What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you make an open field tackle to stop an NFL starting RB from gaining 10 yards on a rush for $1mm? (1 Viewer)

No. None of you could. Stop it.
I would use the sideline to my advantage, angle him using geometry to get him pinned. See I don't need to worry how many yards he gets, he can run 9 yards freely. I just need to cut him off before he hits the endzone and use his inertia to carry himself out of bounds. It's all about steering him into the sidelines and using the natural advantages of the playing field. So based on that, I give myself a 0% chance.

Open field is the kicker here. It's not a size/power issue, it's more that none of us would get close enough to the back in order to lay a finger on them in the first place, be it either through agility/cutting or just pure speed

My only hope would be to get my fat, out of shape self in front of him and attempt contact. When said contact happens, hopefully he trips over my limp, lifeless body and falls down. Wife inherits the money and speaks of me fondly in the future.

Inspired by the 10 rushing yards for $10mm thread. If $1mm was on the line, could you make a stop on an NFL starting running back with an open field clean tackle for $1mm? No grabbing the face mask or other acts which would be a personal foul in the game.

Personally I'd probably wind up like this guy if I even tried.

Not sure why the $ matters. I couldn't do it for a dollar or a billion dollars and neither could anyone else on this forum.
you are probably right. a pro level RB likely wouldnt even break a sweat. his speed is so much greater than most everyone here hes probably just run around you and if you could catch him most pro level RB's would power through.

Maybe a more apt question is could you flag football tackle an NFL RB as they tried to pass you in a narrow hallway?

Yeah there is an answer. Point at the sky behind him and say "Look, the Goodrich Blimp". When he turns to look tase him.

It's the only way to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread