What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Daniel Jones, NYG (1 Viewer)

Traded Sutton for him in Superflex, so hoping for big things to come from my QB2 this year & beyond. The fumbles don’t worry me that much....yet. I am assuming the OL will continue by improve & Jones will learn to throw it away more often. He seemed to hold onto the ball just a little too long at times, which isn’t uncommon in young QBs adjusting to the NFL. If he can’t shake that in 2020 it could be more of a problem. 

Traded Sutton for him in Superflex, so hoping for big things to come from my QB2 this year & beyond. The fumbles don’t worry me that much....yet. I am assuming the OL will continue by improve & Jones will learn to throw it away more often. He seemed to hold onto the ball just a little too long at times, which isn’t uncommon in young QBs adjusting to the NFL. If he can’t shake that in 2020 it could be more of a problem. 
Good job!

Tex

Good job!

Tex
IMO Sutton is a stud. Jury’s way out on whether it was a good deal.

I mostly love what I’ve seen from Jones. What I didn’t love has been downright awful. But to my eye the bad Jones looked like rookie growing pains. 

2020 should show us what’s what. 

The thing that scares me about Jones right now is this climate where he can't get a normal camp and train and learn Jason Garrett's scheme, much less fix his two big bugaboos; pocket awareness and ball security. There was a time 20 years ago where his lack of awareness would've landed him in the hospital; I'm hoping when training camp opens sometime in late June that he's able to really work on those deficiencies in his game.

I really wonder how much we will see from Garrett the OC. Garrett the coach was very blah calling the plays, maybe some more innovation now that he's an OC again?

The Athletic's Dan Duggan reports Giants QB Daniel Jones is training specifically to increase his ball security this season.

Jones' carelessness handling the ball at Duke (19 fumbles across 36 games) carried over into his rookie year off the bench as the 23-year-old recorded a league-high 18 fumbles across 12 starts. Duggan notes that Danny Dimes has since been training with an emphasis on ball security during the offseason, bulking to 230 pounds (up from 221) for a stronger grip, reaching out to Tony Romo (who infamously began his career with ball issues), and diligently working through drills that are designed for tight pocket movement. Jones flashed highs and lows, notably recording four games of 28-plus fantasy points against poor competition, in place of Eli Manning last year, but any concerted efforts into improving his own glaring weakness is a step in the right direction. Jones is a bet to bounce back as a fringe QB1 for fantasy assuming he survives the Giants' opening murderer's row against the Steelers, in Chicago, versus the Niners, and the team's cross-country bout against the Rams.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jun 5, 2020, 11:50 AM ET

Mid QB1 next year. Far better rushing ability than I expected and will benefit tremendously from O Line improvements and health from Barkley and the receiving corps

Mid QB1 next year. Far better rushing ability than I expected and will benefit tremendously from O Line improvements and health from Barkley and the receiving corps
That seems like pretty high praise saying mid QB1.  I would easily have Lamar, Mahommes, Watson, Prescott, Murray ahead of him.  So mid says you have him in that next tier?  I would have him in QB2 range dynasty and redraft.

That seems like pretty high praise saying mid QB1.  I would easily have Lamar, Mahommes, Watson, Prescott, Murray ahead of him.  So mid says you have him in that next tier?  I would have him in QB2 range dynasty and redraft.
Yes, I would easily take those ahead of him as well. I would have him in the next tier behind Wentz, Allen, Matt Ryan and maybe Stafford.

Maybe low QB1, but I could see a finish as high as 5-6 if the Giants D is bad enough to create good game scripts amd the offense stays healthy

Yes, I would easily take those ahead of him as well. I would have him in the next tier behind Wentz, Allen, Matt Ryan and maybe Stafford.

Maybe low QB1, but I could see a finish as high as 5-6 if the Giants D is bad enough to create good game scripts amd the offense stays healthy
Again, as a Giants fan his biggest issue is the recognition of pressure and what to do after that recognition (run/juke/throw it away if out of pocket/etc). He doesn't feel pressure or recognize it in his face and that can lead to really bad things. I really don't think camps will open up on time next month and that will delay his progression.

Sutton is a big give IMO.  Even if you expect good things Sutton already has pedigree.

Sutton is a big give IMO.  Even if you expect good things Sutton already has pedigree.
Yeah that's a big more than I'd be willing to pay, and I love Jones.

But I guess there are some leagues where QBs are are a premium and a young one with potential to be a long time starter can get that. I still wouldn't want to be the one to pay it without something added to the Jones side

NY Giants: 6 standouts from Friday's intrasquad scrimmage and Daniel Jones' strong finish

Excerpt:

Meanwhile, on the other side of the ball, quarterback Daniel Jones started slow before finishing strong, completing 15-of-26 passes with two touchdowns (wide receiver David Sills and tight end Kaden Smith) and an interception. The Giants also knocked down two Jones pass attempts at or near the line of scrimmage, and those were credited to Lorenzo Carter and Oshane Ximines.

The command Jones displayed both in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage is what impressed Judge most. Overall, the Giants took a significant step forward with regard to preparing for the upcoming season, especially without any exhibition games between now and the Sept. 14 opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Good to hear - I invested a lot to acquire him in a Superflex dynasty, paired with Mahomie, as I only had Carr & Brady, one of whom is super meh, the other is aging out rapidly at 43.  Hoping that young duo keeps me set at QB for many years. 
Awesome! Thanks for the update. I was curious 👍

Good to hear - I invested a lot to acquire him in a Superflex dynasty, paired with Mahomie, as I only had Carr & Brady, one of whom is super meh, the other is aging out rapidly at 43.  Hoping that young duo keeps me set at QB for many years. 
Thanks man!  Please post all updates on your team here because we all really care!

Let me know if you’d like to subscribe to my newsletter. I was thinking about starting a blog, too. 

Did you have any thoughts about this player or nah? 
Ya I think Daniel Jones is going to take a big step forward this year. Giants offence looks good with a number of weapons.

But I'm more interested in your team...keep posting your waiver transactions here!

But I'm more interested in your team...keep posting your waiver transactions here!
so trolling it is.  I’ll look forward to one day when you become a contributing member of this forum. good luck on your eventual maturation. 

so trolling it is.  I’ll look forward to one day when you become a contributing member of this forum. good luck on your eventual maturation. 
You do you Hot Sauce Guy. You can be excited about a guy and share why and not enter the here’s my team zone. Ignore the noise.

I think Danny Dimes takes a step forward this year after a year of learning and the game slowing down.

A healthy Engram, and solid connection with slayton will help.

Man I hate Golden Tate. Wouldn’t mind seeing him fading out this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do you Hot Sauce Guy. You can be excited about a guy and share why and not enter the here’s my team zone. Ignore the noise.
I mean once is a humorous thing - I'll play along. I did just that here. But to continue is just mindless trolling & a distraction, and ironically only one of us was discussing the player in this topic, so...

Sometimes context matters. If I post that I like a guy and later people learn I have him or dealt for him, it can come back as a "oh, so that's why you like the guy". So I occasionally sprinkle in personal anecdotes to hedge against that. Like "here's a dude I paid a lot for, and I'm high on him because...." 

I understand there will be the occasional jab - but once a jab turns into a series of comments it just gets annoying. I give as I get. 

I think Danny Dimes takes a step forward this year after a year of learning and the game slowing down.

A healthy Ingram, and solid connection with slayton will help.
Agreed - as a Dynasty Engram owner (see what I did there) I am also high on the kid. i think he's knocked at the door of "elite" for a couple years now - health has eluded him. I think he's better than Waller, or a lot of the TEs around his tier. He just needs to stay on the  field to prove it. IMO as healthy as Engram can stay, that's where Jones' ceiling is. Having a big dude who mismatches against LBs seems to be key for a lot of young passers. 

Man I hate Golden Tate. Wouldn’t mind seeing him fading out this year.
I also hate Golden Tate. I have lost more important matchups because of that dude, I swear. Last year it was the juggling, bounce the football off his own facemask back into his hands TD that cost me the week. Hate hate hate Tate. 

I mean once is a humorous thing - I'll play along. I did just that here. But to continue is just mindless trolling & a distraction, and ironically only one of us was discussing the player in this topic, so...

Sometimes context matters. If I post that I like a guy and later people learn I have him or dealt for him, it can come back as a "oh, so that's why you like the guy". So I occasionally sprinkle in personal anecdotes to hedge against that. Like "here's a dude I paid a lot for, and I'm high on him because...." 

I understand there will be the occasional jab - but once a jab turns into a series of comments it just gets annoying. I give as I get. 

Agreed - as a Dynasty Engram owner (see what I did there) I am also high on the kid. i think he's knocked at the door of "elite" for a couple years now - health has eluded him. I think he's better than Waller, or a lot of the TEs around his tier. He just needs to stay on the  field to prove it. IMO as healthy as Engram can stay, that's where Jones' ceiling is. Having a big dude who mismatches against LBs seems to be key for a lot of young passers. 

I also hate Golden Tate. I have lost more important matchups because of that dude, I swear. Last year it was the juggling, bounce the football off his own facemask back into his hands TD that cost me the week. Hate hate hate Tate. 
I’m only upset that you quoted me before I could fix my misspelling of Engram. 

Barkley and Ingram with the one-two punch.
You keep forcing my hand. I have Ingram on this same dynasty squad as Jones & Engram. If Ingram went to NY it would just ruin one more player of mine. Trying to squeeze 16 more doses of magic juice out of those old legs before putting him out to pasture. 

If you had actually completed that sentence, then nobody would have had a problem.

You told us about the rest of your roster instead of saying anything about Daniel Jones.
Actually no, I didn't. I described mt aging QB situation, which was relevant to the topic. Unlike this post of yours right here. I'm just sayin. 

Your aging QB situation is in no way relevant to the topic.
My aging QB situation was totally, 100% relevant to my trading for the guy who this topic was about, a 2nd year QB in a Dynasty format. 

Your continued focus on me is in no way relevant to this topic.

HTH! 

My aging QB situation was totally, 100% relevant to my trading for the guy who this topic was about, a 2nd year QB in a Dynasty format. 

Your continued focus on me is in no way relevant to this topic.

HTH! 
Your aging QB situation is 100% relevant to your team.  Your team is 0% relevant to this thread.

HTH!

Your aging QB situation is 100% relevant to your team.  Your team is 0% relevant to this thread.

HTH!
This is a discussion forum. I am one of those discussing Danny Dimes. I happened to have recently acquired him in dynasty, and introduced that related  subject to the Daniel Jones topic, a topic about the player I just acquired, with context for why I acquired that player. The player who this discussion is about. 

You have now posted 3x, 100% off topic, purely to call me out personally because for some absurd reason you don't approve of my addition to this discussion. 

I recommend simply ignoring discussions you aren't interested in for future posts. You'll probably enjoy the forums more. But make no mistake: my post was 100% on-topic. The topic of Daniel Jones. For whom there was a positive news link, which made me optimistic about the player I just acquired. 

Thank you for coming to my TED talk, and welcome to ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread