What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG IDP Content (1 Viewer)

Teamer looks like a solid play this season. I can't imagine they bring Derwin back w/o a huge turnaround to their season.

However, he's doubtful for this weekend. :(

Not surprised... does anyone really pay attention to his rankings?

I occasionally glance to see if he concurs with Norton as a tiebreaker... that's about it.

Sleepers article this week again is just a rehash of guys that had good games last week.  Calling for DL sleepers of Dunlap (3 sacks last week), Oliver (2 sacks last week) and Irvin (1 sack last week) seems like a chasing points situation rather than actually coming up with someone that isn't on anybody's radar that has a chance to put up big numbers.  Too often this content is just a recap of the previous week rather than a forecast. 

I know it's beating a dead horse but this is not helpful content. 

Tietgen has Morgan Burnett scoring 14 in my league this week. He's only been on IR for two weeks, now. This is ridiculous.
He's had Chad Thomas at 0 through this big scoring binge he's on.  Each week when I check MyFBG, it says to sit Thomas.  I click and see that Norton has him at 9.5 points and Tietgen has him at 0.

I like that there's a second opinion, but for the playoffs, I think I'm going to have to set MyFBG IDP weight to 100% Norton.

The preseason stuff is really good. Once the season begins the content really tails off...but the weekly IDP roundtable is some good stuff and I like how it is structured by position group (just too late in the week for waiver pickups).

Mainly I just monitor box scores and snap counts and do Google searches on emerging players then read stuff from that player's local media.

Where FBG content was extremely helpful was when I was first getting up the IDP learning curve back in the day (schemes, stat crews, matchup plays, etc.). 

The preseason stuff is really good. Once the season begins the content really tails off...but the weekly IDP roundtable is some good stuff and I like how it is structured by position group (just too late in the week for waiver pickups).

Mainly I just monitor box scores and snap counts and do Google searches on emerging players then read stuff from that player's local media.

Where FBG content was extremely helpful was when I was first getting up the IDP learning curve back in the day (schemes, stat crews, matchup plays, etc.). 
Being that this comes after waivers run it is not of much help and it doesn't seem like this is weekly.  Looking at my feed the last three episodes have been Nov 7, 21 and Dec 5.  So it appears to be every two weeks from that point.  It might be due to the holidays though. 

Being that this comes after waivers run it is not of much help and it doesn't seem like this is weekly.  Looking at my feed the last three episodes have been Nov 7, 21 and Dec 5.  So it appears to be every two weeks from that point.  It might be due to the holidays though. 
I have zero inside information here, but I am always curious if Schauf is being actively recruited to the team and/or couldn't join up until 2020 for whatever reason.  At least that's my hope.  

Re: Tietgen, unless I changed weightings at one point it seems about 90-95% Norton and very little Tietgen.  There's some value in tempering current expectations with pre-season expectations (I think Harstad has written about this) so I wonder if that's why Tietgen's numbers are still being used.  Obviously no value in looking at them as current projections though.  

Just a couple random ### guesses here.  Otherwise I agree.  Hoping to see the potential upside next year. 

He's had Chad Thomas at 0 through this big scoring binge he's on.  Each week when I check MyFBG, it says to sit Thomas.  I click and see that Norton has him at 9.5 points and Tietgen has him at 0.

I like that there's a second opinion, but for the playoffs, I think I'm going to have to set MyFBG IDP weight to 100% Norton.
Chad Thomas seems to still be flying under the radar in a number of places. IDPGuru has him ranked at #39 for DE/DTs this week (ECR is 36). ROS they have him at #57 and ECR is 60.

In EOTG it was mentioned that the Cowboys had a short week, even though they played on Thanksgiving. Is there an editor here at all(genuinely wondering this)?

Championship week and the IDP rankings are still not published on Wednesday morning, after waivers have processed. An embarrassing new low for this site or just par for the course now?

Championship week and the IDP rankings are still not published on Wednesday morning, after waivers have processed. An embarrassing new low for this site or just par for the course now?
Not atypical.  IDP stuff seems to happen “when they get around to it.”

Gally said:
As usual, the IDP side is completely ignored going into the off season and dynasty stash season......
If you find a site covering it well, please link.  The whole internet ignores dynasty IDP until the draft.

If you find a site covering it well, please link.  The whole internet ignores dynasty IDP until the draft.
I haven't found anything.  With as disappointing as this site has been once Bramel stopped posting IDP stuff there is little to none IDP info readily available.  It's kind of a double edged sword.  Part of the reason I really like IDP is you have to work for information so it rewards people that put in the time and gives you an advantage that hasn't been there since fantasy went mainstream.  However, it does get frustrating when the info that is put out is so lacking that it almost becomes useless. 

If you get a chance fill out the footballguys survey and hammer them about lack of IDP content.  Every chance I got on that form I advised how poor the IDP content has gotten recently.  I am not sure if it will make a difference but it definitely won't hurt anything....

Users who are viewing this thread