Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Dan

Darrell Henderson - LA Rams

21 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Cooper Kupp came into this wk the #1 wr in ppr

They don’t play SF every wk

Rams were averaging 30 points a game coming into the SF game. They will be fine. Niners D is that good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wise Old Owl said:

How bad is this offense? I didn't get a chance to watch any of it but Goff's stats are shocking. Is this even an offense you want pieces of anymore?

The OLine is sub optimal

15 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

thanks

the first video he shows (the op), it looks almost fast forward. that burst is just unreal. that's exactly what I was excited about back predraft. If/once he gets it together, watch out. 

OMG I didn’t think he had wheels like that. I’m glad a drafted him as a handcuff....I remember the moans from the other owners when I picked him! LOL!

Tex

• Like 1

Whether Gurley's healthy or not, I don't know how you don't get him at least a handful of touches every week.

The difference in the burst between him and Gurley/Brown is enormous. Would be absolutely foolish not use him in at least a change of pace role going forward. Might not mean a whole lot in fantasy but widely apparent watching these guys on the field. 

There's one guy in their backfield that can make something out of nothing. And it's not Gurley or Brown.

Per rotoworld, Gurley limited today and M. Brown didn't practice.

This is getting a little interesting.

He may get a serious shot here in a shootout.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I've got him rostered everywhere in redraft and hoping for his shot to come!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Agreed.  If he is the lead back this week due to injury he could have a great game against ATL who is generous to the RB position.  

Heck, even in a scenario where Gurley is active and Brown isn't might be ok for Henderson in a spot start. I'm looking at him vs Miles Sanders for my RB2 in one league this week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Heck, even in a scenario where Gurley is active and Brown isn't might be ok for Henderson in a spot start. I'm looking at him vs Miles Sanders for my RB2 in one league this week. 

ready player 1

looking at maybe over Mixon 

• Like 1

Gurley limited, Brown not practicing at all, seems like Henderson will out perform his ranking this week. 

45 range seems to be the mid week temperature. I think he can do better than crack the Top 50. 

Traded away Gurley last week and grabbed Henderson.  Here’s to hoping this turns into something lucrative.

8 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Yep, and my alternatives this week are Anderson or Hardman.  If either Gurley or Brown don't practice today, I'm rolling with Henderson Sunday...giddyup!

If Henderson didnt fumble, he would have had all the carries rest of game I bet. 

While we can talk about his burst, he needs to handle the ball way better. That can be fixed, but he cant do too much more fumbling now after that fumble in his first chance to show himself. 

• Like 1

If Brown sits and Gurley plays I am starting Henderson over Montgomery or Sanders and debating over Singletary.

If Gurley sits it is academic.

sunday morning will be interesting for RB2

have singletary in now

But could possibly be looking at playing either Henderson or Edmunds. I almost want to lean Edmunds since his usage seems pretty defined especially if Kirk sits again. But that MIA matchup seems so juicy. 

7 hours ago, Loipz said:

sunday morning will be interesting for RB2

have singletary in now

But could possibly be looking at playing either Henderson or Edmunds. I almost want to lean Edmunds since his usage seems pretty defined especially if Kirk sits again. But that MIA matchup seems so juicy. 

Same boat! But add Melvin Gordon to the mix. Need two outta those four. 

Just now, Wise Old Owl said:

Sounds about right. Chance at a td

Wasn’t Gurley getting all the touches early on this year? I worry Henderson won’t get anything.  

10 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Wasn’t Gurley getting all the touches early on this year? I worry Henderson won’t get anything.  

I thought they were limiting his touches. Maybe I should look again.

36 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Henderson will probably get every 3rd possession 

48 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Brown was getting about 6 carries a game.

Edit: And every 3rd series would be about 6 carries.

Edited by Concept Coop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Concept Coop said:

Brown was getting about 6 carries a game.

Given Gurley has been banged up I could see 10 to 12 carries for Henderson.  Especially because of the life in his legs he demonstrated last week.  He looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Given Gurley has been banged up I could see 10 to 12 carries for Henderson.  Especially because of the life in his legs he demonstrated last week.  He looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

I’d have been giving Henderson touches all year, if it was me. They absolutely should give him 10+ touches, but we’ll see.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

When I saw those first 2 runs during the game, my jaw dropped.  For anyone that didn't see it, his runs start at 3:33 of this SF-LAR highlights video. I was disappointed that he was barely used last week. He's going to be a big weapon one of these days. Atlanta's defense is hot garbage. It could be this week if he gets a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9heYbDdzMIY

26 minutes ago, NYRAGE said:

When I saw those first 2 runs during the game, my jaw dropped.  For anyone that didn't see it, his runs start at 3:33 of this SF-LAR highlights video. I was disappointed that he was barely used last week. He's going to be a big weapon one of these days. Atlanta's defense is hot garbage. It could be this week if he gets a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9heYbDdzMIY

Wow. I loved his highlights out of Memphis and these don't surprise. What was all the fuss about a bad preseason? This guy can run. 

Just now, rockaction said:

Wow. I loved his highlights out of Memphis and these don't surprise. What was all the fuss about a bad preseason? This guy can run. 

Learning the playbook and pass protection I think.

Just now, NYRAGE said:

Learning the playbook and pass protection I think.

Yeah, I mean his actual runs were criticized in this forum. JAG may or may not have used. ;)

No, it just seemed like a significant portion of the SP was down on his running.

He looks darn good in those clips. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Same boat! But add Melvin Gordon to the mix. Need two outta those four. 

Drafted him as the RB3/4 knowing he would miss time...I'm afraid to start him and we are entering Game 3/4...it's just not working right now. 

• Like 1

What if Brown is OUT and then Gurley has to exit the game, maybe a tweak/strain/pull...nothing to miss long term but one of those "questionable" to return...you aren't far off from being leaned on like McVay said a few weeks back, "We might have to rely on him(Henderson)"

Edited by Ministry of Pain

41 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, I mean his actual runs were criticized in this forum. JAG may or may not have used. ;)

No, it just seemed like a significant portion of the SP was down on his running.

He looks darn good in those clips. 

He got a running start in those clips. That’s all I’ve seen anyone question - his ability to create laterally in traffic. This scheme is a perfect for him though - and in space he’s explosive. 

47 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

He got a running start in those clips. That’s all I’ve seen anyone question - his ability to create laterally in traffic. This scheme is a perfect for him though - and in space he’s explosive. 

Gotcha. I am not an expert, but when particular posters get excited about a guy, I take notice. It's really unfair for me to have a strong opinion compared to guys that watch Saturdays and guys that are really following. 

I'm thinking Justice Hill in terms of opportunity, though. With less of an effective Ingram II in front of him but a back that's better than Gus as your two.

I'd hold my excitement a bit until the roadblocks are clear, I guess. 

• Like 1

During pre-season Henderson came out saying hes not used to the the zbs, its not what he ran mostly in college. By his own admission there'll be an adjustment while he gets aquainted. These concepts are the base of McVay's offense. Yeah you saw the talent on Henderson's big couple runs, one came out of a power concept the other a great big giant hole. I didnt notice an ability to slash through the defense on his other carries. So idk, maybe I'm biased though.

Edited by cloppbeast

He looked plenty explosive to me. And Atlanta is susceptible to big plays. I'm not in love with putting him in my lineup but I am going to in a couple spots. On the bench in a couple others. Right now I've got him over Montgomery and Sanders, debating against Singletary. 

1 hour ago, Concept Coop said:

He had some great blocking to work with in college and a lot of his highlights are just track meet type plays where people questioned his elusiveness, because they are not seeing ankle breaking cuts. Part of this is just the issue of looking at him from a sideline view where you are not seeing the footwork and changes of direction very well unless you slow down the frame speed. Even then its not as easy to identify how Henderson is winning as it would be with an end zone view.

On the first run it is a pitch to the left. Blockers outnumber defenders on the outside and they do a good job of blocking. Henderson has a two way go off of 17s block. He has enough burst to blow past 24 trying to play off the block. He makes one defender miss with a side step back to the inside without much loss of speed. He almost makes the 2nd defender miss too, but the defenders gets enough of his feet with a low tackle to knock him off balance.

On the 2nd run when he cuts it to the backside he has good blocking at the front side of the play. He cuts 90 degrees to create space against number 29 crashing down to fill the hole and 24 gets off his block at the same time as 29 arrives, yet Henderson is able to split these two defenders when he cuts back upfield again showing tremendous burst and acceleration.

He doesn't waste time with a lot of jukes and false steps, he is always trying to get downfield. He does what he has to, to create a bad angle.

Edited by Biabreakable
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

Never witnessed more excitement over 2 carries. 

Ameer Abdullah's first exhibition game and anytime Christine Michael had two carries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I'm thinking Justice Hill in terms of opportunity, though. With less of an effective Ingram II in front of him but a back that's better than Gus as your two.

I'd hold my excitement a bit until the roadblocks are clear, I guess. 

you like Hill better? I own him in the one league I dont own Henderson. Can't get anyone to bite (questioning these guys' dynasty knowledge- one guy didn't know who Dawson Knox was), and certainly wouldnt get the Henderson owner to swap straight 

FTR I think Hill has stud potential 

Edited by Dr. Dan

55 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

you like Hill better? I own him in the one league I dont own Henderson. Can't get anyone to bite (questioning these guys' dynasty knowledge- one guy didn't know who Dawson Knox was), and certainly wouldnt get the Henderson owner to swap straight 

FTR I think Hill has stud potential 

I've seen such limited stuff by both I don't feel qualified to put it on paper. I'd listen to consensus. I liked Henderson's highlights better, honestly. But guys like Waldman and others make livings off of studying tape. I'd listen to them. 

200 total yards.  3 total touchdowns.  I'm starting Henderson (@ Falcons) over McLaurin (vs 49ers).

Edited by Don Hutson

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

200 total yards.  3 total touchdowns.  I'm starting Henderson (@ Falcons) over McLaurin (vs 49ers).

Yea I don’t know about that but I am leaning starting him over Gurley today. I think the Rams get off to a hot start passing the ball and Gurley plays the short end of the split. I think they want to rest him if at all possible and see the shiney new toy 

Edited by starks

Wow I’m a big fan of this guy but some of this is pretty far out there. He’s more likely to go 4/17 than to blow up IMO. Can’t imagine starting him. Good luck to those who do. I hope he goes off. 

Edited by Cobbler1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Wow I’m a big fan of this guy but some of this is pretty far out there. He’s more likely to go 4/17 than to blow up IMO. Can’t imagine starting him. Good luck to those who do. I hope he goes off. 

This. I have him in dynasty and hope he shines this week but I can’t imagine starting him unless you are desperate. 

17 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

This. I have him in dynasty and hope he shines this week but I can’t imagine starting him unless you are desperate. 

:hey:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

:hey:

Wishing you the best!

I almost put him in my flex over Montgomery but couldn’t pull the trigger. 

43 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

It's him or Mixon for me.

I don't understand how this holds true for some

Henderson sits the first 5 weeks of the season, rumored to be because he needs to grasp the blocking scheme/playbook

He gets 2 carries, and looks great on those 2 carries 

The following week, we are expecting him to get many more carries, which would presumably lead to looking more great and better numbers. 

How does a guy who is rumored to be struggling with the plays go from 2 carries to "blow up candidate" level of carries? I like him, but I'm not as confident that hes just given more plays. 

That being said I have him penciled in ahead of Mixon because Mixon has been bad

• Like 1