early morning reports are on Shady before making a final call.

Not starting him over Zeke, Jacobs, McCoy.

Would start Darrel over Michel despite reports Michel will be "fed." An aside: Okay, into what sort of running lanes? Clogged ones?

Back on topic: Still have Shady in there over Darrel. 

Shady had 26 offensive snaps, Williams 37, Thompson had five, if I'm reading it right. 
And for those saying Darwin was trusted and therefore given 4 carries near the end of the game, I beg to differ.  The reason he got those carries in the second to last possession was because Darrel had just broken a 40 yard run and needed a breather.  Darrel returned to ice the game with his 16 yard catch for a first down.

Looking at Darrel W, Fitz or Phillip Lindsay @ flex. 1.0 PPR League

Tough decision. Not sure who.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do we think about him in dynasty.  seems extremely unlikely that mccoy would be a factor after this year and damien doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem if darrel plays well (especially if damien stays hurt).

better long-term value than darwin?

what do we think about him in dynasty.  seems extremely unlikely that mccoy would be a factor after this year and damien doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem if darrel plays well (especially if damien stays hurt).

I doubt Damien or Shady start for the Chiefs next year. 

That's why I was sky high on Darwin in the pre-season.  Darrel seems to be ahead of Darwin.  But who knows, it could  be a 50/50 split next year. 

I’m sitting him for Carson.

At least right now....

I’ve got the same dilemma
I don't see how you sit Carson. He has a great matchup against ARI who has allowed 3rd most rush yards and has a porous linebacking crew. Carson will get more volume (assuming he won't fumble) and has more opportunity given ARI defensive woes, with a SEA team that loves the run.  

If you are worried about Penny, he's a GTD and hasn't reliably practiced so risk is low. Prosise will spell, but likely won't have a significant role if Carson holds onto the rock. As his job depends on it, I think he will and Carroll affords him that trust one more game.

Darrel to the championship! 
I hope so -- my fear is that once DWill1/Thompson is healthy Darrel will be back to the bench regardless of how he does in this game. And Shady will cap his upside regardless. Too hopeful (for me anyway) to expect Darrel runs away with the starting job unless you are betting on constant injury to the other backs.

I think I'm aboard this train for this weekend, but a lot needs to happen to have this guy be steal of the wire.

Sure but you gotta believe the Chiefs eventually solve this problem with a top 5 level RB/Superback that can exploit Mahomes talent. That guy is out there or about to be available in the draft, it's the missing ingredient IMO. 

I don't see how you sit Carson. He has a great matchup against ARI who has allowed 3rd most rush yards and has a porous linebacking crew. Carson will get more volume (assuming he won't fumble) and has more opportunity given ARI defensive woes, with a SEA team that loves the run.  

If you are worried about Penny, he's a GTD and hasn't reliably practiced so risk is low. Prosise will spell, but likely won't have a significant role if Carson holds onto the rock. As his job depends on it, I think he will and Carroll affords him that trust one more game.

I hope so -- my fear is that once DWill1/Thompson is healthy Darrel will be back to the bench regardless of how he does in this game. And Shady will cap his upside regardless. Too hopeful (for me anyway) to expect Darrel runs away with the starting job unless you are betting on constant injury to the other backs.

I think I'm aboard this train for this weekend, but a lot needs to happen to have this guy be steal of the wire.
I'm counting on a lot to happen. I usually get lucky and happen to get the waiver wire gem every season, which helps to make up for my terrible drafting and injuries. 

Users who are viewing this thread