What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (1 Viewer)

I assume you mean of FS, right?  PDS ended a long time ago.  

I figured it was coming back soon because I believe Nilsa was arrested a while back during filming of the show.  Or something like that.  But good to know.
Yep. Wish they’d get rid of that Gus dude.  Total ####

Good to know. Is he a drama queen on there too

i saw they’re bringing in Maddie from party down south. Hottie
He didn't get a ton of screen time but he was good on the show.  I could see him fitting in well once he finds his footing.  

Mattie was on last season but not this season.

Kicks off tonight, but probably like last season, I won't get to watch the episode until Thursdays.  

On a side note, I just read an article that Theo was hit in the eye with a cork and is now blind in one eye.  Didn't happen on the show.  Looks like it just happened.  Poor guy.
Yeah, apparently he was in a club in Ibiza, took his glasses off and looked down to get sweat/booze out of his eyes and someone popped a champagne cork right into his face.  Split his eye in half.  

Tuned in at 8pm to watch it and it wasn't on.  I know when I checked the DVR a couple of weeks ago, it said 8.  Looked it up online and apparently they were ok going against Survivor head to head.  But after they found out they'd go against Survivor AND The Masked Singer, they moved it back up to 9.

I'll get to watch it tonight.  

SPOILERS btw - BIG ones - dont click if you dont want to know - seriously. 

Wes and Bananas are the next 2 men to go home

I love the twist that you can renounce your allegiance after winning on the Proving Grounds.  I don't think it will come into play early, but I think we'll see it used a lot.

And the US team not picking CT was a Richard move.  And speaking of CT, glad to see Angry CT back.  If it wouldn't have been the first episode of the season, I would have loved to seen him demolish that idiot who's name I can't think of right now.  Just leave the room.  I was also worried that Happy, Nice Laurel would be returning, but it appears that Mean, Angry Laurel is what we get, which is nice.

Also, it appears as if Turbo goes off at some point.  Can't wait to see that.  So excited for this season.

I love the twist that you can renounce your allegiance after winning on the Proving Grounds.  I don't think it will come into play early, but I think we'll see it used a lot.

And the US team not picking CT was a Richard move.  And speaking of CT, glad to see Angry CT back.  If it wouldn't have been the first episode of the season, I would have loved to seen him demolish that idiot who's name I can't think of right now.  Just leave the room.  I was also worried that Happy, Nice Laurel would be returning, but it appears that Mean, Angry Laurel is what we get, which is nice.

Also, it appears as if Turbo goes off at some point.  Can't wait to see that.  So excited for this season.
CT is like a legit 280 and Turbo just put on a display on the last challenge.  No brainer move.  Also the black uk boxer would be nuts not to switch to the us side

CT is like a legit 280 and Turbo just put on a display on the last challenge.  No brainer move.  Also the black uk boxer would be nuts not to switch to the us side
But CT is still a beast.  It's not like this is the first season he's become fat and old.

not like this.  i would take turbo 100 times out of 100
Also, Turbo is a newbie.  And thanks to the idiot veterans from last season, he got to play a quiet game without much politicking.  No back stabbing.  No Bananas.  CT knows how to play this game.  We'll see how Turbo does with these vets.

Also, Turbo is a newbie.  And thanks to the idiot veterans from last season, he got to play a quiet game without much politicking.  No back stabbing.  No Bananas.  CT knows how to play this game.  We'll see how Turbo does with these vets.
I hear what you are saying but CT is fat and out of shape and they made great points about hanging, running etc.  He is going to be a liability at some point.  Which is funny given the verbal abuse he gave Eric that time about being fat

I thought him sitting back analyzing Wes to a tee was one of the best spots on the episode.  
Wes and Bananas have the same problem:  They love to tell people how good they are and how they manipulate people.  They're like bank robbers who can't keep their mouths shut about how they pulled off such an amazing heist.

You've got a guy who is one of the smartest players on the Challenge (I know, not saying much) and is also a massive physical presence who also, except for having to leave twice for trying to murder people and once because the love of his life was dying, reached ten straight finals.  First time he showed up looking fat he won the whole thing.  Second time he showed up looking fat he came in third.  The only reason he got booted last season was a 3 man elimination where the other two ganged up on him completely from the start (as they should have.)

Completely silly not to pick CT.

Another serious spoiler. Seriously - don't click if you don't want to know the winners of the season. 

CT wins this season (along with Dee, Rogan and Jordan as a team of 4)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good episode.  I like that you can only switch allegiance once.  I think it's funny that I hated Kyle in his first season and now he's become one of my favorite people.  Cracks me up.  :lol:

Story

I feel like people these days don't know how to react to confrontation.  She keeps saying she felt threatened because people were moving towards her and yelling at her.  She seems like one of those people who can dish it out but can't take it.

I kind of have a thing for Georgia too for some odd reason. She's been growing on me - similar to the herpes I'm sure she has if I banged her. 

Totally bummed Wes is gone. :kicksrock:  Far and away my all time favorite cast member. Even after 15 (?) years on these things, he's still the most interesting cast member IMO. I wasn't even paying attention during the elimination. Figured Wes would win and looked up again and they were saying goodbye to him :cry:  

No clue why this Josh guy is even on these things

And Georgia has the most annoying voice in challenge history. Nails on chalkboard.

Best part of this episode: Leroy coming to the realization after about a decade on these things he should converse with someone but Johnny Bananas and actually try to advance in these things  :lmao:  

The Pluto TV app added an MTV Challenge channel that streams Challenge episodes 24 hours a day (with ads).  From what I can tell so far, they pick a season, run all the episodes in a row, then pick another season and run a marathon of that, and so on.  I haven't slept in five days since I discovered this.    
👍 Great app. Best free one I've run across. 

I've already spent countless hours watching the Challenge channel since it launched a couple weeks ago. Hoping they show older seasons eventually. Hoping for a Real World/Road Rules channel down the road.

Josh is just dumb.  Really really dumb.

The challenges have been stupid and confusing.  TJ just shoots a ball against a wall and its pure luck who turns around and picks it up.  Then on the second ball when wes gets it bear just starts beating his head and kicking him.  It was so stupid

And I am in love with laurel.

I can't stand Josh, ever since BB.  Total loser.

But, that was arguably the best episode ever last night!  Later, Wesley!  Would have been even better if Josh/Laurel made it a complete shocker at the vote like they talked about, but I knew since Josh was involved that would never even come close to happening.

Kind of surprised that the UK didn't seem to care WHO broke the locks (or MTV just didn't show those discussions).  You would think that would have been a good way to select their person going into elimination.  But then again, Bear is an easy target too.

I can't believe Wes is gone.  Even if you don't like him, he's great drama on the show.  He's been growing on me lately, but I feel cheated that the last two seasons we see very limited Wes and Bananas interaction.  

And why is Josh trying to make a "big move"?  This isn't Survivor.  You don't need a resume to win this game.  So stupid.  He just screwed over his whole team.  If I was Paulie, I'd be pissed.

Lastly, has their ever been a more annoying person than Jordan?  So arrogant and so full of himself.  I used to root for him because people treated him bad to start.  But, much like Amanda, they just became meaner than the people being mean to them to counteract it.  

I can't believe Wes is gone.  Even if you don't like him, he's great drama on the show.  He's been growing on me lately, but I feel cheated that the last two seasons we see very limited Wes and Bananas interaction.  

And why is Josh trying to make a "big move"?  This isn't Survivor.  You don't need a resume to win this game.  So stupid.  He just screwed over his whole team.  If I was Paulie, I'd be pissed.

Lastly, has their ever been a more annoying person than Jordan?  So arrogant and so full of himself.  I used to root for him because people treated him bad to start.  But, much like Amanda, they just became meaner than the people being mean to them to counteract it.  
Agree Jordan is both. He was that way coming onto these shows. He's shown to be a good competitor so I've found it tolerable. I'll take someone like Jordan (who has proven himself in these things) than someone like Josh who legitimately add nothing to these shows personally nor are good competitors. Guarantee Josh thinks he "has an in with Bananas" now that "he" got rid of Wes. Guarantee it.

I've always found what Jordan's done in these challenges with one hand pretty damn impressive. I remember the hammer challenge where he destroyed Zack. Speaking of Zack, talk about a flop in these things. To my knowledge, he's never won one of these things on his own. I think he won that watered down Battle of the Seasons with his cast. He's been a regular cast member for over 7 years now.

I guess it's better than Leroy who has been a regular for even longer and won absolutely nothing. Talk about a regular that's really really really puzzling how he's been a regular for almost a decade now. I'd better rather see older guys like Brad/Derrick/pull Mark Long outta his wheelchair than Leroy.

Agree Jordan is both. He was that way coming onto these shows. He's shown to be a good competitor so I've found it tolerable. I'll take someone like Jordan (who has proven himself in these things) than someone like Josh who legitimately add nothing to these shows personally nor are good competitors. Guarantee Josh thinks he "has an in with Bananas" now that "he" got rid of Wes. Guarantee it.

I've always found what Jordan's done in these challenges with one hand pretty damn impressive. I remember the hammer challenge where he destroyed Zack. Speaking of Zack, talk about a flop in these things. To my knowledge, he's never won one of these things on his own. I think he won that watered down Battle of the Seasons with his cast. He's been a regular cast member for over 7 years now.

I guess it's better than Leroy who has been a regular for even longer and won absolutely nothing. Talk about a regular that's really really really puzzling how he's been a regular for almost a decade now. I'd better rather see older guys like Brad/Derrick/pull Mark Long outta his wheelchair than Leroy.
Zach's pretty much just cashing a paycheck.  And while that sucks to watch, I have to say, it's pretty smart.  Hang out for a week and get a small paycheck?  Sure thing.  

Zach's pretty much just cashing a paycheck.  And while that sucks to watch, I have to say, it's pretty smart.  Hang out for a week and get a small paycheck?  Sure thing.  
Plus rekindle things over and over with Jenna, who is sure to win one of these things eventually.  Maybe get half in a divorce. 

Totally bummed Wes is gone. :kicksrock:  Far and away my all time favorite cast member. Even after 15 (?) years on these things, he's still the most interesting cast member IMO. I wasn't even paying attention during the elimination. Figured Wes would win and looked up again and they were saying goodbye to him :cry:  

No clue why this Josh guy is even on these things

And Georgia has the most annoying voice in challenge history. Nails on chalkboard.

Best part of this episode: Leroy coming to the realization after about a decade on these things he should converse with someone but Johnny Bananas and actually try to advance in these things  :lmao:  
Leroy is obviously not the brightest bulb.

I can't stand listening to Wes, good riddance.  If the dude could just somehow keep his big mouth shut he would absolutely still be there.   He's meet josh before, he should have known how big of a baby he is.  That was a great episode, he just got owned by bear on that second ball.

Best elimination I can remember in a long time.

Laurel didnt shut up the entire episode.......until she got her ### sent home after cheating :lmao:  She was speechless

What's with her and Bear? Wasn't she a dyke the last time she was on a challenge? Oh well. She's got plenty of time now to figure it out. :bye:  

The change in emotions in freeloaders Nany, Tori and Josh  :lmao:  Hopefully old man Bananas doesn't worm his way to another final.

I guess I am dumb but why did laurel and johnny throw the challenge?  I get the wes stuff but why put it in the brits hands especially laurel since she is a beast and they could target her

Users who are viewing this thread